Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING  (Read 186292 times)

Offline jacky

Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 23:00:12 »
Amazing !!!guy :thumb:

Offline h3xadat

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 04:13:42 »
Hi all, unfortunately I've missed the group buy. If someone is toying with the idea of transferring his spot, I will happily jump in. I’m looking particularly for an Enigma Black case or a Tactical Gray (brushed or not) one.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 14:40:42 »
I know this takes time to manufacture and ship, but is there an approximation as to when the boards would be shipped/delivered to the US? I want to time it so I can get hyperspheres, lube, and foam liner shipped so I can add all the mods in one go.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 14:45:03 »
I know this takes time to manufacture and ship, but is there an approximation as to when the boards would be shipped/delivered to the US? I want to time it so I can get hyperspheres, lube, and foam liner shipped so I can add all the mods in one go.

We're on track to ship earlier than expected, likely in a couple of weeks. This is always subject to hiccups and unforeseen delays, of course, but for buyers in the US, I'd currently expect to see them in the middle of, or certainly by the end of, June.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 14:53:00 »

We're on track to ship earlier than expected, likely in a couple of weeks. This is always subject to hiccups and unforeseen delays, of course, but for buyers in the US, I'd currently expect to see them in the middle of, or certainly by the end of, June.

Thanks for the quick response! Also not to push it to the point of exhaustion, but I'd be the first in line for a fc660c case  :thumb:
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:00:36 »

Thanks for the quick response! Also not to push it to the point of exhaustion, but I'd be the first in line for a fc660c case  :thumb:

Oh please no..... cause I wouldn't be able to resist that  and all the monies for 2017 are gone  :))
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:07:42 »
Haha. OK, guys. I'm calling uncle. I just ordered an FC660C and will start working on a design for it while waiting for the RealForce prototypes to be sorted out. :)

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:44:52 »
Haha. OK, guys. I'm calling uncle. I just ordered an FC660C and will start working on a design for it while waiting for the RealForce prototypes to be sorted out. :)

So now I have to buy an FC660C...?????

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:50:21 »

Looks that way.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
Re: Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 17:04:43 »

Realforce! Awesome!

Offline zslane

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 17:33:42 »

Realforce! Awesome!

Yeah, but it's the wrong RealForce...  ;D

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 21:39:28 »
HHKB is feeling VERY left out at this point...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Atredl

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 23:45:59 »
Please don't leave out the smallest brother of the topre family

Offline madindehead

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 06:12:07 »
Oh wow...I literally just found out about these cases! Super bummed out I missed out. I hope you maybe do another GB in the future for the CM TKL keyboards! I have one, and I'd LOVE to put it in one of these gorgeous cases!

Have you considered making cases for the bigger Cooler Master Masterkeys L boards? Or are they not as popular? (Thinking about it, they probably aren't as popular).
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:10:01 by madindehead »

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 06:21:27 »

I think that it's particularly difficult to produce one, I'm not too sure why though. If I remember correctly, I've seen Rama talking about its difficulties and why it takes so much time to create one, but I can't provide any further information I'm afraid.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 07:49:09 »

Realforce! Awesome!

the wrong?

Offline hpfalcon

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:02:36 »

I think that it's particularly difficult to produce one, I'm not too sure why though. If I remember correctly, I've seen Rama talking about its difficulties and why it takes so much time to create one, but I can't provide any further information I'm afraid.

the housings for the sliders are part of the case, so any custom case will also have to include them, unlike the Nova, rf, or 660c where the entire assembly is all attached to the pcb and can be removed as one piece and put into another case

Offline avid

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:13:20 »
Do you have any B-grades/damaged/samples that your going to sell? Id be very interested to pick up a dented one for example, since i missed the GB.
Also, will Originative get any more restocks of them?

Super nice cases anyhow.

Offline h3xadat

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:30:38 »
Do you have any B-grades/damaged/samples that your going to sell? Id be very interested to pick up a dented one for example, since i missed the GB.
Also, will Originative get any more restocks of them?

Super nice cases anyhow.

I asked Originative a week ago and they answered that there is no current plan at the moment to have these restocked.

But ask theillumedpanda. He is willing to transfer his spot for a Galactic Blue case.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:32:07 »

This man is a legend!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 10:35:58 »
This man is a legend!
Show Image

Haha. Man, did I love that movie when I was a kid.

Offline zslane

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 13:28:33 »

Realforce! Awesome!

the wrong?

Yeah, I'm desperate for a powder-coated white CNC aluminum replacement case for my RealForce RGB boards.

Offline cmc

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 15:55:48 »
Or maybe that Corian?

Offline zslane

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 18:24:09 »
Yeah, or white Corian.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 17:21:05 »
Hi.
I have recently unexpectedly had an address change. How  do I change my address on my order?
Thanks

Offline norbauer

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 21:08:08 »
Hi.
I have recently unexpectedly had an address change. How  do I change my address on my order?
Thanks

No worries, a couple others are in the same situation. Just reply to your order confirmation email and let me know your new address. :)

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 18:23:25 »

haha i'm thinking the same thing... if i do, i'm limiting myself to one case this time.

Offline consolation

« Reply #327 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 02:03:16 »
Sorry for the off topic question, but this seems like a collection of people who might know the answer; is there an aluminum case that could be modded to fit a novatouch? I ended up being an owner of one couple days after the last GB place closed. :'(   So, what did people do before our god of the forge Norbauer's creation; I'm pretty handy with a dremel and a grinding wheel... was there any known moddable case?

I did find one reference on reddit, but can't get hold of the user to get more details /how well it worked out.

TIA

edit 8/6/17:

PS. Thanks for the offers, I've arranged to take over another user's order already. :-)
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 June 2017, 17:12:09 by consolation »

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 08:05:02 »
Sorry for the off topic question, but this seems like a collection of people who might know the answer; is there an aluminum case that could be modded to fit a novatouch? I ended up being an owner of one couple days after the last GB place closed. :'(   So, what did people do before our god of the forge Norbauer's creation; I'm pretty handy with a dremel and a grinding wheel... was there any known moddable case?

I did find one reference on reddit, but can't get hold of the user to get more details /how well it worked out.

TIA

I doubt it, but I bet there will be people selling theirs on mechmarket after R2 ships.

Offline child

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 11:37:48 »

Is that time estimation still valid? A couple of weeks just passed  ;D

Offline norbauer

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 12:21:17 »

Yes, it is still valid in terms of manufacturing the cases. The cases are actually completely done and ready.

However, since we were running ahead of schedule, I decided to take the extra expense and time to get some custom packaging made, which is adding another two weeks or so to the ship date. It ended up taking a week or so longer than I'd hoped, but I think it makes for a very nice upgrade, both in terms of the aesthetics and the safety of the packaging, as it adds custom form-fitting EVA foam, which should add additional protection to the product during shipping.

Here are the renders:

I've also gotten the packaging samples and they look great. Manufacturing on the boxes began yesterday and takes about two weeks.

I hope you guys don't mind. I think you'll like the final result. :)

Offline eksuen

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 12:25:35 »
Don't mind at all. I haven't gotten around to modding the Masterkeys boards that will go in these anyway.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 16:36:17 »

Yes, it is still valid in terms of manufacturing the cases. The cases are actually completely done and ready.

However, since we were running ahead of schedule, I decided to take the extra expense and time to get some custom packaging made, which is adding another two weeks or so to the ship date. It ended up taking a week or so longer than I'd hoped, but I think it makes for a very nice upgrade, both in terms of the aesthetics and the safety of the packaging, as it adds custom form-fitting EVA foam, which should add additional protection to the product during shipping.

Here are the renders:

Show Image

Show Image

I've also gotten the packaging samples and they look great. Manufacturing on the boxes began yesterday and takes about two weeks.

Show Image

I hope you guys don't mind. I think you'll like the final result. :)

That looks sharp as hell. Love it.

Don't mind at all. I haven't gotten around to modding the Masterkeys boards that will go in these anyway.

I just modded a Masterkeys board for my case, it's super easy. I was able to desolder and resolder the whole board in ~2 hours.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 June 2017, 16:38:28 by JDragon »

Offline eksuen

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 17:17:01 »

I just modded a Masterkeys board for my case, it's super easy. I was able to desolder and resolder the whole board in ~2 hours.

Yeah, I don't imagine it'll take very long, but I just haven't found the time to sit down and do it.

Offline poolside

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 18:03:01 »
Nice box! Will it come with the cases ordered through Originative?
This could be handy to store a keyboard away. The NT stems do not protrude that much from the alu case.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 18:24:57 »
may seem quaint but i'm a big fan of nice packaging. makes getting something seem more special.

thanks norbauer!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 18:32:15 »
may seem quaint but i'm a big fan of nice packaging. makes getting something seem more special.

thanks norbauer!

This could be handy to store a keyboard away. The NT stems do not protrude that much from the alu case.

Thanks, guys. I felt the same way and thus figured it was worth a bit of extra wait. I also just thought it would be fun to learn how to design an EVA foam cutout and box like this, which it was. :)

Oh, and yes, the Originative cases will also come with the custom box too.

Offline zslane

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 18:56:11 »
So this might seem like a minor nit, but will I be able to store a NovaTouch with keycaps in that box? For instance, with SA keycaps?

The box looks so nice that it would be great for storing the board when not in use. But it doesn't look like there's enough clearance under the top cover to accommodate keycaps, especially high-profile keycaps like SA or MT3.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 18:59:16 »
So this might seem like a minor nit, but will I be able to store a NovaTouch with keycaps in that box? For instance, with SA keycaps?

The box looks so nice that it would be great for storing the board when not in use. But it doesn't look like there's enough clearance under the top cover to accommodate keycaps, especially high-profile keycaps like SA or MT3.

I didn't design or test for this scenario, but there is foam up under the lid with some give to it, so it's possible. The box lid will probably just not come down as far on the side of the bottom half of the box.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 19:23:58 »
that's awesome!!

Offline richard912

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 21:03:05 »
That packaging looks awesome and adds comfort for a safe(r) shipping. Well done!!

Offline consolation

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 23:18:46 »
I didn't design or test for this scenario, but there is foam up under the lid with some give to it, so it's possible. The box lid will probably just not come down as far on the side of the bottom half of the box.

If it's not too late, maybe have the packaging company add couple strips of styrofoam with double sided tape on one side, that would fit under the short side of the lid. If we want to store a board with keys; they would be attached against the short sides and top of the lid, stopping it coming down all the way and resting on the keys. Or, possibly have four pieces (for the long sides as well;) they don't need to go all the way across to work, short enough to fit inside the case.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 June 2017, 23:21:27 by consolation »

Offline madindehead

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 05:21:56 »
That packaging looks incredible! Amazing!

Are there any extras that will go on Originative? Also, I'm assuming this comes with a set of instructions on moving the keyboard into the new case.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 10:03:18 »
How many people ordered cases, from the Norbauer site and from Originative?

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #344 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 10:04:52 »
Im so excited for these

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #345 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:59:15 »
Will there be any extras of these by any chance?

Offline poolside

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 18:02:18 »
More

thanks norbauer!

Thanks, guys. I felt the same way and thus figured it was worth a bit of extra wait. I also just thought it would be fun to learn how to design an EVA foam cutout and box like this, which it was. :)

Great, thanks!

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #347 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 20:57:33 »
Will there be any extras of these by any chance?
I suspect there were be extras with oco

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 23:29:12 »

thanks norbauer!

:D

Offline norbauer

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 10:32:36 »
Hi all. Sorry for being quiet for the past week or so. Being busy with work from the "real world" kept me away from keyboards for the past few days. Alas.

At any rate, I wanted to offer an update. Boxes are done on the 21st and then make a cross-town journey to the factory, where the cases will be placed into them with the hardware and will be inspected by my agent for any cosmetic defects before being shipped out in the following few days, at which point everyone should get tracking numbers by email. Apologies again for the slight delay, but hopefully you'll all like the little box upgrade I decided to spring for and it will have been worth it. :)