Author Topic: Breaking Bad keycaps  (Read 16858 times)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Breaking Bad keycaps
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 23:56:52 »
I'd likely be in as well, but it seems like everyone is saying in...no one taking action? 

It seems like we need someone to guide us lol. I certainly have no clue how to start up a group buy

Start an Interest Check thread first in the Group Buy section.  After that, contact an appropriate vendor/manufacturer (ie. QWERKeys, imsto, SP, etc).  Good luck with the group buy and I'm in for a set. lol

Anyone who starts an Interest Check for some key caps will always get this guy in your group buy.  You already start with 2 people no matter what.

QFT
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline neeb

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:02:51 »
I'd likely be in as well, but it seems like everyone is saying in...no one taking action? 

It seems like we need someone to guide us lol. I certainly have no clue how to start up a group buy

Start an Interest Check thread first in the Group Buy section.  After that, contact an appropriate vendor/manufacturer (ie. QWERKeys, imsto, SP, etc).  Good luck with the group buy and I'm in for a set. lol

To be honest I don't really feel comfortable taking the reigns on this, I think there's a lot of people that could do it better and/or have more experience than I do (seeing as I don't have any, lol).

In other group buys, any idea of roughly how many people need to show interest for it to get the green light? Like what's usually the minimum order amount for custom keys etc.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:08:39 »
Typically 50 or more before a good price is reached.  I bet i3oilermaker would be interested in running it.  He's good at doing the art, as well.

Offline neeb

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:10:25 »
Typically 50 or more before a good price is reached.  I bet i3oilermaker would be interested in running it.  He's good at doing the art, as well.

50 keys or 50 sets of keys? If sets, how many keys need to be in a set, or does it not matter?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:15:26 »
I bet i3oilermaker would be interested in running it.  He's good at doing the art, as well.

Definitely get him to do it.  Only if he has free time and if he's genuinely interested in running it.  Just don't want to put the hard word on him, but he has been quite successful in running Group Buys in the past and there has been no complaints whatsoever.

If you want a Group Buy that is totally honest, seamless and punctual then he is the hombre (or the W.W. of Key-caps).
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:22:58 by Elrick »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:23:08 »
50 keys or 50 sets of keys? If sets, how many keys need to be in a set, or does it not matter?

50 of whatever you're ordering, in this case I assume that means a 2-key set.

Offline neeb

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:41:10 »

50 of whatever you're ordering, in this case I assume that means a 2-key set.

Gotcha, thanks

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:41:40 »
im in for a heap as well lol

Offline Batmann

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:45:29 »

Thanks for the manufacturer's links, that's what I was badly missing (plus QWERKeys is in Europe, making things easier for me regarding customs and shipping, I'll also check with SP though)
I'll then give it a try  :D
I need to figure out prices and details (double shot, pbt, clear caps choice, shipping costs...) and I'll keep you posted with the interest check.

PS: how do you add images in a post, I tried HTML tags with a file hosted on my dropbox but didn't work. thx

Offline neeb

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:55:50 »
If you click reply (instead of just writing a quick-reply) you can hit the image button to give you the image tags

Offline Batmann

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 03:32:21 »
If you click reply (instead of just writing a quick-reply) you can hit the image button to give you the image tags

I think I did this but I'll try again, thx for the hint

Offline neeb

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 03:57:05 »

I think I did this but I'll try again, thx for the hint

Maybe you don't have enough posts, I'm not sure how that works. But it's just simple forum image tags, [.img]http://Link Goes Here[./img] Without the periods

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 08:47:25 »
I'm going to start an interest check for these keycaps, using Batmann's concept art (if he doesn't mind, that is).  I feel we should try to get this off the ground ASAP.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Batmann

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 10:51:38 »
I said I would keep you posted with the interest check. I'm surprised you set it off on your own...
I  already contacted qwerkeys and SP to get all the details for the interest check.

Offline neeb

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 12:17:15 »
I'm going to start an interest check for these keycaps, using Batmann's concept art (if he doesn't mind, that is).  I feel we should try to get this off the ground ASAP.

I said I would keep you posted with the interest check. I'm surprised you set it off on your own...
I  already contacted qwerkeys and SP to get all the details for the interest check.

When you guys get the IC thread going, please link it here for us :)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 12:18:31 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline neeb

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 12:25:19 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36003.0

Thanks!

Batmann - you may want to add this link to your original post to make it easier for people that are reading this for the first time, just a thought