Author Topic: Iqunix F60 2020 LED question  (Read 2641 times)

Offline lolhalol

Iqunix F60 2020 LED question
« on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 03:19:08 »
I recently bought an F60 non-rgb version, and after taking it apart, there seem to be solder pad's for the SMD LEDs. I guess they use the same PCB on the RGB models. So I was wondering if I could add the LEDs my self? and if I could which led should I get? I did contact iqunix about the led through their website customer chat, and they said that I could add it myself. However, there is no software out for this board yet as its really new, (my PCB's date is 22/04/2020). Am I right in thinking the firmware for the non-RGB and RGB is the same? ie RGB control's on the FN layer should be the same on both boards right?

This is the pcb

These seem like the right LEDs for this PCB, however they have two models with opposite + pin layout. which one should I get?

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
Re: Iqunix F60 2020 LED question
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 03:47:25 »
it could be. I remember the old poker boards that were non-led had the led holes filled with solder. all you had to was clean em up and put in the led's then they worked fine. might be worthwhile to try. goodluck!

Offline lolhalol

Re: Iqunix F60 2020 LED question
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 08:57:22 »
it could be. I remember the old poker boards that were non-led had the led holes filled with solder. all you had to was clean em up and put in the led's then they worked fine. might be worthwhile to try. goodluck!

From what i could understand from iqunix customer support, it should be possible. Im just having a tough time figuring out what led specs are for this board.