Author Topic: Poker II capslock blinking LED - KB stopped working  (Read 5788 times)

Offline torresfelipe

Poker II capslock blinking LED - KB stopped working
« on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:36:16 »
I bought a Poker II about 4 months ago from Qtang. It was working perfectly until 15 minutes ago, when the keyboard started to behave strangely. The normal layer switched places with the FN layer, so I had to activate the later to be able to type. I thought a reset would fix that. As soon as my PC rebooted, the capslock LED turned ON. A while before Windows booted, it started to blink and I can't use the keyboard since then. Tried it on my laptop and it recognized the KB as a HYISP device, installed some drivers out of nowhere (can't find it on Device Manager) and it keeps blinking. Tried other USB ports, same problem.

Did I just lose my KB?

Offline ynrozturk

Re: Poker II capslock blinking LED - KB stopped working
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:38:05 »
Very strange, I can't say that I've had that happen to my Poker II. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can help you out.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline torresfelipe

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:26:56 »
OK, I can't believe that this worked, but here's what I've done:

I was looking for people with the same problem as mine and found a post (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50245) about Poker II firmware upgrade. After downloading the file on OP, I opened the software inside (HY USB Firmware Downloader). The manual says that this SW should've recognized my KB as a IKBC-104 but I got a ISP Mode instead. I loaded the original FW also provided by Vortex, clicked the download button aaaand...it worked! :D

I guess that my KB erased it's original FW, God knows how, and that blinking caps LED means that my KB is in some kind of DFU mode. Well, everything is fine now. Fastest unintentionally solution ever!

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:28:54 »
Glad to hear that! And thanks for the heads up, in case I or other people may need a fix. Enjoy your Poker! I love mine.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien