Author Topic: Where have all the ambidextrous (true) buttons on both sides mice gone?  (Read 5378 times)

Offline atarione

If I search amazon one more time for "ambidextrous" gaming mouse ... and it shows me some stupid side buttons on the left only bs again... I am going to get verrrrry angry (let alone how many actually right handed mice it shows...)       But I have been looking around and it seems like about 3yrs ago everyone forgot left handed people exist?   Blah blah Logitech G Pro... yes I have seen it and I am ****ing thrilled about it... but I don't like it, what is more I shouldn't have to ****ing like it as left handed people exist we are a thing.   

ATM I am using a Steelseries Sensei Ten (which I like fine.. but I not sure if Steelseries is still making it?) and what I actually want now is a newer Wireless (BT ideally) gaming mouse that is actually ambidextrous, by mirroring side buttons on both sides...

The KEY reason for this is while I am Left handed I switch back and forth between left and right hand for the mouse depending on what I am doing... (shut up  :)) it works for me.)      Additionally the reason I need this is I have nerve damage in my right hand (ring / index fingers) due to injury and ergo mice are incredibly uncomfortable / painful to use as the ergo designs cause these nerve damaged areas to contact the mouse shell which creates weird and unpleasant sensation / pain..

Am I missing something what current (decent sensor / build quality ..wireless) truly ambidextrous mice are any of you all aware of that I may not have found?

Because it was very cheap ($35~) I currently am waiting on a Legion M600 (not the newer better sensor M600s ..because in their wisdom Lenovo made the M600s ****ing right  handed).      I have big hands and after looking at reviews (from 3yrs ago...because left handed people went extinct in 2020 apparently?) I am hopeful the M600 may meet my needs for the time being?

Sorry for the frustrated tone.. but being left handed can be a real PITA ...
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 September 2023, 17:27:27 by atarione »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Where have all the ambidextrous (true) buttons on both sides mice gone?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 14:35:27 »
I have stockpiled half a dozen MicroSoft Wheel Mouse Opticals (mostly beige, the black ones are more rare).

I am right-handed but keep mice on both sides. My complaint is that there are no good left-hand "vertical" mice. I like the Anker which is more of a "diagonal" than a vertical. but it only comes right ....

"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline atarione

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 17:33:03 »
I have stockpiled half a dozen MicroSoft Wheel Mouse Opticals (mostly beige, the black ones are more rare).

I am right-handed but keep mice on both sides. My complaint is that there are no good left-hand "vertical" mice. I like the Anker which is more of a "diagonal" than a vertical. but it only comes right ....

I don't know if I have any of the M$ Optical mice around anymore, I used to have 2x of them but not sure what happened to them?... (Too much stuff in boxes in general. =\) well yeah I liked those back in the day for sure.
yeah... I have 3x Sensei mice about here and a Zowie most of which are in pretty good shape (one sensei is kinda worn.. but it works)...  depending on how this Legion M600 works out I may get another of these or another Sensei ten to keep NIB as another spare?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 October 2023, 07:22:36 »
You also have the GPro (not the SUper Light) - last I checked, it has the buttons on both sides.  Most of the time now, Ambidextrous is only in shape - try searching "True Ambidextrous"  and see if more options appear, I know there are not a ton of optionsout there now.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D