Author Topic: What the heck is this switch?  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Maledicted

What the heck is this switch?
« on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 12:58:06 »
I wish I knew more about vintage switches than I already do. Does anybody have any idea what the heck this is?

Sorry, answered my own question. More efficient/relative search criteria were my problem. If anyone is curious it is either HTK, or an SMK clone made with the same tooling.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 February 2020, 13:02:07 by Maledicted »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: What the heck is this switch?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 05:18:02 »
I wish I knew more about vintage switches than I already do. Does anybody have any idea what the heck this is?

(Attachment Link)

Sorry, answered my own question. More efficient/relative search criteria were my problem. If anyone is curious it is either HTK, or an SMK clone made with the same tooling.

Idk but it looks like an smk switch with a cherry mount

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 08:23:16 »

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, I couldn't find any examples of genuine SMK switches of that style that have a black housing and white/translucent slider though. I do wonder if these are any good to type on, because they're in a pretty cool IBM Model F clone board.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 05:18:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, I couldn't find any examples of genuine SMK switches of that style that have a black housing and white/translucent slider though. I do wonder if these are any good to type on, because they're in a pretty cool IBM Model F clone board.

They look very similar to foam and foil switches so i think they should be alright