« on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 10:33:38 »
-
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2020, 10:56:02 by Noveltty »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Retooled Gateron Issue
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 15:06:54 »
I know the old milky yellow had these problems could be that you got a old batch of milky yellows.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 15:43:15 »
It's the stem of the keycap catching it's edge on the northside of the housing. Not sure what could be done to fix it either than using caps that have a thinner stem?

Offline Cara1way

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 06:10:26 »
Gateron will be retooling the ink switches to help out with the loose leaves. This is not a recall, and they are not replacing switches LiteBlue Login.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 07:43:19 »
Gateron will be retooling the ink switches to help out with the loose leaves. This is not a recall, and they are not replacing switches

They have already retooled the inks and supposedly fixed the loose leaf issue. That is not the same issue as what Noveltty is experiencing.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 07:44:06 »
Gateron will be retooling the ink switches to help out with the loose leaves. This is not a recall, and they are not replacing switches LiteBlue Login.

Are you sure they have really decided to retool to fix the loose leaf issues? I have heard a ton of conflicting info on that & was under the impression that they were not gonna do anything about it. Hopefully they do fix it cause it really is a problem, even for those who do not mod their switches.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 07:45:19 »
Gateron will be retooling the ink switches to help out with the loose leaves. This is not a recall, and they are not replacing switches

They have already retooled the inks and supposedly fixed the loose leaf issue. That is not the same issue as what Noveltty is experiencing.

Good news here, I guess disregard my previous post!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 08:13:16 »

1upkeyboards made a post on r/mm saying they have the retooled inks where the issue was resolved and confirmed by Gateron:

https://www.1upkeyboards.com/shop/switches/set-packs/gateron-ink-switches/

However, on that reddit post, a moderator just recently posted saying that he confirmed that the issue was not fixed. So now I honestly don't really know.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 08:35:04 »

1upkeyboards made a post on r/mm saying they have the retooled inks where the issue was resolved and confirmed by Gateron:

https://www.1upkeyboards.com/shop/switches/set-packs/gateron-ink-switches/

However, on that reddit post, a moderator just recently posted saying that he confirmed that the issue was not fixed. So now I honestly don't really know.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Yeah it's kinda nebulous as to what Gateron is gonna do about it. First I heard they were gonna fix it, then I heard they were claiming that it was not an issue & they were not gonna retool, since then it's just been in the spin cycle of the rumor mill so I don't know what to think either. I did some searching, but couldn't find anything else that could confirm a fix or not beyond what you linked also. Personally gonna keep steering clear of Inks till we get some reviews of this new batch.