Author Topic: $12 MOQ 250 Doubleshots for italian, Danish, belgium, spanish, french, german...  (Read 8557 times)

Offline Giorgio

Finally doubleshots for UK, Turkish, Danish, belgium, spanish, french, Norwegian, Dutch, switzerland, sweden, italian, portuguese, german, korean layouts...  :thumb:

I think that they make the keycaps for rosewill
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8CDW14/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00K8CDSVS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TR47QP0QHYQ58AZ4W9E

From the list that I've been given, they should cost $12-$15, including shipment from taiwan to US/Europe, before adding the delivery cost to you, with a MOQ of 250.

http://www.tai-hao.com/english/products_detail.php?main_id=4&second_id=42&three_id=&p_id=357&type=4&now_rows=6#

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:44:55 by Giorgio »

Offline Giorgio

they should hire a photographer  :'(

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
They forgot the "Entrée" legend on the french ISO enter but otherwise legends are correct.
Too bad Tai-Hao is terrible quality and **** profile.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline QuickDelat

Re: Doubleshots for italian, Danish, belgium, spanish, french, german...
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:52:12 »
:O freaking out a bit here, doubleshot Belgian lay-out, never thought that would happen. Now for some nice color options

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:45:00 »
:O freaking out a bit here, doubleshot Belgian lay-out, never thought that would happen. Now for some nice color options

I've asked about the moq, we'll see :-)

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 01:52:10 »

I've asked about the moq, we'll see :-)

hopefully not to big :D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 02:01:18 »

My concern too... have been after a nice Italian set for a while

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 02:57:52 »

My concern too... have been after a nice Italian set for a while

Are they really that bad? haven't used them before... Currently have blank white PBT keycaps from banggood on on one of my boards.

Offline Giorgio

I think that they make the keycaps for rosewill
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8CDW14/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00K8CDSVS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TR47QP0QHYQ58AZ4W9E

From the list that I've been given, they should cost $12-$15, including shipment from taiwan to US/Europe, before adding the delivery cost to you, with a MOQ of 250.

Offline My_Thoughts

They can put 4 symbols on some keycaps but cannot be bothered putting the € on the UK set.....

Offline QuickDelat

ok MOQ of 250, I guess this is for each language separate?
That kinda makes this less likely to happen, I'm not in the position to organise a GB and I highly doubt that there are enough keyboard enthusiasts in Belgium that still use Belgian azerty. Only reason that I'm not switching to Qwerty is that I have too much muscle memory for this layout and I need to switch to different PCs from time to time (which all use azerty).

Offline Lepidus

No layout for brazilians ;_;

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
They can put 4 symbols on some keycaps but cannot be bothered putting the € on the UK set.....

It's rare a UK set has the Euro symbol, I don't think I've ever seen it other than random laptops..

Offline seville57

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:26:54 by seville57 »

Offline Giorgio

That kinda makes this less likely to happen, I'm not in the position to organise a GB and I highly doubt that there are enough keyboard enthusiasts in Belgium that still use Belgian azerty. Only reason that I'm not switching to Qwerty is that I have too much muscle memory for this layout and I need to switch to different PCs from time to time (which all use azerty).

It's 250 for each language.
If there's interest, I will ask about cumulative language orders with the same color. I'm sure that we can work it out. I think that many of us will order many sets. I would happily buy 4 Italian sets given the very low price.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Is profile OEM?
Also, what are the colour options?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline seville57

If there's interest, I will ask about cumulative language orders with the same color. I'm sure that we can work it out. I think that many of us will order many sets. I would happily buy 4 Italian sets given the very low price.

Some problem - it is only 104 keys sets.

Some ISO/Nordic k-boards have 109 keys.

Don't know if there is 250 ISO/swedish layout buyers.

I don't even use my ISO/nordic k-boards anymore.

109 keys ISO/Nordic k-board.

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:13:17 by seville57 »

Offline QuickDelat

That sounds great, I would be interested in 4-5 Belgian sets, depending on the chosen colors.

Offline My_Thoughts

It's rare a UK set has the Euro symbol, I don't think I've ever seen it other than random laptops..

My office has a wide range of rubber dome keyboards and it's on all of them.  My Filco ninja caps have € on them as well :)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

No layout for brazilians ;_;
I was going to say that. Brazilian Portuguese is spoken/written by way more people than European Portuguese. :'(

EDIT:
Here are the different keycaps of Brazilian Portuguese layout, using US ANSI as the base: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/6715ce803850ff41f74f
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:47:40 by VinnyCordeiro »

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
  • UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
Tai Hao's representative told me a few weeks ago they will produce the 5 most popular of their colour schemes in ISO-UK. I'll be having a vote to allow people to choose which ones they would like. Keep an eye out for it :P Group-buy will follow soon after.

I have a good trade relationship with them and so MOQ will NOT be 250, lower for sure.

Offline Giorgio

Tai Hao's representative told me a few weeks ago they will produce the 5 most popular of their colour schemes in ISO-UK. I'll be having a vote to allow people to choose which ones they would like. Keep an eye out for it :P Group-buy will follow soon after.

I have a good trade relationship with them and so MOQ will NOT be 250, lower for sure.

Really great, as usual thanks :-)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

This is great news, but...

ISO isn't restricted to UK layout. While I do understand the company side, as they are there to make profit, understand that many customers do want keycaps in their native keyboard layout.

Dang it, from what I read on Brazilian gaming forums, there is A LOT of users who do not buy mechanical keyboards because very few of them are sold here with the pt-br layout.

So the challenge is to balance the customers needs with Tai-Hao necessity of profit. Not an easy task on such a niche market as ours.

Offline Vox_PT

This is great news, but...

ISO isn't restricted to UK layout. While I do understand the company side, as they are there to make profit, understand that many customers do want keycaps in their native keyboard layout.

Dang it, from what I read on Brazilian gaming forums, there is A LOT of users who do not buy mechanical keyboards because very few of them are sold here with the pt-br layout.

So the challenge is to balance the customers needs with Tai-Hao necessity of profit. Not an easy task on such a niche market as ours.

Exactly. It's not an easy task at all... which is a bit of a shame because I am sure most (if not all) of those layouts could easily sell at least a couple of sets (given the cheap price) but said sets will probably never be made due to the 250 set MOQ. It's a bit of a bummer if you ask me.

Offline Giorgio

MOQ is workable. I've been told that the limit could be lowered for example to 100 for each language with a $3 price increase per set. Do you think that it would be interesting? This could bring the price to about $18 before delivery.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 05:35:40 by Giorgio »

Offline VinnyCordeiro

MOQ is workable. I've been told that the limit could be lowered for example to 100 for each language with a $3 price increase per set. Do you think that it would be interesting? This could bring the price to about $18 before delivery.
I think it is reasonable.

Offline barkinos98

• Illinois
i would be interested in turkish but i doubt there'd be more than 5-6 others who would be interested in the turkish set...
Happy Hacking Professional 2  | Logitech G710+ | Quickfire Rapid MX Clears

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
12 * 250 means they want $3000 to make a production run. 100 sets would then cost $30.

Going from 250 sets to 100 sets will not be a price increase of $3.but rather somewhere around $18. You may negotiate it down to 15 or 10, but I don't see $3 being possible.

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
www.mechsupply.co.uk/product/tai-hao-abs-keycaps :D

Unfortunately, I asked for an international add-on pack but they wouldn't do it. Having full ISO layouts for each country would have increased the MOQ to an unreachable amount.

Maybe in the future I can convince Tai Hao, but for now it's just ISO-UK & ANSI.

Offline Giorgio

12 * 250 means they want $3000 to make a production run. 100 sets would then cost $30.

Going from 250 sets to 100 sets will not be a price increase of $3.but rather somewhere around $18. You may negotiate it down to 15 or 10, but I don't see $3 being possible.

That's what they said... They are willing to take the risk for some of the more popular layouts.

Offline Giorgio

Unfortunately, I asked for an international add-on pack but they wouldn't do it. Having full ISO layouts for each country would have increased the MOQ to an unreachable amount.

Maybe in the future I can convince Tai Hao, but for now it's just ISO-UK & ANSI.

Why are you posting a link with a 300% price increase?

Offline Vox_PT

Why are you posting a link with a 300% price increase?

Yeah, the prices of these sets are ridiculous to pretty much anybody living outside the UK. When you convert the price in pounds to euros it becomes way overpriced for what the keysets are actually worth.
It's a bit of a shame because the fact they they're offering ISO packs with each set (thus making them compatible with both ANSI and ISO keyboards) is really nice. But then you take a look at the prices and think to yourself... are they for real? Wtf...

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
People get very confused about prices. A community member could run a group-buy for these keys and offer them for $12 a set, bargin! But of course, there's the 'group-buy fees' and the postage and the customs if you're not in the same region, but hey, at least the keyset is $12! My price includes everything except the postage if you're outside UK. This might not be the best deal for those who are outside UK but take your complaints to Royal Mail, postage is not cheap!

Keep in mind this price is pretty standard in the UK, overclockers sell the single colour Tai Hao ABS sets for £20-something. These sets have never been done before in ISO-UK so there's that too.

Also this is being run by me, I have a pretty good reputation by now for easy and punctual group-buys. The last Tai Hao GB on GH took 2 years, my last Tai Hao GB took 2 months.

I'll re-calculate my estimates for this GB tomorrow to see if its possible to offer a lower price. I am a commercial entitiy and so obviously I'm not operating at 0 zero profit.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

People get very confused about prices. A community member could run a group-buy for these keys and offer them for $12 a set, bargin! But of course, there's the 'group-buy fees' and the postage and the customs if you're not in the same region, but hey, at least the keyset is $12! My price includes everything except the postage if you're outside UK. This might not be the best deal for those who are outside UK but take your complaints to Royal Mail, postage is not cheap!

Keep in mind this price is pretty standard in the UK, overclockers sell the single colour Tai Hao ABS sets for £20-something. These sets have never been done before in ISO-UK so there's that too.

Also this is being run by me, I have a pretty good reputation by now for easy and punctual group-buys. The last Tai Hao GB on GH took 2 years, my last Tai Hao GB took 2 months.

I'll re-calculate my estimates for this GB tomorrow to see if its possible to offer a lower price. I am a commercial entitiy and so obviously I'm not operating at 0 zero profit.
So stop calling them group buys and say it is a sale. It is more honest.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

You know what piss me off? Brazilian layout, ABNT2, is mostly ANSI. See:

119225-0

Cyan keys are existing ANSI keys on different rows, green keys are common to UK ISO layout, red keys are the really specific Brazilian keys. The other differences are on numpad: the 2×1 + key becomes a 1×1 row 2 +, there is a 1×1 row 3 dot key and a 1×1 row 4 comma/Del key.

That's a 11 extra new keys total. Only 11 keys, added to the omnipresent ANSI layout.

"But there is no market to Brazilian layout."

Bull****. If needed, I'll make this happen alone. Make a 100 keyset batch. I'll buy and sell them and prove you wrong.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2015, 21:28:17 by VinnyCordeiro »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
You know what piss me off? Brazilian layout, ABNT2, is mostly ANSI. See:

(Attachment Link)

Cyan keys are existing ANSI keys on different rows, green keys are common to UK ISO layout, red keys are the really specific Brazilian keys. The other differences are on numpad: the 2×1 + key becomes a 1×1 row 2 +, there is a 1×1 row 3 dot key and a 1×1 row 4 comma/Del key.

That's a 11 extra new keys total. Only 11 keys, added to the omnipresent ANSI layout.

"But there is no market to Brazilian layout."

Bull****. If needed, I'll make this happen alone. Make a 100 keyset batch. I'll buy and sell them and prove you wrong.

I can talk TaiHao to make one in doubleshot PBT, it will be a 120MOQ or something though.

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
People also get very upset when I don't offer keysets in their particular layout. I am UK based, there is no way I could sell 100 or more Brazilian layout sets, its not possible. Plus the shipping and customs Brazilian customers would have to pay wouldnt make it worthwhile anyway.

Also, about the price again: it costs almost £20 per set for me to even get the sets in my hands, after paying for the sets, the shipping from Tai Hao to the UK and then the customs I have to pay. Then I still have to pay for postage to customers and also PayPal or stripe fees. Just because Tai Hao says their keyset is $12 doesn't mean it is. Unless you fly to Taipei and go to their factory and buy one (which you couldn't anyway because of MOQs, you'd have to buy hundreds)

A group-buy is where people pre-order upfront to get an item not easily available or for a cheaper price. Since these keysets are not available in ISO-UK anywhere else, then its a group-buy. A group-buy is a sale whoever is running it, as its the exchange of money for goods.

Offline Giorgio

These sets are sold on ebay and Amazon under the rosewill brand for $14.

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
Not in the UK. Again, that price probably doesn't include shipping and then there is also customs to pay. To be able to charge that price they are probably buying thousand or tens of thousands of keysets. That isn't possible for me.

I will lower the price of my ABS sets today, this will increase the MOQ to an even higher number, hopefully the appeal of the lower price will make it reachable.