Author Topic: IC Dvorak kit for Toxic GB  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
IC Dvorak kit for Toxic GB
« on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 08:59:59 »
Alright guys with the Cherry legends finished and the first GB moving forward nicely, we are nearing re-invoicing for the Toxic set.  There have been some requests for other kits that Danielucf has honored.  There is one though that I would like to see if we could do but wanted to ask here to see how many other people would like one.

Wondering how many people would be willing to pay for a Dvorak layout kit for this GB.  According to a couple people it would have to consist of 21 1u keys.  For those of you that don't know this GB is currently planned on using the DCS profile from SP.  While you can take the keys off and re arrange them to Dvorak layout you end up with some lumps in the caps.

Here are a couple pics.  Not totally sure if they are SP's DCS or cherry profile but either way it is the same effect.  Also for those of you that are into alternate layouts I am refering to the standard Dvorak Simplified Keyboard layout.

Not sure if I did this right but here is a google form for this question.  If you want to submit an answer please do so here and on the possible form.

Edit:  Taking this down so I can build a form to input user name to prevent repeat posters
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2013, 09:20:30 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
Re: IC Dvorak kit for Toxic GB
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 09:48:33 »
I made a mistake in my count. It looks like it may actually be 23 keys not 21. in case it matters, I will be doing a recount here in a few minutes. This time I wont look at my keyboards.
ETA yeah its 23.
Code: [Select]
K D Q
A 2 2
B 1 1
C 3 1 0 23
D 2 2
E 2 3 0 22
F 3 2 0
G 3 2 0 20
H 2 2
I 2 3 0 19
J 1 2 0
K 1 2 0
L 3 2 0 16
M 1 1
N 2 1 0 15
O 2 3 0 14
P 3 3
Q 1 3 0 13
R 3 3
S 2 2
T 2 3 0 12
U 2 3 0 11
V 1 1
W 1 3 0 10
X 1 1
Y 3 3
Z 1 1
? 3 1 0 9
- 2 4 0
+ 3 4 0
" 3 2 0
< 3 1 0
> 3 1 0
{ 4 3 0
} 4 3 0
; 1 2 0 1

For me, It would really depend on the price. Probably the biggest issue is that I use a modified dvorak thats a bit more tailored to my programming style. I expect that most people that take the step to use a proper layout instead of qwerty probably do the same. To that end Id really prefer a blank set to dvorak, but Id definitely prefer a standard dvorak over qwerty.

Since this set will be for my work computer, and there is always the chance that my next employer wont allow me to remap the keys anyways, if I can even use a personal board, I have to figure that there is only so much I can reasonably spend. I _am_ new to the whole keyboard scene, so I dont know what kind of prices are considered reasonable, but it seems like ~$100US for full sets, ~$30US for modifier sets, and ~$3 for single novelty keys. SO I am reasoning (in my idiot noob mind) that the ~25 keys would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $50US which is far more than Im willing to spend. I think my absolute limit would be $25US which im sure is absolutely out of the question unless these keys are dyesubs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2013, 10:01:09 by kolonelkadat »
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 11:49:11 »
for comparison if you're still counting keys, you might look at Round 5 at DT as there's a lang-dvorak kit there.

I'd be interested depending on timing. Namely it has to fit into a paycheck flow and avoid the ebb. So definitely a maybe.

Would be a nice addition to honeywell spherecal actually because this is DCS ... then I could have all my keyboards show what the letters look like ;)

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 11:51:36 »
For those of you that filled out the first form there is a new one.  Sorry about the update.  Just didn't want people voting multiple times.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich