Author Topic: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Soundtests, GB Jan 8  (Read 236414 times)

Offline Delicious Deity

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Update 04/24
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:35:02 »
This is one of those times I wish I'd never discovered mechanical keyboards because this is so beautiful, and I want it, but my wallet weeps because I just can't justify spending that much money. But for real, well done. It's gorgeous!

Offff the prototype looks great! Cannot wait for this board! Well done.... it is beautiful.

Thanks for the support, the machining has been finished and the anodization is currently underway.

Shame about the lack of RGBs.

When designing the pcb, we were careful to ensure the exclusion of RGB for aesthetic purposes.

Which I think is a shame. You might not like RGBs but plenty of people do. Besides me having and using RGBs shouldn't really matter to those who don't like and don't want RGBs.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:51:57 by Delicious Deity »

Offline r00dy

• like it, buy it. don't like it, don't buy it
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 21:48:01 »
This is one of those times I wish I'd never discovered mechanical keyboards because this is so beautiful, and I want it, but my wallet weeps because I just can't justify spending that much money. But for real, well done. It's gorgeous!

Offff the prototype looks great! Cannot wait for this board! Well done.... it is beautiful.

Thanks for the support, the machining has been finished and the anodization is currently underway.

Shame about the lack of RGBs.

When designing the pcb, we were careful to ensure the exclusion of RGB for aesthetic purposes.

Which I think is a shame. You might not like RGBs but plenty of people do. Besides me having and using RGBs shouldn't really matter to those who don't like and don't want RGBs.

We felt strongly that rgb clashed with the design we had in mind for the Paragon. Similar to the omission of blockers or offset arrow clusters, it was a conscious design choice we made to maintain the aesthetic we envisioned.

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:50:54 »
looks really nice :) i’m not the biggest fan of 75s but i’m from the bay so i’m interested for the skyline weight. hopefully this goes well and you can run a 65 ver in the future too :D

Offline santela

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 09:22:42 »
Man as we are close to GB date I so so hope I'm fast enough to get one. This is on the top of my keyboard wish list.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 15:58:42 »
looks really nice :) i’m not the biggest fan of 75s but i’m from the bay so i’m interested for the skyline weight. hopefully this goes well and you can run a 65 ver in the future too :D

Thanks! Unfortunately, we're not planning on running a 65% version of this so the likelihood of this weight reappearing is quite low.

Man as we are close to GB date I so so hope I'm fast enough to get one. This is on the top of my keyboard wish list.

Thanks!

I've added some updates from the past month or so to the main post.

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 13:32:55 »

Thanks! Unfortunately, we're not planning on running a 65% version of this so the likelihood of this weight reappearing is quite low.

ohp i have to try and get in on this then. i’m a structural engr in the bay i need this weight haha. fn keys would be good for work

Offline BullRage

Bloody hell. That wall thickness though. You could park a car on this thing. LOL

Which, to me is pretty cool, but my god man. That is a lot of material.

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum! Wish I knew about it earlier to catch CyberVoyager and Space65. But, hopefully I'll catch the designs now. I'd be interested in Paragon!

Count me in on that!

This really is a pretty keyboard. I love the knobs and the engraved weight. I won't be able to afford this but I wish you the best of luck with the project. :)

Thanks for all the support! The factory has finished producing the prototype and is shipping it to Germany. It should hopefully arrive late next week and spend roughly a week with Keebwerk before being shipped to us in California.

We prototyped an ewhite top case and deep navy bottom case to get multiple color samples in the same prototype (the final production units won't be two toned). There should be a gunmetal prototype knob as well as we were exploring color matching the knob to the case (this also provides us with gunmetal color samples). Here are some more pictures that the factory sent us:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

What are the screw holes for in the plate; it's a gasket-mount, rihgt?

Offline MichelKami

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Update 06/25
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 18:08:19 »
I respect that even through all the scrutiny you kept your cool and made adjustments to see it through. GLWGB brodie

Offline aerospice

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 02:47:38 »
This is definitely one of my most anticipated boards this year! The e-white color looks especially clean, same with the artisan knobs.

Offline Xherion

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 09:25:14 »
So when will the GB start?

Offline r00dy

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 20:12:11 »
Bloody hell. That wall thickness though. You could park a car on this thing. LOL

Which, to me is pretty cool, but my god man. That is a lot of material.

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum! Wish I knew about it earlier to catch CyberVoyager and Space65. But, hopefully I'll catch the designs now. I'd be interested in Paragon!

Count me in on that!

This really is a pretty keyboard. I love the knobs and the engraved weight. I won't be able to afford this but I wish you the best of luck with the project. :)

Thanks for all the support! The factory has finished producing the prototype and is shipping it to Germany. It should hopefully arrive late next week and spend roughly a week with Keebwerk before being shipped to us in California.

We prototyped an ewhite top case and deep navy bottom case to get multiple color samples in the same prototype (the final production units won't be two toned). There should be a gunmetal prototype knob as well as we were exploring color matching the knob to the case (this also provides us with gunmetal color samples). Here are some more pictures that the factory sent us:

271864-0

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

What are the screw holes for in the plate; it's a gasket-mount, rihgt?

Yes it is a gasket mount. The holes are for standoffs that can be used to secure a hotswap pcb to the plate by screwing the plate and pcb together. If there aren't any standoffs, the pcb and plate are simply held together by the switches. If you assemble the case with the hotswap pcb without standoffs and decide that you want to swap all the switches out later, you have to leave a few switches in to hold the pcb and plate together while swapping swiches or else the pcb will fall to the bottom of the case (this means that you will have to open it up again). Standoffs simply allow for you to swap all the switches out without having to concern yourself with pcb alignment or leaving switches in when swapping switches in an assembled case. The use of standoffs is entirely optional but the option was provided in the first prototype. We're testing the variable plate thickness design with only one standoff for rotary encoder support so there's a chance we may reduce or entirely eliminate the standoffs (and consequently the holes in the plate as well).

I respect that even through all the scrutiny you kept your cool and made adjustments to see it through. GLWGB brodie

This is definitely one of my most anticipated boards this year! The e-white color looks especially clean, same with the artisan knobs.

Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot.

So when will the GB start?

I'm linking our status update from 07/05 on discord since it explains the current status of project at the moment:

Prototype Update:
The plate and case foam are also on schedule and are currently being prototyped and the gaskets are nearly complete. We anticipate that the prototype and revised plates will ship next week.

Streamer Status Update:
Originally, we had tentatively set up a stream with Minterly for her to stream the Paragon build but she has decided to step away from the mech community for the time being and we wish her all the best! We are currently discussing a stream scheduled for early August with another streamer.

Groupbuy Date Update:
Due to the delay in the PVD finishing as well as some minor corrections to the files sent to the manufacturer, we are looking to push the groupbuy by two weeks or so, into early August. We will finalize the date soon.

However, I do have a progress picture of the anodized prototype from the factory. Please note that the lighting isn't ideal and that we will take better pictures with more accurate lighting when we receive the prototype.

271864-3
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 July 2021, 20:14:34 by r00dy »

Offline acidbern

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 22:07:26 »
Cool! Thanks for the update! Looking forward to perhaps an e-white version! Or whatever colour options we might get at GB!

Offline santela

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 23:20:54 »
I suck at FCFS, was really hoping this would be unlimited.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 16:07:37 »
Cool! Thanks for the update! Looking forward to perhaps an e-white version! Or whatever colour options we might get at GB!

You're welcome, the colors as per the main post are E-white, Black, Deep Navy, & Gunmetal. The colors haven't changed over the past few months and we don't anticipate any changes in colors before the gb.

Unfortunately, an unlimited gb is currently infeasible. We feel comfortable with the quantity and format of the GB.

Offline Xherion

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 19:49:15 »
Very nice and clean looking design.
Quick question on the plate options, in the first page of IC it mentions Polycarbonate and VT Alu, but in discord FAQ still mentions only brass, so what is the finalised option?

Offline acidbern

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 20:06:35 »

You're welcome, the colors as per the main post are E-white, Black, Deep Navy, & Gunmetal. The colors haven't changed over the past few months and we don't anticipate any changes in colors before the gb.

Unfortunately, an unlimited gb is currently infeasible. We feel comfortable with the quantity and format of the GB.

Awesome. Hope I can cop an e-white board at GB!

Offline SwirlCables

• * Vendor
  • Where Cables Meet End Game
    • SwirlCables - Custom Made Coiled Cables
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 01:00:18 »
very clean!

Offline r00dy

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Update 07/12
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 10:44:44 »
very clean!

Thanks!

Very nice and clean looking design.
Quick question on the plate options, in the first page of IC it mentions Polycarbonate and VT Alu, but in discord FAQ still mentions only brass, so what is the finalised option?

We're experimenting with 3 mm brass, 3 mm pc, and the aluminum variable thickness plate. We haven't decided which options to offer. We also haven't decided which plate will be the main plate option.

On the updates front, the prototype is finished and will ship to us tomorrow. The gaskets and feet should be done today and ship within the next week as well.

Offline dxxbox

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 02:58:40 »
Hi r00dy,

Any LE of GB?

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 04:49:41 »
Lol stop trying to bump this thread and let it go back to the bottom.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 14:06:24 »
Hi r00dy,

Any LE of GB?

If by LE you mean limited edition, we don't plan on offering a limited edition.

Lol stop trying to bump this thread and let it go back to the bottom.

Not sure where this is coming from as I didn't bump the thread until we had tangible updates. I've updated the main post with the pictures of the second prototype and the status of the project.

Offline 8BitTim

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Update 07/27
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 23:55:22 »
Really looking forward to this keyboard, only reason I joined this group. Any potential release date for a GB since it's now being revised for a third time? Completely understand the want to have a perfect product before it goes out.

Offline tonnu

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 03:56:56 »
given the hype can you maybe consider increasing the cap?

75 for SEA sounds very, very low. jelly epoch had 150 quota for SEA and it literally crashed the vendors' servers.

i really, really want to get this. Please!!

Offline OptimusPrime00

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 06:55:07 »
yes please!! increase the cap for EU too! since it takes longer to get the group buy ready... it's a great idea!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Offline acidbern

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 07:30:56 »
Did the IC also have a vote on where the purchases might come from? I hope there’s enough in every location. I don’t mind waiting for a well QC board. But just have enough for all the interested parties to get one… I’d love the eWhite Paragon for my new hobby.

Offline 8BitTim

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:45:21 »

I agree, 300 allotment for the US may just encourage scalpers. With how many are currently interested in this, why not make it an unlimited buy for a set amount of time?  Couldn't hurt to let everyone who wants one get one.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 10:56:14 »
Really looking forward to this keyboard, only reason I joined this group. Any potential release date for a GB since it's now being revised for a third time? Completely understand the want to have a perfect product before it goes out.

Thanks for the support! We're going to hold off on announcements regarding a timeline until we're confident in the prototype and are ready to proceed to the groupbuy. Tentatively, I'd expect a groupbuy closer to the end of the year barring any major setbacks.

Did the IC also have a vote on where the purchases might come from? I hope there’s enough in every location. I don’t mind waiting for a well QC board. But just have enough for all the interested parties to get one… I’d love the eWhite Paragon for my new hobby.

The IC did have a vote and it is how we selected the quantity allocation. Please see the attached image:

I agree, 300 allotment for the US may just encourage scalpers. With how many are currently interested in this, why not make it an unlimited buy for a set amount of time?  Couldn't hurt to let everyone who wants one get one.

The image attached above shows the interest distribution. It's how we arrived at 300 for the US.

75 for SEA sounds very, very low. jelly epoch had 150 quota for SEA and it literally crashed the vendors' servers.

yes please!! increase the cap for EU too! since it takes longer to get the group buy ready... it's a great idea!

I'm not sure how delays before the groupbuy warrant an increase in quantity as the two seem quite unrelated to me. As first time groupbuy runners, we don't want to overextend ourselves with a larger quantity. We also want to build trust with the community and that means proving that we can deliver a quality product within a reasonable time frame after the groupbuy runs. There is a high likelihood that the board may not sell out so preemptively requesting an unlimited groupbuy seems rather premature.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 13:19:41 by r00dy »

Offline bastijn

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 11:06:07 »
Too rounded for my taste and not a double exploded layout but I do like the side profile of the case. GL moving this to GB and beyond!
"The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers." -- Richard Hamming

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 13:50:00 »
Wow you had me at gunmetal.  ;D

Offline 8BitTim

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 21:09:23 »
Too rounded for my taste and not a double exploded layout but I do like the side profile of the case. GL moving this to GB and beyond!
I love the look of this board personally. Very clean and it just looks like a solid rock. Don't even mind at this point there's no RGB, I think it works for this.

Offline r00dy

Re: [IC] Paragon – 75% gasket mount w encoder | Update 09/06
« Reply #230 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 20:22:34 »
Wow you had me at gunmetal.  ;D

I love the look of this board personally. Very clean and it just looks like a solid rock. Don't even mind at this point there's no RGB, I think it works for this.

Thanks, we have placed the order for the third prototype. I've updated the main post with a status update.

Offline santela

« Reply #231 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 09:43:06 »

There is a high likelihood that the board may not sell out so preemptively requesting an unlimited groupbuy seems rather premature.

Uhh... I can tell you with full confidence the board will not last longer than 3 seconds.

Offline Bonta

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 10:12:28 »
Would love to get this too but agree with others that this board will disappear in seconds as soon as GB starts. Please consider upping the limits or perhaps unlimited GB if possible...

Especially for EU.

Offline OptimusPrime00

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 10:52:51 »
Would love to get this too but agree with others that this board will disappear in seconds as soon as GB starts. Please consider upping the limits or perhaps unlimited GB if possible...

Especially for EU.
I second that, please increase the quantity for EU please.

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 12:50:32 »
I agree: after all these months there is an exaggerated hype for this board. Especially for us in the EU it would be better to considerably increase the expected quantities or even opt for an unlimited GB  :cool:
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline menuhin

Re: [IC] Paragon vs glorious GMMK pro 75% - mounting points
« Reply #235 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 08:16:17 »

I have been preferring the Paragon over the quite well-known Glorious GMMK pro because I believe it will be customized more towards preferences of the community.

I just realized the mounting points of Paragon are indeed quite similar to that of the Glorious GMMK Pro (75%) - there are also mounting points on the side. On the contrary, I found most of the mounting points of builds - even as big as 75% and TKL (iirc e.g. RAMA U80, Zenith, TGR Jane) are mostly just mounted at the top edge and the bottom edge for more uniform flex across the board. This is one major reason I hesitate about getting the Glorious GMMK Pro.
I know this question is raised relatively late in the prototyping progress. I just want to point it out and let Op to have the chance to elaborate the rationale behind such design decision.

By the way, I like the manufacturer - hope this will make those in the EU enjoy better VAT rate.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline r00dy

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 11:31:25 »

There is a high likelihood that the board may not sell out so preemptively requesting an unlimited groupbuy seems rather premature.

Uhh... I can tell you with full confidence the board will not last longer than 3 seconds.

Especially for EU.

Especially for EU.
I second that, please increase the quantity for EU please.

I agree: after all these months there is an exaggerated hype for this board. Especially for us in the EU it would be better to considerably increase the expected quantities or even opt for an unlimited GB  :cool:

Thanks for the support, we truly appreciate it. We personally feel like the allocated quantities are large enough as is; if we were to do it again, we would probably run a lower quantity. We've reiterated our stance on the groupbuy format and quantities multiple times. Here are some of the more recent instances on geekhack:

Thanks for the support! We're going to hold off on announcements regarding a timeline until we're confident in the prototype and are ready to proceed to the groupbuy. Tentatively, I'd expect a groupbuy closer to the end of the year barring any major setbacks.

The IC did have a vote and it is how we selected the quantity allocation. Please see the attached image:

The image attached above shows the interest distribution. It's how we arrived at 300 for the US.

I'm not sure how delays before the groupbuy warrant an increase in quantity as the two seem quite unrelated to me. As first time groupbuy runners, we don't want to overextend ourselves with a larger quantity. We also want to build trust with the community and that means proving that we can deliver a quality product within a reasonable time frame after the groupbuy runs. There is a high likelihood that the board may not sell out so preemptively requesting an unlimited groupbuy seems rather premature.

Regarding the issue surrounding hype, I'd like to point out that the geekhack thread was dead for the duration between updates. If anything, we believe that the prolonged delays reduce hype and interest. The quantities are fixed and will not change.

Show Image

I have been preferring the Paragon over the quite well-known Glorious GMMK pro because I believe it will be customized more towards preferences of the community.

I just realized the mounting points of Paragon are indeed quite similar to that of the Glorious GMMK Pro (75%) - there are also mounting points on the side. On the contrary, I found most of the mounting points of builds - even as big as 75% and TKL (iirc e.g. RAMA U80, Zenith, TGR Jane) are mostly just mounted at the top edge and the bottom edge for more uniform flex across the board. This is one major reason I hesitate about getting the Glorious GMMK Pro.
I know this question is raised relatively late in the prototyping progress. I just want to point it out and let Op to have the chance to elaborate the rationale behind such design decision.

By the way, I like the manufacturer - hope this will make those in the EU enjoy better VAT rate.

Thanks for the interest. If you refer to the latest update on the main post (9/06), you will notice that the side gasket tabs have been removed and the plate thickness has been reduced to 1.5 mm. The following, however, was the original reasoning (copy pasted from a previous geekhack reply):

"Keebwerk ran some plate analysis and determined that it was ideal to use the 3mm plate with the gasket implementation as shown right now. Our gasket implementation is not as focused on plate flex as we have a 3 mm plate which already reduces plate flex substantially. We thought about it and decided that the side gaskets can be optional (you don't have to insert them if you don't want to) but the option exists."

I would like to add that we found the 3 mm pc and pom plates to be surprisingly flexible. However, we decided to standardize the plate for increased flex due to the recent trends regarding flex. For full transparency, I personally prefer a stiffer typing experience whereas my partner prefers a softer typing experience so we hope to provide both options with a variety of gasket and plate options during the groupbuy.

On a side note, I would also like to point out that I found the final sentence of the inquiry regarding the 3 mm plate rather loaded. The plate design has been addressed in virtually each iteration and this exact question has already been answered. I can understand citing other popular boards as references to substantiate the claim but I personally felt like the question was biased in assuming that side tabs were necessarily inferior while also affording me a "chance to elaborate the rationale behind such design decision". While I agree with your opinion, I disagree with the phrasing of your inquiry. On a more general note, I implore everyone to read through this thread before asking questions. All of the information that I've reiterated in this response can be found in this thread.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 14:13:06 »

More
Show Image

Thanks for the interest. If you refer to the latest update on the main post (9/06), you will notice that the side gasket tabs have been removed and the plate thickness has been reduced to 1.5 mm. The following, however, was the original reasoning (copy pasted from a previous geekhack reply):

"Keebwerk ran some plate analysis and determined that it was ideal to use the 3mm plate with the gasket implementation as shown right now. Our gasket implementation is not as focused on plate flex as we have a 3 mm plate which already reduces plate flex substantially. We thought about it and decided that the side gaskets can be optional (you don't have to insert them if you don't want to) but the option exists."

I would like to add that we found the 3 mm pc and pom plates to be surprisingly flexible. However, we decided to standardize the plate for increased flex due to the recent trends regarding flex. For full transparency, I personally prefer a stiffer typing experience whereas my partner prefers a softer typing experience so we hope to provide both options with a variety of gasket and plate options during the groupbuy.

On a side note, I would also like to point out that I found the final sentence of the inquiry regarding the 3 mm plate rather loaded. The plate design has been addressed in virtually each iteration and this exact question has already been answered. I can understand citing other popular boards as references to substantiate the claim but I personally felt like the question was biased in assuming that side tabs were necessarily inferior while also affording me a "chance to elaborate the rationale behind such design decision". While I agree with your opinion, I disagree with the phrasing of your inquiry. On a more general note, I implore everyone to read through this thread before asking questions. All of the information that I've reiterated in this response can be found in this thread.

Didn't see the photo of prototype 3 but now I'm aware of the decision to remove side tabs of the plate - thanks for the pointer and the hassle to reiterate how the design process was.
Perhaps I am biased against having side tabs but it limits to having flex in a design. Side tabs are not necessarily inferior when a design wants full support such as in the top/bottom/sandwich mount. "Flex" depends mostly on the plate material, e.g. for users like yourself who prefer a stiffer typing experience usually can opt for harder plate material such as brass which almost does not flex at all. And there is also the "give" while typing that depends on the material of the gaskets. Flexible plates with tabs on the side flex like a funny trampoline - stiffer also on both sides and maybe some people will like it still.

Hope you feel more comfortable about my phrasing this time, and GLW prototying and GB with this nice design!
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline iknowreal

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 13:55:21 »
Every 500 years I gotta come to this thread just to see if I imagined this board and wondering if I feel the same way about it.

Offline santela

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 20:56:52 »
and wondering if I feel the same way about it.

I always do

Offline r00dy

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 15:14:17 »

More
Show Image

Didn't see the photo of prototype 3 but now I'm aware of the decision to remove side tabs of the plate - thanks for the pointer and the hassle to reiterate how the design process was.
Perhaps I am biased against having side tabs but it limits to having flex in a design. Side tabs are not necessarily inferior when a design wants full support such as in the top/bottom/sandwich mount. "Flex" depends mostly on the plate material, e.g. for users like yourself who prefer a stiffer typing experience usually can opt for harder plate material such as brass which almost does not flex at all. And there is also the "give" while typing that depends on the material of the gaskets. Flexible plates with tabs on the side flex like a funny trampoline - stiffer also on both sides and maybe some people will like it still.

Hope you feel more comfortable about my phrasing this time, and GLW prototying and GB with this nice design!

Thanks! The third proto is actually in production at the moment, I was specifically referring to updates on the main post.

Every 500 years I gotta come to this thread just to see if I imagined this board and wondering if I feel the same way about it.

Same.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #241 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 23:10:56 »
Sick. So is glorious coming out with a new version of gmmk pro with every skyline ? I hope they do LA.

Offline evidentLEE

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 23:53:10 »
Looking forward to this board!! 75% GANG!!
Give a man a gun, he'll rob a bank. Give a man a bank, he'll rob the world.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 09:17:00 »
Sick. So is glorious coming out with a new version of gmmk pro with every skyline ? I hope they do LA.

No.

Offline deejparulan

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 07:37:45 »
Looking forward to this!

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 21:27:25 »
How set are you with the KBD75 layout?

Offline r00dy

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 22:25:55 »
How set are you with the KBD75 layout?

Can you add a horizontally offset cluster?
At the end of the day, there’s only so many suggestions we can take while retaining the identity of the board. We’ve decided that symmetry and the even bezel fundamentally define this board and set it apart. While we understand that this might be a dealbreaker for some of you, we feel that adding a cluster would change the identity of the board and of course the number of SKUs for the top body of the board.
Can you add WKL?
Standard WKL layouts have blockers and as we just mentioned, we’ve decided against blockers; however, we have decided to support a layout that supports two mods on both sides to preserve the WKL functionality without the blockers (see new renders above). We felt like this was an amenable solution because it did not fundamentally alter the seamless aesthetic of the board.
Can you add an offset arrow cluster?
The mounting system is embedded within the bezel. To use an offset cluster, we would have to redesign the board from the ground up. Additionally, the offset arrow cluster board would be larger, so adding an entirely larger board as a SKU which would be both expensive to develop and sell due to the entirely new SKU. We also didn’t like the idea of the spacing and symmetry being compromised but the feasibility of implementing an offset cluster was what really eliminated this option from contention.

Answered in the main post over a year ago. As an aside, I believe the kbd75 doesn't have an offset or spaced out function row so the layout isn't the same.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 21:39:12 »
Oh good lord, I posted my question in the wrong IC lol.
The Paragon's layout is perfect.

Offline peekoki

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 15:45:03 »
Looks great!

Offline santela

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 07:10:31 »
I've been waiting on this and Type-K for so long that I'll be extremely sad if I don't get to cop at least one of the two.