Author Topic: [GB] Pizza65 R2 | The Made In Italy minimalistic 65% is back | Shipping  (Read 44150 times)

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
Finally the last batch of Silver Ash Pizza65s has arrived, so that we can ship all the PizzaPCB orders by the end of this week.
As for the Slice65 we are still waiting for the Rev 2 prototypes from our supplier, but if all goes smooth as expected we can enter production quite soon and finally ship the hot-swap boards. We can’t wait for you to test out the Slice65 with the new Kailh V2s, wich are great.
We apologize again for the delays, but again this was an hell of a ride with lot of new problems to face for us.

Offline Yep_Bolt

I love this project.

This is my pizza65 r2 becouse I could not partecipate at r1.
Thank you for new opprotunity to R2 GB

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 May 2022, 15:07:14 by Yep_Bolt »

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
I am happy to announce that all orders containing the PizzaPCB have been shipped!  ;D
We can't wait to see your builds!
Updates will follow regarding the status of the Slice65 orders

Offline h_

Re: [GB] Pizza65 R2 | The Made In Italy minimalistic 65% is back | Shipping
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 10:14:39 »
Can confirm. My Pizza arrived today 🎉 Now I have to wait for another 1-2 months for the matching key caps to arrive 🤣. At least I already finished lubing switches and can now begin to solder the Mill-Max sockets. And maybe a cable …

Offline I5 20VT

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 09:44:16 »
My Pizza65 arrived today :D

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 10:52:15 »
Good looking packaging and keeb.  Also, great photography  :thumb:

Offline I5 20VT

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 12:40:04 »
Good looking packaging and keeb.  Also, great photography  :thumb:
Thank you! I will be a fun weekend project :thumb:

And agreed, the packaging is rather nice :)

Offline I5 20VT

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 04:51:23 »
And it´s done for now  ;D

More here: https://imgur.com/a/Z3rpYWU

Offline Jung

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 20:54:54 »
Any updates on the Slice65 orders?

Offline Rationalkeys

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 10:32:11 »
Ohh that red one is alarmingly good.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 04:39:42 »
Hi Jung, having solved our problems we were able to start the production of our PCBs.
We should receive them by the last week of October / first of November, from then the remaining shipments will leave.
We will try to package and ship all orders as soon as possible, we know we have made you wait a long time but we hope you are as confident in our work as you have always done until now.
Best Regards

Offline Jung

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 16 October 2022, 04:35:45 »
Thank you for the prompt reply! Cheers.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 17 November 2022, 05:17:43 »
We just received the shipping notice for the PCBs!
They should arrive in the middle of the next week, we will do our best and try to ship all the orders in a couple of days. We expect to start shipping on november 25
As soon as we receive the Slices we will start packing nonstop.
Thanks to everyone for the huge patience, I know it was really tough.
Hopefully it will be worth it!

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 09:26:00 »
Pizza65 R2 Extras are dropping this Tuesday at 17:00 GMT!
Very limited quantities, FCFS on www.keyboards.pizza
Both Hot Swap Slice65 and Solderable PizzaPCB units available, all the extras are ready-to-ship and will depart as soon as the all the GB preorders will be shipped.

Offline Jung

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 20:09:01 »
Anyone having issues with the Slice65 PCB? I'm on macOS Monterey and the volume +/-, screen brightness +/-, and media playback doesn't work after remapped with VIA.

Offline vrapan

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 06:29:13 »
hi guys, so tried to purchase a HS PCB... I mean the 70 euros for it is quite steep but what got to me - and bulked down - is the 30 euros shipping to the UK.... I mean it is a PCB it probably weighs less than 100gr with packaging. I work in a business where we ship from the UK to pretty much everywhere in the world, I think nothing we ship costs us more than 20-25£ to ship even when we are shipping to the weirdest and remotest places! Is that the correct price? Can you provide a more cost effective way to ship?

Failing that anyone in the UK interested in bulk buying a few PCBs to share the shipping cost. I want to rebuild my keyboard but no matter how much I like it it is not worth 100 euros for a PCB no matter how i see it

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 09:46:28 »
hi guys, so tried to purchase a HS PCB... I mean the 70 euros for it is quite steep but what got to me - and bulked down - is the 30 euros shipping to the UK.... I mean it is a PCB it probably weighs less than 100gr with packaging. I work in a business where we ship from the UK to pretty much everywhere in the world, I think nothing we ship costs us more than 20-25£ to ship even when we are shipping to the weirdest and remotest places! Is that the correct price? Can you provide a more cost effective way to ship?

Failing that anyone in the UK interested in bulk buying a few PCBs to share the shipping cost. I want to rebuild my keyboard but no matter how much I like it it is not worth 100 euros for a PCB no matter how i see it
buy a KBD67 hotswap pcb and be done with it

Offline I5 20VT

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 13:24:13 »
Can confirm, the KBD67 PCB fits perfectly. I´m using a KBD67 Lite R3 HS PCB at this moment 👍
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2023, 13:26:26 by I5 20VT »

Offline vrapan

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 14:02:34 »
Can confirm, the KBD67 PCB fits perfectly. I´m using a KBD67 Lite R3 HS PCB at this moment 👍

They are OOS everywhere, that's what happened the first time i tried to buy it and when i got a reminder that it was back in stock i did the stupid mistake to buy a solderable.

Anyway i will ask for a reminder again and see how it goes.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 15:31:44 »

They are OOS everywhere, that's what happened the first time i tried to buy it and when i got a reminder that it was back in stock i did the stupid mistake to buy a solderable.

Anyway i will ask for a reminder again and see how it goes.

Divinikey has them in stock.  Not sure where you are located though.

Offline Jung

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 06:19:43 »
Hi Jung, having solved our problems we were able to start the production of our PCBs.
We should receive them by the last week of October / first of November, from then the remaining shipments will leave.
We will try to package and ship all orders as soon as possible, we know we have made you wait a long time but we hope you are as confident in our work as you have always done until now.
Best Regards

You sold me a dud PCB and you've stalled me since first week of Dec 2022. I've emailed you 4 times and every time you said you're working on the a fix. You don't reply to Instagram or Facebook, and you're now ignoring emails.

Buyer beware.

Offline diddus

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 13:30:15 »
Best Regards

You sold me a dud PCB and you've stalled me since first week of Dec 2022. I've emailed you 4 times and every time you said you're working on the a fix. You don't reply to Instagram or Facebook, and you're now ignoring emails.

Buyer beware.

Same for me. I ordered the black replacement top piece but received the silver one. No reply since mid of December, ignoring all of my emails since.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 10:54:20 »
Best Regards

Buyer beware.
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in responding.
I'm here to answer all your doubts and clarify the situation regarding the Slice65.
Unfortunately the STM microcontroller we decided to use in production so that we could solve all the shortage situation it's making it difficult for us to add this features. The person that we hired to design the Slice65 (and that offered himself to write the firmware and to host it on his own GitHub) is basically ghosting us, he stopped answering all of our request and so we are trying the get our hands on the project.
We certainly don't want to dump all the responsability on him and in fact we understand your resentment towards us and we ask you once again to wait a little longer to be able to solve the problem that would appear to be related to chip memory space problems.
At the moment we are asking help to professional figures in order to see if it's fixable.
Updates will follow

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 10:54:34 »
Best Regards

Buyer beware.

Same for me. I ordered the black replacement top piece but received the silver one. No reply since mid of December, ignoring all of my emails since.
Right now we are answering at all our left out mail

Offline diddus

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 12:27:42 »
Best Regards

Buyer beware.

Right now we are answering at all our left out mail

Thank's! Problem solved :)

Offline Striker78

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 15:48:23 »
I used https://usevia.app/#/ to configure the keyboard, as directed in their blog post on "How to use VIA with the Slice65 Hot-Swap PCB, while waiting for QMK to merge our request".  It worked great and I'm already getting used to using layers.

I want to implement some functionality that doesn't seem to be available in VIA.  I program in C++, so I don't think QMK would be too difficult for me, but I'm not sure exactly what I need in order to get started.

I have read: https://keyboards.pizza/blogs/news/how-to-use-via-with-the-slice65-hot-swap-pcb-while-waiting-for-qmk-to-merge-our-request

If I'm understanding the situation correctly, the slice65 firmware has been developed by Pizza Keyboards, but has not yet been merged into qmk_firmware.  When I check for pull requests or issues I can only find the pull request for the last keyboard.  https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/11604

When I look through "firmware" it looks like not too much more than some c++ code that describes the layout of the PCB.  Does anyone know where this unmerged source code is?  Seems like I should be able to fork the qmk_firmware repo, merge it into my own repo, and compile some new firmware.

Please advise.

Thx,
Chad

Offline Jung

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 19:26:25 »
Best Regards

Buyer beware.

I received an email from Pizza Keyboards with the new firmware. You can download it in the same blog posts from Nov 2022: https://keyboards.pizza/blogs/news/how-to-use-via-with-the-slice65-hot-swap-pcb-while-waiting-for-qmk-to-merge-our-request
I wish they made a separate blog post and come clean about what has happened, but I'm glad it got fixed.

Offline Striker78

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 23:49:37 »
I received an email from Pizza Keyboards with the new firmware. You can download it in the same blog posts from Nov 2022: https://keyboards.pizza/blogs/news/how-to-use-via-with-the-slice65-hot-swap-pcb-while-waiting-for-qmk-to-merge-our-request
I wish they made a separate blog post and come clean about what has happened, but I'm glad it got fixed.

Jung, thanks for your reply.  I did download the compiled binary file from that blog post.  Unless I'm mistaken, I can't compile my own QMK binary until I get the slice65 version of this file:

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/pizzakeyboards/pizza65/pizza65.h

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 06 March 2023, 10:45:46 »
Hi everyone! Yes the firmware has been fixed. I'm sorry that the release required some time, during the last days I've been reaching out to people that contacted us because of the media keys issues while waiting for the official announcement, because we were building a new dedicated space for Pizza Keyboards owners and keyboards enthusiast in general.
In fact today we are launching a new Discord Community with nice stuff like  downloads section (including binaries, source files, models), direct technical support, discussions, off-topics, and many more. If you have Discord you can join through this link:https://discord.com/invite/vpbzFrZJ38
In the next days I will update the firmware again so that it can be used with Vial, wich looks like a really cool VIA alternative with more features.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 06 March 2023, 10:53:01 »

Jung, thanks for your reply.  I did download the compiled binary file from that blog post.  Unless I'm mistaken, I can't compile my own QMK binary until I get the slice65 version of this file:

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/pizzakeyboards/pizza65/pizza65.h

Yes, you need the Slice65 source for building your own firmware, not only the slice65.h file but the entire folder since many things are different. Then you could use QMK configurator to build a .json keymap file and use a specific QMK feature that lets you convert the JSON to a keymap.c file, usable to be compiled. The source is already available on the Discord, since it's not very common for our users to compile the firmware itself I never considered uploading it to the website but I could write a detailed tutorial, it would be nice

Offline Striker78

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 08 March 2023, 20:03:38 »
Hi everyone! Yes the firmware has been fixed. I'm sorry that the release required some time, during the last days I've been reaching out to people that contacted us because of the media keys issues while waiting for the official announcement, because we were building a new dedicated space for Pizza Keyboards owners and keyboards enthusiast in general.
In fact today we are launching a new Discord Community with nice stuff like  downloads section (including binaries, source files, models), direct technical support, discussions, off-topics, and many more. If you have Discord you can join through this link:https://discord.com/invite/vpbzFrZJ38
In the next days I will update the firmware again so that it can be used with Vial, wich looks like a really cool VIA alternative with more features.

Thank you for providing this code.  I've had a great time developing custom firmware for my slice65 over the past few days.

For those that don't know, making custom QMK firmware offers quite a bit more functionality that Via currently provides including:
* You can have up to 32 layers
* You can use keycodes that are not available in Via (mission control, launchpad, etc...)
* You can have keys that act like keys when pressed and modifies when held and other keys are typed
* You can have dynamic macos
* You can play sound out of pizio electric speakers you connect to the GPIO pins (I have not done this)
* etc.. (too much to list)

For those that don't know, normally (I gather), the source code is merged into the qmk_firmware github repository (https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware) so that users following the QMK Tutorial (https://docs.qmk.fm/#/newbs?id=the-qmk-tutorial) will be able to learn how to compile and flash their keyboard and learn how to make custom keymaps that suit their needs.

I have forked the qmk_firmware repo here (https://github.com/cskeeters/qmk_firmware_slice65).  In this repo, I have two branches:
* slice65 - just has the code from PizzaKeyboards with a few small fixes
* cskeeters - my current keymap

slice65_source.zip has been expanded in keyboards/pizzakeyboards/slice65.

Anyone wanting to build their own QMK firmware can clone my repo to their computer, checkout one of the branches mentioned, compile the firmware, and flash their board.  An outline of this process would be something like:

Code: [Select]
brew install qmk/qmk/qmk
qmk setup cskeeters/qmk_firmware_slice65
cd qmk_firmware_slice65
git checkout slice65
qmk flash -j 8 -kb slice65 -km pizzakeyboards/slice65

Check out the readme for the keyboard here: https://github.com/cskeeters/qmk_firmware_slice65/tree/slice65/keyboards/pizzakeyboards/slice65
Check out the readme for the default keymap here: https://github.com/cskeeters/qmk_firmware_slice65/tree/slice65/keyboards/pizzakeyboards/slice65/keymaps/default
Check out the readme for the my custom keymap here: https://github.com/cskeeters/qmk_firmware_slice65/tree/cskeeters/keyboards/pizzakeyboards/slice65/keymaps/cskeeters

PizzaKeyboards (mm0nty?), I'd like to see this code get integrated into qmk_firmware.  If you are not planning on creating a pull request in the official qmk_firmware github repo, let me know and I will do it.  You're welcome to fork what I have done, modify it as you see fit, and create a pull request from that.