Author Topic: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy  (Read 7910 times)

Offline jjanssen1

[GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy
« on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 17:25:33 »
EDIT:
Unfortunately, this GB will no longer be happening.

More
Hi Geekhack,

Welcome to the Australian HHKB group buy :)

Here's how it will work:

1:You send me your order for any HHKB from PFU Fujitsu's website.

2:I place the order with PFU Fujitsu

3:I get order shipped to a shipping proxy in batches of 3 Keyboards, 1 week apart (to make sure that you don't have to pay tax and duty from customs)

4:Proxy receives order and ships to me (in Melbourne)

5:Once I receive order from proxy, I ship via AusPost regular mail **OR** if you you are local, you can pick up from me or I can deliver.

6:You receive your brand new HHKB

How will this work?

I will be ordering directly from PFU Fujitsu and shipping to Australia using http://tenso.com/en,
The keyboards are shipped in batches of 3, which costs roughly ¥5000 YEN (¥1666 per person($19.00 AUD)).
When the boards are in Australia, the AusPost shipping cost is roughly $15-20 Aud bringing the total cost up to $34-39 AUD.

What boards will be available?
The complete selection of boards can be found here: http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/direct/hhkb/

But here's a basic list of what boards will be available and their prices respectively:

HHKB Pro 2 English. Black or White. Blank or Printed caps ¥24,840 YEN = $290 AUD

HHKB Pro 2 Japan. Black or white. Printed caps ¥24,840 YEN = $290 AUD

HHKB Pro 2 Type-S English. White. Blank or Printed caps ¥29,700 YEN = $347 AUD

HHKB Pro 2 Type-S Japan. White. Printed caps ¥29,700 YEN = $347 AUD

HHKB Pro 2 Bluetooth English. Black. Blank or Printed caps ¥29,700 YEN = $347 AUD

HHKB Pro 2 Bluetooth Japan. Black. Printed caps ¥29,700 YEN = $347 AUD

How many spots are available?

There are 9 Spots available (3 Boxes). There is already 1 spot reserved for myself (meaning that 8 spots are still available)

How do I order?
You can send me your order via Geekhack PM's.

Here is how you format your order (copy and paste):

Name:
Email:
Phone (Home or mobile):
Suburb:
What keyboard/s do you want:
Do you want to pick up from me in Kilsyth South (YES/NO):
Payment Method (PayPal or Bank transfer)

Payment Details:
The payment methods that will be accepted are Bank Transfer and PayPal. If you choose PayPal Goods and Services, you will be responsible for paying PayPal fees.

After you submit your order I will send you an invoice along with details for payment.
After you pay, I will send you a receipt along with an estimate for arrival.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them.

Thanks  :thumb:

-Joshua
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 03:40:31 by jjanssen1 »
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 05:01:57 »
Approval Bump  :thumb:

Moderation Note:
Potential buyers, please be aware of the payment terms stated in the Group Buy description.  This thread has been approved, but as always, "Buyer Beware" rules apply!

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2017, 14:18:27 by Moderation Team »
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 05:05:14 »
Straya'

Offline Sissy

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 06:23:02 »

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 15:06:23 »
Just so anyone interested knows the full history of this buy starting on Reddit you can read the comments raising some concern here in his Reddit post, unfortunately the post text is deleted but many good points are raised about how dangerous it is to bank transfer hundreds of dollars since you have no insurance basically.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5sangx/gb_australian_hhkb_group_buy/?st=IYUKRYN4&sh=38564bb1

Then he makes another post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5sczch/gb_australian_hhkb_group_buy_update_post/?st=IYUL1092&sh=2b9bdd0b

Passive aggressively saying (basically pouting) that no one is wants to buy from him solely because he's under 18 when people clearly say it's just because there is no buyer protection adding a crispy "Sorry for trying to help out." At the end of his post.

So as stated, be careful!

Moderation Note:
Potential buyers, please be aware of the payment terms stated in the Group Buy description.  This thread has been approved, but as always, "Buyer Beware" rules apply!

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 15:49:50 »
Just so anyone interested knows the full history of this buy starting on Reddit you can read the comments raising some concern here in his Reddit post, unfortunately the post text is deleted but many good points are raised about how dangerous it is to bank transfer hundreds of dollars since you have no insurance basically.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5sangx/gb_australian_hhkb_group_buy/?st=IYUKRYN4&sh=38564bb1

Then he makes another post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5sczch/gb_australian_hhkb_group_buy_update_post/?st=IYUL1092&sh=2b9bdd0b

Passive aggressively saying (basically pouting) that no one is wants to buy from him solely because he's under 18 when people clearly say it's just because there is no buyer protection adding a crispy "Sorry for trying to help out." At the end of his post.

So as stated, be careful!

Moderation Note:

Well put.

-Joshua
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 03:45:15 by jjanssen1 »
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy - Taking Orders
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 16:32:52 »
Hi Everyone,

My Dad works as an accountant, so if I got him to help with PayPal invoices, would you be more comfortable joining?

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 16:35:17 »
Hi Everyone,

My Dad works as an accountant, so if I got him to help with PayPal invoices, would you be more comfortable joining?

-Joshua

Having a legitimate PayPal address to send to would allow for the protection people are looking for.  As long as you were able to have access to those funds, I don't see a problem.

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy - Taking Orders - NOW ACCEPTING PAYAPL G&S
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 19:43:51 »
Now accepting PayPal good and services :thumb:
If you choose this payment method, you will be responsible for paying PayPal fees.

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 01:33:38 »
Hi Everyone,

-Joshua

Having a legitimate PayPal address to send to would allow for the protection people are looking for.  As long as you were able to have access to those funds, I don't see a problem.

You do know that there has to be a strict 180 day time limit for this venture because if no one receives their HHKB before 180 days, then the claims shall come pouring into Paypal.

The Group Buy organizer has to be aware of that vital fact here since most will only trust Paypal to deliver their money back if the Organizer fails to provide them with their HHKBs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 February 2017, 01:36:04 by Elrick »

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 01:40:48 »
Hi Everyone,

-Joshua

You do know that there has to be a strict 180 day time limit for this venture because if no one receives their HHKB before 180 days, then the claims shall come pouring into Paypal.

The Group Buy organizer has to be aware of that vital fact here since most will only trust Paypal to deliver their money back if the Organizer fails to provide them with their HHKBs.

The group buy will go for like 3 weeks at most.
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy - Taking Orders - NOW ACCEPTING PAYAPL G&S
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 05:45:29 »
7 Spots left (1 left of first batch/wave)  :thumb:
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy - Taking Orders - 6 SPOTS LEFT!
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 20:04:24 »
6 Spots left, 1 left for first wave (I'm going to join at a later wave so there is still one left for first wave) :thumb:

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy - Taking Orders - 6 SPOTS LEFT!
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 17:31:45 »
Someone dropped out, so there is still a spot left for first batch  :thumb:
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline jjanssen1

Re: [GB] Australian HHKB Group Buy - Taking Orders - 5 SPOTS LEFT!
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 00:51:32 »
Quick update:

Someone has taken the last spot for round one, so if you want to join, it will have to be for round 2 or 3.

I am also waiting on a reply from a reddit user before I start invoicing, but as soon as he replies, I will start PayPal invoicing everyone  :thumb:

Thanks

-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline sangeth

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 15:51:35 »
Let me know when there's another spot free.  Thinking of getting a Black HHKB to go with my collection.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 03:25:35 »
Let me know when there's another spot free.  Thinking of getting a Black HHKB to go with my collection.

+1 me too

Unfortunately I am no longer running this group buy. I will be asking the moderators to lock this thread shortly.
-Joshua
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 04:22:37 »

+1 me too

Unfortunately I am no longer running this group buy. I will be asking the moderators to lock this thread shortly.
-Joshua

No worries mate. I should have noticed the date on your last post :)