Author Topic: My first Das Keyboard Ultimate  (Read 2349 times)

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
My first Das Keyboard Ultimate
« on: Mon, 20 April 2009, 23:24:26 »
Sob sob, I am so moved right now as my finger goes up and down on completely blank keycap making clanky clicky sound, so noisy that my work mate has to put on his headphone... I believe some of you guys here share the same feeling..sob sob.. From now on, I won't be able to go back to rubber dome, YAY!!!...NO...I have officially become keyboard addict like you guys.
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline cmr

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 April 2009, 23:38:55 »
just hook that apple keyboard up to your coworker's box and he'll be in the hospital in no time

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 02:09:58 »
Are you used to your Cherry blues already? I have had mine about a week and I still bottom out too much. My wp, has increased from 60 to 69 since I got it, so if this trend sticks up then after three weeks I should have 87 wpm, which seems very appealing to me. Oh my accuracy has gone up to 100% in everything that I type now, but that includes pressing the backspace for mistakes in the wpm rating.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 03:33:53 »
Whoops now that I read your post carefully it seems that you are bottoming out and making that really loud noise that forced your workmate to put on his headphone. Try pressing the key down only halfway, which should be the point where you hear the clicking sound that tells you that the key has triggered. If you want to type like this try relaxing your fingers and not pressing as hard. Your wpm will either drop or increase, depending if you are used to typing hard or soft.

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 05:33:53 »
@Hyperion: thx for tips, for now my speed is DEFINITELY faster than my damn flat Mac keyboard. Still the key is bouncing up too fast, I just need more time to get used to it.
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline ozar

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 12:13:12 »
I love the feel of blue cherry switches, but I must admit the high pitched clicks start to bother me after a few days of use so I usually switch to something else.

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 15:31:01 »
Yeah, it was the high-pitched clicks that did it for me.  I was thinking of trying a blue cherry Filco, but I may just buy the white-alps Filco first.  Since I already know I like white-alps, that is less of a gamble for me.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 15:35:38 »
Rather unfortunate you didn't do the age old joke of getting a keyboard with blank caps so your first post with it would be

Quote from: joneslee85;86608
orx orxw c am or mrk.e pcidy br, ao mf ucbi.p ir.o gl abe er,b rb jrmln.y.nf xnabt t.fjalo matcbi jnabtf jncjty orgbew or brcof yday mf ,rpt may. dao yr lgy rb dco d.aeldrb.vvv C x.nc.k. orm. ru frg igfo d.p. odap. yd. oam. u..ncbivvorx orxvv Uprm br, rbw C ,rb-y x. axn. yr ir xajt yr pgx.p erm.w FAF!!!vvvBRvvvC dak. ruucjcannf x.jrm. t.fxrape aeecjy nct. frg igfov