Author Topic: [IC] VE.A  (Read 241086 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [IC] VE.A
« Reply #800 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 09:38:50 »
OMG Hoff is talking to me.  /swoon

Doesn't it feel good when senpai notices you?

Zefyr mentioned swapping the left spacebar and left Fn keys - or at least making it optional - for us left-hand spacers.  The Fn key in the default layout is exactly where I hit the spacebar on a typical ANSI 125 layout.  That change doesn't appear to have made it to the Massdrop version of the group buy.

I'm fine with the left space bar where it is as I almost never hit it with my left thumb (hit it twice with my left thumb while typing this), so I guess I'm good to go. I see no other compatibility issues I'd change, other than the top Backspace into two buttons as I prefer the HHKB/Unix Backspace instead.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #801 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 10:09:11 »
Ordered, beyond excited  ;D

Also-----very very happy to see the stand as an add-on!  :p
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #802 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 10:23:53 »
Looks like the etched cap set has legends just for this board which is really cool!

Online HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #803 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:13:52 »
without the left spacebar fix/option I think I'll have to sit this one out and hope for a V2 + R2.

I've forgotten (or missed) what the left spacebar fix/option you are referring to is.  Can someone refresh my memory?

OMG Hoff is talking to me.  /swoon

Zefyr mentioned swapping the left spacebar and left Fn keys - or at least making it optional - for us left-hand spacers.  The Fn key in the default layout is exactly where I hit the spacebar on a typical ANSI 125 layout.  That change doesn't appear to have made it to the Massdrop version of the group buy.

Oooooh, that makes sense.  Thanks!  I usually hit the spacebar on what appears to be the far right side of the current left space position.  Hmm... Will need to think about this a bit.  Maybe I'll just have to train myself to use the spacebar "properly".  :))

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #804 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:17:45 »
Does everything on the pcb come pre-soldered? All we have to do is solder on switches correct?

Offline biocalves

« Reply #805 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:35:03 »
Is buying the Gateron switches the cheapest way to get the number of stabilizers I need for this board? Description says a set of 8 stabilizers, which I assume are all 2u, and the only place I know where to get PCB mounted Cherry stabs are from zeal at $10 for a set of 4 x 2u and a 1x 6.25u, which would mean I would need to buy two sets, which is basically the same price as Gat switches plus stabs from the GB.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #806 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:37:17 »
Is buying the Gateron switches the cheapest way to get the number of stabilizers I need for this board? Description says a set of 8 stabilizers, which I assume are all 2u, and the only place I know where to get PCB mounted Cherry stabs are from zeal at $10 for a set of 4 x 2u and a 1x 6.25u, which would mean I would need to buy two sets, which is basically the same price as Gat switches plus stabs from the GB.

probably.  I am going to just sell the switches since they don't offer the ones I want to use with it :(

Offline biocalves

« Reply #807 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:40:23 »

probably.  I am going to just sell the switches since they don't offer the ones I want to use with it :(

Yeah likewise. Want to try 67g or 78g Zealios to see what the fuss is about.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #808 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:55:26 »
So, we're pretty sure there will be an R2?

Offline biocalves

« Reply #809 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:58:05 »

Offline ika

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:59:03 »
Left spacebar arrangement is a real killer for me and what I assume is also a problem for what I'm guessing is about half the population that uses left thumbs for spacebar. Will have to pass on this, unfortunately.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #811 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:01:37 »

How so? R1 just hit the western market this morning.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #812 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:05:54 »
Any option to get the stabilizers without buying any keys?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #813 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:11:05 »
Is the massdrop buy limited in spots? Would really like to know.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline Elaeagnifolia

• Click Quack.
« Reply #814 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:27:22 »
Is the massdrop buy limited in spots? Would really like to know.

It's not mentioned on the Massdrop page, and I believe zefyr mentioned a few pages back that there weren't any plans to limit quantity. So, I'm pretty sure that means it's not limited.  :thumb:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #815 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:46:43 »
anyone interested, this is the silver color:

http://imgur.com/a/yBTm0

Oddforge.com has pics of the dark grey

massdrop has black pics

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Data

« Reply #816 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:58:52 »

massdrop has black pics

Pretty much what you'd expect clear anodized aluminum to look like.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #817 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:59:09 »
Any option to get the stabilizers without buying any keys?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

+1, Or maybe more Zealios options?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Data

« Reply #818 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:01:46 »

How so? R1 just hit the western market this morning.

Zefyr has hinted at a version 2 (or 1.01, or whatever) to incorporate some of the feedback and changes from the English-speaking communities.  Version 2 sort of implies a Round 2 group buy, but it might be fair to call it wild speculation at this point.  We're only hoping for a R2.  Nothing is confirmed.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #819 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:12:21 »
Any picture of the dark silver color?  Will the palm rest match the case color or is the palm rest always black like the pictures on MD?  Thanks.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #820 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:17:20 »

massdrop has black pics

Thanks for posting pics of the silver version! The pics on oddforge appear to show the dark grey version, but it's pretty hard to make out.

I've already pored over all the pictures on Massdrop, and in this thread... Anyone know other good places I can drool over pictures before I get mine!?  :p

Offline Data

« Reply #821 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:35:33 »

massdrop has black pics

Thanks for posting pics of the silver version! The pics on oddforge appear to show the dark grey version, but it's pretty hard to make out.

I've already pored over all the pictures on Massdrop, and in this thread... Anyone know other good places I can drool over pictures before I get mine!?  :p

A few popped up in the Korean Keyboards thread over in GH Media starting around page 155.  Note that the colors posted aren't part of the current drop.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.7700

My fav:

Offline biocalves

« Reply #822 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:41:10 »

massdrop has black pics

I thought MD had pictures of the Dark Grey version where they lay out the plate in the complete case?

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #823 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 13:43:27 »
I joined for Dark Gray  :thumb:

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #824 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:10:52 »
In for 2 kits, so excited about this!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Saiph

« Reply #825 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:13:03 »
What are you planning each board to have?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #826 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:16:57 »

Well, not exactly sure yet what switches, was thinking about doing 55g gateron tactile lubed etc on one. Not sure about the other one yet. No way in hell im using stock switches on these!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #827 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:20:02 »

Well, not exactly sure yet what switches, was thinking about doing 55g gateron tactile lubed etc on one. Not sure about the other one yet. No way in hell im using stock switches on these!

Come on, you know some stock Kailh red switches and TaiHao ABS keycaps would really make it shine ;)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline E3E

« Reply #828 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:43:26 »
It's unfortunate that no Alps plates were included with this buy (or seemingly included with the original Korean GB), but that just means I'll have time to pad up funds for one in the future. :thumb:

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #829 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:52:18 »

Come on, you know some stock Kailh red switches and TaiHao ABS keycaps would really make it shine ;)

De-soldered razer greens maybe? With a side of deformed G20 caps?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #830 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:21:08 »

De-soldered razer greens maybe? With a side of deformed G20 caps?

One can only dream of such glory.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #831 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:49:40 »

One of those is for me, right?  :))

But seriously... holy crap!  2? I can afford one... but I'd have to deal with angry wife with the amount I've spent on keyboard stuff recently.  2 and I'd be sleeping in the doghouse.  Literally!  :eek:

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #832 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:52:39 »

massdrop has black pics

A few popped up in the Korean Keyboards thread over in GH Media starting around page 155.  Note that the colors posted aren't part of the current drop.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.7700

My fav:
Show Image

Show Image

Thx Data! I knew I had seen more pics around here somewhere...

There's also hkf's build log:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80849.0

Googling for Vergo type.T-II PCB returned some good results too

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #833 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 16:11:49 »

But seriously... holy crap!  2? I can afford one... but I'd have to deal with angry wife with the amount I've spent on keyboard stuff recently.  2 and I'd be sleeping in the doghouse.  Literally!  :eek:

I sold so many nice builds for this. I dont put new money back into the hobby anymore (or at least try not to), I just sell stuff to make new stuff.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #834 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 17:11:06 »
The left spacebar arrangement is now making me reconsider. I'm pretty sure I use my left hand but I'll wait till I'm home.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #835 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 17:28:16 »

I sold so many nice builds for this. I dont put new money back into the hobby anymore (or at least try not to), I just sell stuff to make new stuff.
OK,  now you're smarter than me.   Have fun with builds and make more money from it :)

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #836 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:31:21 »
It's unfortunate that no Alps plates were included with this buy (or seemingly included with the original Korean GB), but that just means I'll have time to pad up funds for one in the future. :thumb:

Just talked to Zef on email and he says a separate order form will be up soon for ALPS plates. So it should be ok to order away :) can't decide to put SKCM blues, SKCL  Browns or SKCM Browns on this yet!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #837 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:34:27 »

Just talked to Zef on email and he says a separate order form will be up soon for ALPS plates. So it should be ok to order away :) can't decide to put SKCM blues, SKCL  Browns or SKCM Browns on this yet!

Oh, hot dog!

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:58:47 »
This plate design, doesn't support top switch removal right?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #839 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:00:06 »

Oh, hot dog!

Cherry baby

Offline E3E

« Reply #840 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:23:45 »

Well that's good to hear, though not so much for my wallet. Damn, not sure if I'll be able to squeeze this one.

Oh, did you get that other Tandem board from XMIT or did you find SKCL Browns from another keyboard? :P

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #841 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:24:54 »

Oh, did you get that other Tandem board from XMIT or did you find SKCL Browns from another keyboard? :P

You're not selling your alps?

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #842 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:35:55 »

Well that's good to hear, though not so much for my wallet. Damn, not sure if I'll be able to squeeze this one.

Got them from an ALPS64 board from r/Mk :) any interest in trading for some skcm neon greens?

Offline E3E

« Reply #843 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:41:39 »
Got them from an ALPS64 board from r/Mk :) any interest in trading for some skcm neon greens?

Oh, so you were the one who got that one! Yeah, definitely some rare switches that are on par with neon greens in terms of how rare they are, I think. Neons might be a little more rare, but SKCL Browns are unicorns too for sure.

I thankfully have enough for a build I have in mind, haha. I don't think I need any Alps switch trades, sorry. :(

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #844 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:45:44 »

Oh, so you were the one who got that one! Yeah, definitely some rare switches that are on par with neon greens in terms of how rare they are, I think. Neons might be a little more rare, but SKCL Browns are unicorns too for sure.

I thankfully have enough for a build I have in mind, haha. I don't think I need any Alps switch trades, sorry. :(

Bruh that project is gonna be sweet

Offline zefyr

• Oddforge
« Reply #845 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:57:37 »
Announcement from oddforge

We tried to make all of you happy.
But time is short.
I got sample PCB of swappable spacebar version yesterday.
If I didn't make mistake. This PCB will included in THIS GB.
And this PCB also support ISO layout.
Wish me luck guys.

And tje sample on Massdrop is Darkgray

The sample on Massdrop is "BLACK"
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 May 2016, 10:55:22 by zefyr »
ZeFyr "Vermillion" J.

Vergo type.T / alpetit / alpetit II / VE.A with Vergo type.T-II

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #846 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:58:35 »

But time is short.
Wish me luck guys.

:thumb:  Good luck!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #847 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:59:04 »
Yes! Ha Ha! That's great. Thanks, zefyr.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #848 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:59:10 »

But time is short.
Wish me luck guys.

O.O

Much love. I'm definitely in then.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #849 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 21:15:10 »

But time is short.
Wish me luck guys.

And tje sample on Massdrop is Darkgray

Goddamn! I jut canceled it on Massdrop because of that spacebar issue, now I am thinking on joining the drop again lol!
I like mechanical keyboards