Author Topic: [GB] Weaven 60% Housing ROUND 2 [In Production]  (Read 254437 times)

Offline Geekmie

Once everyone reported back, we will immediately start replacement production.
Also worrking on more secure packaging materials.
does the replacement production affect the time of round 2?

Yes it does, it will delay the start of round 4 about 2weeks.
We still aim for April groupbuy second round, with faster turnaround too.
Will there be any design change for round 2?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

There will be some minor change in round 2:

-1.8mm track (currently 1.6mm) so no edge sanding on carbon plate (we currently do it on all plate because carbon thickness is not something very precise).
-Larger plate dimension - no wiggle before assembly (the current dimension is not really a problem, it's our design intention, but still lead to misleading about our accuracy)
-Stronger sandblast setting - the surface texture will stronger, no faint sign of toolpath like first batch.
-Colorchip for easy choosing anodize colors, new color also available with small extra cost.
-Improved packaging for parts safety.
-May have proxy of your choice and transparent shipping cost (not flat rate for everyone everywhere like right now, sorry).

Some feature we are working on to bring it up to be great modular system (may not available for round 2, not confirmed):
-Winkeyless bottom bar, and maybe HHKB side pair + plate set.
-Plexiglass window on bottom for ambient LED pcbs. 
-Other type of stands (more angles, horizontal bar addon for who like put it on lap, etc...

KEYBOARD MACHINERY SERVICE SINCE 2015.
Instagram: instagram.com/triviumkeyboard
Facebook: facebook.com/triviumtek

[GB] Weaven Housing Kit      [GB] Lustro Housing Kit

Offline redskull

-1.8mm track (currently 1.6mm) so no edge sanding on carbon plate (we currently do it on all plate because carbon thickness is not something very precise).
-Larger plate dimension - no wiggle before assembly (the current dimension is not really a problem, it's our design intention, but still lead to misleading about our accuracy)
-Stronger sandblast setting - the surface texture will stronger, no faint sign of toolpath like first batch.
-Colorchip for easy choosing anodize colors, new color also available with small extra cost.
-May have proxy of your choice and transparent shipping cost (not flat rate for everyone everywhere like right now, sorry).

Some feature we are working on to bring it up to be great modular system (may not available for round 2, not confirmed):
-Other type of stands (more angles, horizontal bar addon for who like put it on lap, etc...

good job sir. will still be rooting for hhkb and wkl later on. :D

Offline KaminKevCrew

Any chance those of us who already have one could get individual parts? (I would love a wkl/hhkb bottom bar) would also be down for a plexiglass bottom, since I do have a bunch of smd leds for the bottom of my pcb!

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

Any chance those of us who already have one could get individual parts? (I would love a wkl/hhkb bottom bar) would also be down for a plexiglass bottom, since I do have a bunch of smd leds for the bottom of my pcb!

Sure, that's the point. All will be backward compatible and modular mean you can mix n match available parts.

Offline Geekmie

Awesome! You guys are really trying to make this perfect! So excited to know that. Can't wait

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Got my Weaven today. :)

Just a little tip next time if you must ship UPS Ground...Don't ship UPS ground to Canada :P

$0.72 tax paid in customs charges to Canada, $31.71 paid to UPS for helping me pre-pay that $0.72 aka "brokerage fee". It's disproportional for such a small customs charge. Of course, this could've been avoided if the case was declared a few dollars lower. Anything under $60CAD as gift or under $20CAD as merchandise would've been fine. I'm not going to complain about the duties and taxes, but other unknowing Canadian recipients might. *Forgot to mention, this was a $50USD declaration.

Anyways, onto feedback on packaging.

The box is fairly thin for international shipment. One big issue I saw from previous purchasers were the scratches on the bars. You normally get dents from bumps and such, but these were scratches. I was really curious why the aluminum was getting scratched until I saw the box. Thick box staplers. That was the issue. During transport, the staples would nick and scratch the side bars. Bubble wrap felt like ~2 layers on each side, which wouldn't be enough for such a small box.

As for my particular case, I think it survived the journey without getting damaged. From the below pictures, I believe that these would be considered "machine marks". I don't think it would qualify as a severe shipping damage.

Anodizing on the top of the side bars both had a weird blemish under light.

A few minor imperfections in the epoxy for the base of the case. The one pictured stands out the most.

Not pictured, but the case feet have noticeable anodizing marks on the exterior back of the slant. Not sure if you could move the anodizing hooks to the internal part. The feet also seem a bit loose un-assembled, not sure if it'll become more rigid when built. Still waiting on my PCB to arrive.

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 14:39:33 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Yup, they did not able to find better placing for anodizing hook, the design of the stand was not leave any better position for clamping them. We would add holes or something next time.

The blemish on black side was slipped under my check, maybe lighting in the room, next time will check them under direct day light. This is bad enough for getting replacement part if you want to. Overall, we changing anodizing provider (better sandblast to hide machine marks, better color choices) so it will get better.

Sorry about the tax, did not know the 'brokage' was that bad, so usps should be the better choice?

This is the first production run from us so we will get better. We really appreciate you guys for being early-adopters for unknown vendor at remote place like this. Don't hesitate shoot a PM if any thing was not as good as expect, we will find a way to deal with all the problems.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Yup, they did not able to find better placing for anodizing hook, the design of the stand was not leave any better position for clamping them. We would add holes or something next time.

The blemish on black side was slipped under my check, maybe lighting in the room, next time will check them under direct day light. This is bad enough for getting replacement part if you want to. Overall, we changing anodizing provider (better sandblast to hide machine marks, better color choices) so it will get better.

Sorry about the tax, did not know the 'brokage' was that bad, so usps should be the better choice?

This is the first production run from us so we will get better. We really appreciate you guys for being early-adopters for unknown vendor at remote place like this. Don't hesitate shoot a PM if any thing was not as good as expect, we will find a way to deal with all the problems.

Thanks -- It's odd that the blemish shows on the same areas on both black side bars.

95% of the time, USPS would be a better option for shipping items to Canada from USA.

Just also wanted to point out one design issue for 6x spacebar. It doesn't affect me since I don't use 6x spacebar, but in case someone does, it would need to be fixed for R2. The cutout isn't wide enough for the PCB mount stabilizer to fit through.

The feet also have some give in the cutout. I haven't assembled the kit yet since I'm waiting on a PCB, but I'm not sure if having a PCB pushing against the shelf liner will make it not move back and forth. Any recommendations on filling the gap?

Despite these issues, I'm really liking the light weight case. Would definitely bring it around with me once I get it built.

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
It will, the anti slip mat is so strong that nothing can move it even with lot of force on XY plane.

In fact. We design with slide-in from the side in mind the first time, but then the mat prevent it so we did assembly it the way we show in pictorial.

I will have bazh answer for the cutout, maybe it got mistaken filleting in while doing some automation in CAD.

Now I see the blemish maybe due to sandblasting repelt at an specific angle. We are chaging both anodizing and sandblasting facilities next time so it will not really an issue for both replacements and round 2. New facility do both and did us a fantastic job on an unrelated projects, the spacegray was really great, I will show you guys pictures today.

Offline KaminKevCrew

I can definitely confirm the sliding thing. The board won't move at all unless you take the case apart...

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
How the hell did I miss that GB?  :mad:
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Noted the error of stabilizer cutout for 6x spacebar, my bad for not testing it since I was most worry about the length of the cutout instead of the width, I designed it according to the spec sheet so I was kind of confident, well, too confident. Maybe a little offset is needed. Will fix it next time. :(

How the hell did I miss that GB?  :mad:

you won't, I'll inform you when R2 is ready, prepare your wallet :P
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline muon

Great stuff, definitely in for the next round.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 20:22:54 by muon »

Offline Geekmie

Any update? When will be the next round?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Any update? When will be the next round?

We're still waiting for the feedback from those who has not received the case :D

Since it takes longer than expect, we might have to reschedule things, the aim is till R2 in April though. :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Damn this case is just too sexy! I love it, that's a pity all my money went into another project before this one went live. :'(

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Diokhan

any info on possibility of a metal plate? like in the pics of the main post?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder

well the whole point of the case is the CF plate which delivers the different feels to metal plate, why not try them :D

If you still want a metal plate sure no problem getting one :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline redskull

well the whole point of the case is the CF plate which delivers the different feels to metal plate, why not try them :D

If you still want a metal plate sure no problem getting one :D

when will the infos for R2 be up sir? still no wkl/hhkb layout huh?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

We're already have blueprint for wkl but not tested it for real typing yet, hhkb still in work, need solution so the number of difference parts are minimum, also aesthetic.

Initial plan is waiting for report of damaged parts of round 1, shipping replacements and running round 2. Still not having feedback of 2 out of 9, hindered our planning.
Even if we don't have the feedback, ten pair of sidebars for replacement are already in production, shock-absorb foam and box are in the work. We have one week delay of everything due to Hùng Kings' Festival.

Regardless other matter, round 2 will start around the end of April, maybe along with our second project Lustro (which is limited released local in the next few days).

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping

We're already have blueprint for wkl but not tested it for real typing yet, hhkb still in work, need solution so the number of difference parts are minimum, also aesthetic.

Initial plan is waiting for report of damaged parts of round 1, shipping replacements and running round 2. Still not having feedback of 2 out of 9, hindered our planning.
Even if we don't have the feedback, ten pair of sidebars for replacement are already in production, shock-absorb foam and box are in the work. We have one week delay of everything due to Hùng Kings' Festival.

Regardless other matter, round 2 will start around the end of April, maybe along with our second project Lustro (which is limited released local in the next few days).

Round 2 with 60% only as well? Sneak preview for Lustro as well as Weaven plz.  ;)
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline Geekmie

Weaven and Lustro altogether. How nice! I'll eat grass to get my wallet ready ;p

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

Working on foam packaging, take so much time :(

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Show Image

If you're looking for a foam liner to absorb bumps, I'd recommend Polyethylene Foam. Looks like this.

Offline KaminKevCrew

Show Image

If you're looking for a foam liner to absorb bumps, I'd recommend Polyethylene Foam. Looks like this.

Show Image

+1 for polyethylene foam. It's some of the best stuff around for shipping anything that you're worried about in shipping.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
That's as close as we can get, our plan is to go with a very similar packaging foam you see in a VGA box, that mean the whole box lined with foam and cut specifically for the parts to fit in :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Is it supposed to be the First Batch or the Fist Batch? Referring to the title.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Is it supposed to be the First Batch or the Fist Batch? Referring to the title.

woa how did I not realise that o.O

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Geekmie

Is the timeline for the 2nd round still the end of April?

Offline Xiro7

I am super pumped for the Lustro, but seriously tempted to get a 2nd Weaven kit. It is easily my favorite board to type on. The Cherry MX Browns + Carbon Fiber plate is just a dream combination. The audible "thock" noise and feel from every key press is so satisfying.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Is the timeline for the 2nd round still the end of April?

yeah we're still on track :P a little delay out of expectation but I assume we can still go as planed

Also

25 APR: Round 2 Prepair and Round 1 Replacing Parts Update

• We're working on solid foam package box for the next groupbuys.
  • Waiting sucks. Regardless of the condition of the other Weaven that have not been damage confirmed, we're done making the replacement side bars. A little wait before those can be anodized (facility is busying at the time on a very big order) so special offer for everyone: if you happen to change your mind about the sidebars' color, PM me, no additional charge. Also, better quality promised.
  • Zeal PC will be our proxy for NA orders on future buys including Lustro.
  • Round 2 start in short, maybe will go along side with Lustro.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline mesteris

Is an aluminum backplate a possibility for round 2?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Holy **** how did I miss this
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Khuya

It's already May, hurry up and take my money :)  Btw, do you have a shop in VN?
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:21:39 by Khuya »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Holy **** how did I miss this

Of course you did not, round 2 open today, I'm updating OP :*
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Elaeagnifolia

• Click Quack.

The order form link you posted is the link to edit the form (i.e. Change questions, close the form, etc.). It looks like the order form has been unintentionally edited because of that + anyone who clicks the link can see the information of people who have submitted responses.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [GB] Weaven 60% Housing ROUND 2 [Order Open]
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:24:16 »

The order form link you posted is the link to edit the form (i.e. Change questions, close the form, etc.). It looks like the order form has been unintentionally edited because of that + anyone who clicks the link can see the information of people who have submitted responses.
**** :(

working on that :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:29:03 »
The order form has some problems... It's the editing page not answer/submit. Please update.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:30:01 »
Updated!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:57:55 »
So is green ever going to be a possibility?

I really would like to get one of these boards but green is my top priority.

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #342 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:08:37 »

If any color reach 5 orders and it will come true :3
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #343 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:19:40 »
Man if you did a "HHKB" version like the windows version, where you basically block the left and right control, but otherwise the 1.5/1/1.5/7/1.5/1/1.5 layout, I'm not sure I'd be able to resist.

A few other things, there seems to be a broken image towards the end of the post, and the FAQ talks about the plate being universal, but it seems round 2 is now either ANSI or ISO.

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:29:12 »
Was hesitating with this price tag, but this is seriously one of the nicest looking cases I've seen. Joined round 2!
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:53:08 »
Man if you did a "HHKB" version like the windows version, where you basically block the left and right control, but otherwise the 1.5/1/1.5/7/1.5/1/1.5 layout, I'm not sure I'd be able to resist.

A few other things, there seems to be a broken image towards the end of the post, and the FAQ talks about the plate being universal, but it seems round 2 is now either ANSI or ISO.

apart from the separate ANSI/ISO version, the plate is still universal as they both still cover the split backspace, stepped capslock, 6/6.25/7x spacebar layout, split right shift (right Fn), the only different is the enter and left shift so that would be no problem :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:54:37 »

Just put what color you want in the "other" field man, I believe many people want green too so getting 5 orders for the color is highly possible :P
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:56:30 »
Oh, come on guys. I just check the order status sheet. How come you all are stick with the default color options... don't you see the line on the form "be creative" for the colors? Let's together make special colors, deal?

Offline Malenky

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:59:34 »

apart from the separate ANSI/ISO version, the plate is still universal as they both still cover the split backspace, stepped capslock, 6/6.25/7x spacebar layout, split right shift (right Fn), the only different is the enter and left shift so that would be no problem :thumb:

I wasn't very clear. I meant a complete corner blocker as part of the housing.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 16:04:19 »
Curious. Is the "legs" required to assemble the case? I prefer flat cases over angled.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)