Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763122 times)

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #750 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 08:21:44 »
Hey thats not a mechanical keyboard
Neither is mine at the moment. Logitech G11, which will go into retirement as soon as I receive my G80-3000...
Left shift gets stuck all the time, I think some keys are even missing stabilizers. Oh yeah, and F4 activates on its own whether I press it or not. Constantly. So I have it disabled. :rolleyes:

Im suprised that you are still using it . If it were me, it would be thrown out the window the first time a problem arises

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #751 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 09:49:16 »
Still typing on my Typenow Solid with MX blues. It has served me well, but it will be retiring soon once I finish the Topre board I'm working on.

Offline moonexe

« Reply #752 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 17:28:21 »
Hey thats not a mechanical keyboard
Neither is mine at the moment. Logitech G11, which will go into retirement as soon as I receive my G80-3000...
Left shift gets stuck all the time, I think some keys are even missing stabilizers. Oh yeah, and F4 activates on its own whether I press it or not. Constantly. So I have it disabled. :rolleyes:

Im suprised that you are still using it . If it were me, it would be thrown out the window the first time a problem arises
Oh I will, when I have a replacement. :rolleyes:

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #753 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 17:30:59 »
Using the Model M now for some buckling spring goodness, but I think I'll go back to the HHKB soon since this full size layout really bugs.

Offline VolantPhalanx

• Cult Classic
« Reply #754 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 17:58:48 »
Now using my new HHKB pro 2, incredibly nice switches and great noise. I actively want to type things on it, it's that much fun. Takes the cake for my favorite Christmas present, and I got it early.  :D
Rick Owens and Happy Hackers

Offline terran5992

« Reply #755 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 18:37:23 »
Now using my new HHKB pro 2, incredibly nice switches and great noise. I actively want to type things on it, it's that much fun. Takes the cake for my favorite Christmas present, and I got it early.  :D

Congratz on your topre :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #756 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:55:07 »
Using the Model M now for some buckling spring goodness, but I think I'll go back to the HHKB soon since this full size layout really bugs.

I switched to my Model M at home for a few days, but my other half made a few remarks about it, so I switched back to HHKB ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline terran5992

« Reply #757 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 00:35:53 »

I switched to my Model M at home for a few days, but my other half made a few remarks about it, so I switched back to HHKB ;)

Your other half?

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #758 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 01:09:04 »

Your other half?
His spouse.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline arieswu

• A`s Log
« Reply #759 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 02:21:22 »
I just got the CM Storm Devastator Gaming bundle, a super cool entry level Gaming keyboard and mouse
arieswu, great work and welcome back.
Two years!! from your last mod/post.

thank you hasu!!
愛用小紅點

Offline iri

« Reply #760 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 03:48:41 »
how many people can you kill by throwing a model f out the window in singapore?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #761 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 04:23:50 »

Your other half?
His spouse.

Yes.

Perhaps I should have clarified that, it might have been a reference to my other personality :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline terran5992

« Reply #762 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:10:02 »
how many people can you kill by throwing a model f out the window in singapore?

If my estimate are correct, The model f will fall through the ground , tunneling towards the core of the earth at 200mph and shoot out on the opposite side of the planet and cause the entire Earth to collapse to a singularity . Creating a black hole and sucks in the entire solar system.

So about 7 billion people will die

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #763 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 10:57:18 »
Using my green ALPS XM Ducky for the first time in like 3-4 months

I missed it so much.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Snigeln

« Reply #764 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:29:59 »
I've only been using it for like 30 min, but I'm really liking it so far! Feels kinda weird going from blues though..

Oh well, it has a REALLY cute space bar :-*

HHKB Pro JP Ducky Mini Ducky G2Pro

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #765 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 12:23:00 »
switched back to the HHKB and 3700

Offline tgujay

« Reply #766 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 12:29:00 »
Rosewill RK-9000I with Blues with yellow and green Tai Hao doubleshots to make a ghetto Turtle Power set.  Try to keep my coworkers on their toes and switch up my caps periodically.
Gotta collect them all

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #767 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 19:13:11 »
Started using my HHKB again last night, after a few days on my Filco MJ2 w/ Ergo Clears. It's so purrdy.

Yes, the Lime Green cap does not match the profile, and that's because I used them all on other boards.

Show Image

Vesper, when you're in a topre mood, do you usually use your Leopold or your HHKB? I think I remember you mentioning somewhere that you prefer the feel of the Leo, but dat HHKB is damn sexy...
Also, have you tried modding either to 55g? (ik you have a 55g realforce as well)
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #768 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 19:51:51 »
Started using my HHKB again last night, after a few days on my Filco MJ2 w/ Ergo Clears. It's so purrdy.

Yes, the Lime Green cap does not match the profile, and that's because I used them all on other boards.

Show Image

Vesper, when you're in a topre mood, do you usually use your Leopold or your HHKB? I think I remember you mentioning somewhere that you prefer the feel of the Leo, but dat HHKB is damn sexy...
Also, have you tried modding either to 55g? (ik you have a 55g realforce as well)

I usually use my 55g 87UB :)) But when needing to type a lot, I use HHKB a lil' more than the 660C, only because it's so pretty :P The 660C does feel better overall though, but the HHKB feels great in its own way. The HHKB is just awesome fun to type on. The all plastic construction is just so addicting.

I have not modded anything into 55g. I like my 87UB just the way it is, I don't think I want to take things out of it (even though I have taken it apart before). Modding wouldn't take very long, as it would just be a matter of switching out rubber cups.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #769 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:05:37 »

Show Image

I usually use my 55g 87UB :)) But when needing to type a lot, I use HHKB a lil' more than the 660C, only because it's so pretty :P The 660C does feel better overall though, but the HHKB feels great in its own way. The HHKB is just awesome fun to type on. The all plastic construction is just so addicting.

I have not modded anything into 55g. I like my 87UB just the way it is, I don't think I want to take things out of it (even though I have taken it apart before). Modding wouldn't take very long, as it would just be a matter of switching out rubber cups.

I see. Your HHKB is gorgeous :) I'm just very curious to know what a 55g 660C would feel like -- better than a 55g RF?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #770 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:15:23 »

Show Image

I see. Your HHKB is gorgeous :) I'm just very curious to know what a 55g 660C would feel like -- better than a 55g RF?

That is actually a very very interesting idea... ****...

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #771 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:31:12 »

Show Image

That is actually a very very interesting idea... ****...

Time to bust that RF open again :P
If you do end up doing it, please please please tell me how it feels! I'd love a comparison to the standard RF 55g (I have a thread about this, you could post it there if you like)

Offline seredin

« Reply #772 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 07:35:20 »
First post hype.

I alternate between that beauty and a 1390120 (silver label from 1986), depending on what I'm doing that day.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #773 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 08:34:50 »
First post hype.
Show Image

I alternate between that beauty and a 1390120 (silver label from 1986), depending on what I'm doing that day.

Welcome!

what is that next to the spacebar?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #774 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 08:38:18 »
First post hype.
Show Image

That Island card  :))
Very nice keyboard you got there. Welcome to Geekhack!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline seredin

« Reply #775 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 09:46:58 »
Welcome!

That alt key came with the older M I have. It was used in a chemistry lab (I'm a chemical engineer), so I keep it on there for nostalgia. Plus it matches BMO  :thumb:
Thanks! I'm very happy with how it looks, and am working on making the typing experience on it as good as my 1390120.

Offline threejean

« Reply #776 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 11:27:23 »
My first mech is a CM QF Pro w/ Browns (loves it!) that I use at work, and I'm typing this on a CM QF TK White w/ Blues at home. I love them both but I think I like the brown switches better (the clickyness of the blues takes some getting used to).
CM Storm QF TK w/Blue & Pro w/ Brown

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #777 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 11:52:14 »
Welcome!

That alt key came with the older M I have. It was used in a chemistry lab (I'm a chemical engineer), so I keep it on there for nostalgia. Plus it matches BMO  :thumb:
Thanks! I'm very happy with how it looks, and am working on making the typing experience on it as good as my 1390120.

You're a chemical engineer?

COOL

I've always thought chemistry was kinda boring, but everyone likes different things.

Offline seredin

« Reply #778 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 12:13:48 »

You're a chemical engineer?

COOL

I've always thought chemistry was kinda boring, but everyone likes different things.

My apologies, I didn't mean to mislead you. Chemistry is incredibly boring. I was just giving the backstory on why I would have a keyboard from a chemistry lab ha

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #779 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 21:45:27 »
Now on my Yellow Shine 3 TKL with Blues! Loving the keyboard, although the switches feel different, perhaps because of the lube.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline tuananh_bkk

« Reply #780 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 21:47:38 »
vanila HHKB printed. Looking to switch to blank keycaps.

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #781 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 21:59:48 »
Ducky DK9008S3 MX Brown Blue LEDs

I also bring this baby into my work :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #782 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 22:44:43 »
I was using dorkvader's beamspring not too long ago.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #783 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 22:52:19 »
aek m0115 with orange alps currently
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #784 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 22:55:01 »
I've been switching between a Model M (clicktastic) and an ergo-clear QFR (heavenly, tactile cloud of something), but I'm typing this on a MBP chiclet, and my fingers are sad.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #785 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 22:58:03 »
Welcome!

Hey, cool.  I'm also a chemical engineer (in training).   :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #786 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 03:37:01 »
Now on my Yellow Shine 3 TKL with Blues! Loving the keyboard, although the switches feel different, perhaps because of the lube.

These come pre-lubed? :eek:

Offline tuananh_bkk

« Reply #787 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 05:04:49 »
Ducky DK9008S3 MX Brown Blue LEDs

I also bring this baby into my work :D

isn't it a bit too big to bring it to work?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #788 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 05:39:10 »

From what others have said, their boards are all supposed to come pre-lubed. I'm not a fan of the feeling they have on Blues, though.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #789 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 10:33:14 »
isn't it a bit too big to bring it to work?
Not if you have a huge bag  :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #790 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:02:04 »

From what others have said, their boards are all supposed to come pre-lubed. I'm not a fan of the feeling they have on Blues, though.

Source? This is curious...

Offline Gniourf

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #791 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 14:23:35 »
Leopold FC200RC (tkl, MX blue). HHBK pro 2 and RealForce 87U in their box in the closet  :rolleyes:

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #792 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 15:19:18 »

I'm not sure.  :'(
I saw it in a thread just a few days ago.

EDIT: Found it here:
Anyone notice that ducky lubes their switches?  I have noticed this on 2 differnt ducky keyboards a brown and a black.  They felt super smooth compared to any other band new black or brown I have tried.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #793 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 15:28:58 »
Far from confirmation, I feel like ducky would use that as a selling point if it was true..

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #794 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 15:31:19 »
Far from confirmation, I feel like ducky would use that as a selling point if it was true..

All I can say is that the Blues feel more like Greens. Even when I swapped out the thick PBT, it felt quite heavy compared to my very frequently used TK.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #795 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 15:32:43 »
Indeed, even tho I don't know how lubed switches feel Ducky ones seem very similar to other boards
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #796 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 16:31:46 »

All I can say is that the Blues feel more like Greens. Even when I swapped out the thick PBT, it felt quite heavy compared to my very frequently used TK.

I really don't think lube would make blues feel like greens and just because switches feel smooth to one person doesn't mean ducky lubed anything lol

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #797 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 16:36:27 »

Anyone notice that ducky lubes their switches?  I have noticed this on 2 differnt ducky keyboards a brown and a black.  They felt super smooth compared to any other band new black or brown I have tried.

Wouldn't lubing switches require ducky to open each one and apply more lube? Thats an extremely time wasting task, especially since they get their switches from Cherry premade and put together.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #798 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 16:47:28 »

Wouldn't lubing switches require ducky to open each one and apply more lube? Thats an extremely time wasting task, especially since they get their switches from Cherry premade and put together.

Yes and so far nothing has led me to believe there is anything but smoke being blown in regards to ducky lubing switches.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #799 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 19:35:43 »
That has nothing to do with lubing switches--different batches of switches feel differently.  You can't remove friction sufficiently just by lubrication--I have tried.  Scratchy lubed switches still don't feel very smooth.  But I've also had brand new keyboards be very smooth or quite scratchy right out of the box.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -