Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2776832 times)

Offline SUPER432

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:16:32 »
Realforce 87u 45g. There's also a Filco TKL with blues on the desk. Mostly use the Realforce - blues too loud but still love em!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:17:19 »
Switched to GON again while I clean the LZ-S ^_^ been using my laptop's stock keyboard a lot too because lazy when traveling to bring out a $500 keyboard...
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #602 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:18:14 »
Aha!  Now using QFS MX green with PBT dyesubs at work (and switched back to HHKB at home).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #603 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:21:10 »
Switched to GON again while I clean the LZ-S ^_^ been using my laptop's stock keyboard a lot too because lazy when traveling to bring out a $500 keyboard...

Did anything happen or is it just a regular cleaning?

Yikes to that price, but it looks absolutely amazing.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #604 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:21:35 »
Nope just some regular cleaning ^_^ Noticed the caps were getting a little dirty.
I love Elzy

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #605 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 00:27:05 »
Aha!  Now using QFS MX green with PBT dyesubs at work (and switched back to HHKB at home).

Those are such different switches...does it not bother you to switch between them so frequently?
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #606 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 00:32:34 »
HHKB Pro 2 Silenced

Offline simon_C

« Reply #607 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:29:57 »
WASD v1 with blank filco caps and CUSTOM™ Wrist wrest.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:33:03 by simon_C »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #608 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 20:29:44 »
Using my bro-in-laws QFR with blues at the office today to test it out before I return it this weekend...I've been using browns for so long that I've missed the clicky!
I've returned the QFR with blues to my bro-in-law already so I'm back to using my QFR with lubed vintage browns at work.

I miss the clicky and surprisingly enough, the guy at the desk near mine does too.  He misses what he called "that old school clicking keyboard".

Anyway, I'm decided to go with blues for my 60%. :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #609 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 20:34:13 »
Back to the LZ-S, good as new!
I love Elzy

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #610 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 21:48:32 »
Back to the LZ-S, good as new!

Pics or it didn't happen :P

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 22:10:43 »
Currently using a Siig Minitouch w/ Monterey Blues. I have it mapped out correctly for Mac using KeyRemap4MacBook, but I just need to get accustomed to the key placement and key sizes. I'm also noticing my iMac is missing a lot of keypresses. It's connected AT -> AT to PS/2 adapter -> PS/2 to USB adapter -> plugged into powered USB hub.

Long string of adapters/connection, but the feel of these switches is definitely worth it.  :thumb:

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #612 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 22:21:26 »
Just cleaned this thing up:

A few of the larger keys are marked PBT, but they are "thick" keycaps and feel like ABS.  I think they're from a G80.  Are they probably ABS?
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 22:23:46 by PointyFox »

Offline opensecret

• 公开的秘密
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 23:19:26 »
Currently using a Siig Minitouch w/ Monterey Blues. I have it mapped out correctly for Mac using KeyRemap4MacBook, but I just need to get accustomed to the key placement and key sizes. I'm also noticing my iMac is missing a lot of keypresses. It's connected AT -> AT to PS/2 adapter -> PS/2 to USB adapter -> plugged into powered USB hub.

Long string of adapters/connection, but the feel of these switches is definitely worth it.  :thumb:

That's the same cable arrangement I use with my Northgates.  Kind of Rube Goldberg, and I've found that not all PS/2/USB adapters are created equal, but the setup works reliably with Windows machines, except that after sleeping the machine, I often have to pull and reseat the USB cable to bring the keyboard to life. 

With my Mac, I didn't have a problem with missing keypresses, but I could never find an iOS keyboard remapping app that would give me the layout I wanted.  I finally switched back to a Mac keyboard with that machine. 
IBM Model M |Matias Mini Quiet Pro|Plum 84EC-S|RealForce 103U-UW & 87U-UW|Omnikey Ultra T| 2 Omnikey Ultras| WASD V2| Xmit Hall Effect|

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #614 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 23:27:32 »
That's the same cable arrangement I use with my Northgates.  Kind of Rube Goldberg, and I've found that not all PS/2/USB adapters are created equal, but the setup works reliably with Windows machines, except that after sleeping the machine, I often have to pull and reseat the USB cable to bring the keyboard to life. 

With my Mac, I didn't have a problem with missing keypresses, but I could never find an iOS keyboard remapping app that would give me the layout I wanted.  I finally switched back to a Mac keyboard with that machine.

Thanks for the heads-up. I finally gave up and switched back to my RF. I've tucked the Siig back into it's box for the night..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 23:47:41 »
Trying out my HHKB

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #616 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 02:15:33 »
Im getting the picture that there are no strict favourites.. Maybe just favourite singular aspects about certain keyboards. Like food your "favourite of the moment must tend to be whatever you're in the mood for.
- Filco MJ2 104 MX Brown -

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #617 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 02:27:58 »
Trying out my HHKB

Let me know how it all goes, my good sir. MUST KNOW.

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #618 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 02:36:07 »
Im getting the picture that there are no strict favourites.. Maybe just favourite singular aspects about certain keyboards. Like food your "favourite of the moment must tend to be whatever you're in the mood for.

That's definitely true, and I think hanging around this place is a bad, bad influence - you're a lot more likely to swap around and buy new crap because of this forum!

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #619 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 04:56:43 »
Yip! Money comes & goes but happy memories are forever man!! @least thats what the consumerism cortex in my head is convincing me haha

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #620 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 09:54:10 »

Poker II, MX Brown.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #621 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 09:55:42 »
Show Image

Poker II, MX Brown.

Is your monitor on a shoebox stand? 'Cause that's awesome

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #622 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 10:05:52 »
Haha, it's actually a modem box. Just temporary for now as we're in the middle of changing offices.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline dante

« Reply #623 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 12:41:34 »
I think you guys hit it on the head - there isn't only ONE keyboard but MANY.

You can say "Oh this is the best keyboard I've ever typed on!  I can sell the rest."

And maybe you'll be satisfied for some time but you will always eventually crack.

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #624 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 14:38:16 »
I think you guys hit it on the head - there isn't only ONE keyboard but MANY.

You can say "Oh this is the best keyboard I've ever typed on!  I can sell the rest."

And maybe you'll be satisfied for some time but you will always eventually crack.

To each their own, not everyone would share the same taste. Just as well I guess most of us are searching/longing for the "perfect" keyboard.

Not all people maybe comfortable with selling their other keyboards. Some of them may like to do keyboard rotation in a bid to prevent excess wear and tear on one particular keyboard. Others I guess one could crudely say "hoard" their spare keyboards as such keyboards maybe rare (or eventually will get rare). Just as well I am sure one can find collectors of various sorts. They have their own reasons.

Eventually crack is part of the game, almost everything involves money. Not trying to grill you for this but I am sure people have constantly moaned about the fact that they have been "wallet hacked". I am sure these are the tell tales signs of one's seriousness to be a collector of some sort.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline jkercado

• Green XM clickclacker
« Reply #625 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 16:26:24 »
Still using my Unicomp Ultra Classic at the office. I've tried different things but always come back to buckling spring goodness.

Ducky 1087XM Green | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black | IBM M4 | 1989 IBM Model M | Genius i200 | Cherry G84-4100 | Microsoft Arc Keyboard

Offline iri

« Reply #626 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 02:35:10 »
Show Image

Poker II, MX Brown.

mine stands on a magsafe box.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2013, 03:48:01 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #627 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 03:13:50 »
Show Image

Poker II, MX Brown.

mine standas on a magsafe box.

My monitor sit on the desk, and is as low as I can get it.  Due to a neck problem, I cannot look up for long, and I prefer to have my head angled slightly down.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #628 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 05:40:43 »

How this?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #629 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 06:07:06 »
Old school rig :thumb:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #630 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 19:00:49 »
Show Image

How this?

Hey, those look great on that keyboard!  Much better than they looked on my color cases.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline h2gofast

« Reply #631 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 04:51:10 »
Model F 122 key with soarer's converter.  snickity-snickity-snick-snick-snickity

Offline Emospence

« Reply #632 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 06:10:40 »
They're here! So good, was afraid they might be too stiff, but nope, perfecto!

Swopped the ctrl and caps, HHKB did that right heh
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #633 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 06:14:42 »

Via DIN to PS/2 adapter. I am only going to use it for a few days or virtually until I get sick of it. For an old keyboard it still has issues even though I have tried my best to try and address them. I guess the keyboard is either aging and/or the switch design seems to be pretty weak.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline iri

« Reply #634 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 10:09:36 »
topre 86ub | iri's insane short throw mod

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #635 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 10:13:11 »
topre 86ub | iri's insane short throw mod

Show Image

give us the mod details...don't tease ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #636 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 10:34:34 »
i bought a flexible 2mm thick plastic carving board, cut it into 4mm wide and 28cm long stripes and put them under the keys. it's insane, i told ya.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #637 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 10:41:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

congrats! greatest switch ever!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #638 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 04:15:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Heh I have the same lavender WASD on my HHKB :)

Offline iri

« Reply #639 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 04:53:59 »
but nobody's keyboard has such light green background as mine!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #640 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:18:08 »
Membrane POS, but not for long  :rolleyes:

Offline geekhead

« Reply #641 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 02:35:17 »
keycool 84 that arrived few days ago, loving it  :thumb:

Offline berrymxblue

« Reply #642 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 02:40:15 »
Poker II and All white Nopoo Choc Mini

Offline BGD

« Reply #643 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 02:54:59 »
QFR w/ Blues at work and White Poker II w/ Browns at home :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #644 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 03:52:48 »
Still HHKB at home, but eyeing my Model M, and also wondering whether I should dig the old NEC keyboard out again now that I have the PS/2 to USB adaptor (although the missing left arrow switch is kinda annoying).

Offline Phagocytosis

« Reply #645 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 07:01:02 »

leopold tkl! mx ghetto greens. and milestone wristrest
Leopold TKL - Ghetto Green
Apple Extended II - Orange Alps

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #646 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 15:57:00 »
SS 7G and Poker II

Both mint condition even after intense usage in the last 6 months

The Poker II needs a little pimpin' but i'm switching the brown to green beforehand. Then it'll be unique enough for me to modify the keycap set.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #647 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 03:44:15 »
Show Image

Those (SP is it?) faded function row actually look pretty good on there :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #648 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 17:58:13 »
NEC APC H4100E.  It is AT keyboard, I am using AT to PS/2 adaptor, and also PS/2 to USB adaptor.  Works fine on a Mac :)

Coiled cable, anyone?

47023-0

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #649 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 17:59:11 »
Leopold FC660M, just awesome.