Author Topic: New Kensington Slimblade  (Read 43249 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 11 March 2009, 15:09:51 »
Quote from: bigpook;24132
I was reading some of the reviews on Amazon and while some of the posters liked the slimblade; there were quite a few that were not so happy.
From what I understand, the top 2 buttons are hard coded and will only work with the software. Almost sounds like its a 2 button mouse that scrolls. At least from a linux perspective.

You are correct.  I don't mind it all that much.  From the "optimal" hand position, you can't reach the top two buttons anyways...so having them mapped to special operators is fine by me (left top activating sound adjustment and right top activating document-view mode).  

I don't really have a need for the middle mouse button in OS X and chording works just fine under linux.

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 11 March 2009, 15:25:32 »
Quote from: iMav;24138
You are correct.  I don't mind it all that much.  From the "optimal" hand position, you can't reach the top two buttons anyways...so having them mapped to special operators is fine by me (left top activating sound adjustment and right top activating document-view mode).  

I don't really have a need for the middle mouse button in OS X and chording works just fine under linux.

Hmm. That depends on the defination of optimal. I can  reach all 4 buttons on the exper mouse. Its actually useful to me to have 4 mouse buttons.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 11 March 2009, 19:20:35 »
Obviously, choice of mouse is a very personal thing. Maybe even more so then keyboards.
I would really like to get the slimblade, but without the ability to map the top two buttons I am afraid it is a no go.
As for the expert mouse, I have heard others complain about wrist strain also. While the supplied wrist rest may not be the best of choice for some, it does actually work out well enough for me. I can't imagine using the expert mouse without as the angle IS to steep. Ideally, the wrist rest would connect to the mouse in a better way. The two plastic tits that come with are kind of cheap .

Offline dougy

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 March 2009, 21:33:33 »
Quote from: bigpook;24178

I would really like to get the slimblade, but without the ability to map the top two buttons I am afraid it is a no go.
As for the expert mouse, I have heard others complain about wrist strain also. While the supplied wrist rest may not be the best of choice for some, it does actually work out well enough for me. I can't imagine using the expert mouse without as the angle IS to steep. Ideally, the wrist rest would connect to the mouse in a better way. The two plastic tits that come with are kind of cheap .

Won't any third party mapping solutions work for the top 2 buttons? I'm with bigpook, those buttons are critical.

My solution for the ergo part of the expert mouse is to put it on the desk (as opposed to the keyboard tray) and then rest my forearm on an airline pillow. Kind of has the effect of recessing the unit and eliminates any pressure on my elbow.

Offline iMav

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 12 March 2009, 07:00:47 »
I've been able to verify that USB Overdrive will allow you to map all the buttons to, pretty much, whatever you want under OS X.

I don't think this trackball will usurp the Logitech Trackman Marble as my "perfect" pointing device.  But I'm going to roll with it for a couple of months and see how I like it at that point.

Offline hotswank

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 March 2009, 07:42:19 »
Quote from: iMav;24219
I've been able to verify that USB Overdrive will allow you to map all the buttons to, pretty much, whatever you want under OS X.

And what about native OS 9.2.2 support (or Classsic) ? There is no Mac OS 9 driver for the SlimBlade and by the looks of it, MouseWorks v.5.31 will not not support it either if  (ie. the SlimBlade has it own dedicated drivers?)

Offline iMav

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 March 2009, 10:40:43 »
Quote from: hotswank;24222
And what about native OS 9.2.2 support (or Classsic) ? There is no Mac OS 9 driver for the SlimBlade and by the looks of it, MouseWorks v.5.31 will not not support it either if  (ie. the SlimBlade has it own dedicated drivers?)

If you are needing to use Classic, and need to remap the additional buttons, then the SlimBlade is NOT for you.  ;)

Offline Stanwalters

You can reprogram all of the buttons
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 15 March 2009, 01:07:35 »
Quote from: iMav;24219

How did you reprogram the top two buttons?  I'm using USBOverdrive 10.4.8 and it doesn't even detect the button presses in the configuration screen.  Is there a trick to getting it to detect those under OSX 10.5.6?

Thanks,
Stan

Offline tad

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 15 March 2009, 04:05:07 »
Good news for Linux users: patches necessary for the top two buttons to register have been applied to the HID development tree, and may make it into the official kernel release in 2.6.29 or 2.6.30. So it won't be long before your distro supports all four buttons on the device.

Source thread at LKML

Offline dougy

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 March 2009, 16:48:39 »
The slimblade arrived today, a wonderful trackball. With the low profile it doesn't require a wrist rest, or an elevated forearm (like the expert mouse did). Scrolling works more smoothly also, the acceleration could use adjustment. The big disappointment is the top buttons. USB overdrive does NOT recognize them, neither do SteerMouse or ControllerMate. I'd be interested in knowing how anyone else got the buttons to work on a Mac.

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 March 2009, 17:04:42 »
Quote from: tad;24532
Good news for Linux users: patches necessary for the top two buttons to register have been applied to the HID development tree, and may make it into the official kernel release in 2.6.29 or 2.6.30. So it won't be long before your distro supports all four buttons on the device.

Source thread at LKML

Thanks tad. I will keep this in mind. I am at 2.6.27-11 now.

Offline lam47

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 March 2009, 17:51:08 »
Has anyone taken some photos of it?
I'm trying to find one here in the UK but have had no luck yet.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 17 March 2009, 20:16:55 »
Quote from: tad;24532

Source thread at LKML

I just read a review on amazon and was wondering if you could verify it for me. I use my mice left handed and swap the buttons. The reviewer said that even this could not be done.
Could you try this out for me and let me know?

TIA

Offline iMav

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 18 March 2009, 07:50:08 »
Quote from: bigpook;24790
I just read a review on amazon and was wondering if you could verify it for me. I use my mice left handed and swap the buttons. The reviewer said that even this could not be done.
Could you try this out for me and let me know?

Under OS X it can be done easily.  (there is a option under System Preferences that lets you select either the left or right button as the "primary" button)  

As these two buttons are normal left and right mouse buttons, I don't see why they couldn't be remapped/switched via the normal methods under any OS.

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 18 March 2009, 08:29:19 »
Quote from: iMav;24807
Under OS X it can be done easily.  (there is a option under System Preferences that lets you select either the left or right button as the "primary" button)  

As these two buttons are normal left and right mouse buttons, I don't see why they couldn't be remapped/switched via the normal methods under any OS.

I would agree. Under ubuntu it is trivial to do this. Someone mentioned in a review on amazon that he was not able to do this, didn't mention what os he was using though.

There is some dude named J Walker that seems to be astro-turfing for kensington there.

Overall, people seem to really like the hardware but are chapped about the limitations of the provided software. As a linux user, the provided software is useless, so the ability to remap all of the buttons is key.
Someone also mentioned not being able to set the speed and sensitivity of the cursor, which is pretty odd. Any truth to that?

Offline iMav

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 March 2009, 10:17:44 »
Quote from: bigpook;24813
Someone also mentioned not being able to set the speed and sensitivity of the cursor, which is pretty odd. Any truth to that?

The driver gives you zero options under OS X.  It simply allows the top two buttons to toggle document viewer mode and audio/sound volume mode.  There isn't even a preferences widget installed with the device.  

Personally, I think that will improve over time (with newer software/drivers).  Right now, I don't really have an issues with the functionality...just trying to get used to the trackball itself.  

The first couple of days I had some pain, but once I adjusted it has been a fairly pleasant experience.  I really like the rotational scrolling and document view mode.

Offline azkansei

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 03 June 2009, 15:42:03 »
Quote from: iMav;80819

Does this work only with a certain combination of Mac OS and USB Overdrive X? On 10.5.7 with the latest version of the software it doesn't work at all. So sad. I'd be willing to pay for the software if I could remap the media button as a middle click and leave the "view mode" button as a view mode button.

As it stands, installing USB Overdrive X alongside the Kensington driver completely kills the functionality of the top two buttons.

Offline dougy

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 03 June 2009, 21:49:35 »
USB Overdrive doesn't work with 10.5.6 either. There are 2 other products, SteerMouse and ControllerMate which also don't work. Of the 3 it appears only ControllerMate is being actively developed. For now I'm using mine as a plain 2 button trackball.

Offline sec908

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 19 July 2010, 19:58:48 »
Somebody know if the scroll work fine?

In this video don't work fine, the cursor moves to the left... why?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21009858@N03/3459307493/

Thx!

Offline Zalusithix

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 19 July 2010, 23:33:42 »
Yes the scrolling works perfectly fine. The cursor moves when he scrolls because the way he is using it. His hand movements are clunky and move the ball in a non twisting manner (thus moving the cursor) before he manages to actually twist it. I can scroll with one finger more effectively than him and not have the cursor budge a pixel the vast majority of the time. When it does move, it's only a slight shift.

At any rate, it shouldn't be a problem in normal use. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal for gaming, but it's not meant for gaming.

Offline Jim66

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 16:26:33 »
Hmmm, I have been considering of these for a while now, I have just never used anything else other than a mouse.

I spend most of my time on SPSS (a statistical package which looks like excel) and I'm just a little worried that using a track ball to navigate cells and menus is going to be clunky..?

Are some things best left to a mouse?

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:01:25 »
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet, but the "turning the ball to scroll" feature could theoretically also be used as a 3D rotation controller (since that's what it is). Blender (and possibly other 3D modeling packages) already accommodates rotating with plain "2D" track balls (as opposed to mice).

I've got a Kensingon Expert Mouse, but I'm not all that pleased with it. For one, I'm just not precise enough with it, and the scroll ring sucks ass (I think Ripster posted a mod to fix it, but that I still haven't tried)
Current collection: HHKB Pro 2 black on black, HHKB Pro 2 white/grey blank, [strike]Dell AT101W[/strike] (sold to SirClickAlot), 1992 Model M, Key Tronic Ergoforce KT 2001, BTC 5100 C. Dead boards: MS Natural Elite, MS Natural 4000.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:03:47 »
Have you tried a CST? Worth the money if you like the form factor of the KEM, but want something more accurate and better built.

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:09:29 »
Quote from: ch_123;205720
Have you tried a CST? Worth the money if you like the form factor of the KEM, but want something more accurate and better built.

I think actually the form factor is one of the issues. The steep incline of the KEM doesn't feel very good on my wrist after a while*. CST trackballs seem to have a bit more "flowing" and longer shape that might work better for me though.

Thing is, the KEM already cost me nearly a 100 euros, and with no shop to try any of the bastards out even for a few minutes, I'm not about to spend that again in a hurry. My current quest is for a small-form keyboard (leaning heavily towards a HHKB pro at the moment) and just use a decent mouse that I can actually handle at the store before buying (plenty of those around).

* Edit: second Webwit's comments on the crap "wrist rest". It sucks and I threw it out too after less than a week.

Edit 2: as for accuracy, I guess it might improve if I can get a replacement, heavier ball.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:14:14 by Superfluous Parentheses »
Current collection: HHKB Pro 2 black on black, HHKB Pro 2 white/grey blank, [strike]Dell AT101W[/strike] (sold to SirClickAlot), 1992 Model M, Key Tronic Ergoforce KT 2001, BTC 5100 C. Dead boards: MS Natural Elite, MS Natural 4000.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:32:13 »
You can also lower the sensitivity to make the trackball more precise.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:34:21 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;205739
You can also lower the sensitivity to make the trackball more precise.

I could, but with dual-widescreens it makes moving around a chore. While with a mouse I seemingly get more precision AND speedier movement.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for trackballs.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:37:15 »
You oughta get a sensitive mouse and a very old trackball. Old trackballs are slow, so if you use that with a sensitive mouse, you'll still be able to be precise while having a sensitive mouse.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:39:07 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;205745
You oughta get a sensitive mouse and a very old trackball. Old trackballs are slow, so if you use that with a sensitive mouse, you'll still be able to be precise while having a sensitive mouse.

Please explain to me why I would use a mouse and a trackball when I can just use a mouse? I mean I do have both plugged in, but you can't just switch between them anyway. - Takes up way too much space.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:40:07 »
Quote from: Superfluous Parentheses;205722
I think actually the form factor is one of the issues. The steep incline of the KEM doesn't feel very good on my wrist after a while*. CST trackballs seem to have a bit more "flowing" and longer shape that might work better for me though.

Thing is, the KEM already cost me nearly a 100 euros, and with no shop to try any of the bastards out even for a few minutes, I'm not about to spend that again in a hurry. My current quest is for a small-form keyboard (leaning heavily towards a HHKB pro at the moment) and just use a decent mouse that I can actually handle at the store before buying (plenty of those around).

* Edit: second Webwit's comments on the crap "wrist rest". It sucks and I threw it out too after less than a week.

Edit 2: as for accuracy, I guess it might improve if I can get a replacement, heavier ball.

The main problem with the KEM in terms of precision is those plastic bearings the ball revolves on. After some gunk gets into them, I find that the trackball jumps around if you try and make small and precise movements with them... The CST avoids this problem by having metal rollers.

I actually quite liked the wrist rest on the KEM. I'm interested to see what sort of wrist rest CST comes up with for their stuff.

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 18:48:28 »
I like the wrist rest on the KEM too but wish it was better made.  The slimblade is a very nice improvement over the KEM and there is no need for a wrist rest, and the scrolling doesn't use the less than smooth ring like the KEM either. Sounds like you like regular mice better, trackballs aren't for everyone.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 19:14:41 »
Quote from: Superfluous Parentheses;205747
Please explain to me why I would use a mouse and a trackball when I can just use a mouse? I mean I do have both plugged in, but you can't just switch between them anyway. - Takes up way too much space.

Oh. Well, if space wasn't a concern, I'd just have a slow trackball on one side of the keyboard and a fast mouse on the other.

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 21:10:17 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;205787
Oh. Well, if space wasn't a concern, I'd just have a slow trackball on one side of the keyboard and a fast mouse on the other.

Space enough for that (at least on the left side of my keyboard). But I'm not ambidextrous. Nor, I presume, are you.

Offline sec908

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 23 July 2010, 21:16:28 »
Hi people, I'm trying a Logitech TrackMan Marble... do you think that the Kensington SlimBlade Trackball is very better than the Logitech Marble?

Thx!!

Offline Voixdelion

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 02:35:25 »
Old sckool KEM ftw!

the little red beady things got nuttin on the steel ball bearing *****es!

I'd like Kensington to put the ver 5 build and feel together with the newer features.  I've got 3 or maybe even four of these now... squirreling them away just in case. I  the newer ones just don't have big enough balls.

hmmm, that didn't come out quite right.
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 06:19:01 »
In some senses you've described the CST.

Unless you are referring to the features of the Slimblade, which are all software dependent... I have a thing against buying keyboards/mice that need software to work properly.

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 07:26:48 »
I have one of the older KEM with the metal rollers. Its nice too.
Too bad it doesn't have a scroll wheel. Aside from that it is a very well made mouse.

Offline sec908

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 10:47:06 »
Quote from: sec908;205835
Hi people, I'm trying a Logitech TrackMan Marble... do you think that the Kensington SlimBlade Trackball is very better than the Logitech Marble?

Thx!!

I am feeling uncomfortable and my wrist hurts me to put my hand in the position requires, why? with a normal mouse i don't have this problem, what am I doing wrong?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 11:15:02 »
Quote from: Superfluous Parentheses;205832
Space enough for that (at least on the left side of my keyboard). But I'm not ambidextrous. Nor, I presume, are you.

I actually can write with both hands. I've used my mouse with my left before. It ain't that bad.

Offline Voixdelion

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 14:51:35 »
Quote from: sec908;205835

Thx!!

I think that's tough compare - kinda like different kinds of citrus rather than apples to oranges though.  More like Grapefruits to tangerines?  Either way its not so much a "better" or "worse" question as it is a "how does it differ" question.  smaller tangier sweeter, but still has pits and peel, so don't just bite into it first?

The reason is not so much features but the way it feels in your hand, which is the make it or break it part of a trackball to me.  I find that my fingers are too long to be comfortable using the smaller trackballs - even to the point that I really prefer the extra quarter inch on the older kensington Experts to the newer 2" versions.  That being said, it depends on your personal preference of style between those two models.  

There is widespread consensus that the Microsoft Explorer Trackball was one of the best that will ever be, and it looks like the logitech was going for a similar design, but as I like a big central sphere neither was appealing to me.  Has anyone tried both or is there a sort of sub-division in trackball users that prefer one type that doesn't have a lot of crossover between people who have both kinds?

Offline Voixdelion

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 15:09:17 »
Quote from: sec908;206208
I am feeling uncomfortable and my wrist hurts me to put my hand in the position requires, why? with a normal mouse i don't have this problem, what am I doing wrong?

could be that your hand is positioned too low in order to put your fingers on the ball area causing you to have to flex the wrist in an non-default position to manipulate it?  If so you may prefer the central ball design of the Kensingtons as I do.  If you were to rest your hand normally on your mouse in a relaxed position and you put the trackball next to your hand side by side, Do your fingers end up in a position that would, if you simply slid it straight to the side, match up with the proper buttons and positions to be able to navigate or would you need to change the angles or reach with your fingers to accomplish that?  If you have to significantly alter the position of your arm or hand from where it is comfortable to use the trackball try one with different ball/button positioning that better suits your personal ergonomics.  

Can't stress enough how important it will be to find the one that "fits" your hand or its money wasted.  A $200 trackball that is a good match is a  much better expense than 5 $19 ones that aren't.  

Some say using a trackball is something that takes getting used to, but it shouldn't be painful.  I knew immediately which I preferred when I touched ye olde sckool Turbo mouse on the Mac about 15 years ago or whatever.  I don't know what people mean by adjusting to how to use one at all.

IMHO If repositioning the trackball itself on the desk or adjusting your seat height doesn't fix the pain, then a different model is definitely in order, though you could try a little "mouse shelf" kind of thing that allows a different mouse height placement from the keyboard surface, but it really does sound like you might be a better candidate for the slimblade or the expert mouse instead.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 15:26:23 »
Well, if you don't have that problem when using a normal mouse, I'd recommend using a normal mouse again if it doesn't cause any other major issues.

Offline sec908

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 25 July 2010, 21:22:09 »
I think that my problem is this:

Offline sec908

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 02:27:47 »
Quote from: Voixdelion;206307
I think that's tough compare - kinda like different kinds of citrus rather than apples to oranges though.  More like Grapefruits to tangerines?  Either way its not so much a "better" or "worse" question as it is a "how does it differ" question.  smaller tangier sweeter, but still has pits and peel, so don't just bite into it first?

The reason is not so much features but the way it feels in your hand, which is the make it or break it part of a trackball to me.  I find that my fingers are too long to be comfortable using the smaller trackballs - even to the point that I really prefer the extra quarter inch on the older kensington Experts to the newer 2" versions.  That being said, it depends on your personal preference of style between those two models.  

There is widespread consensus that the Microsoft Explorer Trackball was one of the best that will ever be, and it looks like the logitech was going for a similar design, but as I like a big central sphere neither was appealing to me.  Has anyone tried both or is there a sort of sub-division in trackball users that prefer one type that doesn't have a lot of crossover between people who have both kinds?

The problem is that the price of kensington slimblade trackball about 100$ and logitech marble about 30$ (in my country 130€ slimblade and 40€ marble). I can't try the slimblade if i don't buy this! and i'm trying the logitech marble because a friend lent me his mouse.

Offline sec908

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 12:54:33 »
Is real that in the case of Slimblade, the bottom of the palm begins to ache when you do such a durability for a long time? And in addition, a ball is not suitable for close movement heavily.

People, What do you think about this? (these problems are said by slimblade users).

Offline bigpook

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 26 July 2010, 19:03:18 »
I use the slimblade for hours on end. I have no hand discomfort.

The ball rides high and my fingers rest nicely on it at the second knuckle. Overall, its very comfortable and may be the most comfortable trackball I have ever used.
Unfortunately, this may not be the same experience for you.

Offline joker

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 09:58:36 »
does a standard billard ball fit in the kensington? I also did not find a dpi value.. is it possible to use the slimblade with two 24" widscreen monitors without "scrolling" the ball too much?

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 11:09:10 »
The thread's title is some has become somewhat misleading at this stage.

A bit like those "Breaking News" threads about Unicomp's BS M4-1.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 September 2010, 11:17:32 by ch_123 »

Offline joker

New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 12:16:20 »
thanks ripster

Offline xrkq9s

Re: New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 12:52:18 »
Seems like this is the best place for Slimblade driver talk.
Has anyone ever managed to get the top 2 buttons working on Windows without installing the terrible Kensington drivers?
How hard would it be to create a custom driver for the Slimblade?
Cheers

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: New Kensington Slimblade
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 12:53:23 »
Holy ****, dat necromancy. And here I was thinking, that a new slimblade has been announced… except it's 7 years later.

The top two buttons work as "middle click" and "back" by default.
From my brief experimentation with TrackballWorks (I use GNU/Linux otherwise), I think they only change *software* settings, but limiting it to the specific USB ID.