Author Topic: [GB]iGK bluetooth hotswap keyboards & kits, new aluminum case, GSA PBT keycaps  (Read 36437 times)

Offline ingeniousmonkey

• Custom RGB backlit mechanical keyboards
Re: [GB]60% keyboards & DIY kits:61,62,64-key,hotswap MX or optical switch
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 03:49:13 »
Glad this project went off smoothly and they all seem like good keyboards. If they can manage to make them truly programmable, it would be fantastic. Hopefully ingeniousmonkey has some cunning codemonkeys working on this.

Hello, according to the feedback from the community, we are doing this working: at the "W"  "E"  "R" 3 programmable layers,  "Fn" combined keys can be programmable.  After finished this working, we will release update firmware and software.

Excuse me, "some cunning codemonkeys working on this"?  I am not very clearly about what you mean. Would you please explain it more details? If possible, we'd like to realize some special functions to fit some special person's or some special job's needs. Thank you.

Sorry, just my attempt at humour. Someone who writes code (programmers) are sometimes referred to as a 'code monkey'.

:D
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 November 2017, 04:04:22 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 04:01:28 »
Glad this project went off smoothly and they all seem like good keyboards. If they can manage to make them truly programmable, it would be fantastic. Hopefully ingeniousmonkey has some cunning codemonkeys working on this.

Hello, according to the feedback from the community, we are doing this working: at the "W"  "E"  "R" 3 programmable layers,  "Fn" combined keys can be programmable.  After finished this working, we will release update firmware and software.

Excuse me, "some cunning codemonkeys working on this"?  I am not very clearly about what you mean. Would you please explain it more details? If possible, we'd like to realize some special functions to fit some special person's or some special job's needs. Thank you.

Sorry, just my attempt at humour. Someone who writes code (programmers) are sometimes referred to as a 'code monkey'.

In China, programmers are called code peasants.   :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 November 2017, 04:06:40 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 08:59:51 »
Thank you for considering updates to the firmware. 

Offline Kung Fu Hung-Su

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:49:27 »
Received my iGK64, and like the rest of you was disappointed to see that the iGK does not support remapping of the Fn key, and also does not support any kind of function layer - only remapping and macro programming.

I'm on Windows so I'll be trying TouchCursor to achieve what I want, but i really wanted this to work at the keyboard level.

ingeniousmonkey, I look forward to firmware and driver updates

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 01:30:08 »
Received my iGK64, and like the rest of you was disappointed to see that the iGK does not support remapping of the Fn key, and also does not support any kind of function layer - only remapping and macro programming.

I'm on Windows so I'll be trying TouchCursor to achieve what I want, but i really wanted this to work at the keyboard level.

ingeniousmonkey, I look forward to firmware and driver updates

Sorry for bringing you inconvenience. Yes, we have been trying this "Fn function".... I believe very soon, we will have a update firmware and driver to resolve it.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:37:07 »
Hello everyone,

New firmware and driver software released!

For: New features - Custom “FnX” keys, import/export of macro and RGB light effects for iGK61, 61P, iGK62,and iGK64 keyboards

Details please read the top of this thread.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 19:14:46 »
Left the same comment on Reddit, but I just wanted to let people know that this is a very good value keyboard.  Especially with the new firmware update.  I liked mine so much that I just ordered an aluminum case for it.  Although the plastic case is quite nice for $5. 

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 04:03:43 »
Left the same comment on Reddit, but I just wanted to let people know that this is a very good value keyboard.  Especially with the new firmware update.  I liked mine so much that I just ordered an aluminum case for it.  Although the plastic case is quite nice for $5.

So glad to hear that, thank you!

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 07:10:45 »
2017/12/22 Update

The round 3 group buy for iGK61, iGK61P, iGK62, iGK64 and iMK11(104-key) begins.

GB Here

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 02:32:02 »
As these kinds of mechanical keyboards, user can DIY full RGB lighting effects completely.

For the similar models: iGK61, 61P, 62 and iGK64, iMK11(104-key):

GB Here
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 December 2017, 02:46:20 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline makhuyatz

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 06:57:53 »
Hi guys! Just want to ask if the led are smd? I want to put on kailh box switches but it only supports smd led.
Or any other options/suggestions for me. TIA ;D

Edit: My question is, if i swap in a kailh box switch i wont have any problem with the rgb lighting of the kit?

Also im from Philippines, which i think epacket still does not support shipping, what courier will shoulder my order if i choose the economic shipping.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2017, 08:13:02 by makhuyatz »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 09:28:30 »
Hi guys! Just want to ask if the led are smd? I want to put on kailh box switches but it only supports smd led.

Edit: My question is, if i swap in a kailh box switch i wont have any problem with the rgb lighting of the kit?

Also im from Philippines, which i think epacket still does not support shipping, what courier will shoulder my order if i choose the economic shipping.

Yep, I have box blacks in mine right now.  Light looks good.

Offline makhuyatz

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 10:26:37 »

Sweet! Placed my preorder! Thanks!

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 21:43:08 »

Sweet! Placed my preorder! Thanks!

Thank you for your order.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 21:44:08 »

Thank you for your help.

Offline makhuyatz

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 10:00:49 »
Im planning on changing the case to an acrylic case. Will the pcb fit on any of the available cases in the market?  :rolleyes:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 11:31:52 »
Most likely, no.  It is a bit wider than most cases. Also there will most likely be clearance issues with the rgb leds and the hot swap sockets

Offline makhuyatz

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 18:17:53 »
Whats the update on this gb?   ;D

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 19:10:52 »
Deliver already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ragequit

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 09:53:12 »
Hello everyone,

For: New features - Custom “FnX” keys, import/export of macro and RGB light effects for iGK61, 61P, iGK62,and iGK64 keyboards

Thanks but it doesnt work.
And I dont understnand is FN the same as a offline profile?
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 January 2018, 12:25:12 by Ragequit »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 01:40:14 »
Whats the update on this gb?   ;D

Hello, the GB order is in production. and will ship out on time (Jan 30th, 2018).

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 01:47:24 »
Hello everyone,

Thanks but it doesnt work.
And I dont understnand is FN the same as a offline profile?

Hello, please leave message on our website, tell us your problem details, thus we can give you some help.

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 04:49:59 »
Does the igk62 have the 2u Lshift or 2.25u LShift?

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 05:08:28 »
I can't seem to find an option for the igk62 with the optical switch in Silver. No drop down choice? Was trying to do a pcb + plate + cnc case green + usb cable and a silver optical switch.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 08:58:36 »
Does the igk62 have the 2u Lshift or 2.25u LShift?

2.25u LShift.

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 09:06:36 »
I can't seem to find an option for the igk62 with the optical switch in Silver. No drop down choice? Was trying to do a pcb + plate + cnc case green + usb cable and a silver optical switch.

Sorry, if you need optical switches in Silver, probably you only can do a pcb + plate + cnc case green + usb cable and a silver optical switch.

Offline makhuyatz

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 08:45:19 »
Wish there is a black or gunmetal color option for the aluminum case.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 January 2018, 16:40:27 by makhuyatz »

Offline SugarJ

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 12:29:05 »
Still on schedule for shipment? Looking forward to receiving my kit!

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 07:15:11 »

All orders' shipment of round 3 GB has completed, you will receive your tracking number in 1~2 days.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 08:09:41 »

All orders' shipment of round 3 GB has completed, you will receive your tracking number in 1~2 days.
Awesome work you guys! I would say that apart from the service you provide, some more tweaking for the software so it can be up there with QMK is a goal to make

Offline Ragequit

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 11:42:38 »
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a light effect combining several effects together? I'm trying to make a rgb looping with breathing at the same time, a smooth gradient that also breath in and out X number of times during the color cycle.

I've tried something like this but it doesn't work

idea was:
120 frames total
40 frames per breathing
so 3 breath per cycle that should sync with red, blue, green

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 February 2018, 12:49:43 by Ragequit »

Offline SugarJ

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 12:08:47 »
I received my "Kit" as a fully assembled keyboard last night. Works great, and I love weight and feel of the aluminum case.

Offline Ragequit

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 11:51:48 »
Why is there no way to rebind FN (or anything) on the base layer? On the Fn1 layer you can't use the dynamic light modes or change light mode you're stuck with a single one

Profiles and layers should be two different things, otherwise cant press FN without changing the light mode every single time, cant have dynamic lights on custom FN1, FN2 and only a single one, also probably less bugs.

Hello, please leave message on our website, tell us your problem details, thus we can give you some help.

I did. No answer after a couple weeks. I'm soon giving up on this board. I was considering getting a replacement PCB and metal case and more switches but not anymore I mean it's nice to have added the feature we asked but (at least for me) it doesnt work at all, yes nobody else commented maybe it's just me but who knows maybe it's because the other who also wanted FN rebind already moved on.

« Last Edit: Thu, 08 February 2018, 12:02:10 by Ragequit »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 21:36:16 »
Why is there no way to rebind FN (or anything) on the base layer? On the Fn1 layer you can't use the dynamic light modes or change light mode you're stuck with a single one

Profiles and layers should be two different things, otherwise cant press FN without changing the light mode every single time, cant have dynamic lights on custom FN1, FN2 and only a single one, also probably less bugs.

I did. No answer after a couple weeks. I'm soon giving up on this board. I was considering getting a replacement PCB and metal case and more switches but not anymore I mean it's nice to have added the feature we asked but (at least for me) it doesnt work at all, yes nobody else commented maybe it's just me but who knows maybe it's because the other who also wanted FN rebind already moved on.

Hello, we are in our Chinese New Year  vacation now, so probably reply you a little late, sorry for it.
Some explanations for our iGK6X keyboards:
1)Currently, no settings can be changed in standard mode (so called "base layer").
2)In offline mode 1,2,3, users may set responding effect for each keys. The 5 playing light effects can only be set for standard mode and can not be played in offline mode 1,2,3. Users may enjoy playing the 5 light effects ("Fn" + "]}") in standard mode and we think it's not necessary to play the 5 light effects in every offline modes, the other reason of not playing 5 light effects in offline modes is that they may mix and confuse with the responding light effects set in the offline layer. 

Offline stryker09

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 19:11:57 »

yeah the fn layer remap is actually terrible, im considering to either sell it or just keep it as a tester board at this point, it is really hard to remap the keys to what i need to use daily.

Offline Ragequit

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 07:20:36 »
Hello, we are in our Chinese New Year  vacation now

my bad forgot about that but do you know why I get "applying failed!" all the time?

yeah the fn layer remap is actually terrible

if you want a truely programmable board better look somewhere else

because
- Q, E, R or F (taken for profiles) light up white and can't remap them
- the light mode changes
- applying changes is bugged

Possible way to fix:
- make base layer customizable and FN layers not change light mode when activated,
- fix "apply fail!" and FnX bug

other than that great service and board
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 February 2018, 07:47:42 by Ragequit »

Offline Ragequit

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 08:44:49 »
With new keycaps I notice the color wave is actually just a few key blobs cycling color at different intervals (7 blobs, same for windmill btw)
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 March 2018, 17:14:39 by Ragequit »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 08:11:27 »
With new keycaps I notice the color wave is actually just a few key blobs cycling color at different intervals (7 blobs, same for windmill btw)

Sorry, i can not make it clear, would you please give more detailed description or image to show it clearly?

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 08:12:27 »
Hello, we are in our Chinese New Year  vacation now

my bad forgot about that but do you know why I get "applying failed!" all the time?

yeah the fn layer remap is actually terrible

if you want a truely programmable board better look somewhere else

because
- the light mode changes
- applying changes is bugged

Possible way to fix:
- make base layer customizable and FN layers not change light mode when activated,
- fix "apply fail!" and FnX bug

other than that great service and board

-----the updated firmware had changed this.

"apply fail!"
-----This means may be the driver software is newer than the firmware, you may download the new firmware from our website and update your firmware to fit for the new driver software.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 March 2018, 08:14:41 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 01:34:20 »
The round 5 group buy will be closed in 24 hours  :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 April 2018, 01:38:36 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

The Round 6 group buy is running :cool:

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 08:59:26 »
The round  7 group buy is running~

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Re: [GB]Round9 GB for iGK61,61P,62,64 and iGK68. More new items launched!
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 10:29:16 »
Hello everyone,

The round 9 group buy begins.

More new items launched for this round GB! Such as 68 layout, custom wooden keyboard case, 2018 arc aluminum case, custom PBT dye-subbed DSA keycaps, Gateron yellow optical switch...

Welcome any feedback to us, so that we can improve these products more and more. Thanks in advance for all of you!

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 17:22:25 »
is the IGK68 compatible with any other cases besides the new 2018 case?

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 08:16:27 »
is the IGK68 compatible with any other cases besides the new 2018 case?

Hello,
Only the new 2018 case available, no other cases optional for iGK68 in this GB.

Offline duckysh

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 21:24:25 »
if you brought back the original gk64 aluminum case in black the gk68 would be an instant buy for me

Offline ingeniousmonkey

Re: [GB]iGK bluetooth hotswap keyboards & kits, new aluminum case, GSA PBT keycaps
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 10:01:00 »
2019/09/17 Update:
New Group buy Begins:
This group buy is for iGK 2019 new products: bluetooth hotswap keyboards & DIY kits,PCB, new custom aluminum case, GSA profile dye-subbed PBT keycaps, invented fiber glass plate...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB]iGK bluetooth hotswap keyboards & kits, new aluminum case, GSA PBT keycaps
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 10:58:11 »
Interesting new items. Does the 61key Bluetooth board also have some RGB lights underneath to provide underglow on the polycarbonate case?  I think it said the 64 did but I can’t find it mentioned on the 61.

I want to purchase a polycarbonate case, fiberglass plate (with gateron stabilizers) and Bluetooth 61key pcb. I don’t see that option as a package anywhere.  Do I just buy them individually?

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:28:34 »
Interesting new items. Does the 61key Bluetooth board also have some RGB lights underneath to provide underglow on the polycarbonate case?  I think it said the 64 did but I can’t find it mentioned on the 61.

I want to purchase a polycarbonate case, fiberglass plate (with gateron stabilizers) and Bluetooth 61key pcb. I don’t see that option as a package anywhere.  Do I just buy them individually?

Hello,

Sorry, by now, 61 don't have  some RGB lights underneath to provide underglow on the polycarbonate case. If you like this kind of item, probably you only can choose 64 kit from here: https://www.epathbuy.com/product/gk64s-wireless-modular-keyboard-kit-built-2019-arris-semitransparent-polycarb-case-igk64s-bt-kit18/
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:33:30 by ingeniousmonkey »

Offline ingeniousmonkey

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 09:05:03 »
Update!