Author Topic: [FS] Realforce 89S 10thAE modified to ANSI and 45g (price drop)  (Read 10294 times)

Offline khaangaaroo

• Trade Count: (0)

89S 10th Anniversary Edition. I imported this from Amazon.jp through Tenso and used it as the donor board to swap switches with the FC660C. So instead of silent 30g switches (purple plungers), it has normal 45g switches (black plungers) in the main area of the board. It has also been modded to make the JIS layout more ANSI. More about how that was done here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44796.0 Also take note that it has a PS2 connector instead of USB. I did not type on this board at all other than to test all the switches after modding, so it's in brand new condition. Comes with lavender wasd keys, and original packaging. $250 OBO $200 shipped

FC660C modded to all-30g silent, vinyl wrapped in white. This was only my second time ever vinyl wrapping a keyboard, so it's not perfect, but I'm still really happy with it. It's really hard wrapping around 90 degree corners! Reason for sale is because I prefer my Realforce. Less than a week worth of light use on this board. Comes with red esc, lavender wasd, usb cable, and original packaging. I put a lot of work into this unique beast, so it's not gonna be cheap. $320 + shipping. [SOLD]

Filco MJ2 with mx browns. It's brand new, but the packaging is pretty beat up. I had to take the board apart to replace a malfunctioning left ctrl switch that was probably damaged during shipping. (Thus the beat up packaging.) It's also missing a key cap for ctrl, so I'm including a blank modifier key instead. But the board works perfectly now, and the switches feel smoother than other mx brown boards I've tried. Get this Filco for the price of a QFR! $90 + shipping. [SOLD]

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:05:50 by khaangaaroo »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
Re: [FS] Modded Topre boards and a Filco w/browns
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 13:08:28 »
Hot damn that 660c went fast man.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 14:06:54 »
What a beautiful keyboard that FC660C is!
 :)
GLWS
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 15:28:45 »
wow, you really love modding such things Khang!

I'm facing my first mod and don't even know what to do - just a simple change of cable from ps2 to usb.... but people like you are inspiring for me!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline anticorrelator

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 19:13:38 »
wow that 660 really is really gorgeous

Offline thrashwolf

• Freelance Illustrator / Designer
    • My Work
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 19:56:10 »
willing to ship the filco to AUS ?
Novatouch TKL /w MT3 /DEV/TTY keycaps
Filco & Ducky TKL with browns

Offline Aranair

• Software Engineer @ PocketMath
    • Tech blog
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 20:16:46 »
Wow tempted to try some vinyl wrapping now:0

Present  : HHKB Pro 2 Type-S White | HHKB Pro 2 White Blank | Ergodox EZ
Past      :  Poker 2 Brown | Black Widow Ultimate Blue | Filco TKL Brown

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 00:49:57 »
GAH upset that I bought a Poker X with reds instead of that Filco MJ2 :(. Probably won't get paid in time. That price is like woah.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 07:51:20 »
YGPM on the Filco!

Offline crABtoad

Re: [FS] Realforce 89S 10thAE modified to ANSI and 45g
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 21:14:51 »
Hey khaangaaroo...  There's a low-visibility post over in the mechanical keyboard subreddit of your absolutely beautiful FC660 mod.  Really, this is some supremely nice work and kudos to you.  You seem to have moved your links and the OP image goes to the top of this page.  I resposted imgur links into that thread.

If you did this on purpose and don't want the visibility there, I can delete my updated links on your request.  Just giving you a heads up, if you don't care I'll leave it as is.

Wow, took me a couple minutes to figure out that WYSIWYG editor thing.  Done!

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 21:23:48 »
Hey khaangaaroo...  There's a low-visibility post over in the mechanical keyboard subreddit of your absolutely beautiful FC660 mod.  Really, this is some supremely nice work and kudos to you.  You seem to have moved your links and the OP image goes to the top of this page.  I resposted imgur links into that thread.

If you did this on purpose and don't want the visibility there, I can delete my updated links on your request.  Just giving you a heads up, if you don't care I'll leave it as is.

Wow, took me a couple minutes to figure out that WYSIWYG editor thing.  Done!

That's cool with me. I just moved the sold stuff to the bottom of the post to clean it up a bit. I'll move them out from the quote to unhide them.

Offline crABtoad

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 21:55:19 »
Okay cool, thought you might've moved them because you didn't want externals linking here (no idea why you would want that, but wanted to make sure).

Really, seriously, amazingly, ****ing awesome work here yo.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:05:26 »
Price drop on the 89S. I paid $250 for it, plus $50 in shipping and fees to bring it to the U.S.
I'll sell it for $200 shipped within the U.S.

Offline khaangaaroo

Re: [FS] Realforce 89S 10thAE modified to ANSI and 45g (price drop)
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 09:53:22 »
bump

Offline khaangaaroo

Re: [FS] Realforce 89S 10thAE modified to ANSI and 45g (price drop)
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 17:07:37 »
bump