Author Topic: [GB] Cajal - CLOSED - Updates Only  (Read 20327 times)

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
[GB] Cajal - CLOSED - Updates Only
« on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 12:27:24 »
Hey GeekHack,

So congratulations to everyone who got in to the Cajal Group-Buy! It sold out on Walletburner.co in just 3 short minutes. This thread will serve as a place to provide updates to customers on Group-Buy progress. Please contact wokechill@gmail.com with your order number and what changes you would like made in the next few days if there are any errors, and manufacturing will commence immediately. Thanks for your support!

Features
  • Choice of 4.9 lb aluminum case or 3.8 lb polycarbonate  case with 5 degree typing angle.
  • Aluminum case colors: Bushido Red, Blue Steel, E-White, and Space Grey.
  • Polycarbonate case available in clear polycarbonate or Cotton Candy Pink dyed polycarbonate.
  • Choice of 1 of 2 QMK-compatible PCBSs: (1) staggered layout, MX-compatible hotswap PCB or (2) solderable ortholinear MX or Alps-compatible PCB, each with RGB underglow and daughter board to isolate PCB/plate from cable. Each designed by Worldspawn, daughterboard by the incredible ai03.
  • Gasket mounting style with individual compression control and 50A durometer nitrile rubber gasket above and below plate tabs.
  • Staggered layout plates in sandblasted brass, POM, or sandblasted polycarbonate.
  • Ortholinear layout plates in sandblasted brass or POM.
  • Frosted acrylic diffuser layer for RGB underglow.
  • Three SMD LED indicators.
  • One included EC11 rotary encoder.
  • One big-ass knob, available in silver or black anodized aluminum. PVD-coated gold brass knob is available for +$40.
  • One big-ass sandblasted brass weight, engraved with Cajal and microscope based on Cajal’s favorite Zeiss microscope later in life.
  • Price is $395 (USD) + tax + shipping.
  • Expected lead time is 3 months, with a projected September to October ship date.

I made a Walletburner Industries Discord as an additional source of information on this buy and other projects, which you can check out here: https://discord.gg/qBs5bRU. I'll still be monitoring and updating this and other threads on all platforms, this will just form another place to get info on projects for those interested.

Spot selling will receive an order cancellation. You sell before the shippy, your order gets the snippy.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2020, 20:11:43 by walletburner »

Offline mchanneh

• trying to reset terrible typing habits!
Re: [GB] Cajal - CLOSED - Updates Only
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 16:34:55 »
Wow that was quick! Congrats and good luck with execution!!
Kailh Box Royals | Cherry Reds | Knockoff Blues

Offline jmsp0511

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 17:09:34 »
Lovely board, good to hear it did so well.
And thanks for putting together the GB thread,
The IC thread had good discussion points that served as a good backlog if the mods can restore it.

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 17:31:44 »
Very excited about this! I can't wait to see how the e-white turns out.

Offline Clay333

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 19:00:16 »
Damn, I didn't even realize the group buy had already been put up. Would have liked to get in on this one. Congrats to those that got one. Ready to see some nice builds on a very unique board

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 20:56:28 »
Super excited!

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 00:41:56 »
The IC thread had good discussion points that served as a good backlog if the mods can restore it.

Yes, please.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 17:09:19 »
the Cajal IC is up but has been locked by the mods, let me know if for any reason it isn't accessible now. just waiting for the shop payout to begin production. i wanna make this run short and sweet, smooth and efficient.

Offline jmsp0511

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 17:42:31 »
i wanna make this run short and sweet, smooth and efficient.

Sounds good to me!!
And thanks for getting the IC back.
Here is the IC link if anyone is interested
IC Link

Offline dRnRcRr

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 17:47:21 »
the Cajal IC is up but has been locked by the mods, let me know if for any reason it isn't accessible now. just waiting for the shop payout to begin production. i wanna make this run short and sweet, smooth and efficient.
And don't forget very slick

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 11:38:03 »
And don't forget very slick

slickness always the goal.

Also the payout from the shop should process this week, so Friday is the last day to email any changes you need made to your order until Friday at 5pm then they're chiseled into a stone tablet and sent to the manufacturer, completely set in stone.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 18:24:54 by walletburner »

Offline rooski15

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 17:05:42 »
Also the payout from the shop should process this week, so Friday is the last day to email any changes you need made to your order. Friday 5pm then they're chiseled into a stone tablet and sent to the manufacturer, completely set in stone.

*Now processing 200... I mean 150 orders.*

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 15:10:44 »
There's an internet outage at Casa Walletburner, but any emails received before 5pm central tonight will be changed as requested (if possible). Thx!

Offline kobami

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 04:32:48 »
So excited to get delivered!

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 15:50:45 »
Update: all parts have been green-lit for production and should be in the manufacturing phase as we speak. I will send updates as parts are finished with production. The #Cajal channel in 40% Discord is definitely the place I monitor and update the most, so I recommend checking out that area for up-to-the-day updates if you want more detail. Link here: https://discord.gg/mQKJ5h9. I'll still be updating here with major updates.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 22:28:31 »
so a bit of bad news: the factory informs me there will be a 2-4 wk delay due to being understaffed. this moves the ship date from September-October to October-November, to allow time for QC, sorting, packing and shipping. the good news is that the daughterboards, POM plates, JST cables, and ortho PCBs are done and the staggered PCBs and EVA foams are in production and will be in-hand and sorted before the CNC components arrive. sorry for this unforseen delay, but hopefully a 4-5 month turnaround is still acceptable for all.

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 01:32:14 »
Will there be another round?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 00:08:39 »
Will there be another round?

Some day maybe, but not any time soon. Anyone who wants one's best chance is to get in on extras after the GB units ship, which I'll announce as that approaches.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 11:29:05 »
here are some pictures of the production, showing weights ready for sandblasting and tops ready for final CNC and on to anodizing. bottoms are also done with CNC and on to anodizing. staggered PCBs just left the manufacturer and should be in hand and tested by the end of next week, and all POM plates, EVA foam, ortho PCBs and daughterboards are done and should be in my hands for evaluation next week too. progress! still looking like a late september to early october ship date to me from the CNC factory, with october to november shipping to everyone, hopefully arriving to all but the furthest international destinations by the holidays at the latest.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 12:37:19 »
hey! just a courtesy update: every single part except the Blue Steel and Bushido Red anodizing for those cases is complete. i sent Pantone chips to ensure flawless matching to the factory two and a half weeks ago, and they have yet to arrive. we are just waiting on that IRL color reference to arrive and they will proceed with anodizing those two colors immediately after, it will then ship to me, then i will ship to you. as of this moment, we are still on-track to ship to me by the end of the month, so i'm not announcing a delay yet, but it may happen if anything gets squirrely when they do the anodizing for those two colors. thanks, as always, for your support and patience, and what's definitely clear is everyone should have a board in-hand by Christmas at the very latest, tho im shooting more for Thanksgiving if everything goes as planned.  :thumb:

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 12:13:38 »
the date i was given by the factory for shipping to me passed on friday, so i contacted them to find out what was happening. they found black spots on the e-white cases during pre-shipment and decided they needed to be redone, so they are re-coating the e-white cases now. i was given a renewed shipping estimate for the end of the month (Nov 30). i hope i can process all the orders in time to get US customers their boards by christmas, and will make preparations now to make shipping easier once the boards arrive. thank you all for your support and patience. i know delays aren't good news, but hopefully re-doing these e-white finishes (as we did for Blue Steel, which looks fantastic), will make sure everyone is happy with their Cajals once they ship.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 November 2020, 12:55:31 by walletburner »

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 11:24:56 »
the factory is assembling the Cajals for shipment to me, and has been assembling parts for the past week or so. e-white coating is finished and after assembly, all GB orders will be shipped to me for QC and packing to customers. It's increasingly looking like January for shipping. I want to give a sincere apology to everyone in the buy for the delays, though they've been out of my hands so far. I will do my best to get the orders packed and shipped as soon as they arrive after the holidays.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 11:16:42 »
I just received tracking this morning for the first Cajal packages. there are 3 waves of packages from the production run on the way. at this rate it looks like they'll arrive just as i am leaving for the Holidays, and I will begin QC when I return.

there should be ~100 extras depending on the B-stock rate, so if you missed out on the GB, wait until January or early February to buy one in-stock.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 10:46:19 »
all Cajal parts are received and i am in the middle of QC and sorting. i will be sending out the first packages probably next week. after that, waves of extras sales will start, probably after Campsite GB starts.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 12:32:19 »
Update: we ran into some issues with the factory/b-stocking and a back spasm, but we have sent out about 70 boards so far and plan to complete the remaining 160 by the end of the month. Domestic orders with 1 boards will be first, followed by domestic orders with 2 boards, then international orders. Thank you for your continued patience and your support of the project! I now have 2-4 helpers any given night helping me get these boards to you as fast as possible,

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 16:59:20 »
heyo! so we finished shipping all orders earlier this month, with the exception of 5 orders affected by a brass ortholinear plate shortage from the factory we are currently working on remedying (all of whom have been contacted and are aware of the situation). this GB has been a wild ride due to b-stocking issues, shortages, extensions on the ship date, and a lot of unexpected costs from scaling up from the Neuron GB. having said all that, this has been the most rewarding project I have undertaken in the community, and the support I've received has been enormous. thank you to everyone who supported the project and send me build pics!

WB

PS extras soonish

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 22:20:02 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 October 2021, 09:52:38 by Etherealsound »