Author Topic: [IC] GMK Psychosis | Massive updates!  (Read 27120 times)

Offline fifty4hun

[IC] GMK Psychosis | Massive updates!
« on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:23:27 »

Discord: https://discord.gg/m2XVZakW
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fifty4hun/
Please contact fifty4hun | GMK Psychosis#0329 on discord or dm me on Instagram for any collaborations!

IC FORM

ABOUT
Hello geekhack! I proudly present you with my first set, GMK Psychosis.
This set is inspired by psychosis which is a condition of mental illness. Psychosis is a condition of the mind that results in difficulties determining what is real and what is not real. Therefore, I choose GMK CC and GMK CP for the theme colour instead of the absolute contrasting colours (which are black and white).
The meaning behind this set is to raise the awareness of psychosis. We should know more about what psychosis is and be more considerable. It would be great if people showed love and respect to people with mental illness and everyone we know. People raise awareness of mental illness through music, drawings and many other art-related products so why not keycaps? Our community has grown so much and I think it's a good opportunity for spreading the meaning behind it. Plus, I will donate some of the profit to the mental health charity. The details of the donation will be updated asap.

CHOICE OF COLOUR
Since some of you from the community told me that GMK Psychosis is quite similar to GMK Sixes mixed with GMK Nines, GMK Ashes, GMK Carbon, and Boneyard. I had communicated with t0mb3ry, Xynerorias, Tyson and Emir and made sure no hard feelings or conflict of interest! I hope there is no controversy for this set in the future^^

COLOR

BASE KIT - gloom

SPACEBARS - blank stare

NOVELTIES - confusion

ALT ALPHAS

ALT MODS

RENDERS
boop65 by biip

M60-A by Rama Works

Frog TKL by Geonworks

More
Iron165 by Smith+Rune

TGR Jane

7v by Gok

AKI-S by ThicThock

Habour65 by Kibou

Frusta by G14D

DESKMATS
illusion
designed by Natoyashi

MISC
~Coming soon~

COLLABORATIONS
TBA

SPECIAL THANKS
Thank you KEKAIYØ for your amazing artwork!
Thank you Skok and Chung for the renders!
Thanks the members from the Hong Kong Mechanical Keyboards Community for the advice and help~~

Signature
Last but not least, here is my banner/signature! If you would like to support this set, please add this to your signature!!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112639.0][img width=400 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/YAXI4dU.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 July 2021, 22:15:51 by fifty4hun »

Offline dimo

Re: [IC] GMK Psychosis
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:27:36 »
meh. images don’t work for me 

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:29:06 »
Hi, your links aren’t showing up for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:29:56 »
This might be the best GMK set I have ever laid my eyes upon. I wil buy your entire stock sir.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:29:58 »
Good name, broken images

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:31:55 »
meh. images don’t work for me
Sorry!! just fixed!!

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:34:26 »
Hi, your links aren’t showing up for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just fixed!!

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:35:36 »
This might be the best GMK set I have ever laid my eyes upon. I wil buy your entire stock sir.
Thank you for your support sir!

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:36:10 »
Good name, broken images

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Not broken anymore now~

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:37:43 »

Posted that before pictures where correctly loaded. Punchline was there are too many GMK sets that I don't care about them anymore, nevertheless now that I see your novelties I think they look nice.

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:49:14 »

Posted that before pictures where correctly loaded. Punchline was there are too many GMK sets that I don't care about them anymore, nevertheless now that I see your novelties I think they look nice.
Glad that you like it^^

Offline chung

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:49:29 »
nice

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:51:11 »

Offline Afresh

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 00:55:44 »
Your CP color looks like grey on renders, might be misleading to some people.

Offline Litch0617

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 01:45:58 »
As a person who is studying psychology and is very concerned about human physical and mental health, this topic really attracts me so much...
You have explained why gmk CC and GMK CP are choosed, I think they are very appropriate. I am not very good at design.In my humble opinion,the design of the novelty keycaps has some homogeneity .if it's possible,try to add a few R2 novelty keycaps, eg:the backspace can be designed as "Psychosis" in special typeface.maybe handwritten font?another novelty keycaps can be designed according to some pills such as Chlorpromazine,Haloperidol etc.Even elements of Richard Freiherr von Krafft-Ebing or Sigismund Freud could be considered.Delusional elements could be added more?
Could separate the numpad into another kit?
hope u will understand my idea...my english is so poor...
anyway,it's nice work. Just take my money!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 03:01:39 »
Your basic ISO support also needs a R3 1u pipe key. Also F13 should be in mod color due to color sequence afyer F12. Please also change the mod color spacebar in base to alpha.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 05:54:01 by nvh2092 »

Offline huey

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 05:06:57 »
mod spacebar makes me psychotic

Offline Volny

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 05:29:37 »
The color scheme seems decidedly unpsychotic to me. Quite the contrary. It's sensible, restrained, deliberate, and a bit boring. If anything, almost too sane for its own good. Just my two cents.

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 06:58:39 »
Your CP color looks like grey on renders, might be misleading to some people.
Thanks for reminding me! I have updated!

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 07:01:27 »
Your cap renders look like they are in OEM not cherry, and they look very boxy. Maybe thats just me.
I think you can drop offcenter space from spacebar kit too, not enough use cases for it to be included imo. Please consider alpha colored spacebar in base instead of mod colored and consider b in base as well.

Novelties are nice, glwic  :thumb:

edit: increase the sizes of your labels, pretty much impossible to see. Also, your R2 in the base kit render isnt labeled.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 07:04:18 by LittleAad »

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 07:38:55 »
As a person who is studying psychology and is very concerned about human physical and mental health, this topic really attracts me so much...
You have explained why gmk CC and GMK CP are choosed, I think they are very appropriate. I am not very good at design.In my humble opinion,the design of the novelty keycaps has some homogeneity .if it's possible,try to add a few R2 novelty keycaps, eg:the backspace can be designed as "Psychosis" in special typeface.maybe handwritten font?another novelty keycaps can be designed according to some pills such as Chlorpromazine,Haloperidol etc.Even elements of Richard Freiherr von Krafft-Ebing or Sigismund Freud could be considered.Delusional elements could be added more?
Could separate the numpad into another kit?
hope u will understand my idea...my english is so poor...
anyway,it's nice work. Just take my money!
Thank you for your opinion! I will think what I should modify:)

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 07:41:03 »
mod spacebar makes me psychotic
Thank you for your opinion! Could you please tell me more about why it makes u psychotic?

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 07:43:13 »
The color scheme seems decidedly unpsychotic to me. Quite the contrary. It's sensible, restrained, deliberate, and a bit boring. If anything, almost too sane for its own good. Just my two cents.
Thank you for your opinion!

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 07:43:58 »
Your cap renders look like they are in OEM not cherry, and they look very boxy. Maybe thats just me.
I think you can drop offcenter space from spacebar kit too, not enough use cases for it to be included imo. Please consider alpha colored spacebar in base instead of mod colored and consider b in base as well.

Novelties are nice, glwic  :thumb:

edit: increase the sizes of your labels, pretty much impossible to see. Also, your R2 in the base kit render isnt labeled.
Thanks for the advice! I will try making some changes on it!! :)

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 08:21:01 »
When they put mod spacebars in the base kit, and no option for alpha colored (6.25 & 7) spacebars in the spacebars kit, but hey, you get another mod-colored 6.25 and 7u spacebars in the spacebars kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 08:26:11 by NovaRMK »

Offline ndimare

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 08:50:08 »
This is giving me extremely strong ashes vibes... which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it is quite close.

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:21:41 »
Man, I love the theme and inspiration, but it all looks sort of basic. I can see how a gray color palette fits the gloomy subject matter, but with so many other gray sets out there, this one doesn't really stand out much on its own.

But I always hope to see sets with darker inspirations go far, and I love the novelties. Best of luck with IC!  :thumb:

Offline .

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:25:35 »
As someone who's dealing with severe mental issues, I think this set is both triggering and a bad idea in general.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:26:38 »
when are they gonna include more than just icon mods with the keycap render kit

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:33:30 »
As someone who's dealing with severe mental issues, I think this set is both triggering and a bad idea in general.
well, I'm the one who is dealing with severe mental issues and I just wanna tell my experience through it.

Offline .

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:39:32 »
well, I'm the one who is dealing with severe mental issues and I just wanna tell my experience through it.

I'll leave it up to you then

Offline G14D

• Ars gratia arits
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:45:06 »
With love and care from HKMK community <3

Offline G14D

• Ars gratia arits
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 11:07:33 »

As someone who has been suffered from depressive order for years and takes medicine everyday which makes me feel like experiencing amnesia
I did not feel offended at all but I am not a psychosis so I will not comment on the novelties :P

Here's the proof that I am suffered from mental issues for years:)

Offline .

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 11:22:10 »

As someone who has been suffered from depressive order for years and takes medicine everyday which makes me feel like experiencing amnesia
I did not feel offended at all but I am not a psychosis so I will not comment on the novelties :P

Show Image

> takes medicine everyday which makes me feel like experiencing amnesia

I had this so much on citalopram, damn. Hope you're okay <3

Edit: what triggers me about this set are the novelties, because I have a long history of self-harm.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 11:25:24 by . »

Offline G14D

• Ars gratia arits
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 11:40:57 »

Show Image

> takes medicine everyday which makes me feel like experiencing amnesia

I had this so much on citalopram, damn. Hope you're okay <3

Edit: what triggers me about this set are the novelties, because I have a long history of self-harm.

Hope you are okay too buddy <3

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:13:03 »
Nice to see you reached out to the other designers regarding any potential clashes. It'd be worth speaking to Tyson behind GMK Ashes as this is closer to that set than anything else.

Nice to see the Santa Cruz Skateboards logo pop up in the novelties too...not sure if you'd get away with that one.

Offline HamKenobi

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:17:20 »
Nice IC but it looks basically like GMK Ashes.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:19:08 »
3edgy5me

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:19:47 »

The meaning behind this set is to raise the awareness of psychosis. We should know more about what psychosis is and be more considerable. It would be great if people showing love and respect to not only people with mental illness but everyone we know.

IMO - if your product is latching onto a social issue that you're looking to raise awareness of, you should be ensuring that some (if not all) of the financial gain from that product is actually benefiting that cause. Do you have any intention of donating funds from this group buy in support of raising mental health awareness?

Offline fropsie

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:22:31 »

The meaning behind this set is to raise the awareness of psychosis. We should know more about what psychosis is and be more considerable. It would be great if people showing love and respect to not only people with mental illness but everyone we know.

IMO - if your product is latching onto a social issue that you're looking to raise awareness of, you should be ensuring that some (if not all) of the financial gain from that product is actually benefiting that cause. Do you have any intention of donating funds from this group buy in support of raising mental health awareness?

+1 on this.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:23:22 »
GMK CP is the white of GMK Olivia. Did you mean CB?

Offline G14D

• Ars gratia arits
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:23:46 »
Nice IC but it looks basically like GMK Ashes.

Not even close…dafuq…

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:25:03 »

yes, I will donate some of the profit to the donating funds. details will be updated soon.

Offline Bleddyn

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:33:49 »
Nice to see you reached out to the other designers regarding any potential clashes. It'd be worth speaking to Tyson behind GMK Ashes as this is closer to that set than anything else.

Nice to see the Santa Cruz Skateboards logo pop up in the novelties too...not sure if you'd get away with that one.

Show Image

I echo the comments on the Santa Cruz screaming hand novelty, I have included the novelty and the logo atop each other for ease of comparison. I also want to ask what happened to the 1.5u version of the novelty shown below compared to the 1.25u version of the same novelty.

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:40:48 »

Show Image

Thank you for your opinion! I just contacted Tyson and waiting for his reply:)
and I'm sorry about that logo cuz I am not familiarised with the skateboard thing and did not check it carefully. I will make changes for it.

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:42:35 »

Show Image

I echo the comments on the Santa Cruz screaming hand novelty, I have included the novelty and the logo atop each other for ease of comparison. I also want to ask what happened to the 1.5u version of the novelty shown below compared to the 1.25u version of the same novelty.
'Thank you for your comparison and I can see the similarity now. I will update it asap

Offline fifty4hun

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:58:20 »

Show Image

I have communicated with tyson and he has no issue with it due to different colours and totally different concepts.
Thank again for your concern and I will improve more for this set.

Offline G14D

• Ars gratia arits
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:05:04 »

Show Image

Hmmmmm...Interesting
The logo you mentioned above is...the most creative and original design I have ever seen on the internet

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:16:03 by G14D »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:22:43 »

Show Image

Hmmmmm...Interesting
The logo you mentioned above is...the most creative and original design I have ever seen on the internet

Show Image

Show Image

Best way to prove that something isn't a rip off is to show other commercial uses that it also could be ripping off? Interesting.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:40:05 »

Show Image

Hmmmmm...Interesting

Show Image

Show Image

Best way to prove that something isn't a rip off is to show other commercial uses that it also could be ripping off? Interesting.

If it was a direct trace/rip, sure. It's not even close to being a direct copy. Don't be dumdum.