Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 275156 times)

Offline forevermadrigal

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #1100 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 14:31:08 »
Thesis, I really cant get in contact with them. Do you know a way I can get my shipping address changed? I'm not going to take my chances with this.

Hope this gets resolved for you :-[

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1101 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 05:52:11 »
Thesis, I really cant get in contact with them. Do you know a way I can get my shipping address changed? I'm not going to take my chances with this.

I’ll try to pass this info along, PM me the details. Do keep in mind that I can’t communicate with them directly too, or rather I don’t get replies directly.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1102 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 21:39:30 »

I’ll try to pass this info along, PM me the details. Do keep in mind that I can’t communicate with them directly too, or rather I don’t get replies directly.

No worries. Somehow I actually got a response this time around and they confirmed my address change. Thanks though!

Offline sroop

« Reply #1103 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 14:28:02 »
KIRA TKL

We will fulfill the remaining orders and remaining replacement requests in mid July.

https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-july-8th-2019

So here we are again, 18 days later and no update - I'm usually not upset by the lack of updates or setbacks but my patience is starting wear thin now.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1104 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 20:54:15 »
KIRA TKL

We will fulfill the remaining orders and remaining replacement requests in mid July.

https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-july-8th-2019

So here we are again, 18 days later and no update - I'm usually not upset by the lack of updates or setbacks but my patience is starting wear thin now.

Wish I could say I'm surprised

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #1105 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 13:17:34 »
It's almost getting silly at this point. Wouldn't have been so bothered if zFrontier were actually doing status reports.

On a brighter note, how do people that got their boards feel about it? Hope it's all you wanted it to be! Please post some photos for us that are still waiting  :)

And thanks to Thesiscamper for all work put in both designing the board and trying to communicate with zF  :thumb:

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #1106 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 14:20:31 »
From Zf's email newsletter:

Here are some long overdue projects and issues that we are striving to solve in the coming month...

Remaining Kira TKL and Meteor Kits - working on getting the replacements back

So they dont appear to have gotten them back from manufacturer yet.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1107 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 18:18:47 »
I'll keep on trying to reach both zF and EVE to understand what is really happening with the rest of the kits, I've been busy at work so I haven't been around in a while.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #1108 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 02:36:26 »
i just want my dang priority board. cuz i really like my regular one.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1109 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 10:03:56 »
From what I understand, the boards are still with EVE.
pls gief bbv2

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 18:08:13 »
Sorry guys, neither one of them has replied to my queries... I apologize for a new reply notification with no real news.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 19:06:04 »
Sorry guys, neither one of them has replied to my queries... I apologize for a new reply notification with no real news.

An update with no news is better than no update at all. Thanks for your persistence!

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 01:29:21 »
From what I understand, at this point it's not even just zFrontier, but also EVE who's become quite unreliable in their communication...
pls gief bbv2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1113 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 10:02:53 »
From what I understand, at this point it's not even just zFrontier, but also EVE who's become quite unreliable in their communication...

It took over a year to get MIRA replacements. EVE has been running GBs in china with no problems too.

:Thinking:
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 12:13:25 »

It took over a year to get MIRA replacements. EVE has been running GBs in china with no problems too.

:Thinking:

At this point it’s obvious the could care less about what happens with our buys. I don’t understand why people continue to support this trash company

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 13:23:00 »
Yeah, I wasn't aware of the issues with Eve/zFrontier buys. Needless to say, this is my last buy from them.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1116 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:57:57 »
Some news, finally. EVE said the reworked sets should be ready to ship today (Friday in Asia). He said the original anodizing shop closed down, banned for not adhering to pollution standards if I understand it correctly... and that their government has been cracking down on these businesses and it has slowed things down a lot. The chat was a mixture of Google translate and vague statements so I might have misunderstood some points.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1117 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 21:46:15 »
Some news, finally. EVE said the reworked sets should be ready to ship today (Friday in Asia). He said the original anodizing shop closed down, banned for not adhering to pollution standards if I understand it correctly... and that their government has been cracking down on these businesses and it has slowed things down a lot. The chat was a mixture of Google translate and vague statements so I might have misunderstood some points.

this is the same thing he said last time there was a big delay like this

but honestly it's consistent with other things i've been hearing so i'd buy it

at least things are moving
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlindWitness

« Reply #1118 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 20:43:36 »
For the folks that have gotten their Kira, have any you found any issues with your PCB? It looks like I got lucky here https://imgur.com/a/xpA5WtT

Think it's worth reaching back out to zFrontier or see if I could take my chances with a hineybush PCB at this point? Highly doubt I'll be able to find a spare original out in the wild.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2019, 20:51:08 by BlindWitness »

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #1119 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 21:12:49 »
For the folks that have gotten their Kira, have any you found any issues with your PCB? It looks like I got lucky here
Show Image
https://imgur.com/a/xpA5WtT

Think it's worth reaching back out to zFrontier or see if I could take my chances with a hineybush PCB at this point? Highly doubt I'll be able to find a spare original out in the wild.
Do you mean unlucky? Anywho, I got two pcbs' and they were both fine. My issue was with the tight threading.

Offline BlindWitness

« Reply #1120 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 21:20:34 »
For the folks that have gotten their Kira, have any you found any issues with your PCB? It looks like I got lucky here
Show Image

Do you mean unlucky? Anywho, I got two pcbs' and they were both fine. My issue was with the tight threading.

Sarcasm over the internet never works well haha. Was looking forward to building tonight but looks like I'll just be waiting on zFrontier again

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 11:31:44 »
Show Image

dead diodes, just replace em and it should be good as new

can't hurt to reach out to zf tho

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1122 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 14:01:06 »
If nothing works, h87a is perfect for this board

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #1123 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 22:32:59 »
Do you know if the hiney fr4 plates are also compatible?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1124 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 00:53:45 »

No idea honestly. It would be cool to try though

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1125 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 09:34:12 »

i'm about 80% sure this board just uses jane/orion plate, so it should work

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 09:40:01 »

i'm about 80% sure this board just uses jane/orion plate, so it should work

Im about 100% sure pudsy doesn't know what the hell hes talking about 80% of the time. Be gone rat.

and no this board does not fit the jane plates

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 10:48:47 »

next time bring pictures

plate file might be a bit tough to pin down for this one

for reference, here is a jane/orion(v1 or 2, 3 doesn't have the big tab) plate

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2019, 10:51:44 by Puddsy »

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #1128 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 01:02:27 »
Does anybody have an unwanted plate that I could buy?
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 September 2019, 00:50:22 by iEatPuppers »

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1129 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 05:42:42 »
Any news if they've actually shipped?
pls gief bbv2

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 20:57:17 »
Any news if they've actually shipped?

I just had a short chat with EVE and he told me he shipped the parts and the shipment is on its way. He stopped replying after I asked when it will reach zFrontier.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #1131 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 17:22:28 »
this is a real drag i want my priority board, im using the hell out of my regular kira80.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1132 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 00:20:43 »
After boarderline harassment from me, I have squeezed a vague update out of Alex Lin by going to the china ZF site and using their support channels to force an email out of Alex. This is what I received:

"Kira boards are still going out. But I cannot ship them out without EVE shipping the brass weights back to me. They delayed the weight's shipping for months :("

"I am currently contacting EVE to check on the shipping status. Hopefully he will get back to me soon."

It seems like there is contradictory info coming from both parties. Would love to know what is actually going on with this!

Offline idlemao

« Reply #1133 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 10:12:35 »
Anyone have a numpad to sell?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline SBN

« Reply #1134 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 10:25:46 »
Mhm...really sad that the communication is so difficult and even conflicting sometimes...

Wasn’t completely satisfied with my Moon from Eve and my Grid600 from zfrontier got lost and they didn’t insure it... Guess I’ll pass every Gb from these two from now on. But thanks to Thesis for the great design and thanks for trying to get us new info and our boards. Hopefully the wait will be worth it in the end.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1135 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 12:37:47 »
After boarderline harassment from me, I have squeezed a vague update out of Alex Lin by going to the china ZF site and using their support channels to force an email out of Alex. This is what I received:

"Kira boards are still going out. But I cannot ship them out without EVE shipping the brass weights back to me. They delayed the weight's shipping for months :("

"I am currently contacting EVE to check on the shipping status. Hopefully he will get back to me soon."

It seems like there is contradictory info coming from both parties. Would love to know what is actually going on with this!

Doing god's work, getting some info. There's no way they don't realize that this level of communication is ridiculous. Man, I just really want this board and for this nightmare roller coaster to end.

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #1136 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 12:40:47 »
This just occurred to me today - I initially ordered this board almost 15 months ago. Hopeful that we won't hit the 1.5 years mark.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1137 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 13:09:11 »
So I replied to his email linking thesiscampers latest update and told him:

"According to EVE, he has shipped these parts to you (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96381.msg2806377#msg2806377)"

and Alex replied with:

"We did not receive any shipping update from him until now:

EVE just told me that he will be shipping the parts to me after this weekend. I will keep bugging him on the process."

A little progress I guess? EVE and Alex both seem to be full of ****. It also shows that ALEX IS READING THIS THREAD AND NOT UPDATING US ON PURPOSE

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 September 2019, 20:58:24 by redbanshee »

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1138 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 19:15:28 »
I'm genuinely confused, like really really curious. Is it truly that difficult to update us on the status of the boards after a bunch of people spend $400+ on it and it passes the deadline for shipment? I mean, I really want to know their reasoning behind their lack of communication. Do they really have 0 time in the span of an entire year to post a 2 or 3 sentence update?

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #1139 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 09:34:09 »
Just imagine how much sooner we'd have these boards if everybody would have paid their invoices from the start, at the first original GB attempt. I mean I'm glad we got another chance, just wish that it wasn't picked up by z(start more GB's before finishing previous ones)Frontier.

In 14 days it's been a year since zF got my money. Right now it feels like they're just keeping them. Why finalize GB's when you can just start new ones and keep that money train going? Choo choo!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1140 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 16:11:19 »
I just wanted to point something out, all these people bad mouthing Zfrontier should really stop. I get people are frustrated and what not, but this is the bottom line.

ZFrontier rep is destroyed
Most People are WAY past any buyer protection
ZFrontier is China based

I mean if ZFrontier decided to say screw it, people have zero recourse. I mean zero, you really can't sue them and who want to. Could file a legal dispute against them maybe. Though there international. I guess you could post there name everywhere but its to late for that. I mean hope people get there board's but maybe people want to back off the hate train. Since things could be a LOT LOT LOT worse.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1141 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 16:20:43 »
I just wanted to point something out, all these people bad mouthing Zfrontier should really stop. I get people are frustrated and what not, but this is the bottom line.

ZFrontier is China based

I mean if ZFrontier decided to say screw it, people have zero recourse. I mean zero, you really can't sue them and who want to. Could file a legal dispute against them maybe. Though there international. I guess you could post there name everywhere but its to late for that. I mean hope people get there board's but maybe people want to back off the hate train. Since things could be a LOT LOT LOT worse.

So people should stop because they have no legal recourse? You realize how silly that sounds, right?

To be perfectly frank, if zfrontier communicated in threads, answered emails, tried in any way to communicate with their buyers, they wouldn't be getting bad-mouthed and their reputation wouldn't be garbage.

Any Zfrontier has brough the bad talking on themselves. Being in another country isn't an excuse.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 September 2019, 18:26:10 by clik_clak »

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1142 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 19:43:12 »
Since things could be a LOT LOT LOT worse.

Every single ounce of negative press is earned by ZF in this situation. Their international management is negligent in tons of ways.

Ive been scammed many times over the years in this hobby (including Ivan). Literally the only "recourse" we have is to smear a ****ty company's name so people will stop doing business with them. Dont take some holier then thou stance trying to defend a company that is pulling this type of ****, when you do, this keeps happening.

The funny thing is, is that ZF is much bigger in china and actually cares about their reputation there. When you goto the china ZF site the employees are responsive and will actually help you. Its the american staff that is dropping the ball here and everyone needs to see exactly where the blame lies.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1143 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 19:56:07 »

ZFrontier is China based

So people should stop because they have no legal recourse? You realize how silly that sounds, right?

To be perfectly frank, if zfrontier communicated in threads, answered emails, tried in any way to communicate with their buyers, they wouldn't be getting bad-mouthed and their reputation wouldn't be garbage.

Any Zfrontier has brough the bad talking on themselves. Being in another country isn't an excuse.

Since things could be a LOT LOT LOT worse.

Every single ounce of negative press is earned by ZF in this situation. Their international management is negligent in tons of ways.

Ive been scammed many times over the years in this hobby (including Ivan). Literally the only "recourse" we have is to smear a ****ty company's name so people will stop doing business with them. Dont take some holier then thou stance trying to defend a company that is pulling this type of ****, when you do, this keeps happening.

The funny thing is, is that ZF is much bigger in china and actually cares about their reputation there. When you goto the china ZF site the employees are responsive and will actually help you. Its the american staff that is dropping the ball here and everyone needs to see exactly where the blame lies.

I think you both missed the point, the point wasn't they don't deserve it just that .. they have no reason to fill the group buy anymore. They could wash there hands walk away from the American market and people will just be straight up SOL. Kinda what Mechkeys.ca most likely just did to JTK hyperfuse group buy and there other group buys.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1144 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 20:50:48 »
I think you both missed the point, the point wasn't they don't deserve it just that .. they have no reason to fill the group buy anymore. They could wash there hands walk away from the American market and people will just be straight up SOL. Kinda what Mechkeys.ca most likely just did to JTK hyperfuse group buy and there other group buys.

Somehow I cant imagine an international company registered for tax in multiple countries would dip on customers like your trying to say could happen in this situation. It wont.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1145 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 21:36:37 »

Somehow I cant imagine an international company registered for tax in multiple countries would dip on customers like your trying to say could happen in this situation. It wont.

Isn't Alex (the ZF US rep) in Cali anyways? If that's the case, they are most definitely doing business in the US.

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #1146 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 10:59:09 »

ZFrontier is China based

So just because we aren’t getting scammed (yet), we are not allowed to complain? Because they might hold our boards hostage if we badmouth them?

Jesus, what kind of logic is that? If they are the type of business to entertain the idea of scamming us, then it’s probably best for the community to see them for what they are - though personally I don’t think they are that dodgy.

Imho most participants have been very understanding about the delays, but I simply feel like everyone’s patience is running low at this point.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1147 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 22:45:47 »
Any updates?...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1148 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 02:28:14 »
Any updates?...

EVE just told me minutes ago that zF has received the shipment. Alex hasn’t replied to my messages for months, I’ll probably try their local chat groups. I can’t confirm this update at the moment.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1149 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 05:26:46 »
There's some communication and things appear to be moving. I'll take that over complete radio silence. Thanks for being a trooper thesis!
pls gief bbv2