Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up  (Read 304587 times)

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
[GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up
« on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 03:05:25 »

Southpaw Extended 65%. Six months in the making, we're finally at the group buy stage. NA orders go through me, EU orders go through candykeys, and asia orders go through KP. Links below

North America: switchplate.co
European Union: candykeys.com
Asia and Oceania: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=561011231718
For non-Chinese speaking customers in the Asia and Oceania region, Order through the NA website. Orders will be shipped directly to you from china and you will be billed for shipping separately. Check post on second page for estimates and instructions

FORMS FOR EXTRAS HEREhttps://goo.gl/forms/zFdTVwHD8Pjqf1rp2 Extras are FCFS. Wednesday June 20th 12:00am PST

PROGRAMMING GUIDE HERE: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92344.msg2625784#msg2625784

An Alps+MX 65% board with a left hand number pad. Designed for maximum workspace fluidity, with centered alphanumerics and a full number pad without the compromise of pushing the mouse outwards. Full ISO support with flexible layout options that include a left handed arrow cluster, split backspace, and a full 4x5 macropad in the place of the numpad. Case options with pricing that spans across the board.

Layouts below. PCB Mounted Stabs only. For those with alps concerns, I'm working on an insert for PCB Mount cherry stabs that work with alps keycaps. Hopefully those will be done before this ships and I can throw some in.

Aluminum Case - Complete Kits starting at $210.00. Inc. both risers; 4 and 9 degrees.

Revisions:

USB opening revised to take all USB cables

Matching chamfer added to bottom edge

Support tabs milled into the corners of the case

Rear leg of 9 degree riser redesigned for new rubber pads

Bottom of case milled for rubber pad recess for use with cone feet

Both 4 and 9 degree risers now sit flush with the chamfer on the edge of the case

Both risers now have the front mount thread in from the bottom. This was done as there was not enough material on the risers to form strong enough threads if threaded from the top

Note that rubber feet for the keyboard will be included. They will most likely be the translucent thin material as opposed to the thicker crosshatched black material.

Integrated Case - Complete Kits for $107.50

Revisions:
- Drilled/Slotted for cone feet to give a 10ish degree angle
- Holes for diffuser removed

Bent Plate - Complete Kits for $91.50.

Builds into something like this: (75% board as an example)

Timeline looks to be around 6-9 weeks for production with a week in between a sorting/shipping time of 1-4 weeks.

Primary target is 100 units which is MOQ for the PCB. Interest check yields around 225 responses so everything looks good so far.

MOQ, and all other details listed on the main GB page on switchplate.co

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 23:20:06 by reconsiderit »
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Accepting orders until December 1st
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 20:19:20 »
UPDATES BELOW

- Decmber Update 1 - 12/3/17 - We're now done with the GB and have stopped taking orders. I am discussing MOQ with the vendor at the moment to see if we can convince the factories to produce a number of items that are not quite at MOQ. Most of the bent steel stuff has made it though and we're waiting to hear back on anodization and if we'll be able to anodize all the items that fall under a single color in one bath to make them available. As far as items that didn't meet MOQ, I'm in the process of emailing everyone who had something that didn't quite make it to production. If you're one of those people, you'll have the option of choosing another option or taking a full refund.

- January Update 1 - 1/13/18  -  I've been a little busy so apologies for the lack of delays but everything is going smoothly. We are still on track for the Mid February / Early March Ship date for all orders. Laser cut plates, bent plates, integrated cases and PCBs will be finished sometime later this month and should be packed and ready to ship to the US by the last week of this month. Aluminum cases are due a little later on the week before Lunar New Year and will be shipping mid-February if everything goes to plan and no delays are encountered.

The risers for the aluminum cases have undergone a small change that will not affect functionality. The front and rear edges that meet the case will be ever so slightly rounded with a .2mm fillet as to retain the anodization during handling. We've worked with the factory to produce a small batch of these updated cases before the production time that was secured so there will be a small run of these shipped to us later this month to check everything over and if there aren't any issues, we'll continue with production and complete the cases as scheduled.

- January Update 2 - 1/16/18  -  Just got some pictures from the factory and progress looks good. Small hitch with anodization as a result of issues with the fixtures, but that's been cleared up and the cases are being replaced. We're just a month or so away from the start of shipping so hang tight. I can promise everyone that this will be worth the wait.

- January Update 3 - 1/30/18  - So I was notified yesterday of a delay with the PCB production. The factory that will be doing the SMD work will be closing on the 5th (originally the 10th) because of an inspection that came up right before the CNY break that they had planned so they went ahead and gave everyone a longer vacation and moved the time slot for our PCBs to after their CNY break which lasts to the first week of March. Judging from production last time, it should take about a week and a half from the start of production to packaging, which then they'll be shipped. We're looking at a fulfillment start time of early/mid march. I'll get another update out as soon as that date nears and we get some concrete dates.

On the other hand, everything save for the anodizing of the CNC cases is finished.  I'm getting those shipped to me ahead of time to do a through QC on everything since I'll have some extra time now that we have to wait on the PCBs. As soon as those arrive, it's full speed ahead on packing and shipping everyone's orders.

- February Update 1 - 2/22/18  -  Just wanted to keep everyone up to date, but I'm waiting to hear back from my contact this week since everyone is on their CNY break. Everything save for the PCBs should be packed and ready to go once everything starts running again.

- March Update 1 - 3/1/18  -  Just received an email from my contact who is organizing the production and everything but the PCBs are either at or on the way to the warehouse. As far as PCBs are concerned, we are just waiting on PCB assembly. There was a minor discrepancy in start time and it turns out that they're starting back up on the 2nd of March (tomorrow) and will complete the PCBs on March 9th (Friday of next week) a little later than expected. I'm expecting that they'll have things consolidated and ready to ship overseas around a week after they are finished so I'm pushing the dates back just to be safe. The schedule as it stands now looks as follows. I will still need to get shipping finalized to the US as I don't have any sizes or weights for the bulk packages yet so I'm hoping that won't take long. All dates that are not TBD are concrete.

- March 9 - Complete PCB SMD assembly
- March 16 - Completion of packing and consolidating components
- Late March (TBD) - Bulk order ships to US/EU
- Late March / Early April (TBD) - Sort, QC and ship out to customers
- Mid/Late April (TBD) - Finish orders requiring assembly

- March Update 2 - 3/26/18 - The checking at the consolidation warehouse was just finished later than expected and will be shipped to me on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. It'll be around 6 days from Beijing to San Francisco and I'll need a day or two to double check the bulk order, but I should be able to start shipping right after that since everything else (stabs, switches, etc...) have already been sorted ahead of time.

- March 30 - Dispatch of bulk order from Beijing
- April 5-7 - Receiving of bulk order
- Mid April - Pack and ship all orders
- Mid-Late April - Assemble and Ship all boards. Complete Group Buy

- April Update 2 - 4/24/18
Bit the bullet and am shipping the bulk order with SF express. Shipment has been dispatched to the SF express warehouse and should be on the plane tomorrow.

- May Update 1 - 5/2/18
Received one of the nine packages with the grey and black aluminum cases today. Some QC issues. Will update as I hear back from the factory. Good new though is that the anodization looks amazing on the cases.

- Week of May 7th - QC, count and sort boards
- April 14-25 - Pack and ship all orders that do not require assembly
- Late May - Early June - Complete boards that need assembly

- May Update 2 - 5/10/18

ooohh kayy sh*t hit the fan. Pending updated schedule.

May 5th Update  -  Major

So as some of you guys on discord have heard last night that there are some pretty major issues (in my eyes at least) with the project and I would like everyone to have an idea of what’s going on. I received the items on Friday of last week and immediately realized that there were a few things that were quite off. Because there were a number of people involved, it’s not certain where the files were adjusted but there’s just a lack of accountability in the situation so if anything needs to be redone, I’m willing to dig into my own pockets to make things right since want to make something that you guys can enjoy and be happy with. 

There were also features discussed  that didn’t get revised onto the final items and that part of things is being negotiated with the vendor that’s working as a middleman for all the production. I’ll keep everyone updated as something is worked out. All of the issues are listed below. Album of issues is here: https://imgur.com/a/QVQeZGq

PCBs
- Magnetic reset switch soldered to the underside of the PCB. It’s advisable for all cases and required for the aluminum case that this be cut off or resoldered on the top side. If you decide to just cut it, you can short the reset from the topside.
- Solder Mask was done in white instead of black. Vendor claimed to not have seen my email about doing a white solder mask and aren’t willing to fix it. 
- Missing vertical ISO Enter for alps. This will not affect you if you’re planning on using an adapter or are planning on using DCS or DSA alps caps. If you’re planning to build a board up with alps, I urge you to email me about it.

Aluminum Cases
- Some blem (b-stock cases) in the run that was shipped to me. For the most part though, the anodizing came out amazing.
- Rubber pads were never manufactured. This was discussed but same issue as white solder mask. I will most likely have them done and send them out to everyone at a later date. I’ll be throwing bumpons in with if you choose to have your board shipped asap.

Plates
- Some plates were hastily cut. The cut lines on some of the plates look as if the DXF was drawn in MS Paint.
- About 60-80 percent of plates were mangled in transit. Partially because the vendor wrapped them together with shrink wrap and packed them in a single sheet of bubble wrap.
- DXF cut file was altered somewhere along the line and the edges are insanely thin. This will be fixed when new ones are made.

Bent Plates
- File was changed somewhere along the line and nobody wants to claim responsibility. Completely an aesthetical change, but I personally am pretty pissed about it.

Enclosed Steel case
- Screw holes on plate section weren’t removed
- Holes for cone feet were never cut.
- Some cases have fit issues and do not sit level on the ground.

Alright, so now for the important part.

I know everyone has been waiting a damn ridiculous amount of time for these so I’ll have a few options for you guys to choose from.

For bent plates and integrated cases, since the discrepancy in manufacturing is 100% aesthetical and doesn’t at all affect function, (save for the holes for the cone feet and cases that have allignment issues) I will give you the option to either take the one that’s here at the moment or to wait for the new units to be manufactured.The one condition to be met for remanufacturing though is that we need a certain number of units in order to make manufacturing them viable. Probably will be something along the lines of 10-20 units with a one to two month lead time.

For orders with aluminum cases and standalone plates, it’s a slightly different situation. A large majority of the plates came damaged and after QC, most either qualify as b-stock or belong with recyclable aluminum cans. Because most of you guys won’t be building plateless boards and probably don’t want to resolder, I have Three options as far as plates go.
-  I can send you a b- stock plate and issue a partial refund. These plates are useable, but they’re not ultra straight. Keep in mind plates will straighten out when you mount and solder switches. As this is tray mount, the plate doesn’t as much contribute to the feel of the board as it does stability of the switches.
-  I can refund you for the plate in full and you can build the board up plateless. Keep in mind that you’ll need PCB mount switches to build it up like this and you’ll have marginally more wobble with certain switches.
-  You can wait for the plates to be redone. This will be around a month or two. One thing though is that if the factory can’t give me a 100% guarantee that plates will come out perfect, I’ll be going to a different factory that’s been used for some really really high end customs and having them make the plates. With the secondary option, I have doubts of the colors being 100% perfect, but I personally value function over form.

I might or might not have enough A stock cases to cover every single color. (I’m about 75 or 80 percent through QC and I know that there’s one case color where there aren’t enough A stock cases) If there aren’t enough A stock cases for your selected color, I can do one of three things.
-  I can send you the blem case with the partial refund. I’ll be sending everyone images of the exact case they’ll be receiving so there aren’t any unwelcome surprises.
-  You can opt to wait for the cases to be redone. 1-2 month wait.

Final Notes
I am really sorry that this is once again delayed. I will be doing future projects with my own manufacturing and resources (some of them which have manufactured customs and higher end boards before) and local designers to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. This will also help lower prices from here on out since I will no longer be going through a middleman of sorts. As for this situation specifically, send inquiries for order change to contact@switchplate.co and I will take note of what you would like to do with your order and process it accordingly. These decisions will be final as I will be allocating items accordingly to b-stock for those that wanted extras as soon as I process your order. For general questions, please use the comments here or the GH thread so I can get an idea of what everyone wants. I’ll try to answer them promptly here, on GH and discord. Replies might be a little slow, but I’m damn busy this week with APs and Finals at school so if I don’t respond within 12 hours, definitely feel free to resend the message. Keep your eyes out for another update on the website and the GH thread as discussions with the vendor and QC finishes up.

Link to sign up for update emails:  https://switchplate.us17.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=618cf646781228a46f5914218&id=3fc437233f
Link to GH Thread:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92344.0
Link to project page on website: https://switchplate.co/collections/southpaw-extended-65-group-buy
Order changes only, use threads and discord for general questions:  contact@switchplate.co
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 May 2018, 01:09:23 by reconsiderit »
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 22:23:46 »
Can’t wait to join! Will this be on any Asian GB forums like Taobao? Want to save on shipping

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 23:59:30 »
Looking forward to it

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 00:05:35 »
wanted to keep track of this cause seriously thinking might need one as the ultimate MMO gaming board. I am thinking since its QMK.. programmable.. I can set up the num pad as a micro pad. Then re-map  the keys to be numbers plus wasd and any other skills I use! thought eliminating the need for the crappy MMO mouse that I really don't like. I a quick question is the cases your selling the aluminum ones are MOQ per case are all cases as far as color goes?
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 00:11:09 by HotRoderX »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:40:53 »
Top quality post <3

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:52:08 »
Any idea when the EU proxy will be open for orders? 

I'm sitting here like

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:58:46 »

I'm sitting here like

Show Image

Reddit had in the next few days. That candykey's on one holiday.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 04:00:10 »

I'm sitting here like

Show Image

Reddit had in the next few days. That candykey's on one holiday.
Ah okay, thanks! :)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 11:16:28 »
Could you link to the sites in OP please?

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:13:03 »
Is the PCB SMD-led compatible?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 19:38:04 »
wanted to keep track of this cause seriously thinking might need one as the ultimate MMO gaming board. I am thinking since its QMK.. programmable.. I can set up the num pad as a micro pad. Then re-map  the keys to be numbers plus wasd and any other skills I use! thought eliminating the need for the crappy MMO mouse that I really don't like. I a quick question is the cases your selling the aluminum ones are MOQ per case are all cases as far as color goes?

It comes on TMK and will have a preset on tkg.io but you can port it to QMK as far as I am concerned. I'll have to try it out when I have time.

The aluminum ones have MOQ set by color since those are the minimum number of cases the factory is willing to anodize at a given time.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 19:58:21 »
Can’t wait to join! Will this be on any Asian GB forums like Taobao? Want to save on shipping

Asia proxy is up and running. Check the link at the top

switchplate.co

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:30:43 »

It comes on TMK and will have a preset on tkg.io but you can port it to QMK as far as I am concerned. I'll have to try it out when I have time.

The aluminum ones have MOQ set by color since those are the minimum number of cases the factory is willing to anodize at a given time.

Thanks and QMK sounds like it most likely be as easy to setup I think been to that site before. As long as its semi easy to program. Cause I want to setup the left side with arrow key's + number keys from the top.. perhaps some other strange Additional keys. Thanks ok I keep track of what numbers are what cause... there a couple of case colors I really like. I am sure they will all hit MOT. There is one other question I wanted to ask will the PCB/Plate Support Screw in stabs and also plate mounted stabs? That way I can plan what I need to buy! Thanks I be watching this extremely closely the more I think about ditching my razor mouse! the happier I become.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:44:44 »

Thanks and QMK sounds like it most likely be as easy to setup I think been to that site before. As long as its semi easy to program. Cause I want to setup the left side with arrow key's + number keys from the top.. perhaps some other strange Additional keys. Thanks ok I keep track of what numbers are what cause... there a couple of case colors I really like. I am sure they will all hit MOT. There is one other question I wanted to ask will the PCB/Plate Support Screw in stabs and also plate mounted stabs? That way I can plan what I need to buy! Thanks I be watching this extremely closely the more I think about ditching my razor mouse! the happier I become.

The tmk firmware can be done on a variant of that same site, here: http://kb.sized.io/

TMK is a branch of QMK and afaik, some of the pins on the ATmega32u4 are mapped a little differently so you would need to look at that. This board runs off of the kimera controller designed by Kai Ryu and it's easiest to use TKG which is basically the same thing, but without the visuals. I'll have the matrix mapping up as soon as I can.

The plates don't take plate mount stabs because of how it's a universal plate for all the layouts. Screw and snap-in stabs will work for this.

switchplate.co

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:54:46 »
IF i didn't want to order through taobao, could the aussies buy off the NA shop as well?

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 22:02:57 »
Hey, this looks awesome and our timelines match! GLWS guys

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 00:06:56 »
IF i didn't want to order through taobao, could the aussies buy off the NA shop as well?

Yeah, that works too. Just keep in mind shipping will be a little higher

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 00:10:46 »
Is the PCB SMD-led compatible?

The PCB is not per-key SMD LED compatible. There are SMD LEDs for the underglow though. 

switchplate.co

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 00:17:06 »
I am really sorry I am asking so many questions so this board has SMD LED's but the CNC cases don't have any acrylic on them. Also how does order from the NA site work do you get charge right them are charged once the group buy goes life!.

Then I have one more question the bent case is the only one that would offer SMD Shine thought guessing from what I can see... how sturdy would that case be and how study would the USB connector be? I never used bent plate but kinda like the idea of having the SMD shine thought. Also whats the weight like on a bent case. Once again sorry like 300 questions

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:51:29 »
Wait... On the site it says   

The PCB comes fully pre-soldered and in a green color.

I thought the PCB would be black or white?

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 14:21:37 »
Looking good, in for an integrated steel case & pcb, how will the holes on the integrated case be for the cone feet? 2 seperate holes for 8 & 11deg?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:26:23 »
Looking good, in for an integrated steel case & pcb, how will the holes on the integrated case be for the cone feet? 2 seperate holes for 8 & 11deg?

I'll have them cut it as a slot in the same fashion as the CNC case. The angles are a really rough estimate, but I'll see if I can measure them again sometime today.

switchplate.co

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:33:14 »
What a pretty board. Been looking to retire my Filco and this may be the board to do it

Offline omuerte

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:46:03 »
Can I submit a second order for add-on parts later during the group buy? I know I'd like to buy the bent plate & PCB kit + stabilizers but I'm not sure what switches I'd like to go with yet.
Click Clack

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:24:49 »
No acrylic on the cases?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:15:29 »
No acrylic on the cases?

Just on the bent plate. The integrated case is closed all around and the aluminum case is CNC'd from a single block, so no acrylic on those.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:16:55 »
Can I submit a second order for add-on parts later during the group buy? I know I'd like to buy the bent plate & PCB kit + stabilizers but I'm not sure what switches I'd like to go with yet.

Best if you submit the whole order at one time. Makes organization much easier for me.  :thumb:

switchplate.co

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:26:02 »
No acrylic on the cases?

Just on the bent plate. The integrated case is closed all around and the aluminum case is CNC'd from a single block, so no acrylic on those.
I sent an email on this but since you're in here, it says on the website that you will be restocking the EEPW84 aluminum cases at the end of the month. Is that including the black ones with acrylic insert?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 01:32:02 »
What color will the pcb be?

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 01:59:02 »
count me in :thumb: . I am taking somewhat of a gamble with the raw case i feel. I prefer the look of the raw over the colors, so i tried doing some research as to how raw aluminum would hold up over time i.e corrosion resilience/discoloration but wasn't completely sure. I figure i could give vinyl wrapping a try later down the line if it begins to lose its good looks.

Anyone have experience or input with handling AI raw?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:41:53 »
count me in :thumb: . I am taking somewhat of a gamble with the raw case i feel. I prefer the look of the raw over the colors, so i tried doing some research as to how raw aluminum would hold up over time i.e corrosion resilience/discoloration but wasn't completely sure. I figure i could give vinyl wrapping a try later down the line if it begins to lose its good looks.

Don't quote me on this but couldn't you just use clear coat on it? I would think that protect it but once again I don't know. I just know you can clear coat most things to protect them against issues.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:45:28 »

I had a pok3r alu case that I sand blasted to raw alu. It looses a little shine over time but generally looks awesome.
I'm also getting the raw case, I think it looks great, and with a raw case you can always have it sanded, sand blasted, anodized or brushed later if it starts to look boring. I like the look of pls metal though.

I really wish there were a brass plate in the gb.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:09:56 »
No acrylic on the cases?

I sent an email on this but since you're in here, it says on the website that you will be restocking the EEPW84 aluminum cases at the end of the month. Is that including the black ones with acrylic insert?

Just got to that email, but yes, it should be the black with the acrylic insert. iirc, we should have one or two of those when they come.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:11:43 »

PCB will be white. I was a little concerned that it would stand out through the openings in the plate, but with the sentraq s65+ that I got last week, that doesn't seem to be the case so we'll definetly be going with white so that the underglow is a little more vibrant since it reflects a little better than the black PCB... or so it should.

switchplate.co

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:12:44 »

PCB will be white. I was a little concerned that it would stand out through the openings in the plate, but with the sentraq s65+ that I got last week, that doesn't seem to be the case so we'll definetly be going with white so that the underglow is a little more vibrant since it reflects a little better than the black PCB... or so it should.
Awesome! That's great news. FYI the CandyKeys website says it will be green.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:15:17 »

I had a raw mountain bike frame a few months back and it seemed to hold it's color pretty well. It was around 3 or 4 years old and was pretty much ridden in the rain and mud by the old owner and it doesn't look tarnished. The color of the aluminum was definitely different though. It developed the usual bluish oxidization which gives a frosted look of sorts but maintains the texture and all.

Just keep in mind that this was on a mountain bike, exposed to water, mud, and probably left in the elements from time to time.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:15:56 »

Awesome! That's great news. FYI the CandyKeys website says it will be green.

Ah, I'll talk to david at candykeys about that and get it fixed asap. Thanks for the heads up!

switchplate.co

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 05:47:17 »
Looking forward to pairing Southpaw with Laser. I bet I'm not the only one. I think it would go really well together with the black alu case.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 05:59:21 »
Looking forward to pairing Southpaw with Laser. I bet I'm not the only one. I think it would go really well together with the black alu case.
I was originally planning this, cause laser has so many awesome keys you can put on the extra places on this layout, but then I got godspeed from the keything massdrop had a few days ago so now I'm doing a godspeed build I guess :)

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 06:15:30 »
curious why you don't have paypal as an option or at least I didn't see it.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 16:38:25 »

This. I will probably buy into this if PP becomes an option; just easier to use my balance.

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 19:56:05 »
I was originally planning this, cause laser has so many awesome keys you can put on the extra places on this layout, but then I got godspeed from the keything massdrop had a few days ago so now I'm doing a godspeed build I guess :)

That was my initial plan but ended up deciding on this with Nautilus, currently trying to talk myself out of Gmk Laser (Kobe+Blocknet) but its not working so well  :))

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 21:16:27 »

This. I will probably buy into this if PP becomes an option; just easier to use my balance.

The issue with paypal is that the funds are withheld for 30 days after the transaction goes through which adds another 5 weeks to the GB timeline since I'm at the cap for this month from selling a bike to a someone. Didn't think of this when I was selling the bike  :(

If you would like, I can go ahead and send you a paypal invoice and have you pay that, then manually enter an order into the system. This would mean I would have to put some of my own money from my bank account into the buy then waiting for the payment to clear and then replacing it, but not too keen on doing that.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 21:18:01 »

Joined the laser GB today. Pretty crazy how it's already hit the third price break, but it's gonna be a long wait... the GB hasn't even closed yet.

switchplate.co

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 01:12:58 »

Joined the laser GB today. Pretty crazy how it's already hit the third price break, but it's gonna be a long wait... the GB hasn't even closed yet.
I'm trying to figure out if gaijin, blocknet and mitowaves can cover this board

So I don't have to buy the base

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 03:32:07 »

Will join both groupbuys next week when I get paid! Expecting the base kit and novelties to go down further for sure. On another note; what kind of USB connectivity does the Southpaw use? Mini or Micro? I may have skipped over that info somewhere.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 04:43:51 »

Will join both groupbuys next week when I get paid! Expecting the base kit and novelties to go down further for sure. On another note; what kind of USB connectivity does the Southpaw use? Mini or Micro? I may have skipped over that info somewhere.

Realized that I missed that. It should be mini USB. I'll update the product page tomorrow morning. 

switchplate.co

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 06:21:50 »

Realized that I missed that. It should be mini USB. I'll update the product page tomorrow morning.

Thanks! Pretty excited about this. Only bought pre-built and never soldered before. But I'm sure I can manage it when the time comes :)

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 18:21:42 »
Never built a keeb before so maybe this is stupid, but for the bent plate kit, do i still need to get stabilizers? and if I buy purple LED's, would those be put on the underside of the PCB for a purple underglow? I saw that the PCB has underglow but I still not sure if that means I need to provide the LED's for said underglow!

thanks any and all for the help!