Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2775047 times)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #900 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 17:16:06 »
My filco, I took the classic beige keycaps off of it because they are going on my custom board I have decided. Looks aggressive now :P

It's a bit dirty though, needs cleaned soon I guess.

Show Image

What color paint is that s
It's the blue aluminum vortex case actually, the color is outstanding. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do.

Where did you get that? Its sexy af
Mechanicalkeyboards.com

The cases themselves are very hit or miss, quality isn't the best for most people. Scratches aren't all that rare, sometimes they don't line up, etc. Mine doesn't have many flaws. Tiny little spot by the spacebar that is a shade lighter and small milling marks by the esc key that are visible only from under 2-3 inches away. Other than that I don't think mine has any flaws. Only other thing worth mentioning is a decent size "gap" between the bottom and top. Which seems to be by design, for whatever reason.
More

I also had to desolder the leds and take the plastic riser off of them then resolder because the case wouldn't close with them on it lol.

It isn't the best aluminum case out there, the price shows that, but for a stock case upgrade, it is simply amazing. The keyboard weighs 4.4 pounds now.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #901 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 17:24:08 »
My filco, I took the classic beige keycaps off of it because they are going on my custom board I have decided. Looks aggressive now :P

It's a bit dirty though, needs cleaned soon I guess.

Show Image

What color paint is that s
It's the blue aluminum vortex case actually, the color is outstanding. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do.

Where did you get that? Its sexy af
Mechanicalkeyboards.com

The cases themselves are very hit or miss, quality isn't the best for most people. Scratches aren't all that rare, sometimes they don't line up, etc. Mine doesn't have many flaws. Tiny little spot by the spacebar that is a shade lighter and small milling marks by the esc key that are visible only from under 2-3 inches away. Other than that I don't think mine has any flaws. Only other thing worth mentioning is a decent size "gap" between the bottom and top. Which seems to be by design, for whatever reason.
More
Show Image

I also had to desolder the leds and take the plastic riser off of them then resolder because the case wouldn't close with them on it lol.

It isn't the best aluminum case out there, the price shows that, but for a stock case upgrade, it is simply amazing. The keyboard weighs 4.4 pounds now.

Thanks for the help!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #902 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 20:32:41 »
The color looks beautiful and I am currently looking for options for my phantom. Unfortunately I don't want gaps, scratches or any flaws so I'm going steer clear of vortex. It sounds like you got lucky with the flaws you have and you're not the first person I have heard of with issues. It's too bad because the color is so beautiful.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #903 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 21:42:52 »
Poker X . Clears Lubed. Aluminum Case.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 03:10:41 »

I just got a new keyboard at work (Lenovo RD) which replaced my HP RD.

I like it a lot - probably the best mass produced rubber dome I've tried.  It's very quiet and comfortable.  That being said, we do have several different Lenovo models and the one in my sig is definitely the most silent and easy to press out of all of them.

At home I'm still typing on a Lenovo chiclet built into a laptop.

I'm officially done with Cherry MX and Alps.  I'll buy a Unicomp buckling spring SSK if it ever surfaces but other than that I'm done with that also.

I've discovered that for me personally Sound (or lack thereof) > Profile > Switch mechanism.  I prefer a stealthy silent keyboard with low profile keycaps.  As long as those two criteria are met I can withstand a lot.

So currently saving my pennies for a Realforce 87U Silent - but will hold off purchasing it until I get a chance to try out the CM Storm NovaTouch.
The other office I use from time to time has a Lenovo also. As far as rubber domes go it's ok. If I was forced to use rubber domes I would prefer it over other I have tried.
Show Image

I have a couple of keyboards just like these, but with IBM badges.  One is NIB.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kilogeek

• Nostalgy of a time when quality was a value
« Reply #905 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 04:03:57 »
just received a Compaq 11800 (MX Brown), never used, in its original package, for 10 euro + national shipping, good deal no ?

I read that someone got one from 1986 ??? Sounds strange as this looks like recent design, no windows keys but Euro symbol.

I hated MX black but I love brown feeling. This compaq is made in germany (by Cherry I guess, the caps lock symbol is cherry signature), and plastic and keycap quality is not as goos as what you can find on old keyboards, but typing is awesome, quite light so if there is a plate I don't think it's metal, this makes it a bit more noisy than if switches were fixed on a metal plate. I have no problem with noise^^  The thing I like with this one is that space or enter keys feel different to other keys, there must be some king of rubber pad under the keycaps to absorb shocks.

The layout is not classic but close enough to classic so you are not lost, left alt, ctrl and shift are not far from each other and I love that. Also the pause key is alone, nice idea as I use it to hibernate my PC :)

I also like the size factor, not too small, not too big, the trackball don't take too much space if you don't use it.

Well, for 10 euro it's a good deal IMO.
"Ne pas subir" - Devise de Saint-Cyr.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #906 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 04:05:09 »
just received a Compaq 11800 (MX Brown), never used, in its original package, for 10 euro + national shipping, good deal no ?

I read that someone got one from 1986 ??? Sounds strange as this looks like recent design, no windows keys but Euro symbol.

I hated MX black but I love brown feeling. This compaq is made in germany (by Cherry I guess, the caps lock symbol is cherry signature), and plastic and keycap quality is not as goos as what you can find on old keyboards, but typing is awesome, quite light so if there is a plate I don't think it's metal, this makes it a bit more noisy than if switches were fixed on a metal plate. I have no problem with noise^^  The thing I like with this one is that space or enter keys feel different to other keys, there must be some king of rubber pad under the keycaps to absorb shocks.

The layout is not classic but close enough to classic so you are not lost, left alt, ctrl and shift are not far from each other and I love that. Also the pause key is alone, nice idea as I use it to hibernate my PC :)

I also like the size factor, not too small, not too big, the trackball don't take too much space if you don't use it.

whoa sweet NIB? Where'd you get it? I want a trackball cherry board

Offline kilogeek

« Reply #907 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 04:28:37 »

A guy from Paris area was selling that on the web, but these are AZERTY layouts FYI (I use azerty), and it's not so easy to replace AZERTY by QWERTY as not only lettering differs, physical layout is not the same too :

51677-0

As you see, it's brand new, I think this guy works in an IT company and got KBs sold with rack mounted servers.

new : just looked the packaging, all seems dated 1997, but this keyboard has never been used, not a single trace of dust on the plate under the keys and plastic is bright white. Even the package looks new, probably stocked in a locker for years :)

When it comes to coding, QWERTY is much better, azerty sucks, but writing in french with a qwerty is almost impossible (even the common fr azerty lacks crucial keys)
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 05:11:12 by kilogeek »

Offline stonejoint

« Reply #908 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 04:40:36 »
Poker 2 browns at work.

CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #909 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:11:53 »

I like it a lot - probably the best mass produced rubber dome I've tried.  It's very quiet and comfortable.  That being said, we do have several different Lenovo models and the one in my sig is definitely the most silent and easy to press out of all of them.

I'm officially done with Cherry MX and Alps.  I'll buy a Unicomp buckling spring SSK if it ever surfaces but other than that I'm done with that also.

I've discovered that for me personally Sound (or lack thereof) > Profile > Switch mechanism.  I prefer a stealthy silent keyboard with low profile keycaps.  As long as those two criteria are met I can withstand a lot.

So currently saving my pennies for a Realforce 87U Silent - but will hold off purchasing it until I get a chance to try out the CM Storm NovaTouch.
The other office I use from time to time has a Lenovo also. As far as rubber domes go it's ok. If I was forced to use rubber domes I would prefer it over other I have tried.
Show Image

good luck with the legends............they will not be there long hombre

have the same lenovo kb
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #910 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 12:24:55 »

A guy from Paris area was selling that on the web, but these are AZERTY layouts FYI (I use azerty), and it's not so easy to replace AZERTY by QWERTY as not only lettering differs, physical layout is not the same too :

(Attachment Link)

As you see, it's brand new, I think this guy works in an IT company and got KBs sold with rack mounted servers.

new : just looked the packaging, all seems dated 1997, but this keyboard has never been used, not a single trace of dust on the plate under the keys and plastic is bright white. Even the package looks new, probably stocked in a locker for years :)

When it comes to coding, QWERTY is much better, azerty sucks, but writing in french with a qwerty is almost impossible (even the common fr azerty lacks crucial keys)

That's sweet. I have a 11900, which is the same board but has a trackpad instead of a ball. Really want to try out the ball one day tho

Offline kilogeek

« Reply #911 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 13:42:15 »
syntax error

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 14:31:02 »

Show Image

good luck with the legends............they will not be there long hombre

have the same lenovo kb
Yea, this is the second one so far. The first one could blind you with the key shine. The legends, tho still there, were very very faded.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline iri

« Reply #913 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:18:34 »
So currently saving my pennies for a Realforce 87U Silent
you'd better save you some pennies by buying a realforce 87u and doing a dental mod.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #914 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:39:03 »
Currently using my Blackwidow Tournament Edition after a few months of it being on the shelf. I missed the blues so here we are.. click click clackity click.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #915 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:46:37 »
So currently saving my pennies for a Realforce 87U Silent
you'd better save you some pennies by buying a realforce 87u and doing a dental mod.

ditto, then you can get all 45 or 55 too!

Offline Mr. C

« Reply #916 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 16:20:50 »
I'm currently using my IBM model M SSK. I've owned for years but seldom used it.   

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #917 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 16:47:01 »
Alternating between my Noppoo Choc mini and my Filco TKL (both red switches).
你搞砸了

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #918 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:04:38 »
The past few days, I've been going back and forth between my HHKB, RF 55g, and Filco with 62g Ergo Clears... My brain is hurting but my fingers are purring.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #919 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:08:03 »
G80-11900, 1/2 of alphas and mods are ergo clears, other half is stock black. Likin it so far, but when stickers come, alphas will be 100% clears

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #920 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:18:29 »
The past few days, I've been going back and forth between my HHKB, RF 55g, and Filco with 62g Ergo Clears... My brain is hurting but my fingers are purring.

lolol nice. I can't wait until my clears are worn in enough for me to lube 'em and swap out the springs. Using them now is kind of icky (especially compared to vintage blacks--but unfortunately that board has switch chattering...lol).
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #921 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:25:14 »

lolol nice. I can't wait until my clears are worn in enough for me to lube 'em and swap out the springs. Using them now is kind of icky (especially compared to vintage blacks--but unfortunately that board has switch chattering...lol).

When did it become a thing to wear out switches before you lube and swap springs?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #922 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:27:43 »

When did it become a thing to wear out switches before you lube and swap springs?
Idk, everyone says it. I have seen it from 1 week of use all the way to 1 year before lubing. I just lubed my clears the day they showed up, I probably ruined them.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #923 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:36:49 »

Idk, everyone says it. I have seen it from 1 week of use all the way to 1 year before lubing. I just lubed my clears the day they showed up, I probably ruined them.

I did the same thing. But i don't really feel any difference

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #924 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:22:57 »
kind of funny.......

this thread-- what keyboard r using now?

seems like if i see somebody asking a question on here or DT about a certain switch, board, etc. and if i have it then i typically go to my cabinet, grab the board and attempt to answer their question

problem is i never put it back and it winds up in my rotation to where i am all over the place

i think i have way too many keyboards and need medical attention
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #925 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:24:57 »
kind of funny.......

seems like if i see somebody asking a question on here or DT about a certain switch, board, etc. and if i have it then i typically go to my cabinet, grab the board and attempt to answer their question

problem is i never put it back and it winds up in my rotation to where i am all over the place

hey how does rd work?

Offline patachu

• Personal Text
    • nowhere incoming
« Reply #926 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:27:09 »
i'm currently on my t61p, and on the desktop, that C1405B which is surprisingly comfy and silent but i got some projects for my Model M...

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #927 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:31:11 »
i'm currently on my t61p, and on the desktop, that C1405B which is surprisingly comfy and silent
Show Image
but i got some projects for my Model M...

i dig it.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #928 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:32:15 »
kind of funny.......

hey how does rd work?

help me out here..........

rd-- rubber dome?
More

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #929 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 01:04:10 »
Show Image

How you uses the trcakpoint? looks trackpads
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline arieswu

• A`s Log
« Reply #930 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 07:50:42 »
Show Image

How you uses the trcakpoint? looks trackpads

use right index finger to push it....
愛用小紅點

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #931 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 07:44:19 »
Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE (big kudos to kint of deskthority forums):

HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #932 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 07:46:31 »
Show Image

If only it wasn't for the ISO layout that keyboard would've been the perfect one for me. For how much did you get it if it's not too much to ask?
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #933 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 07:50:48 »
Show Image

If only it wasn't for the ISO layout that keyboard would've been the perfect one for me. For how much did you get it if it's not too much to ask?

ANSI layout for this keyboard the last I recall fetches a high price, besides my HHKB Pro JP has JIS layout, nothing wrong with having Cherry G80-5000 with DE/ISO layout. My APC Clicker F-21 has big-ass enter layout and the somewhat broken Northgate Omnikey 101 has ANSI layout. viva la difference!

I paid €200 for this.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline Mr. C

« Reply #934 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 11:22:44 »
I'm currently using my IBM model M SSK. I've owned for years but seldom used it.   

I am supprised at similar in feel (not sound) the SSK is to my Realforce 87U 55g. Anyone else think that?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #935 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 19:15:51 »

I am supprised at similar in feel (not sound) the SSK is to my Realforce 87U 55g. Anyone else think that?

I would be shocked if they were anything near the same. I tried a Model F and the feel was probably the furthest from a Topre (on a HHKB, though) I'd ever tried.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #936 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 19:23:21 »

Please send me SSK and RealForce so I can make my own comparison.

Naturally this will be a detailed comparison over the corse of many months.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kilogeek

« Reply #937 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 19:46:17 »
Using my AT-101 type keyboard (the one on my avatar) with old black complicated ALPS (keyboard was made in Japan in 1988 and the PCB has the ALPS logo on it). Just lubed all switches, it took me several hours but result is awesome, feels even more tanky and if you close your eyes you feel you're using wooden keycaps^^ So I just put back my Compaq g80-11800 in its box :p
I guess these switches, once lubed, shall last even longer than what they're expected to.
Waiting for an UV light to retrObright it.

Offline dodzylla

« Reply #938 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 06:00:30 »
Roccat ryos MK , Cherry my black :)

Offline tgujay

« Reply #939 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 08:36:43 »
Using my AT-101 type keyboard (the one on my avatar) with old black complicated ALPS (keyboard was made in Japan in 1988 and the PCB has the ALPS logo on it). Just lubed all switches, it took me several hours but result is awesome, feels even more tanky and if you close your eyes you feel you're using wooden keycaps^^ So I just put back my Compaq g80-11800 in its box :p
I guess these switches, once lubed, shall last even longer than what they're expected to.
Waiting for an UV light to retrObright it.

Do you not get sun in France?
Gotta collect them all

Offline kilogeek

« Reply #940 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 12:31:36 »
yes we have (I'm in the south) but my flat is in a tiny street and windows are north oriented, so in winter it's night all day, and when it's cloudy it's worst, well, it's sunny outside, but won't stand 2 or 3 hours in a park with my keyboard and my furious dog, too risky, lots of psychiatric clinics lack customers here^^

But I'll soon receive a nice "made in Germany" full spectrum light, these have very good customer feedbacks, some people say it's just like having sun directly in your room, good for mood in winter, and good for skin or keyboards too :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2014, 12:35:30 by kilogeek »

Offline tribade

« Reply #941 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:33:00 »
Using my KMAC mini right now.  Love it, although now that I've been using it for a while I wonder whether or not the 55g blacks may or may not be a bit too light for me without the real tactile feedback of a blue switch.  Still, love the layout, and the construction of it!  Although recently I've been longing a bit for my HHKB, which is unfortunately across the country collecting dust  :(
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline HelloAaron

• O_o
« Reply #942 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 00:55:01 »
Using the Feenix Autore right now.  I own a Logictech G710+ though.  Just testing out the Autore for a couple of days.
Feenix Autore | Logitech G710+ | Black Widow Ultimate Stealth | Black Widow Ultimate 2014
Feenix Nacista | Razer DeathAdder | Mass Luminosity Recon Mouse

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #943 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 23:33:22 »
Leopold FC500RR/AB .. looking to get a Filco w/ browns soon though

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #944 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 02:53:30 »
Just having a lil' fun switching things up. For now:

Offline tototo

« Reply #945 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 05:06:15 »
Poker II at home and Ducky Mini at work. It's not the best setup as it means switching between ISO/ANSI at a regular basis but works ok. Waiting to see if the ergodox will be even better but am right now extremely happy with the 60% format.
PokerII.ahk | Ducky G2Pro TKLDucky MiniPoker II, Ergodox ClassicErgodox Full hand | For sale: KBT Pure ProDucky YYY TKL

Offline luminor

« Reply #946 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:49:44 »
Ducky YOTS, will getting topre if i can cannibalize novatouch switch onto RF/HKKB, if not i'll stick with my brown YOTS

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #947 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:54:15 »
CM Storm Trigger w/MX Greens.  I've been using the Ducky with MX Grays for quite a while, I'd forgotten that Greens are actually kind of clicky.   :rolleyes:

Offline aref

« Reply #948 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 17:49:04 »
I've been using a Realforce 87U/55g and and an IBM SSK.
But thinking of selling the SSK and picking up another 87U.
The IBM SSK is a really nice keyboard; but the Realforce has
become my keyboard of choice. Anyone interested in a new
SSK? I've got two and will likely keep the one I've been using.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #949 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 18:52:31 »
Just having a lil' fun switching things up. For now:

Show Image

Don't you miss 55g when you switch do your HHKB?
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)