Author Topic: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on {Closed}  (Read 245994 times)

Offline sheknet

Re: GMK white/dark grey and black multilanguage sets
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 11:48:20 »
Ordered. But seems still a long way to go to the MOQ...

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 11:49:16 »
Hope we get there!

Offline gojira54

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 13:42:01 »
wow this is disappointing :/

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #353 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 13:43:22 »
im really really surprised there arent any large vendor orders
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:08:52 »
I hate GMK's large MOQ. I don't think I can say this enough.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #355 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:12:56 »
I hate GMK's large MOQ. I don't think I can say this enough.

im sure they have there reasons, but if the moq was 200, we could flood them with orders
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:15:27 »
Have you tried dealing with them in the like of having a moq of 400 but for 2 sets? Like you must still reach their moq of 400 but they are flexible enough to accommodate you into having a total of 400 but for 2 different sets combined?

Would be interesting going with what Bunny said.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #357 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 15:57:38 »
It probably has to do with just loading two colors and cranking out keys. Although if there process is anything like Signature Plastics a decent amount is done by hand I think.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #358 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:00:22 »
Have you tried dealing with them in the like of having a moq of 400 but for 2 sets? Like you must still reach their moq of 400 but they are flexible enough to accommodate you into having a total of 400 but for 2 different sets combined?

Would be interesting going with what Bunny said.

I think that is just as likely to happen as them lowering the MOQ for just a single set.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #359 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:06:34 »
I believe you can do MOQ of 200 if you guys really like.  It won't be that hard.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:16:24 »
I believe you can do MOQ of 200 if you guys really like.  It won't be that hard.

We might be able to get 200 orders but how to convince GMK to lower from 400 to 200?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #361 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:19:04 »

We might be able to get 200 orders but how to convince GMK to lower from 400 to 200?

Tell them that you are willing to pay the price at a 75-90% mark up.  I believe this is the only way to get a MOQ of 200.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #362 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:22:32 »

Tell them that you are willing to pay the price at a 75-90% mark up.  I believe this is the only way to get a MOQ of 200.

But if you are paying a 90% markup, why dont you pay 10% more and buy 2 sets :3
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #363 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:27:25 »
People were asking for 200 MOQ, and I was just teaching them how :)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #364 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:28:08 »
 :))
So they cover the cost of half and sell them while already making a 40%

Smart.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline TaNaKa$_

« Reply #365 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:39:35 »
An other option is to put the language packs to one pack togehter.  So we have two pack, an alpha pack and a language pack.
And additionally breakdown the MMQ to all packs to 200.

I know that the prices get higher but this is a realistic chance to reach the MMQ.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #366 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:43:54 »
An other option is to put the language packs to one pack togehter.  So we have two pack, an alpha pack and a language pack.
And additionally breakdown the MMQ to all packs to 200.

I know that the prices get higher but this is a realistic chance to reach the MMQ.

Honestly I think for a full set you're going to have problems making MOQ no matter what when they are separated into different packs. Best way to move forward is just make it a 110 key-set with some extra keys thrown in for ISO and see how it goes.

Ivan have you given any thought to my Massdrop idea?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #367 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:33:20 »
Yeah, I totally agree with Bueller here.

To qoute myself from Deskthority:
Therefore we should just make nice ANSI sets and include the 4 ISO keys in it and maybe a Mini-Tsangan Kit (1,5x Mods + 7x Spacebar + stepped Capslock). No more no less.

In my opinion every GMK GB should only have 1 reasonable option without any special keys to please vocal minorities. This it what harms IvanIvanovich's GMK GBs in my opinion.

Splitting things up harms everybody because it gets harder for every single set to reach MOQ.

I think we should try a new approach next time.

I am thinking of offering a single 99$ set.

The base will be a fullsize 104key ANSI set plus the 4 ISO keys and whatever keys we could squeeze in there to stay under the "magical" 100$ limit.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #368 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:49:06 »
Yeah, I totally agree with Bueller here.

To qoute myself from Deskthority:
Therefore we should just make nice ANSI sets and include the 4 ISO keys in it and maybe a Mini-Tsangan Kit (1,5x Mods + 7x Spacebar + stepped Capslock). No more no less.

In my opinion every GMK GB should only have 1 reasonable option without any special keys to please vocal minorities. This it what harms IvanIvanovich's GMK GBs in my opinion.

Splitting things up harms everybody because it gets harder for every single set to reach MOQ.

I think we should try a new approach next time.

I am thinking of offering a single 99$ set.

The base will be a fullsize 104key ANSI set plus the 4 ISO keys and whatever keys we could squeeze in there to stay under the "magical" 100$ limit.

Yep I think this is the way to go. Increasing the price to get the MOQ down isn't going to help us at all, the high price is what's preventing us from hitting MOQ to begin with.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Halvar

« Reply #369 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:59:47 »
It's actually sad that this is seems to be the only way to go, because I gotta say I'm not interested at all in just another ANSI set with ISO figlets...

« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 03:03:11 by Halvar »

Offline TaNaKa$_

« Reply #370 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 03:49:49 »
It's actually sad that this is seems to be the only way to go, because I gotta say I'm not interested at all in just another ANSI set with ISO figlets...

Yes, that's just how I see it too. I have engough alpha sets.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #371 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 04:36:35 »

Yeah, finally using a native ISO DE set would be nice, but it's just impossible with this MOQ.

So I'd rather buy anything GMK than nothing at all  :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #372 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:03:05 »
They are not willing to make lower MOQ at this time period. Technically I could increase the price to match the ordered amount divided out of the cost of 400... but that is not really reasonable either now is it?
Simply it looks like there is not enough interest at this price to get it done this time, even if there was a basic 104 set I don't think even that would make it either.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #373 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:04:27 »
Maybe it is time for CMYK escape pack :eek:

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 07:07:41 »
Yes perhaps we can do some smaller things again instead.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:19:15 »
They are not willing to make lower MOQ at this time period. Technically I could increase the price to match the ordered amount divided out of the cost of 400... but that is not really reasonable either now is it?
Simply it looks like there is not enough interest at this price to get it done this time, even if there was a basic 104 set I don't think even that would make it either.

It might make MOQ as a simplified set, but there has also been a LOT of group buys for sets lately and the color choice is really close to dolch so people might just be "dolched out" and/or broke. Also one of the first things I thought when I saw the group buy was "too expensive, and MOQ by end date impossible" essentially.

Maybe if you made a 104+mandatory add-on that supported basic ISO layout with some blanks and also left the order deadline uncertain we could get there. That way people with other languages can decide to have somewhat wrong keys or blanks, and everyone will just order because they won't see an unrealistic end date  :-X . The support just isn't there for language packs and it shows. I think we saw a small number of very vocal people wanting their language supported but they were no where near enough to hit 400 MOQ or didn't participate for one reason or another. Keep a robust set around $110-130 for everything needed and people will buy that. Too many options and prices get crazy or people are uncertain what they want. I don't know why I'm typing all this, you probably already know it all. Actually I know why, because mechanical keyboards are fun to type on  :p

I suggest simplifying the set yet again unfortunately, make a new thread, and give it another shot.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:34:41 »
Basically no. I'm not going to make it into something I don't even want. If all the things I want are also taken away I have no desire to run it.
There was plenty of interest for other languages in the IC, they just didn't come back to make an order in most cases. Having Dolch happen with originative between starting the IC and getting it actually underway was likely also very unhelpful to this buy.

If I start over it's not going to be for full set, but some smaller things. I will keep trying to persuade GMK to let us order smaller amounts and until that happens (if ever) I don't think I will attempt full sets again.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 08:53:44 »
Basically no. I'm not going to make it into something I don't even want. If all the things I want are also taken away I have no desire to run it.
There was plenty of interest for other languages in the IC, they just didn't come back to make an order in most cases. Having Dolch happen with originative between starting the IC and getting it actually underway was likely also very unhelpful to this buy.

If I start over it's not going to be for full set, but some smaller things. I will keep trying to persuade GMK to let us order smaller amounts and until that happens (if ever) I don't think I will attempt full sets again.

Don't think of this as a "Fail." The work you put into defining a "complete" set was totally worth it. Keep me in mind for your future GBs, if you would, please. I don't get to spend as much time on GH as I'd like but I'd also hate to miss out on your work (my taste is for classic color ways but I don't mind a bit of variety). Cheers!
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:13:53 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #378 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:12:48 »
Thanks for trying. I hope we can get something from GMK sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #379 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 05:23:38 »
f I start over it's not going to be for full set, but some smaller things. I will keep trying to persuade GMK to let us order smaller amounts and until that happens (if ever) I don't think I will attempt full sets again.

Sad to see that happen because your Group Buys always included everything that Sherryton couldn't do.  I wish I could order an extra 100 sets but my Mrs would kill me and claim the insurance  8) .

Was really looking forward to populating some old Cherry Keyboards with your sets, but now it looks like the proverbial pipe dream.  GMK could be such assh*les.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #380 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 10:14:49 »
Sherry can do all those keycaps, but he will be locking his money with all the extra keys and language sets sitting in his store. There was a ton of fuss when extra caps and language packs were presented here before the price reveal. Once price was revealed probably 50% of those that made noise about how happy they are because the sets are so reach they disappeared.

Price plays big role, high price = low numbers of sales, and GMK wants 400 MOQ. While the sets look good, for me would cost me to get the 104 ANSI around $180 shipped, same money + $30 more I'll have 2 sets from Sherry. Was nice to see Lysol try something different, maybe he should stick to small things.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline shawn o

« Reply #381 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 19:29:21 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:41:26 by shawn o »

Offline Halvar

« Reply #382 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 05:06:45 »
Yes, unsurprisingly, if all you want is to cover is what you call a "standard" Filco (ANSI Filco with American layout) with a full set, then this group buy is in fact probably not for you, because that case is covered by Originative and not what this GB was supposed to be about.

Offline piraterice

« Reply #383 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 08:29:34 »
IT LOOKS LIKE THIS GB WILL BE FAIL.....

Offline jabar

« Reply #384 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 20:17:10 »
yeah this set is the closest to replace my German 2100 other than R4...
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #385 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 21:03:42 »
Price plays big role, high price = low numbers of sales, and GMK wants 400 MOQ. While the sets look good, for me would cost me to get the 104 ANSI around $180 shipped, same money + $30 more I'll have 2 sets from Sherry. Was nice to see Lysol try something different, maybe he should stick to small things.

If too many are phased by the price being close to $180.00USD then why doesn't he (sorry Ivan, not trying to step over any decisions you have chosen) only propose a single build of ALPHAS only.  That way the ones who have already bought the Purple Mods would have an upcoming set of alphas to go with them.  It'll be small and the slacker GMK can't complain about anything.  The price would/should be affordable and everyone can win.

I wouldn't say this Group Buy is dead just yet but it can be re-configured for the paupers, to jump on in and buy a set or two.

I would really hate to see his original choice to furnish our Cherry keyboards with these unique keys, go down like this but it only means if this dies then we may NEVER again see anything like this being proposed for decades to come.  Just so mad that not enough of these so-called "keyboard fanatics" that love to talk the talk, yet disappear when money is required to front this  >:( .
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 October 2013, 21:17:49 by Elrick »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #386 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 21:19:48 »

If too many are phased by the price being close to $180.00USD then why doesn't he only propose a single build of ALPHAS only.  That way the ones who have already bought the Purple Mods would have an upcoming set of alphas to go with them.  It'll be small and the slacker GMK can't complain about anything.  The price would/should be affordable and everyone can win.

I wouldn't say this Group Buy is dead just yet but it can be re-configured for the paupers, to jump on in and buy a set or two.

3 problems we got there:

1. People didn't want to have a purple 2 tone set finished, no matter what the 2nd tone color was going to be, but there were more purple keys to be made in order to make it full set so people thought a 2 tone retro stle board that have purple for modifiers + navs would look stupid.

2. Even if we voted for the purple, Lysol wants to have broader audience  involved the language packs, which is fine it don't do nothing to the ANSI users because languages are separate. Thing is Lysol wants all the extra bling keys and that skyrockets the prices of the sets, but its his GB and he said himself if he cant run the GB with all the extra keys, he rather not have a GB then bring sets that are like Sherry's + language packs.

3. As stated above no matter if its this set, or set to fill in and make some sort of purple/ and whatever other color, prices wont be cheap either way because of the extra keys Lysol wants.

I personally know I will never use 30% of the keys that comes with the sets as it is and I have full board ..... But having extra keys is not the issue, issue is no matter what you got to pay for them, now if his sets were simple as Sherry sets, just tossing in a different color combo than Sherry offers is enough to push number to close 300-350 MOQ because price would be around $90-$100 mark per set, and GMK might consider the 300-350 MOQ number, might....

But its Lysol GB, he runs it and he calls the shots, cant blame him for sticking to his guns and like I said before worse that can happen is the GB fails, which it did. Better luck next time perhaps.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 October 2013, 21:25:25 by bazemk1979 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #387 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 21:38:04 »
1. People didn't want to have a purple 2 tone set finished, no matter what the 2nd tone color was going to be, but there were more purple keys to be made in order to make it full set so people thought a 2 tone retro stle board that have purple for modifiers + navs would look stupid.

That would only be your opinion.  Please provide this "so-called" evidence proving that no one wants Dolch like Alphas to go with the Purple Mods?

All I'm saying it keeps the cost down by only producing the alphas and for those that have the purple's have something resembling a complete key-set.  This hatred of Purple seems to be your own preference.

Anything stupid according to you (then please look at some of the colourways in the Group Buy section of this forum) should be ignored yet Geekhack is about choosing something that goes with our Cherry Keyboards.  The Purple mods go easily with the Black or Dark Grey alphas like with just about any other colour that could of been chosen.

Since you hate colour so much I bet you're not buying into Sherryton's Handarbeit set?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #388 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 21:50:31 »

That would only be your opinion.  Please provide this "so-called" evidence proving that no one wants Dolch like Alphas to go with the Purple Mods?

All I'm saying it keeps the cost down by only producing the alphas and for those that have the purple's have something resembling a complete key-set.  This hatred of Purple seems to be your own preference.

Anything stupid according to you (then please look at some of the colourways in the Group Buy section of this forum) should be ignored yet Geekhack is about choosing something that goes with our Cherry Keyboards.  The Purple mods go easily with the Black or Dark Grey alphas like with just about any other colour that could of been chosen.

Since you hate colour so much I bet you're not buying into Sherryton's Handarbeit set?

LOL dude...... I voted for a full 2 tone purple set to be finished, I was in the minority same as you.... As thing are right now with the Nav+modifiers price is $94, now if we want to make purple modifiers just to finish  purple as a whole thing, take out $50 out of $94 that would make complete Purple navs+mods for around $55 shipped. That makes sense for me since I have Dolch full set + I like the purple.

Problem is 80% + voted against the purple.... you, me and few others are in the minority sadly

2nd EDIT: Omg I didn't read the whole thing you wrote, I'm nuts for the Handerbeit!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 October 2013, 22:00:22 by bazemk1979 »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #389 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 21:57:55 »

Yup, I love my Purple mods and would kill for some Dolch alphas to accompany them!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 22:30:22 »
Yup, I love my Purple mods and would kill for some Dolch alphas to accompany them!

So the so-called majority have spoken  ;D .  I too wish Ivan would pick this up because the purple mods are great but they need the perfect alpha set to bring them unto a heavenly plinth of perfection.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #391 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 03:05:44 »
Also waiting for something for my purple mods. That GB was a close thing too, if I remember correctly.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #392 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 09:25:11 »
I put in some questions to GMK... depending on the answers I get determine what will happen to this. I'm not declaring it dead quite yet.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #393 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 09:35:11 »
If it's not dead then I'll be ordering
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #394 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 09:44:50 »
I'm not declaring it dead quite yet.

I believe!

:thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 18:39:13 »

I like that, if it's not dead then I'm ordering.........if you don't order then it's dead, right  ??? ?

Besides if no one bothers to get involved by signing up Ivan has no choice but to drop it, due to LACK OF INTEREST.

It won't kill you to sign up and even if the time comes to pay up, make up some lame excuse and scurry away like a few do in real life, here on Geekhack  ;) .

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #396 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 20:07:37 »

I like that, if it's not dead then I'm ordering.........if you don't order then it's dead, right  ??? ?

Besides if no one bothers to get involved by signing up Ivan has no choice but to drop it, due to LACK OF INTEREST.

It won't kill you to sign up and even if the time comes to pay up, make up some lame excuse and scurry away like a few do in real life, here on Geekhack  ;) .

actually no that's the worse one person can do, join and then don't pay while GMK is making the keys.... But I'll just pretend that I didn't knew better that u were trolling us.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #397 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 20:12:45 »
But I'll just pretend that I didn't knew better that u were trolling us.

You got me there......  :thumb: .  Couldn't resist trolling because it's a national pass time here in Convict Town.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2013, 20:14:32 by Elrick »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #398 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 22:50:58 »
No that is the best way. Make your order, and if it doesn't happen you wasted a couple minutes on the form. No big deal. I made sure GMK know not to produce a thing until I SAY SO this time.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #399 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 23:25:42 »
Lysol price is what's killing this GB and on top is the 400 MOQ. When people see the cost they back off a little, but then when they also see the MOQ they even more back off because they assume people just wont join because of those 2 things. Having better price will encourage people to jump on it.

Look Lysol I know its ur GB and you can do whatever you want, as far as I care you can have DS GMK vag!na on your ISO enter key, but reality is because you and few more peeps want bling bling, this GB goes down the drain.... Here is the most simple change that will bring 104 ANSI set to price range $100 at the most, now you have a chance to reach 400 MOQ if that's what you really care in first place, or you just care to have a mockup made by GMK with the 20+ extra bling keys that will never happen?

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2013, 10:07:51 by bazemk1979 »