Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping  (Read 248777 times)

Offline zzyjayfree

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - In Production
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 16:44:16 »
Looks close enough to me :D

Thanks for the update! That anode looks great. Out of curioisity is the white-ish looking anode on image 6 in the album the same as the "light grey" colour for moon?

In fact they are the same color.

Btw I've received some pics for moon production. Check out how Moon is made: https://imgur.com/a/P4Pbh
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline poolside

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 17:36:56 »

Thanks for the update! That anode looks great. Out of curioisity is the white-ish looking anode on image 6 in the album the same as the "light grey" colour for moon?

Btw I've received some pics for moon production. Check out how Moon is made: https://imgur.com/a/P4Pbh

Thanks for these pics. I wonder how the smooth finish of the curvy surfaces is achieved.

Offline swangful

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 17:38:26 »
Awwww yeahhh updates!!!!!!

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #253 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 18:06:55 »
Thanks for these pics. I wonder how the smooth finish of the curvy surfaces is achieved.

Bigger drill heads are used first to remove the big chunks of aluminum and then the smaller heads for details. After CNC is done, these cases still need to be hand polished. It's quite common for these kind of designs. And that's also why we did not recommend any extra top/bottom purchase as they might not fit perfectly. (It's less obvious for straight line designs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline neralo

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 00:41:46 »

YESS that light grey is amazing! Exactly what I hoped it would be seems like.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 02:42:09 »

NICE! do you have a video of it being CNCed? would be very satisfying to watch. lol
Hope this still in track with the timeline  ;D

Offline Undergroundflaw

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 18:46:48 »

Awesome progress pics! Great to see everything coming along.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 18:27:06 »
Wondering what type of cable this is going to use? micro or mini?

Offline swangful

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 19:12:27 »
Wondering what type of cable this is going to use? micro or mini?

Mini :)

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 08:26:39 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 12:20:03 »
Micro according to this: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90379.msg2490243#msg2490243

zzjayfree said mini in the IC threads. That guy isn't in charge of anything.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline swangful

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 12:39:32 »
Micro according to this: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90379.msg2490243#msg2490243

zzjayfree said mini in the IC threads. That guy isn't in charge of anything.

My bad! Edited my post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #262 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 03:39:22 »

zzjayfree said mini in the IC threads

Oh, wow :( OK that's really disappointing. No USB-C sure I understand, but ugh... any tips on a compact/discrete USB-micro or USB-C (female) to USB-mini (male) adapter?

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 05:21:09 »

zzjayfree said mini in the IC threads

Oh, wow :( OK that's really disappointing. No USB-C sure I understand, but ugh... any tips on a compact/discrete USB-micro or USB-C (female) to USB-mini (male) adapter?

Actually it is pretty common for mini usb to be used on custom keyboard like this.
 there are many cheap option for micro female to mini male. I got mine for about $2.
Not sure about USB C tho

Offline nobleslight

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 23:35:45 »
Any update regarding production timeline?  Still on track for the end of this month?

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 04:07:21 »
Any update regarding production timeline?  Still on track for the end of this month?

Somehow I highly doute it will make it in the next few days. But hell I hope they prove me wrong..

Offline nobleslight

« Reply #266 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 04:34:59 »

Somehow I highly doute it will make it in the next few days. But hell I hope they prove me wrong..

Yep.  Wasn't really expecting it, just hoping for a small update since it's been about 2 weeks since we've last heard anything.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #267 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 05:03:24 »

Yep.  Wasn't really expecting it, just hoping for a small update since it's been about 2 weeks since we've last heard anything.

No I agree. I hate delay updated the day of expected date.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #268 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 14:16:34 »
MIRA was delayed by about 2-3 weeks, I suspect Moon has suffered the same delay, as it was next in the queue. Also, there is a holiday in China at the end of this month, so that'll probably add more time onto it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #269 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 19:06:58 »
Geekhack order is still in process of manufacturing.  However, I got some pics of Chinese GB and they are ready to roll out pretty soon: https://imgur.com/a/6YloJ  You'll able to find most of the color options from these pics, I hope it helps.

Offline Singular

« Reply #270 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 20:53:54 »
Geekhack order is still in process of manufacturing.  However, I got some pics of Chinese GB and they are ready to roll out pretty soon: https://imgur.com/a/6YloJ  You'll able to find most of the color options from these pics, I hope it helps.

What's the HHKB layout board with f-row in the pictures?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #271 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 21:02:54 »

EVE's next project

More info coming. I think the China GB will be  soon.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #272 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 22:23:02 »
We'll be able to buy that HHKB board, right? Do want. ;)

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 00:13:14 »

Nice! Can't wait to get my hands on that beauty  :p

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 00:15:57 »
Looks good!!  :thumb:
LZ Limited

Offline nobleslight

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 01:39:13 »

Wow, those are looking good!  That green & purple Moon looks like it's fated to go with a troubled minds set.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 02:00:37 »

Wow, those are looking good!  That green & purple Moon looks like it's fated to go with a troubled minds set.

That's no moon...

Offline Kavik

« Reply #277 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 11:15:05 »
I really hope none of this North Korea sanctions nonsense affects trade with China and this GB.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 12:49:49 »
I really hope none of this North Korea sanctions nonsense affects trade with China and this GB.

I had some mail delayed in Chinese customs during the height of the tensions last month. It was delayed for about 2 weeks because of China's border spat, as well as the nuclear tensions between NK and USA.

I just wanted my taobao ****, like...

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 16:00:54 »

So where does that put us? A couple weeks out or a month or more ???

Offline poolside

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 16:04:13 »

Thanks. No dark purple Moon in those pictures, but that gray/black board has got a nice stealth look  :cool:

Bigger drill heads are used first to remove the big chunks of aluminum and then the smaller heads for details. After CNC is done, these cases still need to be hand polished. It's quite common for these kind of designs. And that's also why we did not recommend any extra top/bottom purchase as they might not fit perfectly. (It's less obvious for straight line designs)

Looking at the end result, it is rather impressive.

Offline swangful

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 16:30:17 »

I was under the impression we were shooting for mid-late Oct. Seems like with any more delays it may push into Nov :(

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 21:35:25 »

EVE's next project

More info coming. I think the China GB will be  soon.

We'll be able to buy that HHKB board, right? Do want. ;)

Like puddsy mentioned, it's EVE's upcoming project. However, it'll have to wait moon wraps up for the best of buyers  :p

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 21:37:04 »

I was under the impression we were shooting for mid-late Oct. Seems like with any more delays it may push into Nov :(

Sorry but I couldn't give a exact date at this moment, but I'm sure that EVE's doing his best to for the GB.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 13:48:46 »
I'm so glad I got the forest green now :D Those photos look so good!

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 16:56:45 »
WOW... can't wait...

but, **** **** stack I should've taken military green case bottom, would have looked bomb with light gray top... but can't have all, gonna stick with what I went with :)

Offline swangful

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 20:04:40 »
Does the anodized finish leave fingerprints? :O

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 22:48:22 »
Does the anodized finish leave fingerprints? :O

shouldn't... it's ano

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 10:37:39 »
WOW... can't wait...

but, **** **** stack I should've taken military green case bottom, would have looked bomb with light gray top... but can't have all, gonna stick with what I went with :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) check that order sheet, bruh

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 10:40:57 »
WOW... can't wait...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) check that order sheet, bruh

I did... gonna stick with the light gray top, ink black bottom... just wish I had enough cash to have gotten two and made the second one military green ;)

Offline swangful

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 19:19:52 »
Just wanted to check, is production halted for the holidays? Are we looking at end of Oct ETA? :O

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 20:40:37 »
 It is. I can't give an ETA until everything is back online after holiday.

Offline neralo

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 07:31:24 »
I dunno if this has been asked before but how long is the spacebar in the wkl version of this board? 6.25u or 7u? Preparing the keycaps that are going on this bad boy when it comes in

HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 11:42:58 »
I dunno if this has been asked before but how long is the spacebar in the wkl version of this board? 6.25u or 7u? Preparing the keycaps that are going on this bad boy when it comes in

Pretty sure it is 7u

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 14:00:25 »

it's 7u

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 19:48:34 »

it's 7u

That is a real ****ing drag...... I bought hammer space-bar for the carbon set for this board. I bought the 6.25u not thinking about how it would be different with the wkl version.. FML!!!

Offline avid

« Reply #296 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 19:51:35 »

it's 7u

That is a real ****ing drag...... I bought hammer space-bar for the carbon set for this board. I bought the 6.25u not thinking about how it would be different with the wkl version.. FML!!!

Just hit up mechmarket and try trading it. I'm sure people did the other way around.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 20:08:16 »
I hope you are right... Going to give it a go repeatedly until I hopefully get a hit.

Offline neralo

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 22:24:58 »

it's 7u

Thanks Puddsy (and Stand.geek too)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 11:22:11 »
Any updates in production? If there are any production pics :O