Author Topic: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - GB JAN 4 2021 - Prices posted - GB page soon  (Read 79588 times)

Offline Spacex

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATED
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:41:43 »
I agree render looks great; I am hyped!

Offline Swishy

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 13:17:52 »
I agree render looks great; I am hyped!

Glad to hear, I have been putting a lot of time into my render to make sure they best show the project!

Offline FriendlyNerd

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 10:23:13 »
Gb still on?
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 June 2020, 12:18:06 by FriendlyNerd »

Offline Swishy

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 13:12:20 »
Gb still on?

Of course, sorry that it is taking me a while to update everytime I am ready there is one more thing I change. I just updated the color for hopefully the final time and redoing all my renders. Thank you fo your interest though, very appreciated!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 16:24:56 »
Gb still on?

Of course, sorry that it is taking me a while to update everytime I am ready there is one more thing I change. I just updated the color for hopefully the final time and redoing all my renders. Thank you fo your interest though, very appreciated!

Would you share the Pantone codes you decide to go with?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 16:38:54 »
Gb still on?

I will once everything is together I don't want to release everything in parts cause it will cause inconsistencies but I used formula Guide coated Pantone book.

Offline KEYGEM

• * Vendor
    • KEYGEM Online Shop
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 16:46:21 »
I like the progress in this project :) Happy you could keep the spacebar!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 17:33:09 »
Gb still on?

I will once everything is together I don't want to release everything in parts cause it will cause inconsistencies but I used formula Guide coated Pantone book.

Thanks!

Offline Swishy

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 18:31:18 »
Gb still on?

Thanks!

Anytime, If you have anymore questions just ask!

Offline FriendlyNerd

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 22:02:51 »
Thanks!

Offline Pyk_

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 22:57:41 »
Yeah it was originally DSA but it couldn't do what I wanted. So, I moved to KAM so if R2 happens ill either do it in two different profiles or just one different. but glad to see you like it
I actually prefer KAM, but I’m curious what it is that DSA couldn’t do? The space bar maybe?

Speaking of, really interesting spacebar. I’d love to see more renders of it. Being an ortho user, it would be cool to see in 2u, though I assume interest wouldn’t be high enough.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 23:04:43 »
Yeah it was originally DSA but it couldn't do what I wanted. So, I moved to KAM so if R2 happens ill either do it in two different profiles or just one different. but glad to see you like it
I actually prefer KAM, but I’m curious what it is that DSA couldn’t do? The space bar maybe?

Speaking of, really interesting spacebar. I’d love to see more renders of it. Being an ortho user, it would be cool to see in 2u, though I assume interest wouldn’t be high enough.

Hi,
Yes the major reason why I didn't use DSA was because the spacebar and I think you will be excited to hear I plan on doing a 2u novelty spacebar so you can use it. There will be more and better renders of everything once I finish, and there might even be a sample of the spacebar with the design on it.

Offline Pyk_

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 23:38:13 »
Hi,
Yes the major reason why I didn't use DSA was because the spacebar and I think you will be excited to hear I plan on doing a 2u novelty spacebar so you can use it. There will be more and better renders of everything once I finish, and there might even be a sample of the spacebar with the design on it.
Oh! That’s great news. Can’t wait.

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATED - Still waiting on samples
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 10:45:43 »
Still waiting sorry for not updating sooner.

Offline KeebCalmAndCarryOn

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATED - still waiting on samples
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 11:16:36 »
Just checking in on this. Would love to have it for my Disarray board—totally willing to wait until 1/21. 

Offline Swishy

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 18:46:27 »
Just checking in on this. Would love to have it for my Disarray board—totally willing to wait until 1/21. 

Its still happening I have finished kitting and such but I want to wait for the samples its just taking longer than expected and I totally love the disarray I think that or the Cyberboard would go really well with the set. I am glad to see that you like the set. I have some exciting collabs to announce as well!

Offline KeebCalmAndCarryOn

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 19:01:53 »
Most excellent! I’m a child of the ‘80’s and this set speaks to my soul. Will continue to wait patiently.  Thanks :D

Offline Argan12345

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 10:47:45 »
Is grainy PBT (a la KAM wraith) confirmed over shiny PBT (a la KAM Starry Night) for this set? Real interested, just wanna know

Offline Swishy

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 10:41:04 »
Is grainy PBT (a la KAM wraith) confirmed over shiny PBT (a la KAM Starry Night) for this set? Real interested, just wanna know

It will be matte I got sample of both and I found I loathe glossy pbt because it makes my fingers sweat. I hope that what you were hoping for!

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 23:05:08 »
I mean glossy pbt feels more retro like a 50's console ckeyboard belonging to something with 'mainframe' in the name.
Perfect for a profile like SA or MT3 but KAM has more class than that and deserves better.

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 14:17:29 »
this keyset is looking beautiful!  great colors!!

Offline Laughmore

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 10:02:12 »
Pardon my enthusiasm - on keycapcalendar, this is the only upcoming offer I'm excited about. I want it.

I vote for (as seen in other kits):
- Blank Ergo modifier addon kit (or novelty art modifiers, one can dream)
- 6 unique 1.25u's in novelty kit (for Redux I buy 2 kits for the needed 10x1.25u).

Novelty keys are more useful for variable layouts than modifiers with legends imo (followed closely by blanks...). Printed legends suitability is so niche on some sizes, it would be helpful to leverage that flexibility!

As the novelty kit is now, good symmetry cannot by achieved on a Redox without weird redundancy. The "Play," video camera, cell phone, and "Eject" art would be really useful as 1.25u too. Others have 6, why not this novelty kit? Thank you, I want.

Offline Mazayiz

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 12:46:35 »
Love the set and what has been shown. Never had KAM profile so excited to try it out here. Always a fan of novelties and would enjoy more but I understand if the novelty set is finalized.
Good Luck!

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 13:01:36 »
MAN I REALLY WANT THIS

Offline Swishy

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 16:48:26 »
MAN I REALLY WANT THIS
GLAD TO HEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Havattack

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - Test spacebar Photos looking good
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 12:06:25 »
Should of made it SA.. .Because everything should be in SA. But i suppose i will settle for less then it could of been..

Offline Swishy

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 16:07:16 »
Should of made it SA.. .Because everything should be in SA. But i suppose i will settle for less then it could of been..
I prefer to climb mountains not keycaps ;D

Offline Havattack

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 15:19:54 »

Well, then that's where we differ! LOL I just really like their weight, thickness, and heavenly sound.
What is this set, DSA?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:52:39 »

Well, then that's where we differ! LOL I just really like their weight, thickness, and heavenly sound.
What is this set, DSA?
no, its Kam. its also uniform and a modified row 2 of KAT.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 12:38:37 »

What is this set, DSA?
no, its Kam. its also uniform and a modified row 2 of KAT.
Oh jesus, obviously it's KAM.. How did i managed to miss that one?.. My bad. - Thanks

Offline paysen

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 19:09:59 »
Looks great so far. Could use a palm tree deskmat or sth, or a knight rider car ;-D

Interested to say the least.

Offline StingrayShuffle

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 21:27:36 »
I love the updated spacebar. Nice work!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 21:37:01 »
Love the spacebars & definitely looking forward to picking all the 40 related kits & alphas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Swishy

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 02:02:06 »
I have decided to use my Pantones as my basis for color since the samples are taking so long and if any changes happen I will make sure to communicate that clearly as it happens. I would like to apologize for the lack of updating and the lack of being involved. I am truly excited for this set and I really can't wait to share it with you both kitting and updated renders will be posted by next Friday I hope.

Here is the colors I will be moving forward with:

Alpha keys - Pantone 2975 C is a light blue

Mod text - PANTONE 2036 C is pink

Mods keys/alpha text- PANTONE 4146 C is dark blue

Alt Alpha keys - PANTONE 4066 C is pink

Accent keys - PANTONE 267 C and PANTONE 667 C (this is the original accent in the current renders and since so many people like the set with it I will offer an accent kit, but not noveties)

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - GB date January and Kitting/Renders updated
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 10:08:34 »
Finally updated the kitting and renders hope you enjoy

Offline smshark

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - GB date January and Kitting/Renders updated
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 13:43:55 »
Any chance you could add an extra Tab to the mod kit? Being able to fill a TKL + tsangan 60% with one mod kit and 2 alphas would be great

Offline GEIST

• schwarzgrau
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 14:07:38 »
I would love to see something like an X which could be used for everything in the ortho mods, but lets be honest: I'll buy it anyway

Offline Swishy

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 17:12:41 »
Any chance you could add an extra Tab to the mod kit? Being able to fill a TKL + tsangan 60% with one mod kit and 2 alphas would be great
I can definitely make that happen although the kit does have physical coverage for two boards since it is a uniform profile.

Offline Razer1987

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 17:40:36 »
Hi, nice kit, it would be nice to have a French Azerty kit (what would be the moq?). I think It never happened in a KAM GB.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 19:07:58 »
Damn, it’s beautiful...Now I’ve got to get all 3 alphas & 3 40s kits.....not sure what else, but all that!

Offline Swishy

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 19:10:54 »
Damn, it’s beautiful...Now I’ve got to get all 3 alphas & 3 40s kits.....not sure what else, but all that!

Ohhh exciting novelties are coming soon so save some room for that they are gonna be fire!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 20:16:34 »

Ohhh exciting novelties are coming soon so save some room for that they are gonna be fire!
Great & thanks for offering a uniform profile keyset!

Offline samanth

• Thocc
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 21:08:36 »
I love the kitting. Perfect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline smshark

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 22:49:20 »
I can definitely make that happen although the kit does have physical coverage for two boards since it is a uniform profile.

I did notice that - just thinking it helps keep legends correct at a (hopefully) low additional cost. Great work on the set!

Offline frostykoala

• consider Nightlight
    • Check out some Renders :)
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 22:57:19 »
reserved

Offline frostykoala

• consider Nightlight
    • Check out some Renders :)
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 23:06:27 »
reserved

Offline halocantkb

• Formerly 'shota_irl'
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 23:09:59 »
new renders real fresh

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - Samples have Arrived posting photos soon!!!!
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 01:36:13 »
Protos have arrived. its about to get funky!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - Samples have Arrived posting photos soon!!!!
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 01:43:58 »
Protos have arrived. its about to get funky!
Great, I’m looking forward to seeing them!

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 02:22:00 »
Beautiful set Swishy, glad to see its going well!