Author Topic: Redragon: Aryaman or devarajas? (blue or brown switches)  (Read 1890 times)

Offline siilverp

Redragon: Aryaman or devarajas? (blue or brown switches)
« on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 10:39:15 »
Hello!

A few days ago I created a post asking for help, because I couldnīt decide between red and blue switches.
I decided thnaks to you all that I prefer tactile switches, so Iīll buy one of these 2 keyboards.

Both are pretty the same in terms of design, the only difference is that Aryaman has outemu blue switches and devarajas has outemu brown switches (I donīt buy a keyboard with cherry mx because I have a small budget. I also really like redragon).

I donīt mind the noise, I want it mainly for typing, although I play games from time to time.

I just want your views of the keyboards or/and the switches.

PS: forgive me for indecision, I want to make sure I get the right one as I don't have a chance to test them

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: Redragon: Aryaman or devarajas? (blue or brown switches)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 10:41:27 »
Both are going to be scratchy, and will break in over time. Outemu blue will be more tactile than Outemu brown, which is not saying much. What's your budget? We can try to find you some cheap mechs :)
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline siilverp

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 10:50:46 »
Both are going to be scratchy, and will break in over time. Outemu blue will be more tactile than Outemu brown, which is not saying much. What's your budget? We can try to find you some cheap mechs :)

What does scratchy means? (sorry, my native language is not english)

I have around $70. The problem is that I live in Argentina, and some technology here is... letīs say... unnecessarily expensive and hard to get.
Thatīs why I choose redragon.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 11:39:33 »

I have around $70. The problem is that I live in Argentina, and some technology here is... letīs say... unnecessarily expensive and hard to get.

The scratchy feeling is described as a feel similar to low grit sandpaper. The keyfeel has a lot of friction, and it feels like there are small particles stuck in the switch, when in fact it is the plastic/molding that causes the feel.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 12:25:38 »
Hello!

A few days ago I created a post asking for help, because I couldnīt decide between red and blue switches.
I decided thnaks to you all that I prefer tactile switches, so Iīll buy one of these 2 keyboards.

Both are pretty the same in terms of design, the only difference is that Aryaman has outemu blue switches and devarajas has outemu brown switches (I donīt buy a keyboard with cherry mx because I have a small budget. I also really like redragon).

I donīt mind the noise, I want it mainly for typing, although I play games from time to time.

PS: forgive me for indecision, I want to make sure I get the right one as I don't have a chance to test them
Hi siilverp

I have never used outemu browns before. That much I can say for certain, but Cherry MX Browns are basically only tactile in that they get gritty/scratchy at a defined point in their travel, so a lot of people refer to them as scratchy reds. There are those who say that wearing them in for a few months and/or lubing them greatly improves their feel, but at the end of the day, they're still only very minimally tactile. I imagine Outemu browns are very similar in all of these regards.

For me, for cheap OEM Cherry knockoff boards, all I get are blues. Your choice should all depend on how tactile you want the switches to be though, and clicky or not, and how clicky.

Is one of the few OEM boards with box jades that's available on Amazon at this point prohibitively expensive there? They're much better clicky switches than Cherry clones.

Offline siilverp

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 12:52:51 »

The scratchy feeling is described as a feel similar to low grit sandpaper. The keyfeel has a lot of friction, and it feels like there are small particles stuck in the switch, when in fact it is the plastic/molding that causes the feel.

So basically you donīt recommend blue or brown because of the scratchy feel? You recommend red? Sorry if I didnīt understand

Offline siilverp

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 12:59:31 »
Hello!

Hi siilverp

I have never used outemu browns before. That much I can say for certain, but Cherry MX Browns are basically only tactile in that they get gritty/scratchy at a defined point in their travel, so a lot of people refer to them as scratchy reds. There are those who say that wearing them in for a few months and/or lubing them greatly improves their feel, but at the end of the day, they're still only very minimally tactile. I imagine Outemu browns are very similar in all of these regards.

For me, for cheap OEM Cherry knockoff boards, all I get are blues. Your choice should all depend on how tactile you want the switches to be though, and clicky or not, and how clicky.

Is one of the few OEM boards with box jades that's available on Amazon at this point prohibitively expensive there? They're much better clicky switches than Cherry clones.

The problem with amazon is, assuming that they do shipments to my country (there are many times that they donīt) the shipping costs more than the keyboard itself, literally.
With that that you said, I think that I prefer blues over browns.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 13:06:47 »
The problem with amazon is, assuming that they do shipments to my country (there are many times that they donīt) the shipping costs more than the keyboard itself, literally.

That's a shame to hear about shipping.  If you must go with Cherry knockoffs, yeah, I would recommend blues. If you want something clicky with as satisfying tactility as you can get for the price, that's the switch to go with. If you want something more ... nuanced/quiet, then browns, if you don't mind them not feeling fantastic.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 February 2020, 13:45:01 by Maledicted »

Offline siilverp

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 13:21:29 »

That's a shame to hear about shipping.  If you must go with Cherry knockoffs, yeah, I would recommend blues. If you want something clicky with as satisfying tactility as you can get for the price, that's the switch to go with. If you want something more ... nuanced/quite, then browns, if you don't mind them not feeling fantastic.

Yes, I think that Iīll go for blues. I only tried red, and they are great, but I think that I like the blue ones more.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 16:18:41 »
Go ahead. Disclaimer: you may not be accustomed to the sound!  :D