Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 775212 times)

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1300 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:06:47 »
Wow so the issue with the dark gray are real. Even if you said it is more visible on the pic that on real life, it is still looking very «non uniform », which is not nice at all. Can we have more info on that? The finish will be remake or leave as it is?
I have two boxes of grey top in my car now, gonna send them back tomorrow and will update you guys on how it goes.

Thanks Yuktsi! I hope it will do fine :) !

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1301 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:09:57 »
Wow so the issue with the dark gray are real. Even if you said it is more visible on the pic that on real life, it is still looking very «non uniform », which is not nice at all. Can we have more info on that? The finish will be remake or leave as it is?
I have two boxes of grey top in my car now, gonna send them back tomorrow and will update you guys on how it goes.

Spoke to the owner today, they will help to redo, but not sure if it will solve the problem. EXENT has a larger surface facing the top, thus is much more challenging when it comes to anodizing.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1302 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:11:30 »

Spoke to the owner today, they will help to redo, but not sure if it will solve the problem. EXENT has a larger surface facing the top, thus is much more challenging when it comes to anodizing.

The dark gray was the only one affected by this issue? The anodisation process is somehow different to the other color?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1303 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:14:09 »

The dark gray was the only one affected by this issue? The anodisation process is somehow different to the other color?
I think the process for grey or silver is different from the others.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline avid

« Reply #1304 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:24:23 »

Im quoting Puddsy from the CLS thread:

"Dark grey is a VERY hard color to do right, especially with this alloy of aluminum (6061), so I suspect that's why it's not quite perfectly grey. This is actually the reason the MIRA uses 6063, so that they can get the lunar grey to look right.

Every alloy of aluminum gives a slightly different color overtone, and every anodizing pool gives a slightly different color. That's why sometimes you'll see Chinese GBs talking about "bad pools." The benefit to 6061, however, is that it gives dark grey overtones to whatever color you anodize it."

Why small variations in color?

"it's because it's a "chaotic electrobonding process," and there's no "canned" grey color like with cerakote. You're basically forcing the aluminum to be dark grey, and inconsistencies just show up more often in that color. "

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:49:16 by avid »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1305 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 11:52:17 »
So there are issues with the dark grey, but no issues with the rest of the colors right? We won't be waiting for the dark grey to be fixed before the other colors are shipped out ya?

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1306 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:19:48 »
People who chose other colors also have to wait for the dark grey ones to be fixed? Hope it goes well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:21:41 by Helldrop »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1307 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:21:02 »

Silver is clear anodizing. Nearly impossible to **** up.

Grey, on the other hand...
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1308 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:43:46 »

If this is the case, I'd really love to be able to switch my order to a black. It's a long wait and a good cost to end up with a board that ends up that splotchy. Is there any chance you'll have the ability to swap grays?

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1309 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 16:18:55 »
So there are issues with the dark grey, but no issues with the rest of the colors right? We won't be waiting for the dark grey to be fixed before the other colors are shipped out ya?

People who chose other colors also have to wait for the dark grey ones to be fixed? Hope it goes well.

No. We are bottlenecked by physical space. We need as many to go out as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 16:31:08 by codywanks »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1310 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 16:52:47 »

No. We are bottlenecked by physical space. We need as many to go out as soon as possible.

Nice. Figured you wouldn't want to keep the shippable stuff hanging around but thought I'd check anyway.

Offline rustywok

« Reply #1311 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 19:35:22 »

What's our options if the gray comes back still splotchy? I mean the manufacturer didn't seem very positive. 

Offline Munnybear

« Reply #1312 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 21:29:04 »
Hey, just wondering if this is usb micro or usb mini?

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #1313 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:16:28 »
Has shipping happened for basic kits? How do you find your tracking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1314 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:23:57 »

Are there actually Micro USB pcbs? Pretty much every board I'm aware of has MiniUSB and a few new ones have USB-C. The ONLY microusb board I'm aware of is the Anne Pro.

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #1315 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:28:59 »

Are there actually Micro USB pcbs? Pretty much every board I'm aware of has MiniUSB and a few new ones have USB-C. The ONLY microusb board I'm aware of is the Anne Pro.

The novatouch also uses micro usb. Not sure if there are any custom pcbs with micro usb.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1316 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:48:31 »

The novatouch also uses micro usb. Not sure if there are any custom pcbs with micro usb.

i've definitely seen it before but i don't remember exactly what PCB it was
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline eddible

« Reply #1317 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 01:51:32 »
You see it on boards that use a Pro Micro as the controller like Gherkins and Let’s Split. I really don’t like it as a connector though, I don’t find it stands up very well to regular plugging/unplugging like mini can.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1318 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 02:14:22 »
You see it on boards that use a Pro Micro as the controller like Gherkins and Let’s Split. I really don’t like it as a connector though, I don’t find it stands up very well to regular plugging/unplugging like mini can.

micro is actually rated for more plug cycles than mini

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #1319 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 04:56:16 »

Based on the images of the PCB it's definitely Mini USB, a Micro USB socket is much shorter when viewed from above.

GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline eddible

« Reply #1320 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 05:53:40 »

micro is actually rated for more plug cycles than mini
I think my experience is based on cheap pro micro clones where the USB port breaks a little too easily!

Offline Data

« Reply #1321 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 08:43:17 »
I...

I think I just got a... is this a tracking number?

What?   :-X

Offline krispy

« Reply #1322 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 09:09:17 »
I...

Shut the front door :) Has it really started?

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1323 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 09:45:49 »
I...

Set up a live cam when it arrives.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1324 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 09:59:26 »
I got one too but I can't figure out the carrier.

Offline Data

« Reply #1325 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:04:13 »

Yeah it's not found by 17 Track.  Your guess is as good as mine.

Offline giangpn

« Reply #1326 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:04:27 »

could be international carrier atm?
I see dead people.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1327 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:26:41 »

could be international carrier atm?

I'm sure it is. Do you know how many there are? It's insane.

Offline avid

« Reply #1328 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:32:30 »

track.aftership.com/

Just put the tracking number after that and you will find it.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1329 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:53:10 »

track.aftership.com/

Does yours retrieve? Mine connects to a shipping company in Spain, which I assume is wrong.

Offline avid

« Reply #1330 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:55:15 »

Does yours retrieve? Mine connects to a shipping company in Spain, which I assume is wrong.

Im not in this GB, but have always worked for everything ive bought.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #1331 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 11:17:40 »
Having a tracking number means the shipping label has been created. The carrier hasn't necessarily got the package yet, which could be why you're having trouble finding it.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1332 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 11:51:25 »
Wow holy crap I got a tracking number weoooooo

Cannot ****ing wait to get this thing in my hands. I **** you not I dreamt about it last night.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 November 2017, 11:53:51 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline wsupnate

« Reply #1333 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 13:18:28 »
Oh man this board looks so neat, I hope it's not too late to submit an order

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1334 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 13:20:14 »
Oh man this board looks so neat, I hope it's not too late to submit an order

Far too late. Extras will be available soon probably.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1335 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 13:53:00 »

If this is the case, I'd really love to be able to switch my order to a black. It's a long wait and a good cost to end up with a board that ends up that splotchy. Is there any chance you'll have the ability to swap grays?

Sorry, I'm bumping this question because I'd love to hear what the deal is going to be with grays, since it sounds like they won't look that great.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1336 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 14:03:25 »

Sorry, I'm bumping this question because I'd love to hear what the deal is going to be with grays, since it sounds like they won't look that great.
purely speculating but i doubt they'll be able to fix the greys

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1337 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 14:13:11 »

that's not a very nice thing to be speculating

Offline demorior

« Reply #1338 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 14:46:04 »

that's not a very nice thing to be speculating
:(

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #1339 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 15:46:58 »

track.aftership.com/

Spain? It is mine then!!!  :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #1340 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 20:44:09 »
I  got the tracking number yesterday. No Carrier.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1341 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 00:38:49 »
They grey are going through rework right now. No news yet. And about 30+ parcel were picked up last Friday evening.

My collection

More

« Reply #1342 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 00:43:00 »
Any word on the aluminum bottoms?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1343 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 00:46:29 »
They grey are going through rework right now. No news yet. And about 30+ parcel were picked up last Friday evening.

What company?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1344 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 02:43:23 »

Do you expect the issue with gray to be solvable ? Or will it stay unperfect?

Offline ArcticDolphin

« Reply #1345 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 07:50:01 »
I  got the tracking number yesterday. No Carrier.

Did you get the tracking number by email?

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1346 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 08:57:44 »
Wish I had received the tracking, expecting to be included in the next shipping out.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1347 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 18:48:15 »
So if we have Grey Premium, are we expecting a major delay in our order? As a premium buyer I would like to have an option in case there are going to be issues with them (Grey Bases). In other words an option to switch colors with any extras, etc. Can someone let me know? Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 November 2017, 11:46:14 by Dead Encryption »

Offline Data

« Reply #1348 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 06:52:58 »

What company?
Question of the month.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1349 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 19:45:54 »
Please let us know if boards have actually shipped. Tracking number shows no activity across every shipper I've tried.