Author Topic: [GB] Octagon 75% Kustom Keyboard  (Read 219683 times)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [GB] Octagon 75% Kustom Keyboard
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:57:28 »
There were some delays and problems from the sticker maker and they won't produce our peronsalized stickers. So now Duck is not going to include personalized stickers instead the sets will include  kbdlab, octagon, and their "X" logo stickers..

Very sorry about that.  Because of the stickers, the shipping is delayed a bit. I was told they will be shipped tomorrow or  in a few more days..

I think we would much rather have these ship than wait on stickers haha. I forgot who said it, but someone called it, there was a delay!

Offline Data

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:32:18 »
There were some delays and problems from the sticker maker and they won't produce our peronsalized stickers. So now Duck is not going to include personalized stickers instead the sets will include  kbdlab, octagon, and their "X" logo stickers..

Very sorry about that.  Because of the stickers, the shipping is delayed a bit. I was told they will be shipped tomorrow or  in a few more days..

I think we would much rather have these ship than wait on stickers haha. I forgot who said it, but someone called it, there was a delay!
;D

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:40:13 »

;D

Just checked. It was you. Good call haha. Although I wish you were wrong!

Offline Data

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 22:27:04 »

;D

Just checked. It was you. Good call haha. Although I wish you were wrong!

One of very few times I'd prefer to be wrong!

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 22:29:06 »
In a way, having a "stock" sticker could be preferable in case someone decides to sell their Octagon in the future. :P

However having a customized one would have also made it just that much more personalized. :P
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #355 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 00:51:19 »

Hopefully they go out before this weekend!  :p **** seems to travels faster over weekends it seems. Could just be me though.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #356 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:07:58 »

Hopefully they go out before this weekend!  :p **** seems to travels faster over weekends it seems. Could just be me though.

It's already Friday afternoon there. :P

Items move "faster" over the weekend because mail still moves & planes still fly during the weekends. Items just don't get picked up for processing in many countries over Sat/Sun.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #357 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:15:30 »

Hopefully they go out before this weekend!  **** seems to travels faster over weekends it seems. Could just be me though.

It's already Friday afternoon there.

Items move "faster" over the weekend because mail still moves & planes still fly during the weekends. Items just don't get picked up for processing in many countries over Sat/Sun.
Well let's hope they got sent out!

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #358 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 12:18:53 »
Sanding the transparent insert with increasingly coarser sandpaper should result in a similar look. I have some spare inserts, I'll run to the hardware store next week and get back to you guys in a while.

The one I have is not sandblasted. I was told they're 3form acrylics?

http://www.3-form.com/materials/chroma/chroma_vapor/

"Saw Cut - Standard edge finish.
Polished Edge Finish - Superfine sanded finish with 1200 grit paper combined with a polished buffing process. The result is a clear appearance with a soft sheen.
Renewable Matte - 220 grit sand paper provides a consistent, brushed look.
*All Chroma panels come standard with a saw cut edge finish."

Offline waffle418

« Reply #359 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:32:43 »
I just found this and I'm looking for a 75% if anyone that ordered is no longer interested, I'd possibly be willing to pick it up from you.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:45:38 »
I am not sure if I missed it but when will these be arriving since there is a slight delay?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:51:59 »
I am not sure if I missed it but when will these be arriving since there is a slight delay?

Nothing has been said yet. Hopefully they go out this week, I really hope these don't get held up any longer than that just because of stickers..

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:53:17 »
Grr. Really want my octagons so I can start building.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 20:01:23 »

But what about that viper and eagle haha.

I am actually going to be sending my Octagon and Viper to thechemist to get built. Just waiting on sips and leds from nuclearsandwich

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 20:24:22 »

I am actually going to be sending my Octagon and Viper to thechemist to get built. Just waiting on sips and leds from nuclearsandwich
I traded away my Eagle but I do have my viper as my current board i am using atm. How did you want yours built? My viper used SIP sockets too but I only used the ones off ebay and they worked fine the way I used them.

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #365 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 07:32:54 »
I'm just worried that this will show up at a place I won't be living anymore :/

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 07:44:09 »

I'm waiting on the SIPs/LEDs as well.
But I'm really waiting on myself to desolder some old MX Blacks. :)

Offline snipars

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 08:18:38 »
so how do the LEDs work on this keyboard? 
a lot of the korean customs i've seen have some weird combination of red lighting on a few rows, and blue on others 
is that just due to the taste of the creators of the keyboard, or do they have LEDs that can be changed per each individual row?
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 08:31:41 »
so how do the LEDs work on this keyboard? 
a lot of the korean customs i've seen have some weird combination of red lighting on a few rows, and blue on others 
is that just due to the taste of the creators of the keyboard, or do they have LEDs that can be changed per each individual row?

The LEDs that come with the PCB are those on the back, see: http://duck0113.tistory.com/106
Full LED and RGB SMD LED compatible.  17 RGB SMD LEDs are included!
The LEDs per switch are up to the assembler, your choice.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 February 2015, 08:33:56 by tjweir »

Offline Data

« Reply #369 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 09:22:43 »
Since we're talking about LEDs again, can anyone answer my question from earlier?

What can we expect from the pre-installed resistors?  I was wanting to use LEDs I got from AliExpress.  These, actually:  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-Quality-and-High-lightness-100pcs-2x3x4-Rectangular-square-type-sky-blue-color-led-beads-brightness600/629743_2022772817.html

They're rated at 20mA current and 3.2 Vf.  I'm guessing I would need a 100ohm, 1/8W resistor for those, but I understand there's some wiggle room.  I'm not exactly sure how that works.  Just don't want to screw it up...

Offline elton5354

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 17:34:14 »
They're getting ready to ship today or tomorrow.  Because of the delay, I convinced them to add a set of stabilizer for each order, so hopefully each set will get a stabilizer set each.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 17:35:00 »
They're getting ready to ship today or tomorrow.  Because of the delay, I convinced them to add a set of stabilizer for each order, so hopefully each set will get a stabilizer set each.

THANKS ELTON!!!

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 17:35:48 »

Great news!

Offline cannonking

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 17:44:25 »
Nice, they're Cherry stabs, yes?

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 17:45:37 »
already got my stabs along with some others here, but this is much appreciated nevertheless

Offline elton5354

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 17:52:23 »
Nice, they're Cherry stabs, yes?

pretty sure they are.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 18:18:25 »

Great to hear. Thanks, Elton!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 19:25:21 »
DUNDUNDUN Excited for my Duck octagons then. Each octagon will come with a set?

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 21:50:06 »
Still haven't picked up my LEDs or switches yet. Haha. Oof. Guess I should get on that.

Quick question for anyone who knows - does the plate allow switches to be opened once they're soldered?

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 21:51:43 »
Still haven't picked up my LEDs or switches yet. Haha. Oof. Guess I should get on that.

Quick question for anyone who knows - does the plate allow switches to be opened once they're soldered?
I donn't think so. My viper doesn't.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 22:01:50 »

so far I've not seen korean customs with plates that allow switch to be opened.

however, there is some boards that has somekinda 'half plate' where only the alphanumericals don't have a plate so you can open them up

Offline Digitize

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 09:23:27 »

I need to get on buying my switches too.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #382 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 09:46:08 »
anyone else waiting for Gaterons?

I just found this and I'm looking for a 75% if anyone that ordered is no longer interested, I'd possibly be willing to pick it up from you.
PM elton and ask, he said there's a chance there will be extras leftover once all the orders are accounted for

Offline swornxin

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 10:15:24 »

I donn't think so. My viper doesn't.

so far I've not seen korean customs with plates that allow switch to be opened.

however, there is some boards that has somekinda 'half plate' where only the alphanumericals don't have a plate so you can open them up

Thanks!  After swapping the springs on my Phantom (plate mounted), and testing my tools with switches on their own, it's much easier when they're mounted.

FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #384 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 11:06:23 »

You are the best!  :-*

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 11:25:36 »
I'm just worried that this will show up at a place I won't be living anymore :/

Just forward your mail. It's like $10/mo or something.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #386 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 12:00:29 »

THANKS ELTON!!!

Thanks Elton for new update :)

Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 17:49:44 »
Can't wait to finally receive these =) Thanks Elton!
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #388 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 22:27:30 »
So is it safe to assume we see these sometime next week?

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #390 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 20:42:33 »
Thank you elton!

>09:02 13-Feb-2015       INCHEON    Flight number : KE085

HYPE

Offline Data

« Reply #391 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 21:12:09 »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #392 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:07:16 »
RIP Canada Post delivery person. I'm expecting another EMS box on Monday as well, and the Octagon should arrive tomorrow evening. Process over weekends and 2 EMS boxes on Monday. :eek:

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:13:42 »
In a week, I shall be king.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #394 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 07:42:20 »
I'm glad I desoldered a bunch of switches yesterday :)

Squeeeee.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #395 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 07:47:39 »
Just got some wyse boards to desolder some vintages off.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #396 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 07:58:38 »

Nice, I'm getting some WYSE blacks from the TX1000 buy going on.  Enough for the two octagons, but not enough for my Viper.
I'm replacing the Viper's Clears with 52g Blacks from an old Tipro.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #397 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 07:58:47 »

Very goods, vintage black is more smooth than Black new but hard to find in Asia. I prefer with 59g Syrian springs, 58.5g Gon springs or 60g Sprit springs :)

Got my tracking, Many thanks Elton and Duck0113 ;)
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 February 2015, 08:01:19 by pmh1410 »
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline swornxin

« Reply #398 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 08:53:49 »
I haven't decided on switches yet. The 65g tactile greys in my Phantom are the best switches I've ever felt, but I put a black in my space so maybe I'll do 62g blacks for this build. Can't decide.

FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline elton5354

« Reply #399 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 12:52:04 »
I'm glad I desoldered a bunch of switches yesterday :)

Squeeeee.

Any extra MX Blues for me? ;)