Author Topic: [GB] Weaven 60% Housing ROUND 2 [In Production]  (Read 253820 times)

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Hmm that shade of blue looks more like sky blue than deep blue to me.

Somewhere in between, sorry bro.
Guess we gonna have something even lighter for 'sky blue'...
KEYBOARD MACHINERY SERVICE SINCE 2015.
Instagram: instagram.com/triviumkeyboard
Facebook: facebook.com/triviumtek

[GB] Weaven Housing Kit      [GB] Lustro Housing Kit

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
pretty surprised to me too, as they tell to have another "sky-blue" so I guess it is even lighter :/
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
All those colors.  :-*  Can't wait for Round 2.  :D

Offline tuantruong

Hmm that shade of blue looks more like sky blue than deep blue to me.

Somewhere in between, sorry bro.
Guess we gonna have something even lighter for 'sky blue'...
No worries, not as what I expected, but that blue still goes well with the orange.  :thumb:

Offline garoti

I like deep blue than sky blue. Black and sky blue is unsuitable

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Really nice boards! Looking forward to see the end products.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
I like deep blue than sky blue. Black and sky blue is unsuitable

Will fix this for you of course. Agreed this blue is not very compliment with black (fair better with red orange and silver).
Anyone needed a fix pls PM Bazh.

Offline redskull

anything new coming with r2? such as HHKB layout, new colors, etc? please do something like a changelog so upcoming buyers can see what differences there will be.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
anything new coming with r2? such as HHKB layout, new colors, etc? please do something like a changelog so upcoming buyers can see what differences there will be.

Noted, I'll do update on #1 post :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
OP updated!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline KaminKevCrew

Hope the revised anodizing is going well! Can't wait to have this in my hands, so I can build the board!!!

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Hope the revised anodizing is going well! Can't wait to have this in my hands, so I can build the board!!!

It did go well. Shipping will happen this week. Still take more than 3 months when we aim for 2 month for first batch :(

Offline KaminKevCrew

It did go well. Shipping will happen this week. Still take more than 3 months when we aim for 2 month for first batch :(
Issues happen! This is still easily one of the fastest group buys that I've ever been a part of! (I have three other group buys that I joined before this one, and I wont have those boards until after I have this one!

Offline Geekmie

Next round please! 😆 I am thinking of changing the carbon back plate to acrylic diffuse plate  already even though I missed the first round. Will definitely be in for a couple of them in the next round.

Offline KaminKevCrew

Next round please! 😆 I am thinking of changing the carbon back plate to acrylic diffuse plate  already even though I missed the first round. Will definitely be in for a couple of them in the next round.
You might have to get that cut specifically for this case. The plates look like they mount into channels on the aluminum frame, so I doubt that normal plates would fit.

Offline Geekmie

You might have to get that cut specifically for this case. The plates look like they mount into channels on the aluminum frame, so I doubt that normal plates would fit.
You're right. But I assume it shouldn't be too hard to cut acrylic plate. I could be wrong... it would be nice if there is an option for acrylic diffuse plate instead of carbon. But I will buy it anyway, carbon is nice too.

Offline KaminKevCrew

You're right. But I assume it shouldn't be too hard to cut acrylic plate. I could be wrong... it would be nice if there is an option for acrylic diffuse plate instead of carbon. But I will buy it anyway, carbon is nice too.
Yeah. I assume that the slots are roughly 1.5mm (the recommended thickness for a metal/cf plate) so you'd have two options for acrylic. You could laser cut some 1.5mm acrylic, which would be far too soft and bendable, I think, or you could have some 5mm acrylic milled at the side down to 1.5mm acrylic. The only issue that I could see there (and this could be the same issue with the full thin plate) would be the possibility that the acrylic could break at the thin edges.

One other idea that I just came up with is that you could do a hybrid/half plate, where you use carbon on the edges, and acrylic in the middle. That way, the carbon could bear the brunt of the force that gets transmitted into the case, and the acrylic could be all along the middle for the looks!

Offline Geekmie

Yeah. I assume that the slots are roughly 1.5mm (the recommended thickness for a metal/cf plate) so you'd have two options for acrylic. You could laser cut some 1.5mm acrylic, which would be far too soft and bendable, I think, or you could have some 5mm acrylic milled at the side down to 1.5mm acrylic. The only issue that I could see there (and this could be the same issue with the full thin plate) would be the possibility that the acrylic could break at the thin edges.

One other idea that I just came up with is that you could do a hybrid/half plate, where you use carbon on the edges, and acrylic in the middle. That way, the carbon could bear the brunt of the force that gets transmitted into the case, and the acrylic could be all along the middle for the looks!

Good idea! Maybe the easiest way is to just cut the CF plate as a frame and attach the acrylic underneath but I don't know what would happen to those feet parts. Or I guess the best thing to do now is crying to bazh for an acrylic version, haha.

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Stack plate, acrylic plate with stainless steel frame around. I could do it, but what's your reason for not wanting to try out the cf plate? The springiness is awesome IMO.

Offline Geekmie

Stack plate, acrylic plate with stainless steel frame around. I could do it, but what's your reason for not wanting to try out the cf plate? The springiness is awesome IMO.
Acrylic plate is for board with underglow. CF is cool, I agree. I want CF too for my non-underglow keyboard. Having choice of acrylic plate is a nice add-on I guess.

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Ah sorry, I though we are talking about mount plate, I agree backplate material could be adapt for underglow. We can do custom design modification needed for it ;)

Offline Geekmie

Ah sorry, I though we are talking about mount plate, I agree backplate material could be adapt for underglow. We can do custom design modification needed for it ;)
Yup. Next round, please~

Offline KaminKevCrew

Has shipping commenced for these just yet?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Ready but no sign of mailman, they promise to come with hard packing boxes and stuffs at my home... last week.
I'm ready to do the packaging myself and make a trip to the post office if they not come today.

Reason is harder to blame them if anything happen once I do the packaging myself.

:mad:

Offline Geekmie

Ready but no sign of mailman, they promise to come with hard packing boxes and stuffs at my home... last week.
I'm ready to do the packaging myself and make a trip to the post office if they not come today.

Reason is harder to blame them if anything happen once I do the packaging myself.

Good luck~😎

Offline KaminKevCrew

Thanks for the update! :) too bad about the mailman...

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Packing, ready to go guys! :thumb:

*Not including orders need reanodizing
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Diokhan

any possibilities for a hhkb plate for this?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

Any layout, just need to PM bazh.

Offline Diokhan

no options on the plate colour right?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

no options on the plate colour right?

Nah, weren't offering aluminium plate at this moment.

Offline redskull

guys, any pictures/render of how would the weaven with hhkb plate will look like? my assumption is that there will be two 'holes' on each on of the bottom row, since the plate is lower than the sidewalls. don't think it will look proper.

Offline Xiro7

Any chance for another round of these? I think an Orange/Silver or Orange/Black one to go with LeandreN's group buy would be amazing.

Offline renne

Any pics about details would be great! :thumb:

Offline Geekmie

Packing, ready to go guys! :thumb:

Show Image

*Not including orders need reanodizing
Super~ any idea about next round?

Offline Geekmie

guys, any pictures/render of how would the weaven with hhkb plate will look like? my assumption is that there will be two 'holes' on each on of the bottom row, since the plate is lower than the sidewalls. don't think it will look proper.
I agree. I don't think this would go well with HHK layout even with proper plate. You have to change the frame design to cover the space nicely. But that kind of beats the purpose of using modular fame parts.

BTW, I really hope we can have green, purple and brown options for next round 😆

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
It should be possible to design some aluminum blockers for a HHKB layout. No need to adjust the frame. Just screw them through the plate and perhaps the PCB.
The only thing I would be concerned about is rattling in that case.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline redskull

good idea about the blockers. can you guys offer those in the upcoming rounds? i don't think it would cost much, it doesn't need to be screwed too. just something that can be slotted in the switch holes and stay there fairly firm.

and these blockers would be very well received by other 60% kbd owners who want to block their bottom row ends to have proper hhkb layout.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
It should be possible to design some aluminum blockers for a HHKB layout. No need to adjust the frame. Just screw them through the plate and perhaps the PCB.

Think little rubber washers would be sufficient for stopping that?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder

yeah it would look weird IMHO, even if I make the aluminum part to cover the missing place, it would still turn out to have weird shaped connected parts so I don't think HHKB is a good choice for this ;D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder

Think little rubber washers would be sufficient for stopping that?

I assume that you guys are talking about the fit of the 2 plates into the rail? well the case right now is snug fit, I even have to sand down the edge of the plate to fit it in the rail (carbon plate doesn't have uniform thickness even if they're sold as 1.5mm, so they turned out to be varies from 1.5-1.8mm), next round we'll fix that with wider rails but either way it should have little to no affects to the fit since we designed this to have room merely for only an anti-slip mat to go between the PCB and the bottom, so the scenario is you always get a tight fit solid unit after assembling :thumb: (Of course we include the mat in the kit if you haven't noticed yet)
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Of course we will not selling anything that rattle, have more faith pls.
About hhkb style and winkeyless style, I will have custom bottom bar for that :) will fit with original parts of course. Power of modular design  :cool:

Offline redskull

About hhkb style and winkeyless style, I will have custom bottom bar for that :) will fit with original parts of course. Power of modular design  :cool:

damn, this IS good news. can't wait! :D

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
I designed an MX 1.00 space blocker for PCB-mounting.  I had a couple of samples 3D-printed.  They came out fine.  They would cost about $4.50 each if I made them available on Shapeways.  (I also designed 1.25 and 2.00 MX and 1.0 B/S versions.)

- Ron | samwisekoi
Otherwise there is always this. :P
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Not accusing you of that. :P

What I meant is that if we keep the case like it is and design two blockers for the HHKB crowd (where you put another piece of aluminum on the plate that fits flush inside the empty space of the corner keys.
It's just susceptible to having a bit of play (and thus rattling) if it is not fixed to the case.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

What I meant is that if we keep the case like it is and design two blockers for the HHKB crowd (where you put another piece of aluminum on the plate that fits flush inside the empty space of the corner keys.
It's just susceptible to having a bit of play (and thus rattling) if it is not fixed to the case.

Nothing stop me from modify the plate so they locked in place :)
HHKB = custom side pair + hhkb plate
Winkeyless = custom bottom long bar + wkl plate

Offline tuantruong

They all look so badass, really like the modular design.
Any word on the reanidizing ones? Really cant wait to get mine.

Offline redskull

Nothing stop me from modify the plate so they locked in place :)
HHKB = custom side pair + hhkb plate
Winkeyless = custom bottom long bar + wkl plate

im officially sold. :D

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
St. Patrick's Day update:

- US, Canada and Malaysia orders shipped, UK order will be shipped tomorrow.
- US and Canada orders are being shipped to our proxy in US, and will be ship to you then :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Shipping cost was sooooo... high. Almost faint when realize it was higher than my (missed by miles) calculation.
Well, nothing I can do about it now  :'(