Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 550945 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #3350 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 14:57:51 »

Meh quality photo, and probably not the best time to order a Qt5 book, but still..

Offline yui

« Reply #3351 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 01:47:30 »
Meh quality photo, and probably not the best time to order a Qt5 book, but still..
why, most of what you'll learn on QT5 will still apply on 6, and you will still be able to use 5 for a while, especially in applications where security is not hugely important. and the photo is better than anything i can take with my phone, don't knock yourself down :)

(i still do not understand how peoples can take photos on focus with those things, about 75% of my phone photos are blurry messes and that across 4 phones, so i know it is me, give me your secrets pls :))
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3352 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 07:55:09 »
why, most of what you'll learn on QT5 will still apply on 6, and you will still be able to use 5 for a while, especially in applications where security is not hugely important. and the photo is better than anything i can take with my phone, don't knock yourself down :)

(i still do not understand how peoples can take photos on focus with those things, about 75% of my phone photos are blurry messes and that across 4 phones, so i know it is me, give me your secrets pls :))

The scoop is that QT LTS is becoming (or is) closed source.  I don't know what that means for KDE, but I hope you're right.

And since my phone doesn't have image stabilization either, I sometimes have to 'take the shot' when I exhale lol.

Offline yui

« Reply #3353 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 09:14:21 »
The scoop is that QT LTS is becoming (or is) closed source.  I don't know what that means for KDE, but I hope you're right.

And since my phone doesn't have image stabilization either, I sometimes have to 'take the shot' when I exhale lol.
KDE is likely going to follow with KDE6, like when QT went from 4 to 5, KDE followed, although to be honest i have not searched, just going from what happened last time, and Qt5 was already in part closed source, no? KDE from what i understand also has blobs so i do not think it would bother them too much either :) and really should not bother you too much, you can still opensource your code, just peoples will need a propitiatory library to compile it, a lot of projects works like that by lack of better options, and once you know one, you have bases in them all, so nothing is lost.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #3354 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 00:19:07 »
The Barry Gibb Talk Show:

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3355 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 17:05:40 »
I won against a big youtuber in an FPS game!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3356 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 16:05:10 »
I got approved for my vax! buuuut I have no insurance so that actually means nothing because I can't actually go anywhere to get it.
Cool system America.

Offline iri

« Reply #3357 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 18:02:26 »
Both my parents and my brother got both jabs.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline MrSurreal

• https://phangkey.com
« Reply #3358 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 06:37:11 »
I make artisan keycaps and it makes me happy when people appreciate the end result.  :D :D :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3359 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 20:20:18 »
Ordered from a new delivery service and they had a 1st time coupon giving you 50% off and I looooove good deals on food. It's cheaper than if I even went to the restaurant directly! Just got a bunch of breakfast food and I'm set for days  :p

Offline funkmon

« Reply #3360 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 20:42:28 »
Is it available widely? Or is it just in your local area?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3361 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 21:05:57 »
Is it available widely? Or is it just in your local area?

Through Caviar, if you never used Caviar you get a coupon HEYFOOD50 for your first order that is 50% off the entire order. Still fees and tip, but a really good deal.

Offline foxieze

• i like code.
« Reply #3362 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 04:59:54 »
Talking to my friends and coding. But mainly my friends. Not sure how I would survive without my friends.

Offline sefixmm

« Reply #3363 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 02:14:44 »
A good coffee in the morning when i'm lying on my computer just surfing on some forums.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3364 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 22:48:42 »
The past 2 weeks have been so good and so kind to me, everything just seems to be getting better and for the first time in actual years I feel genuinely happy.
You all know I'm usually a morose ****er, but it was all circumstance. It's so hard to feel anything but negative when only bad things happen.
I really hope this trend continues. I've even stopped smoking weed and drinking 100% because I don't feel like I need it to get through the day anymore.
Things are good. For the first time in a long time.  ;D

Offline yui

« Reply #3365 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 01:40:55 »
that is good to hear, hopefully the less drink and smoke will also help, less money spent there and more in hobbies to make you happier :) i genuinely wish for you to continue this trend, happy turtle is best turtle

Offline iri

« Reply #3366 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 03:08:26 »
The past 2 weeks have been so good and so kind to me, everything just seems to be getting better and for the first time in actual years I feel genuinely happy.
You all know I'm usually a morose ****er, but it was all circumstance. It's so hard to feel anything but negative when only bad things happen.
I really hope this trend continues. I've even stopped smoking weed and drinking 100% because I don't feel like I need it to get through the day anymore.
Things are good. For the first time in a long time.  ;D
noisyturtle irl

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3367 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 03:37:25 »
Hey, noisy is happy - we're all happy :)

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3368 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 00:03:22 »
Had a big interview yesterday, and today they extended me an offer! See ya later GameSchlock! See ya later debt! Hello better life!

Offline phinix

« Reply #3369 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 01:52:27 »
Had a big interview yesterday, and today they extended me an offer! See ya later GameSchlock! See ya later debt! Hello better life!

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3370 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 12:49:33 »
And now I see why noisy's been largely absent from the negative thread - congrats!

Finished my last day of work, most of the people I would have said bye to weren't in and most of the people who were in didn't know I was going at all, let alone today.  Didn't even get a card :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3371 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 12:52:56 »
And now I see why noisy's been largely absent from the negative thread - congrats!

Finished my last day of work, most of the people I would have said bye to weren't in and most of the people who were in didn't know I was going at all, let alone today.  Didn't even get a card :thumb:

But did you finally ask out dat cute female from accounting ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3372 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 13:45:05 »

But did you finally ask out dat cute female from accounting ?
Haha!  There are three females in the company - the boss's wife, another guy's wife and one of unknown status who's old enough to be my mum.  Needless to say I did not ask any of them out.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3373 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 13:50:23 »
There are three females in the company - the boss's wife, another guy's wife and one of unknown status who's old enough to be my mum.  Needless to say I did not ask any of them out.
This episode, everything you need to know.

272869-0

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3374 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 19:00:47 »
This makes me happy. 

Is it you though, Noisy?

273523-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3375 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 20:18:02 »
This makes me happy. 

Is it you though, Noisy?

(Attachment Link)

oy vey. I should call Andy and find out how his mom's doing.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3376 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 13:14:59 »
Just bought a new cable for my ancient earphones and bent the pins to fit the enlarged sockets (the reason they've sat unused for ... 4 years(?))  and half an hour of random music has played in a flash.

Young me wasn't wrong, this combo is sublime (Altmann Tera Player and Heir Audio Tzar 90 if anyone's interested)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline grayboards

« Reply #3377 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 10:39:01 »
jazz  :D

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3378 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 17:03:17 »
What makes me happy

1. Good music
2. Talking to pretty girl
3. Realizing something that I did not understand before
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3379 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 17:05:55 »
jazz  :D

Agree! What is your favorite album? Mine is "Birth of the Cool"

Offline phinix

« Reply #3380 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 02:45:07 »
A good coffee and a toast with avocado in the morning - work breakfast version, when I feel vegeterian. Or good coffee and roll and double square sausage with PH sauce, if I feel I need meat:)

Offline BritishBulldog

« Reply #3381 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 10:45:15 »
That myUs.com is still trying to find out where my pressure pot is lost)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #3382 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:30:30 »
What makes me happy

1. Good music

I like this list :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iri

« Reply #3383 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 15:26:39 »
What makes me happy

1. Good music

But it has no dogs in it

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #3384 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 15:34:33 »
What makes me happy

1. Good music

But it has no dogs in it
And no iri reply  :-*

Updated list
What makes me happy

1. Good music
4. Dogs and cats
5. iri

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 November 2021, 16:22:25 by Signature »
Very busy with studies atm.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3385 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 18:17:26 »
I like iri but I loathe indoor pets, especially dogs.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3386 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 18:59:25 »
I like iri but I loathe indoor pets, especially dogs.

I have an outdoor parakeet, but I haven't seen him in years.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3387 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 19:08:08 »

1.What is iri? Edit: Oh, iri is the person! sorry  :-\

2. I like petting dogs on the street but I don't like jumping or licking, and especially not fur shedding.

And I don't like cats at all. They never are nice to me. My enjoyment with those feline creatures comes from having a staring contest.

"A dog is a filthy animal!" -  One of the dad's favorite quotes from Pulp Fiction

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 November 2021, 19:10:34 by treeleaf64 »

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3388 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 20:07:03 »

don't like jumping or licking,

The true disgustingness is that they want to touch your skin with their cold snot noses.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3389 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 12:13:39 »
This is a very concise article that only takes a couple of minutes to read:

https://www.epi.org/press/nobel-laureate-economist-joseph-stiglitz-issues-statement-in-support-of-build-back-better-agenda/

But, you need:  TL;DR - Seventeen winners of the Nobel Prize in economics sign letter in support of the President’s Build Back Better package
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3390 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 21:56:15 »
This is a very concise article that only takes a couple of minutes to read:

https://www.epi.org/press/nobel-laureate-economist-joseph-stiglitz-issues-statement-in-support-of-build-back-better-agenda/

But, you need:  TL;DR - Seventeen winners of the Nobel Prize in economics sign letter in support of the President’s Build Back Better package

Agree. Better infrastructure + better education = less wealth gap, more opportunity. What country doesn't want that?

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3391 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 08:17:22 »

What country political party doesn't want that?

Fixed that for you.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline Altis

« Reply #3392 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 15:50:32 »
When you write a large piece of code expecting to have to debug it but somehow it compiles without error and just works  :eek:

Also happy when you fix one problem out of many and suddenly the whole thing just works.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3393 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 17:02:20 »
I received a hand-written letter from a religious zealot about how these are the end times, and finding peace through God.
It's nice to see some of these eccentrics still use the older more personable methods, rather than another cold emotionless email or social media post. I like my wackos to put in a little effort, shows they really are dedicated.
Why, I remember people would sometimes send money in the mail in an effort to attempt to guilt you into following up with them! I haven't seen an eccentric put in that level of commitment in ages.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3394 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 21:59:50 »
When you write a large piece of code expecting to have to debug it but somehow it compiles without error and just works  :eek:

Also happy when you fix one problem out of many and suddenly the whole thing just works.

Interesting. I always say after one of those moments, "What didn't I do wrong" LOL
So the joy goes away instantly  :)) Feelsbad, always analyzing and too serious

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3395 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 14:36:33 »
Today is like Cyber Monday, but for crypto! Everything's down, buy all the alt coins! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #3396 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 23:53:40 »
Today is like Cyber Monday, but for crypto! Everything's down, buy all the alt coins! :thumb: :thumb:
Not asking for financial advice but what do you have your eyes on? I currently only hold BTC, Cardano, and ETH.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3397 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 00:41:14 »
Not asking for financial advice but what do you have your eyes on? I currently only hold BTC, Cardano, and ETH.

BTC is too expensive for me, but I like ETH SOL DOT, and JASMY for long-term growth

and maybe I have a bit of SHIB too

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3398 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 01:50:07 »
279808-0

Offline maybejari

• Honkertown Studio
« Reply #3399 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 15:15:15 »
Seeing other people happy makes me happy.