Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING  (Read 186599 times)

Offline Auk

Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 13:07:20 »
...a delay of 10 days or so...

Ten days delay is just so trivial for a group buy product like this. I'd very contentedly wait an extra month or two and ensure high quality than lose $$$s on a defective product. I'm happy that you're making sure everything is right before delivering  :thumb:

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 13:42:59 »
I still in dont worry :) we all waiting our treasures so long another 10 Day will be not such problem keep doig ur very good Job!
Best regards from Germany
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline zslane

« Reply #402 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 13:53:15 »
I don't mind the wait either. I'm having to wait extra for white powder coating on one case anyway. Plus, two out of the three keycaps sets I ultimately want to pair up with the other two cases haven't even been manufactured yet, so I'm really in no hurry.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 14:14:39 »
I echo the same sentiment others have expressed. Thank you for your transparency, quick and clear communication, and for doing the legwork to keep quality high and deliver beautiful cases. For me, it will be worth the wait :)
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline richard912

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 19:42:02 »
Hi guys. It is with some pain that I must report a slight delay to the r2 shipment, albeit in the name of quality.

As promised, I hired a third party inspector to come in on Monday and verify that all of the cases were made to spec. All of them looked good in general, but I outlined pretty rigorous inspection standards, so the inspector rejected a decent number of them based on small cosmetic blemishes in the anodizing finish. The factory has already started a rush job to re-make these cases, and they estimate this work will be completed in...roughly 10 days. :( Unfortunately, because of the weird way of the fulfillment warehouse charges for its services I can't really afford to ship in two batches, so this means a delay of 10 days or so for all of us in the meantime.

The exception to this is the powder coated cases. I'm taking the extra expense of having those shipped to me now direct from the factory so work can begin on those here in California as early as next week.

For whatever it's worth, the factory is extremely sorry for these problems and wanted me to extend their apologies with you all for the delay. Honestly, I'm a little frustrated that they didn't catch these issues earlier (all of which were caused by their anodizing vendor), during the period when we were waiting for the boxes to be finished and the cases were just sitting there. But I guess what's done is done, and I didn't want to raise too much of a fuss because they are being very accommodating to get these issues fixed ASAP.

Please just let me add, however, that I'm personally truly sorry for (and, frankly, slightly mortified about) this delay, and I hope you guys will stick with me just a bit longer while I ensure that the cases you get are of the highest possible quality, which at least will now arrive in nice upgraded custom packaging and with the confidence that they've been checked over very thoroughly and any issues directly addressed.

If you have any questions or concerns, of course just post here or feel free to email me directly.
Thanks for the update. Don't feel bad, not your fault. Don't mind the longer wait so long as the quality of the final product is top notched!

Offline autobot

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 19:44:58 »
Same here! I'll gladly wait a little longer to ensure product comes out right!  :thumb:

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #406 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 20:22:58 »
Thanks for your understanding, everyone! I really, truly appreciate it. I know I've personally waited for GH group buys that shipped literally years after I sent payment, without a word—and some not at all. So I've always promised myself that when and if I ever ran my own, I would make sure people had a better experience. I'm glad at least you feel I'm living up to that aspiration, even with this relatively short delay. :)

I'll keep nudging them along to get these turned around as fast as possible, but I agree with everyone that top quality is the most important concern. These types of projects aren't worth doing if it's not to get something uniquely well made and beautiful. For me, that's the fun and rewarding part.

As always, I'll post any news as soon as I have it.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 20:56:58 »
These types of projects aren't worth doing if it's not to get something uniquely well made and beautiful. For me, that's the fun and rewarding part.

Hear, hear!

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #408 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 18:57:11 »
Thank you for the update. Ten days is no big deal but I appreciate your informing us!

Offline richard912

« Reply #409 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 22:07:57 »
Thanks for your understanding, everyone! I really, truly appreciate it. I know I've personally waited for GH group buys that shipped literally years after I sent payment, without a word—and some not at all. So I've always promised myself that when and if I ever ran my own, I would make sure people had a better experience. I'm glad at least you feel I'm living up to that aspiration, even with this relatively short delay. :)

I'll keep nudging them along to get these turned around as fast as possible, but I agree with everyone that top quality is the most important concern. These types of projects aren't worth doing if it's not to get something uniquely well made and beautiful. For me, that's the fun and rewarding part.

As always, I'll post any news as soon as I have it.
The most important thing when running a GB, is to keep the participants updated. I've noticed some will crawl under a rock leaving participants in with a high level of anxiety from lack of updates. So, I always appreciate updates, good or bad. With the latter, work arounds/solutions/resolutions....helps to keep some semblance of calm to us buyers. Keep up the good work!!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 20:07:13 »
The unanodized cases, destined for powder coating, are now at the office of my inspectors and are being boxed and prepped for shipment to me in California the next day or so. :)

In the meantime, the re-work on the anodized cases continues.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 20:10:47 »
Thanks for the update + sharing pics. Looking forward to seeing pics of some of the final results  :thumb:

Offline madindehead

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 05:44:06 »
Thanks for all the updates. Honesty, 10 days isn't a lot, and totally worth it to ensure the highest quality case possible!

Thanks for all your hard work on this. It is really appreciated  :)

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 15:00:32 »
I forgot I bought one of these through Originative and this has got to be one of the most pleasant surprises I've had for years! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

And even though I only just recently read them all, I really value all those regular updates you've posted throughout it all. The extent you went to for us is a gesture that's worth quite a lot! :thumb:

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline losthumans

« Reply #414 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 16:47:15 »
Does anyone know how much longer the Originative orders will take to ship? (Just curious no rush). Thanks!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 17:00:36 »
Does anyone know how much longer the Originative orders will take to ship? (Just curious no rush). Thanks!

Compared to the orders through my shop? Only just a few days longer, I'd imagine.

Offline losthumans

[GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 16:55:46 »
Ok thanks!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 19:20:05 »
The anodizing re-work continues, and the unanodized cases arrived early to me today in California and I have dropped them off at the powder coating shop!

For your edification, here is a random photo of a pile of riser feet ready for powder coating that I took today:

:)

The boxes also both look really nice and provide some critical protection for the cases during shipping, as I noticed a few of the corners got a little bumped during transit but the cases themselves remained pristine and unharmed. Totally worth the investment.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 July 2017, 19:21:45 by norbauer »

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 22:58:36 »
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to enjoying not just the case, but admiring the packaging, too  :cool:

Offline child

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 14:45:44 »
Any news about re-anodized cases?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #420 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:10:03 »
Any news about re-anodized cases?

I actually just got an update an hour or so ago. It is what I would describe as good to medium-good news. The good part is that they seemed to have finally found a shop that is nailing the anodizing, both the colors and without cosmetic defects, but they medium part is that they anticipate another week or so before it's all done. No big deal, I suppose, in the grand scheme, but I know you guys would both love to have this project shipped, just as I would love to have it over so I can move on to other ones. :) I had actually forgotten that these have to be re-engraved with the laser again after being re-anodized, which takes a few days, and hadn't factored that into the updated timeline.

For whatever it's worth, one of my concerns from the QC check was that the "galactic blue" cases weren't all perfectly color-matched. I'm happy to report that the new anodizing shop the machine shop is working with seems to have nailed it. In the photo below, you'll see the prototype case that I used in the product shots on my site, along with one of the shop's test pieces from the batch you guys who ordered that color will all be getting.

This was taken just this morning. (Note that this is under bright inspection lights, and the blue cases under normal lighting look notably darker.)

Please don't hesitate to post here or email me with any questions! Thanks everyone for your continued patience and, as always. <3

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:16:11 »
Just wanted to say that while I'm not part of this group buy, your consistent updates and attention to detail gives me a lot of confidence for when you run your Realforce Case GB.

Stellar work here as always Norb!

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 15:16:34 »
nice! that looks awesome

Offline poolside

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 17:09:19 »
It is what I would describe as good to medium-good news.

Thanks for the update.
This is all good to me. I personally don't mind waiting a little longer to get defect-free stuff.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 19:07:39 »
Are the powder coated cases still looking good for the 8/1 ship date? That galactic blue looks awesome btw.
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 19:19:59 »
Are the powder coated cases still looking good for the 8/1 ship date? That galactic blue looks awesome btw.

I would imagine so. I'll go casually drop by the shop later this week with another job I have just to subtly try to feel them out and confirm that we're on track. :)

Offline bciamny

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 19:48:43 »

what i thought when i heard casually dropping by. please casually whistle too.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 July 2017, 19:52:08 by bciamny »

Offline Dysnomia

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 21:07:36 »
Can't believe I just found out about these, they look amazing!

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #428 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:18:23 »
I know that I'm being impatient by asking, but any updates on the defective cases?
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline norbauer

« Reply #429 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:04:29 »
I know that I'm being impatient by asking, but any updates on the defective cases?

Not at all; I was just about to provide an update actually. I'm told that the anodizing is now done (yay!) and that the laser (re-)engraving will happen early next week, meaning (theoretically, fingers-crossed, breath-held) that the cases should head off for fulfillment at some point in the second half of next week. If for some reason on the final inspection there are any other few cases that have defects after this process (I certainly hope not), I'll ship the rest immediately and get the others fixed on a case-by-case basis—no pun intended—as I don't want to wait any longer to get these out.

In other news, I stopped by the powder coating shop yesterday. In their typically un-rushed fashion, they informed me that the cases are being bead-blasted now (just to make sure there is no residue) and are will ready for powder coating "in the next week or so." I told them I really want to get them out the week of the 25th and they said that shouldn't be a problem.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some pics of the anodizing of the Galactic Blue cases:

And here is one of the brushed cases (looks so f'ing awesome IMO)

Offline bciamny

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:23:50 »
the pictures of the process are so awesome!

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #431 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:53:45 »
Thanks for the update! That process looks awesome and the blue looks really good.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 21:01:50 »

Not at all; I was just about to provide an update actually. I'm told that the anodizing is now done (yay!) and that the laser (re-)engraving will happen early next week, meaning (theoretically, fingers-crossed, breath-held) that the cases should head off for fulfillment at some point in the second half of next week. If for some reason on the final inspection there are any other few cases that have defects after this process (I certainly hope not), I'll ship the rest immediately and get the others fixed on a case-by-case basis—no pun intended—as I don't want to wait any longer to get these out.

In other news, I stopped by the powder coating shop yesterday. In their typically un-rushed fashion, they informed me that the cases are being bead-blasted now (just to make sure there is no residue) and are will ready for powder coating "in the next week or so." I told them I really want to get them out the week of the 25th and they said that shouldn't be a problem.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some pics of the anodizing of the Galactic Blue cases:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

And here is one of the brushed cases (looks so f'ing awesome IMO)
Show Image

Wow, these are incredible. Great job mate, I can't wait to get mine.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #433 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 17:13:25 »
Thanks, guys. So, I wanted to run an idea by you all.

I've been a little spooked by some of the cases having anodizing issues that had to be re-worked here in r2, so I'm now feeling a bit reticent about using a fulfillment company (which would mean that I won't be able to personally inspect each one). With the understanding that this wouldn't cost anyone any extra money (other than me), how do you guys feel about my doing again what I did in round 1: shipping the cases to me first and then I'll ship them directly to participants? I don't expect any problems after things have been so thoroughly checked over now, but I just want to be extra cautious by personally inspecting each one myself.

I know I'm being a little obsessive. But it just keeps me up at night worrying about people getting cases with my name on them that have something wrong with them. :S I just really want everyone to be happy with what they get and I'll feel better if I get to lay my hands on each one before it goes out.

So here's what that would look like. The cases are still set to ship from the factory this week. I'll be out of town the following week at the big Star Trek convention in Vegas, so that means all cases (both domestic and international) would ship to GB participants from California as soon as I get back, the week of August 7th. Given that it would take some time to get everything processed and sorted into the fulfillment company's system anyway, I don't think this would constitute a major delay relative to what we already had planned. As you guys hopefully noticed last time, I know my way around a tape gun and label printer like the best of 'em and am thus a pretty fast shipper. ;)

Thoughts?

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #434 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 17:20:29 »
Your drive to make sure everything goes according to plan is admirable. I'd be willing to go along with the proposal you've mentioned (and totally understandable to want the peace of mind considering you had to deal with the anodizing issues that came up for some cases). I'm on board.

Offline engra

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 17:28:42 »
I think its a good idea. It will offer you peace of mind as well as buyers the confidence that each case has been personally inspected and held to a level of standard by you.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #436 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 17:52:15 »
If you’re able and willing to put in the time, I think it would definitely be worth it. And any delay it causes would be well justified.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #437 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 17:55:08 »
Your attention to detail is great, as is your communication. Have fun at the Star Trek convention  ;D
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #438 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 18:29:18 »

I've been a little spooked by some of the cases having anodizing issues that had to be re-worked here in r2, so I'm now feeling a bit reticent about using a fulfillment company (which would mean that I won't be able to personally inspect each one). With the understanding that this wouldn't cost anyone any extra money (other than me), how do you guys feel about my doing again what I did in round 1: shipping the cases to me first and then I'll ship them directly to participants? I don't expect any problems after things have been so thoroughly checked over now, but I just want to be extra cautious by personally inspecting each one myself.

I know I'm being a little obsessive. But it just keeps me up at night worrying about people getting cases with my name on them that have something wrong with them. :S I just really want everyone to be happy with what they get and I'll feel better if I get to lay my hands on each one before it goes out.

So here's what that would look like. The cases are still set to ship from the factory this week. I'll be out of town the following week at the big Star Trek convention in Vegas, so that means all cases (both domestic and international) would ship to GB participants from California as soon as I get back, the week of August 7th. Given that it would take some time to get everything processed and sorted into the fulfillment company's system anyway, I don't think this would constitute a major delay relative to what we already had planned. As you guys hopefully noticed last time, I know my way around a tape gun and label printer like the best of 'em and am thus a pretty fast shipper. ;)

Thoughts?

I would never turn down a QC check by yourself... I don't mind waiting at all as long as it does not delay the RF87 cases  ;D

Offline zslane

« Reply #439 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 20:03:53 »
My future self appreciates all this dedication and ambition toward perfection.

Offline losthumans

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 20:51:51 »

I've been a little spooked by some of the cases having anodizing issues that had to be re-worked here in r2, so I'm now feeling a bit reticent about using a fulfillment company (which would mean that I won't be able to personally inspect each one). With the understanding that this wouldn't cost anyone any extra money (other than me), how do you guys feel about my doing again what I did in round 1: shipping the cases to me first and then I'll ship them directly to participants? I don't expect any problems after things have been so thoroughly checked over now, but I just want to be extra cautious by personally inspecting each one myself.

Thoughts?

All for it thank you for your attention to detail! Do you know what impact this would have on the orders placed through Originative? Not really sure how that whole process will work, would have ordered directly through you however I needed the Novatouch package.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #441 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 21:07:52 »
Thanks, guys! I'm still confirming some final logistical details, but I think this sound like a good plan then. It means my living room will be covered in bubble wrap and boxes again for a week when I get back from the convention, but that's actually sort of fun. :)

Regarding Originative orders, those were always going straight to the Originative office for fulfillment in LA, and that plan won't change. I'm sure they'll have a close look over theirs before they ship them out as well.

Offline losthumans

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 21:32:00 »
Thanks, guys! I'm still confirming some final logistical details, but I think this sound like a good plan then. It means my living room will be covered in bubble wrap and boxes again for a week when I get back from the convention, but that's actually sort of fun. :)

Regarding Originative orders, those were always going straight to the Originative office for fulfillment in LA, and that plan won't change. I'm sure they'll have a close look over theirs before they ship them out as well.

Ok thank you sounds good!

Offline eldonw

« Reply #443 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 22:18:42 »
Having them inspected by you personally, I'm definitely on board!

I wish I could buy all my keyboard stuff from you  :))

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #444 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 23:00:05 »
Love the attention to detail, feel a little bad that you feel you need to do that since it's a bunch of work on your end though. Guess it means I won't be taking my novatouch endgamed to a keyboard meet up I want to go on the 15th, but I'll somehow survive :P Thanks for everything Norbauer!

Offline codywanks

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 16:13:03 »
As you guys hopefully noticed last time, I know my way around a tape gun and label printer like the best of 'em and am thus a pretty fast shipper. ;)

Can attest to that

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 06:09:34 »
I might be horribly mistaken but I can't find an estimated shipping date, is there any date set already?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #447 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 09:58:31 »
I might be horribly mistaken but I can't find an estimated shipping date, is there any date set already?

No worries. It's a long thread, with some twists and turns. These are slated to ship the week of August 7th. I would be sooner than that but I'm going to be in Las Vegas for a Star Trek convention the week of 31 July. :rolleyes:

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:48:08 »
As a purchaser of an anodized case I am 100% on board with the plan for hand-inspection of each case. Thanks Norbauer!

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #449 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:09:08 »

No worries. It's a long thread, with some twists and turns. These are slated to ship the week of August 7th. I would be sooner than that but I'm going to be in Las Vegas for a Star Trek convention the week of 31 July. :rolleyes:

Are you showing off your galaxy class keyset? :P