Author Topic: So about the classifieds...  (Read 32255 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: So about the classifieds...
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:48:49 »
And if they are "spin-offs" they are useless spam which doesn't belong in the classifieds forums.  So why aren't they being punished?

They have the utility of being humorous, for some people.  I don't think we need to lock down the classifieds and treat them as hallowed ground.  If something is a genuine problem, then yeah let's make a rule to cover it.  So, two questions:

1) How common are [TW] and "post items later" sales threads?
2) Why are they a problem?

The question is, at what point is that "some people" helping the community and at what point is it hurting the community.  I think the occasional humorous post like jcrouse's can be a good place to vent/mock some of your frustrations with the classifieds, but there's also a point in time when it starts to hurt the community and just annoy and piss off more people than it amuses.  I'm also not certain that those belong in the classifieds.  Perhaps jcrouse's post should have been in off topic.

To answer your question:

[TW] threads aren't very common, thankfully. 

Why are they a problem?  They're not usually helpful to the community and only cause issues.  To me, TW is something that could easily be done in the what's it worth thread.  Just ask, hey, I might be selling this soon, what's a fair price?  Instead, they generally become shady with people turning them into a secret auction with no transparency.  They're secretly looking to make more than the thing is worth and never list a fair market price because they know some newbie or someone ignorant will probably offer more than it's worth or be convinced to pay way more than it's worth and not have anyone able to call them out on it.  Boost's was a perfect example.  There were a ton of people interested, but he said no one was interested and hid behind all sorts of vague responses.  It was shady and came off as trying to rip people off.  That's the general direction I see most TW threads go. 

Not only that, but as fair as I'm concerned, a testing waters thread is no different than a for sale thread other than it being shady and giving the buyer the ability to not clearly answer any questions in public.  If you think you might want to sell something, there is no reason not to just straight up put it for sale with a set price and make it a transparent sale without any of the "testing waters" BS.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:58:05 by nubbinator »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:17:46 »
Really? Not in the cool "club" and gonna lose your **** over it...

Pick your battles?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:18:43 »
Really? Not in the cool "club" and gonna lose your **** over it...

Pick your battles?
Yeah that is what this is about

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:33:18 »
Mmmm, this was an enjoyable read. 7/10 would read again.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:38:46 »
moose makes dubs butthurt.... hmm....

As an elder member of the community I would really expect more from you.  Stop feeding the drama.  Grow up.

this community is there to have fun, enjoy cool and rare custom keyboards and keycaps together with others, making impossible projects come true and not about ****ting pants cause of some classifieds threads. I also dont like this tw stuff, cause it costs my time. Camping in classifieds for nothing is no fun... Especially when I expect that something really rare comes up that I wanted for long time. But thats ok, I can live with that and I'm not whiny.

AND I dont feed the drama... my last comment was kind of funny, and I think most people got that. The only person feeding the drama is you. you and this ****ty thread about a ****ty topic...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:43:45 »

As an elder member of the community I would really expect more from you.  Stop feeding the drama.  Grow up.

this community is there to have fun, enjoy cool and rare custom keyboards and keycaps together with others, making impossible projects come true and not about ****ting pants cause of some classifieds threads. I also dont like this tw stuff, cause it costs my time. Camping in classifieds for nothing is no fun... Especially when I expect that something really rare comes up that I wanted for long time. But thats ok, I can live with that and I'm not whiny.

AND I dont feed the drama... my last comment was kind of funny, and I think most people got that. The only person feeding the drama is you. you and this ****ty thread about a ****ty topic...

snoopy, I like you. Would you like to join the "cool club"? Please keep this invitation a secret. Your eyes only.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:49:47 »

snoopy, I like you. Would you like to join the "cool club"? Please keep this invitation a secret. Your eyes only.
Damn I am jealous now!

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:43:02 »
Just want to point out... threads where people post useless **** like this one are why Deskthority is laughing at Geekhack. That's aimed at the few of you trying your damnedest to derail this thread.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:45:22 »
Just want to point out... threads where people post useless **** like this one are why Deskthority is laughing at Geekhack. That's aimed at the few of you trying your damnedest to derail this thread.

Oh no, not deskthority laughing. However will we live our lives without their sincere approval?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:50:14 »
who the **** cares what deskthority thinks?

GH could the squeaky clean and they'd still be on their high horse.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:51:14 »
who the **** cares what deskthority thinks?

GH could the squeaky clean and they'd still be on their high horse.

Thats the forum about desk enthusiasts right?

rite?....
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:51:51 »
rite right write

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:52:45 »
I'd like to see an end to them. What bothers me even more though is the trollish or "herp derp" attitude that some of them take. This isn't only in TW threads but just in replies in general in other threads where people are posting "herp derp awwwwwwwwww yeaaaaa so cool" type replies.

We didn't used to have too much of this before but it's becoming fairly prevalent, particularly among some of the more famous regulars when replying to each other. I'm sure it's all in good fun for them, but it's almost painful for me to read, like someone typing in 1337 sp34k. It makes me want to leave these forums because the level of discussion degenerates so much. The group buys and ergonomics subforums are some that are still mostly free of this type of chat and are wonderful and useful, but the "keyboards" and classifieds sometimes have some pretty horrible threads.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:01:06 by oneproduct »
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:22:04 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42980.msg1017681#msg1017681

We have another person trying to build hype for their sale here... I thought we were all in agreement that this needs to end.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:28:06 »

We have another person trying to build hype for their sale here... I thought we were all in agreement that this needs to end.
That's not an entirely new thread.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:29:40 »

so brave of you
you can relax with your classifieds white knighting
there is no clack for sale either, but good guess  ;)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:31:26 »
Note to self: if it's not clacks, doesn't count and reopen old threads to bypass crinkles.

Offline Mike48

• PATENT THIS CUSTOM TITLE
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 16:25:39 »
I think it is kind of annoying when people post a thread about their upcoming sale to build suspense or whatever.  Can't we just post the thread whenever we have the sale ready?

I recently made the mistake of what some might interpret as a TW post. I'm relatively new here, but the purpose of my post was to illustrate the position one finds oneself in when, after investing a considerable amount of money acquiring the best Model M's I can find, and spending a good deal of effort and time cleaning up the used ones, bolt-modding some of them, verifying the NIB's and NOB's, testing each one, replacing the occasional missing key caps, etc., I now have the monumental task of getting a fair and moderately profitable price for them. I wanted to know if selling them via GH would be any better than selling them on eBay. I guess that constitutes a TW, so to anyone who was offended I apologize profusely.

After posting I became aware of potential "threadcrapping" issues, but still thought I had done interested GH'ers a favor by giving a modest heads-up and possible first chance at some of my boards. If I have to wait until well into next year before posting a sales thread on GH (because of GH restrictions) I may as well start listing them on eBay and give Model M enthusiasts everywhere a chance at them.

Since committing this grievous sin, I have received several PM's and am beginning to see a pattern emerging. Apparently, some GH'ers are living in the past when it comes to pricing expectations. Sure, years ago excellent Model M's (new or used) could be had dirt-cheap every day of the week on eBay and other venues. Those days are over, as the going prices have steadily climbed. I don't mean to be nasty here, but dude if you can't afford more than $30-40 for a used Model M and won't pay more than $100 for a NIB, then I wish you the best of luck. There are a few exceptionally good deals here and there but for the most part, the el cheapos are just that -- picked out dumpsters, filthy dirty, years of accumulated crud under the keys, a bunch of broken or soon-to-fail rivets, and in need of at least several hours of intense cleaning.

So now I'm beginning to think GH may not be the best place after all to sell these boards after all. Oh well...

If a reseller wishes to work for minimum wage restoring old Model M's, then they can sell the cleaned-up M's for little more than they paid for them. I can't do that since like everyone else, I have bills to pay too.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 18:31:02 »
GH is primarily a keyboard-oriented community.

The Classifieds (and GB) forums are here as a courtesy and convenience for the members.

Sometimes people offer, or expect to be offered, lower prices here in a community spirit.  Sometimes prices tend to move upwards, especially for auctions.

If you want the highest price, go eBay.  If you would like to do a favour for a GH community member, by all means try Classifieds first (once you have 60 posts).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Mike48

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 20:11:57 »
So, if I keep this up, soon I will have accumulated the requisite 60 posts. Then I will have the privilege of offering Model M's that are a cut above the typical eBay listings, for prices (as a favour of course) to GH'ers that are a cut (or two) below what I paid for them in the first place (judging from the PM's I received shortly after my admittedly errant post). Don't mean to sound negative, but that's the impression I'm getting so far...

Like one member who just today PM'ed me stating that one can readily obtain NIB Model M's on eBay for less than $100 -- yeah, a year or more ago. But that was then and this is now. I replied that he should show me some examples and I'll buy every one of them. One eBay seller has been selling NIB Lexmark M's successfully for about 5 months at $175 each. I think he's sold about 10-12 of them at that price. I bought 4 from him and wouldn't resell them for the same or less just to do "favours". Last year his price was about half that and a few years before that, his price was around $60. Eight years ago, his price was around $30. Time marches on and so does inflation along with the effects of supply and demand.

I'm also dismayed that this forum seems to have an inordinate number of members who are so easily annoyed. FGS, people, lighten up! Kinda reminds me of someone who *****es endlessly about the lousy programming of a particular television station but is unwilling to change the damned channel and watch something else. Righteous indignation is indeed intoxicating -- especially when combined with hypocrisy.

Still, I'm not ready to change the channel just yet. But FGS, can't some of you quit obsessing over something as trivial as a bleepin' custom keycap. Reminds me of some watch forums I used to hang out at, where so many members did little but wax poetic about their latest watch strap instead of marveling at the wondrous intricacy and beauty to be found in the exquisite mechanical watch movements coming out of Switzerland these days. But that's just me, I guess.

To those who may be offended by what I just said, throw as many darts as you please; I can always change the channel if this one becomes tedious...

Offline Mike48

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 20:16:43 »
So I see that the word for a female dog is banned. It was replaced by **** in my post. Is this word really so offensive when simply used as a substitute for the word "complains" (as is extremely common even in polite circles). If so I must be in the company of children under the age of 10. That's it -- I'm done. Goodbye, all!

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 20:35:10 »
 :))
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 20:51:16 »
So I see that the word for a female dog is banned. It was replaced by **** in my post. Is this word really so offensive when simply used as a substitute for the word "complains" (as is extremely common even in polite circles). If so I must be in the company of children under the age of 10. That's it -- I'm done. Goodbye, all!

lol.  Buh bye.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 20:52:35 »

You can uncensor words in the settings you cry baby
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 20:55:42 »

Yeah, 11 posts and he's already complaining about getting low-balled on his refurbished Model M's, and not being able to swear.  Maybe this isn't the right forum for him.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 23:08:09 »
yeah stop *****ing
I love Elzy

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 23:17:10 »

no ****. i didn't know you could ****in' do that. tits!
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 23:28:50 »
When he learns he is censoring himself... he's going to realize that he needs to make up a new thing to be upset with, and then the story of GH will get even more interesting.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 20:17:24 »
Wtf is he crying about?  And why is this discussion still going on I'm way over this...

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 18:11:29 »
He wanted "the best offer I can over $350. Shipping is extra but will be charged without mark-up." for a new 1390120... He apparently paid $220 for it, even though it's the model without lock LEDs... I was the one who pointed out that there are still plenty of NIB/NOB Model M's on ebay that can be had for $100 or less, seeing as I got 2 of them in March and have seen others since (but not in time to get them myself). It seems that he himself may be the reason for NIB/NOB "inflation" on ebay as he has been paying those highly inflated prices for them, only to try and resell them here or on ebay for even more... Plus this isn't really the appropriate thread for this rant of his. He was pissed when I told him I probably wouldn't pay more than $200 for a NIB/NOB Model M, even though that's a decent number and it's more than what I paid for my 2 NOB combined. It's funny that he says that we're so easily annoyed, and yet I had to tell him to chill out and was perfectly calm in all my PMs.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Mike48

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 19:46:38 »
The_Ed's post is full of lies. I was not pissed about anything relating to the attempted transaction involving the 1390120. I told him that I paid $220, and that is correct. But I was not upset at all when he rejected my initial offer to sell it to him for best price I could get over $350. That was my opening offer. In most negotiations a seller offers a price that's a bit high and the buyer offers a price that's a bit low and then the two meet somewhere in the middle. His assertions about current prices for NIB/NOB Model M's are both unrealistic and untrue. He said NIB/NOB's can be had regularly for less than $100. Not in my experience over the past 5 months on eBay. I said if he could find any at that price I would gladly buy them all. No anger here, just a simple statement of fact.

It is most disappointing that there are people here who cannot tell the truth. I was never "crying" about anything. Read my goddam posts! I was annoyed about the censoring of a word that not only is not a swear word, but is also in common use as a slang synonym for "complain" , i.e., "to *****" about something. Specifically to ***** about TW posts -- which while annoying to some may be very useful to others. The point of my own complaint about these whiners was to move on ("change the channel") if you don't like what you're reading rather than "*****" about it. If GH is going to be barraged constantly by whiners who also lie about things, then I have no interest in participating. If you have a problem with this, then it's your problem!

Getting back to the 1390120, if The_Ed wishes to buy one of these or as he said he really wanted, a 1390131 as NIB or even NOB, he's certainly welcome to look elsewhere and I wish him luck. He told me to "chill out" because I informed him that he was dreaming if he expected prices to remain static at levels he found some time ago. Try searching eBay every day, all day and all evening long for the 5 or 6 months that I've been doing so, and then you'll see how wrong The_Ed is in this matter.

I was not actually planning to sell anything yet anyway. I mentioned my collection and plans to sell in the future and my dismay over the fact that even bolt-modded M's from experts like Harry don't seem to fetch more than $70. If you've ever done a full bolt mod (not a partial) you'll know how much painstaking work is involved. Not everyone can afford to work for nearly nothing, so $70 is way cheap for a bolt-modded M in excellent condition, clean, and fully-functional.

I'm annoyed by the rotten attitude so many have displayed recently on GH in reference to my complaint about censorship and the fact that some will continue trying to discredit me for being simply annoyed to the point of leaving the forum. Whether I leave or not is none of your frickin' business and doesn't warrant so much vitriol and downright bull**** from what I assumed were grownups. Go back to your silly worship of trivial objects and leave me in peace.

And BTW, what I'm willing to pay for an item is also none of your frickin' business. Do you really expect me to pass on an item just to drive the price down so you can buy it for less? Are you really that presumptuous? I can easily afford to pay the prices that I do pay, and if my reselling price offer is too high, make a decent counteroffer or get lost! I spent several hours rummaging through my collection to find a Model M for The_Ed, with a "gold-colored" backplate, because The_Ed said it was pretty and that's what he wanted. He said he was after a 1390131 preferably, but I missed that upon first reading of his PM, and set about looking for pre-1391401's with the magic gold backplate just to please him. He insisted that these could easily be had on eBay NIB for less than $100. So why on earth doesn't he just shut the hell up and go look for one. No skin off my nose, I simply tried to honor his request and wasn't "crying" or even upset that he wasn't interested in going any further with the negotiation.

I mentioned this in passing in a previous post, only because I find it disappointing that so many Model M enthusiasts on GH expect extremely low prices on very rare items. Just how many NIB 1390131's or 1390120's can The_Ed find for less than $100? I dare him to find any. If he does, I'll offer to buy them from him at $200 each. Any bets on who wins this one?

I said I was leaving GH, but find that some flamers out there have way too much time on their hands and use it to spew their nasty bile all over well-meaning individuals. And for the last time, I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE CENSOR SETTING -- just as many GH'ers didn't either until now. I thought a forum comprised of mature and intelligent folks wouldn't need to be censored. When I was censored, I thought a moderator did it and I was shocked that there would be such a pansy-ass response to the innocent usage of the word "*****". I didn't use it to insult any women, did I? I didn't use it in the lyrics of a gangsta/hip-hop poor excuse for music, did I?

It was suggested that I am stupid and an idiot. Let me tell the little jerks who made these remarks something: it is you who are stupid idiots. It is you who can't afford more than $100 for a vintage NIB Model M -- not me. And that's because I'm smart enough to earn a very solid and honest living by bringing real value into this world. Go get yourself a pair of Maui Jim PolarizedPlus2 sunglasses with MJ's GLASS lenses not the plastic ones. Go out on a nice clear day in colorful surroundings and see what they do for you, then tell me just how stupid and idiotic I must be for inventing and patenting them! I dare you to do this, that is if you poor little whiners can afford a pair...I earn royalties on that patent and enjoy every penny knowing that it was EARNED.

If anyone doubts anything I've said, PM me and I'll be happy to copy you on PM's I've sent to The_Ed or anyone else for that matter. I have nothing to hide and am proud of my attempts to communicate with those who can't seem to remain civil and reasonably polite. One last thought: I'm always amazed at how vehemently intolerant some atheists are with regard to those who have faith in God. You know who you are, and you behave like Dracula facing the sun at high noon.

Pardon any typos, as I am trying in a limited amount of time (as I am very busy today) to express a multitude of thoughts and disappointments with GH'ers who apparently can't handle the naked truth of their own mean spirit and lack of understanding. Grow up, get a brain, learn how to use it, then get a life!
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:01:08 by Mike48 »

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 19:57:39 »
Again, chill out... With each post/PM you get worse and worse...
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Mike48

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 19:59:32 »
Again, chill out... With each post/PM you get worse and worse...

And with each of your posts you dig yourself further and further into total dumbness and lack of understanding of even the simplest of concepts!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:08:21 »
holy crumpled

Offline Mike48

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:12:29 »
You see, The_Ed bought a badly-damaged M for less than $100 -- it had a barrel frame that was cracked into 2 pieces. Yet he feels that a NIB can easily have such severe damage and still be considered "NIB" -- kinda like a brand-new car with a cracked engine block, huh? Rill smort, huh? Would you unwittingly buy a new car, only to find out later that it has a cracked engine block, and yet still consider it "new" after you crudely weld it back together (assuming you don't have professional welding skills)? Would you then try to resell it as a "New" car? And just what kind of price do you think it would fetch? QED, again...
#LOGIC -- the real kind, that is.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:25:16 »
I bought 2 NOB Model M's from a seller on ebay in March. An '86 1390120 (with the dust cover!) for $58.40 shipped/paypaled (it was relisted a few times, and getting cheaper), and an '87 1390131 for $100 shipped/paypaled after that (I offered him more than I could have gotten it for just in case somebody would find it). I have no idea why nobody else bought that 120 other than it is a model without lock LEDs. The 131 was flawless, the 120 came with it's barrel frame cracked in half and 2/3 its rivets gone. But I consider NOB to be something that has never been used, but the box has been opened. These were never used, thus NOB in my book.

Maybe you should go make yourself a rum and coke and chill (I am, though instead of coke I used barq's root beer today).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Mike48

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:32:02 »
By eBay standards, I think "New" whether sealed-box or opened-box means, at the very least, undamaged and fully functional without needing repairs. Mr. Ed disagrees and thinks a broken item qualifies. Who would you trust if you were buying?

And I don't drink alcoholic beverages to "chill out" -- don't need it. I think you must be drinking KoolAid laced with acid or something worse. You need to chill out and stop trying to cut me down. I'll make mincemeat of you in any debate about anything, so just keep swingin' at the breeze! Sooner or later, you just might hit it.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:34:45 »
This thread just keeps on giving. :thumb:

Offline Mike48

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:36:13 »
This thread just keeps on giving. :thumb:

Glad you're enjoying it -- so am I. Amazing how little effort it takes...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:40:18 »
Mike48, you a stupie. y u so dubm?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:41:58 »
what a dumb

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:42:32 »
Regardless of your opinion on my NOB 120 (shipping can be rough on a Model M), my flawless NOB 131 was $100 shipped/paypaled as per my offer to the seller. And because the 120 arrived in less than expected condition I was given a $30 refund (thus bringing the price down to $58.40). All per ebay regulations and standards.

I like koolaid, but I don't do drugs. I don't drink alcohol to chill out, and I've never once gotten drunk. As my Dad would say "It's not smart to pray to the porcelain god". (the toilet)
R.I.P.ster

Offline Mike48

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:44:16 »
Regardless of your opinion on my NOB 120 (shipping can be rough on a Model M), my flawless NOB 131 was $100 shipped/paypaled as per my offer to the seller. And because the 120 arrived in less than expected condition I was given a $30 refund (thus bringing the price down to $58.40). All per ebay regulations and standards.

I like koolaid, but I don't do drugs. I don't drink alcohol to chill out, and I've never once gotten drunk. As my Dad would say "It's not smart to pray to the porcelain god". (the toilet)

and it's also not smart to argue with someone smarter than you...he did teach you that too, right?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:45:23 »

and it's also not smart to argue with someone smarter than you...he did teach you that too, right?

What qualifies you as smarter than The_Ed?

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:45:32 »
2muchsmart4me

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:45:57 »
I'd like to invite everyone here to breathe deeply and reflect on the calming symmetry of my avatar

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:46:34 »

does the ed own 3 patents?

check mate, mike48.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:46:58 »

does the ed own 3 patents?

check mate, mike48.

**** me!

It's not like ANYONE can get a patent! You must have to have an IQ of 12,000 to get one of those!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:47:28 »
If you don't like it here, and all us whiners and telling us how stupid we are, feel free to see yourself out. This community was here for a long time before you and will continue without you. If you don't like that, we're sorry we're not sorry. Bye now. Don't let the door hit your ego on the way out.

Your first handful of posts were about:
a) Making a profit off us
b) Complaining about us

If you want to sell us things, don't belittle us. People won't buy from you if you make them feel stupid. Business 101.

You win arguments by bludgeoning people with the fact that you have a patent? You're not the only one that has one. I'm applying for one too.

Come at me bro. You're not the only "smart" guy on GH. I'm going to go enhance my calm now. Talk to you never again.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 September 2013, 21:54:27 by CPTBadAss »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 20:48:37 »
I'd like to invite everyone here to breathe deeply and reflect on the calming symmetry of my avatar

Show Image

She got that fishy fishy