Author Topic: [GB] C³ Tangerine MX Switches [COMPLETE]  (Read 41948 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] C³ Tangerine MX Switches [COMPLETE]
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 02:08:53 »
We def want to bring this back. For the price,we can't negotiate a better price with Gateron and we do need to pay a lot of tax when exporting things. Actually, with TKC handling this buy,it saved a lot of shipping fees.

So how about a Round 2?

All in, all in. Let's get this going.
How about adding Novelkeys as a proxy for US buyers?

Offline PikaJoyce

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 02:36:49 »
We def want to bring this back. For the price,we can't negotiate a better price with Gateron and we do need to pay a lot of tax when exporting things. Actually, with TKC handling this buy,it saved a lot of shipping fees.

So how about a Round 2?

All in, all in. Let's get this going.
How about adding Novelkeys as a proxy for US buyers?
Good idea. I mean he's already proxy for linjar as well as for so why not tangerines as well? :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 16:05:42 »
All in for a R2. The milky housings are too scratchy so I vote for the black bottom clear tops.  The springs in R1 were pretty good on that verse as well.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 16:14:38 »
I need milky tangerines asap.  :( I already used most of my 270 tangerines and i have at least two upcoming builds.

All in for a R2. The milky housings are too scratchy so I vote for the black bottom clear tops.  The springs in R1 were pretty good on that verse as well.

I've the opposite experience with milky housing. Maybe because i mod these heavily (lubing all possible contact points)
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 16:19:21 by T0mb3ry »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 16:18:27 »
I need milky tangerines asap.  :( I already used most of my 270 tangerines and i have at least two upcoming builds.

Me too!
Plan to buy more this time around. Great switches.

Offline Jinnnxxu

• U only live once
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 20:05:16 »
Gonna in for sure!
Ins: Jinnnxxu     Discord:Jinnnxxu#9644    
Exclusive: E8V1 | E7V1 x14 | E7-VX | E6V2 x1 | E6V2 PE x7 | E6.5 x9 | E7SE x3 | E8.5 x5
Matrix: 1.0RE | 1.2RE | Abel | Abel+ | Cain | 2.0 x8 | 2.2 x8 | Abel-x x4 | M6 x2 | 1.2OG x15 | Project F x2 | 2.0AD x15 | Noah x3 | Mr. Hat x3 | 2.0VK x1
Rama: M60-A x4 | M65-A x2 | M6-A 88edition | M6-B | KOYU x3 | M60-A SEQ2 X4 | M6-C x2 | U80 x5 | M10-C | M6-C | M60 LNY x2 | M60 Olivia x2 | M65-B x5
FOX: Leaf 80 x4 | Leaf 60 x4 | Key65 x5      TGR:Jane V2 | 910RE | Jane V2 CE x2     Percent: Canoe x3 | Maze x2 | Skog lite | Canoe FE x2
Others: Mira SE x2 | Jermini | C225 x2 | INETT Cross x2 | Kira 80 | Kira 60 | Zephyr 65 R2 | Space 65 x2 | Volcano 660 x3 | INETT Square80 x4 | INETT Square68 x6 | FMJ 80 x2 | Keycult No.2 x1 | Thermal x2

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 20:43:53 »

I've the opposite experience with milky housing. Maybe because i mod these heavily (lubing all possible contact points)

Can confirm, the milky bottoms are a lot less smooth (and sound worse) than the black ones. But they take lube just fine, as you found.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 22:50:09 »

Can confirm, the milky bottoms are a lot less smooth (and sound worse) than the black ones. But they take lube just fine, as you found.

I do not have the black bottom ones, my milky bottom ones are scratchy before lubing but scratchiness largely goes away after a thin 3204 lube.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 18:03:38 »

The milky tangerines if lubed properly do not need to hide from any other switches in terms of smoothness. Yes there is a slight scratch in a raw switch but the lube eliminates it. If you prefer raw switch then this will be an issue.

How they sound is honestly a subjective thing. Fact is, they have the deepest sound from all mx switches so far - due to their soft plastic. Also the softer milky plastic does affect bottom out greatly and makes those the softest non silent mx switch. That all is of course for everyone a subjective preference. If someone likes high pitched sound switches with harsh bottoming out, then the milky switch is the worst choice. But if you do like those properties, then its the best.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 18:05:37 »

The milky tangerines if lubed properly do not need to hide from any other switches in terms of smoothness. Yes there is a slight scratch in a raw switch but the lube eliminates it. If you prefer raw switch then this will be an issue.

How they sound is honestly a subjective thing. Fact is, they have the deepest sound from all mx switches so far - due to their soft plastic. Also the softer milky plastic does affect bottom out greatly and makes those the softest non silent mx switch. That all is of course for everyone a subjective preference. If someone likes high pitched sound switches with harsh bottoming out, then the milky switch is the worst choice. But if you do like those properties, then its the best.

Agree that the bottoming out on a Gateron milky bottom feels a bit soft. And it is a preference thing.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 23:21:59 »

I really like the milky bottom ones. They've been on my daily driver for about 2 months now. Lube helps but I also appreciate the soft landing.

Agree that the bottoming out on a Gateron milky bottom feels a bit soft. And it is a preference thing.