Author Topic: [IC] GMK Wavez GB IS LIVE !!  (Read 128907 times)

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
Re: [IC] GMK Wavez
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 09:04:34 »
Digging it. Icon mods aren't my thing, but the colors are great. Imo the kit is solid where it is and is roughly what a GMK base kit should be for maxing out good support without hitting too much pricey niche stuff. Any thoughts on vendor and timeline yet?

Thanks i really apprecieate these kind words, we're doing minor changes on the novelties to make them as accurate as possible, and after that things will go quick, and yeah all vendors are planned.

I hope you're looking at zFrontier as one of the vendors! Us asians really like buying from them.  :D

I got you fam don't worry :D

Offline dantambok

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 10:00:38 »
cool beans. thanks fam
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 10:03:27 »
Would really love text only mods, maybe offer a kit?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 12:32:17 »

Once again the thing is that it's all about MOQ and the majority of people who want that or that kit... in that case 90% of the people pref the icon mods so if i end up make a kit on that custom color set it will never reach MOQ, and same for all the 40%/Ergo... it's not a MD group buy so sadly it's really hard to sell that amount of kits sorry dude.

but something really cool in addition to the novelties getting reworked (some added) will be announced soon ! stay tune :D

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 13:10:44 »

Once again the thing is that it's all about MOQ and the majority of people who want that or that kit... in that case 90% of the people pref the icon mods so if i end up make a kit on that custom color set it will never reach MOQ, and same for all the 40%/Ergo... it's not a MD group buy so sadly it's really hard to sell that amount of kits sorry dude.

but something really cool in addition to the novelties getting reworked (some added) will be announced soon ! stay tune :D
FWIW, I think Originative had the right idea with GMK Necro. 1 kit, all inclusive, no worrying about child kits making MOQ.
I think they could have pared it down even more but that depends on the price point you're trying to hit. I don't remember what the cost was but I think it was $180. It would be nice if it could get down to $150 but I think $150-170 is a doable price point for full GMK set.

edit: fixed GMK Necro price
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 September 2018, 13:16:04 by elfick »

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 13:17:00 »

FWIW, I think Originative had the right idea with GMK Necro. 1 kit, all inclusive, no worrying about child kits making MOQ.
I think they could have pared it down even more but that depends on the price point you're trying to hit. I don't remember what the cost was but I think it was around $170. It would be nice if it could get down to $150 but I think $150-170 is a doable price point for full GMK set.

Second this. Making a big kit (like GMK Camping did) would be a lot more economical in my opinion since most people would end up getting the novelties kit anyways. I really dig the accent icon mod escape after seeing it offered in Modern Dolch. Any chance we could include a similar one but with matching color to Wavez here?

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 13:18:44 »
Will you consider making an international kit? Alt Gr?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 13:38:50 »

I think they could have pared it down even more but that depends on the price point you're trying to hit. I don't remember what the cost was but I think it was around $170. It would be nice if it could get down to $150 but I think $150-170 is a doable price point for full GMK set.

Second this. Making a big kit (like GMK Camping did) would be a lot more economical in my opinion since most people would end up getting the novelties kit anyways. I really dig the accent icon mod escape after seeing it offered in Modern Dolch. Any chance we could include a similar one but with matching color to Wavez here?

I totallly get your point, but i also take in consideration my own experience, being a student don't always let you a lot of money to purchase the "whole kit" with the novelties and stuff, that way people who don't care of the novelties don't pick them, and those who are low on the budget can still pick the set and purchase the novelties after market and something.
For an icon kit i'll take that in consideration.

Well i would love too, especially since i'm European (French), but less than 10 people requested it so that's definetly a no.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 14:48:54 »
Loving the look of this set and it just moved to one of my most anticipated group buys, can't wait to see this one happen!

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 16:31:31 »

I totallly get your point, but i also take in consideration my own experience, being a student don't always let you a lot of money to purchase the "whole kit" with the novelties and stuff, that way people who don't care of the novelties don't pick them, and those who are low on the budget can still pick the set and purchase the novelties after market and something.
For an icon kit i'll take that in consideration.

Well i would love too, especially since i'm European (French), but less than 10 people requested it so that's definetly a no.

Yea just some suggestions. Glad to hear icon mods were taken into consideration. Whatever you end up with I'm sure it will be for the best benefits of the community. Good luck and honestly I cannot wait for this, especially with the custom colors and all. Any expected timeline yet? I feel like this set is one of those sets that can just move to GB phase fairly quickly after getting so much hype lol. Gotta take advantage while the hype train is still boarding for passengers lol.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 17:33:31 »
Thanks a lot i really apprecieate tbh it should happen really soon, we're working on details atm especially on the novelties :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 September 2018, 18:04:33 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline bminhz

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 18:25:55 »

+1 to this

Offline rorix

• The sweven of thee ne'er will I cede...
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 20:21:55 »
+1 for text only mods, not a fan of icon only, I'd love it if you made them have both at least.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 21:06:24 »

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 21:14:32 »

Oblivion was text only, outside of MD, and it did justfine. And OP has mentioned his personal preference to text only. Also it matches .flac and .wav novelties better.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 06:17:10 »
I don’t have a preference either way. Was only quoting because OP had commented on the topic already.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
Re: [IC] GMK Wavez (Novelties kit UPDATED 09/17/2018)
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 07:17:26 »
Alright i made some updates guys, tell me what you think about those : :D

Offline rundeploy

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 07:44:42 »
This looks amazing !

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 08:17:18 »

Oblivion was text only, outside of MD, and it did justfine. And OP has mentioned his personal preference to text only. Also it matches .flac and .wav novelties better.

Text only mods are awful and are the only reason I skipped oblivion and violet tendencies.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 08:44:45 »
The theme is looking great! Please include R4 1u Hack key in the base kit.

The novelty arrows key is nice IMO, though I have no problems with it whether it is removed or not. It should be included with the other novelties, splitting it up adds another MOQ to the list and jacks up the price in another form.

I would really love to see an extra .flac and .wav in 1.25u aswell in the novelties kit. Also, any thoughts on a 1u novelty key with the word 'Sound'? That would be legit cool.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 08:49:16 »
The theme is looking great! Please include R4 1u Hack key in the base kit.

The novelty arrows key is nice IMO, though I have no problems with it whether it is removed or not. It should be included with the other novelties, splitting it up adds another MOQ to the list and jacks up the price in another form.

I would really love to see an extra .flac and .wav in 1.25u aswell in the novelties kit. Also, any thoughts on a 1u novelty key with the word 'Sound'? That would be legit cool.

Very interesting comment right there, i'll keep that in mind and yeah ik about the MOQ that's the problem but i don't want ending up with a novelty pack that will be over price :/
For the base kit my goal is to make it as cheaper as possible so i won't include any other keys in it. And for the novelties ik i could have add a lot more, i have a lot of ideas but it's all about the $$ you know  so i'll see what i can do thanks for your comment o/
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 September 2018, 08:50:50 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline Owl-

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 09:38:49 »
Very interesting comment right there, i'll keep that in mind and yeah ik about the MOQ that's the problem but i don't want ending up with a novelty pack that will be over price :/
For the base kit my goal is to make it as cheaper as possible so i won't include any other keys in it. And for the novelties ik i could have add a lot more, i have a lot of ideas but it's all about the $$ you know  so i'll see what i can do thanks for your comment o/

Where the novelty kit is at, even if the arrows are included, it is still very approachable if you add a few more in. The base kit right now is sensible if you're not adding any more keys so the price will be at a low even if you grab both kits together.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 12:14:48 »
The updated novelties are insane. I really dig the design. However the color seems to be out of line with the rest of the set? Are you going to introduce the neon purple color to this set as well? Personally I would like to see all the novelties offered in a single kit. So ideally I was hoping this would look somewhat like 1 base kit, 1 space kit and 1 novelties kit. Will probably pick all 3 up as well to be honest.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 September 2018, 12:16:29 by otanishock »

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 12:23:43 »
The updated novelties are insane. I really dig the design. However the color seems to be out of line with the rest of the set? Are you going to introduce the neon purple color to this set as well? Personally I would like to see all the novelties offered in a single kit. So ideally I was hoping this would look somewhat like 1 base kit, 1 space kit and 1 novelties kit. Will probably pick all 3 up as well to be honest.

The colors arent matching the rest off the set, it was just to show off the new kit ahah but yeah i think the less kit we have, the better it is so i'll see.
Thanks for your interest :D

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 12:53:42 »

The colors arent matching the rest off the set, it was just to show off the new kit ahah but yeah i think the less kit we have, the better it is so i'll see.
Thanks for your interest :D

Any chance you would match the color of the updated novelties kit to the rest of the set? I think the color of the set is already spot on and would love to keep it that way as well.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 13:01:42 »
I personally would recommend not having the novelties spread among several kits. For the actual number of keys in each of the current kits you're going to suffer more from GMK's flat kit cost and potential MOQ issues than I would say is worth it. I would say that the large majority of people willing to spend past the base kit to pick up a novelties kit would be more willing to pay a little bit more to get a more comprehensive single kit than they would be picking up two smaller kits at GMK's pricing. I also just don't think that you're going to see enough people picking up only one or the other to justify the split either. Ultimately the choice is up to you, but I'd recommend trying to get pricing for both configurations and polling for interest on them before making a decision on them that will affect their potential to make it to MOQ.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 14:17:20 »
I personally would recommend not having the novelties spread among several kits. For the actual number of keys in each of the current kits you're going to suffer more from GMK's flat kit cost and potential MOQ issues than I would say is worth it. I would say that the large majority of people willing to spend past the base kit to pick up a novelties kit would be more willing to pay a little bit more to get a more comprehensive single kit than they would be picking up two smaller kits at GMK's pricing. I also just don't think that you're going to see enough people picking up only one or the other to justify the split either. Ultimately the choice is up to you, but I'd recommend trying to get pricing for both configurations and polling for interest on them before making a decision on them that will affect their potential to make it to MOQ.

Yeah that was my plan but thanks for helping me confirm that thought, i apprecieate the support from all of you guys :3 !

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 15:53:18 »
Maybe tone down the saturation on the neon green just a bit? This set could look great (reminds me of green Solarized Dark), just needs the green to not be so off the chart. If this is 100%, bring it down to about 85%, yeah?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 16:27:01 »
Maybe tone down the saturation on the neon green just a bit? This set could look great (reminds me of green Solarized Dark), just needs the green to not be so off the chart. If this is 100%, bring it down to about 85%, yeah?

Well the renders are very bright as you can clearly see so IRL it will be less "flashy" if i can say, but still neon ;)

Offline Lormania

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 01:11:32 »
Is it possible to get two of the wavy or music notes novelties in the same size (1.5u or 1u) for symmetry purposes?
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 September 2018, 01:13:13 by Lormania »

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 05:10:29 »
Is it possible to get two of the wavy or music notes novelties in the same size (1.5u or 1u) for symmetry purposes?

Just check the update ;)

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 16:45:50 »
I really like the colors, but the novelties aren't really doing it for me. Mostly the Esc and Enter keys.

I like the idea of pause/back/next keys because they could actually be useful, but I think the flac/wav keys would be better as PLAY/STOP or something. But then the arrow keys would be icons, and the others would be text so, dunno. Just IMHO.  :thumb:

Offline Lormania

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 16:52:15 »

Just check the update ;)

I am not a smart man  :D

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 19:13:16 »
For novelties, instead of arrows I think i'd look cool if you integrate track commands with the letters. Something like below.
Also I'd personally get rid of the cable novelties, maybe just add an Esc with the notes icon.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 22:17:53 »
God damn, what a set  :eek:

My wallet tells me to stop. But my M60-A Sage says this is the one.

Do you have a rough estimate on GB date?
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 23:39:09 »
For novelties, instead of arrows I think i'd look cool if you integrate track commands with the letters. Something like below.
Also I'd personally get rid of the cable novelties, maybe just add an Esc with the notes icon.

Show Image

I have no problem with this, except this would require custom mold which will jack up the prices.

Offline Paopawdecarabao

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 23:39:29 »
Omg pretty dope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 07:10:12 »

Show Image

I have no problem with this, except this would require custom mold which will jack up the prices.
All novelties require custom molds. I'm saying this instead of the arrow novelties shown.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 08:02:59 »
I really like the colors, but the novelties aren't really doing it for me. Mostly the Esc and Enter keys.

I like the idea of pause/back/next keys because they could actually be useful, but I think the flac/wav keys would be better as PLAY/STOP or something. But then the arrow keys would be icons, and the others would be text so, dunno. Just IMHO.  :thumb:

play/stop
would create a duplicate (the pause keycap) and won't be that intuitive IMO.
Would be also nice if you could elaborate your opinion on the novelties, if it's only the esthetic you don't like or if those are incoherent for you… or whatever ;)

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 10:01:33 »

Show Image

I think this is probably the worst idea possible since most of the people don't use the same keys for media controls, especially me so no i won't consider that option.

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 10:59:57 »

Show Image

I think this is probably the worst idea possible since most of the people don't use the same keys for media controls, especially me so no i won't consider that option.
I agree. Not useful for most people. Also ruins the aesthetic for me.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 11:09:50 »

Show Image

The cable novelties is one of the highlights of the set in my opinion. I see no reason why we should even consider taking it out.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 18:48:03 »

Show Image

The cable novelties is one of the highlights of the set in my opinion. I see no reason why we should even consider taking it out.

Yeah I don't quite understand why it's necessary to remove it, it's an add-on.

I really like this set, hope it works out Enjoy!

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 02:28:03 »

Show Image

Yeah I don't quite understand why it's necessary to remove it, it's an add-on.

I really like this set, hope it works out Enjoy!

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it, thanks for your feedback guys :D

Offline yap68

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 05:09:59 »
Love the arrow novelties. Just need some adjustments on the esc and enter keys. Also will prefer graphics over .flac and .wav

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:02:25 »
Love the arrow novelties. Just need some adjustments on the esc and enter keys. Also will prefer graphics over .flac and .wav
What would you suggest for the Esc and enter ? did you see that they got reworked right ?

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:46:33 »
Regarding this I'd say just make a big novelties kit. People who are nitty about prices would probably not get a novelties pack, and those who decide to get one would probably end up getting both so a big kit would definitely offer some savings over two individual kits

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 17:43:32 »
Love this  :thumb:

Offline yap68

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 21:07:11 »
Maybe replace the esc with another graphic since you already have audio jack on the enter key. Just my view.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 04:05:44 »
Maybe replace the esc with another graphic since you already have audio jack on the enter key. Just my view.
I don't see the point of making an other key that don't fit the enter key, i don't see the logic behind it plus the esc is like a really cool logo imo, and a lot of people think the same i guess. I guesst i can't make everyone happy :D