Author Topic: [IC] GMK Boneyard  (Read 62834 times)

Offline norb

Re: [IC] GMK Boneyard
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 12:30:31 »
nice job on the kraken, way better than before  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 16:15:54 »
I really enjoyed the boneyard set.

One of my favorite sets.

This is under some nightlighting:

Offline FTR_Beat

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 16:46:27 »

One of my favorite sets.

Show Image

Yo!! Awesome render. Now we just need to get the Think6.5 R2 GB to go along with it and we'll be good =)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 17:42:05 »

One of my favorite sets.

Show Image

Yo!! Awesome render. Now we just need to get the Think6.5 R2 GB to go along with it and we'll be good =)

Hey bro, this is a real pic :)
Yes Think6.5 R2 IC will be up soon (prototyping is in progress). Gasket, seamless and all the good stuff packed to the R1 design.

Offline FTR_Beat

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 18:46:13 »

One of my favorite sets.

Show Image

Hey bro, this is a real pic :)
Yes Think6.5 R2 IC will be up soon (prototyping is in progress). Gasket, seamless and all the good stuff packed to the R1 design.

Are you serious? Bruh, best news of the day. That’s it, I am in for both!!

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 14:57:30 »
Added some renders by Obltozky

Render from GMK Carbon R2 (note the icon only extension is not available in this GB)

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 18:30:34 »
Make sure to never ask anything about this grey. It’s so custom it can’t even be compared to anything seen before and just asking I heard might make the designer suspect you of trying to copy his work because like I said this grey is so custom it’s basiclalt tomboy patented.

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 22:29:28 »
Added some renders by Obltozky
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Render from GMK Carbon R2 (note the icon only extension is not available in this GB)
Show Image

N U T .

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 22:40:06 »
Absolutely love this Gray.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 12:33:07 »
Could you add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for 65%/75% users? Or at least add a R4 1u Meta (or something similar) that could work as R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn together with the R3 Code.

I also think the set would look cleaner with “Pg Up”, “Pg Dn” legends instead of “Page↲Up”, “Page↲Down”, “Num” instead of “Num↲Lock”, and “Scroll” instead of “Scroll↲Lock”.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2020, 12:35:14 by konstantin »

Offline equalunique

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 14:42:34 »
Adding to the 40s kit a 1.25u R4C would be nice for my upcoming Keebio Quefrency build.

But I'll just use something from the Buccaneers kit instead.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2020, 14:45:54 by equalunique »

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 14:58:25 »
Awesome set! So many amazing buys going on or coming up; can't be in all of them unfortunately :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 15:37:40 »
Could you add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for 65%/75% users? Or at least add a R4 1u Meta (or something similar) that could work as R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn together with the R3 Code.
I am 65%/75% user but i want to keep the cost as low as possible. There is an R4 Fn key which might function as Meta.

I also think the set would look cleaner with “Pg Up”, “Pg Dn” legends instead of “Page↲Up”, “Page↲Down”, “Num” instead of “Num↲Lock”, and “Scroll” instead of “Scroll↲Lock”.
I get it that some people like single lines for visual consistency (which does not work on the other hand if you want to use stepped and worded caps lock). Anyway in my sets its always "Page Up" and "Page Down". I want full description of a key - if its possible. That's just my preference. And even if I personally don't like “Pg Up”/“Pg Dn”, it does not brake the sets for me from set designers which do like it.

Adding to the 40s kit a 1.25u R4C would be nice for my upcoming Keebio Quefrency build.

I'll add 1.25u spacebar to the 40s kit in the next update.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 18:24:30 »
I am 65%/75% user but i want to keep the cost as low as possible. There is an R4 Fn key which might function as Meta.

Code, Fn can't really be used as PgUp, PgDn, though, that was the point of my message. Including R3 Code, a key that's only used verbatim on one 65% keyboard (Uniqey C70), kind of goes against keeping the cost down. You should either replace it with R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, which are more popular, or at least add another generic key, like Meta, that would make Code usable in this case (Fn isn't generic).

I get it that some people like single lines for visual consistency (which does not work on the other hand if you want to use stepped and worded caps lock). Anyway in my sets its always "Page Up" and "Page Down". I want full description of a key - if its possible. That's just my preference. And even if I personally don't like “Pg Up”/“Pg Dn”, it does not brake the sets for me from set designers which do like it.

This is fine. In your case, it makes sense since you're also using Scroll Lock and the Print/Break sublegends. It's mostly inconsistency that I have a problem with, e.g. using Page Up/Down but using Scroll or Lock (e.g. Oblotzky's sets).
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2020, 18:53:20 by konstantin »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 03:24:06 »
Code, Fn can't really be used as PgUp, PgDn, though, that was the point of my message. Including R3 Code, a key that's only used verbatim on one 65% keyboard (Uniqey C70), kind of goes against keeping the cost down. You should either replace it with R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, which are more popular, or at least add another generic key, like Meta, that would make Code usable in this case (Fn isn't generic).

In all my sets you will find an R3 Code key (Raw in Denim). The reason for this is because I am using it for "any key" key (in layouts with wkl bottom row it is when winkey) and it will stay there.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 04:33:32 »
In all my sets you will find an R3 Code key (Raw in Denim). The reason for this is because I am using it for "any key" key (in layouts with wkl bottom row it is when winkey) and it will stay there.

Hm, I'm probably missing something here, please bare with me. What use does a R3 mod-colored “any key” have? If I understood your message correctly, you use it as a R3 winkey? If so, do you put it in the right column on 65%/75% boards? Are there any other use cases besides that and the C70 Code? Do you think any of them are objectively common enough to warrant including that key over, or at least alongside, the more popular options (namely, R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn)? Please help me understand your reasoning here.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2020, 04:38:28 by konstantin »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 04:39:39 »

Hm, I'm probably missing something here, please bare with me. What use does a R3 mod “any key” have? If I understood your message correctly, you use it as a R3 winkey? If so, do you put it in the right column on 65%/75% boards? Are there any other use cases besides that and the C70 Code? Do you think any of them are objectively common enough to warrant including that key over the more popular options (namely, R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn)? Please help me understand your reasoning here.
Indeed this key is non standard. Other sets do not include that key and i am forced to use + key from numpad which is ok.
Since this is my project this key is included in the base kit (like it was done in all my projects before).

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 05:24:40 »
Indeed this key is non standard. Other sets do not include that key and i am forced to use + key from numpad which is ok.
Since this is my project this key is included in the base kit (like it was done in all my projects before).

Alright, thanks for the explanation, I'll keep this in mind moving forward. This also explains why I found an extra 1u Code key when I was sorting my GMK Yuri set the other day :D

Seeing as that key is staying, and that you don't want to add too many new keys, I'd like to propose adding a single R4 “any key” again (sorry if I sound like a broken record). Together with the R3 Code, this would be able to replace R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for those of us who need these keys (Fn would not work here). The legend could be anything generic, but Any, Meta, Salt, or even another Code would work well. I personally think Bone would be pretty cool, but that involves creating a new mold, so it's probably a no-go for such a small change. This R4 “any key” could also serve as an Fn2 key for HHKB layouts like the M60-A default one. There's probably a few other, more obscure use cases for it that I can't think of right now, but I think just PgUp, PgDn on its own makes it worth it. Thing is, Nines didn't have these R3, R4 keys either, which sucks. I'd really like to be able to use one of my favorite colorways on my favorite layout and cover it “properly”.
It's okay if you decide not to include this key, but please give it another think over :thumb:

By the way, I just noticed that there is a R3 1u '" key in the 40% kit. Seeing as this is a two-tone set, that key is practically a duplicate of the '" key in the base kit, so it doesn't serve any practical purpose as far as I can tell. Remove it?
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2020, 06:32:15 by konstantin »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 05:55:59 »
Update with finalized kits

Base kit
- Added R4 1u Meta key

It's okay if you decide not to include this key, but please give it another think over :thumb:
See the base kit changes ;)

40% kit
- Removed "' key which is duplicate as its already available in the base kit
- Added 1.25u spacebar

By the way, I just noticed that there is a R3 1u '" key in the 40% kit. Seeing as this is a two-tone set, that key is practically a duplicate of the '" key in the base kit, so it doesn't serve any practical purpose as far as I can tell. Remove it?
Thanks for the catch. ;) I really appreciate it.

See 40% kit changes.

Kraken Buccaneers kit
I got two quotes from GMK for this kit. One quote was with R0/R5 support and one without. So it was done to compare the pricing and unfortunately it increases the pricing significantly. Thus i decided not to support those Rows in this GB. I hope you can understand my decision.
- R0/R5 Rows support has been removed.

Domino kit
- R0/R5 Rows support has been removed.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 06:28:38 »
Base kit
- Added R4 1u Meta key
Show Image

See the base kit changes ;)

Much love ;)

Offline pcire

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 09:43:07 »
Bummer! Was really looking forward to R0/R5
Thanks for the updates!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 01:05:56 »
Aww so close to getting some sick novelties on R5. That's a bummer.

Offline Neostoic

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 03:07:42 »
Will be great for type knight!
TGR Alice - Heavy-6 - HHKB Pro 2 stock - TGR 910 RE - HBCP - TMO V2 - Luna HHKB - HHKB Hybrid - Keycult 1/60 Rev01. - 45-ATS - KFE OG - Petrichor - Norbaforce - F1-8X - Whale SE - Kei - Clarabelle - Prophet - Unikorn - FLX Virgo - 7V - M60 A - Keycult 1/65 Rev01 - Keycult No.2 TKL Commission -Haus - Pneuma Rev1. - KFE CE - Frog - 2No. Haus - Adelie - Whale 75

Incoming - Dalco Mini 959 GT - Sagittarius - Box 75  - Keycult No.2/65 Commission - Campsite - HHKB Heavy Grail  - Iron 180 - Iron 165 - Kaze FnF

Notable Previously Owned - TGR Jane V2 - Infinitum

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 15:23:50 »
I am very pleased to announce that Deskhero will also offer GMK Boneyard for Canada this June ;)

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 12:10:50 »
I think the skull with a tentacle beard has to be the most badass novelty I've ever seen. I'm considering picking this kit up just for that novelty. Heck, I may need two novelty kits so I can use two of those as split spacebars.

Offline norb

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 20:24:43 »
just to throw it in, i bet you already have thought about it in the design process, but what about aligning the iso novelty centered in the "thinner" area of the cap?

like on the right side:

looks a bit better imo.

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 00:57:08 »
Would you consider adding a 3u spacebar to the 40s kit?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 03:21:01 »
just to throw it in, i bet you already have thought about it in the design process, but what about aligning the iso novelty centered in the "thinner" area of the cap?

like on the right side:
Show Image

looks a bit better imo.

Yeah i did thought about in the design process of Toxic already, which has also similar vertical skull design. And it should be seen in the whole picture and single key should be ignored. See following renders:
Centered on the bottom iso part.

Centered on the top iso part.

Obviously the skull looks in the first render off where in the second render its balanced.

Would you consider adding a 3u spacebar to the 40s kit?

As far as i know, 3u spacebar does not exist.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2020, 04:04:21 by T0mb3ry »

Offline norb

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 06:47:53 »
oh, yeah, i totally overlooked this in Toxic. you're right, in the complete picture it hasn't that much effect anymore like it has when looking at the single keycap. that's what counts.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 08:40:55 »
GMK has a 3u convex spacebar now, but no ones run a set with it yet. Modern Dolch R2 is the first set I’ve seen where it’s planned.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 08:56:22 »
As far as i know, 3u spacebar does not exist.

I've heard that GMK proactively invested in tooling for this key, among others. Several sets plan on using it, including GMK ThinkCaps, GMK OG Spacekeys R2 and GMK MoDo R2.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:08:20 »
Well i did not know that about the 3u spacebar. However i've send the kits as they are already to GMK for quotes and due to Corona it takes some time them to answer. If i don't get the quotes next week then i fear it will be late to add that spacebar to the 40% kit.

Anyway which boards do use 3u spacebars?

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:31:08 »
Well i did not know that about the 3u spacebar. However i've send the kits as they are already to GMK for quotes and due to Corona it takes some time them to answer. If i don't get the quotes next week then i fear it will be late to add that spacebar to the 40% kit.

Flico Minila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:54:14 »
Filco minila is the main one, SP-111 can use a pair of them. Another split board was proposed and planned on using a pair, but the usual refrain here is that there aren’t many sets that support them and to instead use 2.25 and 2.75.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 10:05:10 »
I love the domino kit!

Filco minila is the main one, SP-111 can use a pair of them. Another split board was proposed and planned on using a pair, but the usual refrain here is that there aren’t many sets that support them and to instead use 2.25 and 2.75.

Count me in as another 3U spacebar user (GH60 board in minila configuration) who would love to see wider support in sets.  Not going to push for it in this set specifically if it's too far along already, but I'm very pleased to see they've become more widespread in sets recently as GMK have added the mould.

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 16:33:42 »

Should've mentioned it earlier, hopefully it can still be put in. I appreciate the attempt otherwise!

Offline shodid

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 02:27:36 »
Yaass please

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 12:52:54 »
Update

GB will start on 5th June 2020.

Kits has been replaced with renders.
Base kit

40% kit

Novelties kit

Domino kit

Renders by Oblotzky

Should've mentioned it earlier, hopefully it can still be put in. I appreciate the attempt otherwise!

Unfortunately the suggestion came in late  :( The preparation for GB takes quite some time.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 16:29:31 by T0mb3ry »

Offline stealthzero

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:46:40 »
Is this going up for GB soon?  My wallet is ready to jump on this ASAP!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:55:46 »

GB will start on June 5th ;)

Offline FTR_Beat

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 15:44:21 »

GB will start on June 5th ;)

Yesss! Next we'll get Beezarre right?! =)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 15:48:01 »

There will be GMK Beezarre but not as next.  :)

Offline fireworm

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 16:29:41 »

There will be GMK Beezarre but not as next.  :)

GMK Umka?  GMK Lambda?  SA Carbon R3?   ;D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 09:20:36 »
GB for GMK Boneyard is active.

You can use following links for ordering:
Vendors:

I will close this thread once the GB thread is approved by a moderator.

Offline bliss

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 09:24:42 »
GLwGB!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 09:28:44 »
GLwGB!

Thanks!

You got an fantastic avatar pic by the way ;)

Offline Capsy

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 09:40:29 »
Good work as usual tombery. I'm in

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 09:48:37 »
GB thread for GMK Boneyard is active!

Thus i am closing this topic.

Good work as usual tombery. I'm in