Author Topic: [IC]Original Aspiration (OA) Switch - GB is live  (Read 37694 times)

Offline Rynxe

• Braccas Meas Vescimini
Re: [IC]Original Aspiration (OA) Switch
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 08:52:25 »
so you're advertising something as a certain material yet you don't even know how much uhmwpe is in the mold or if there is even any uhmwpe at all? how sad
That's quite normal. You are ignorant for calling him out. Switch manufacturers dont release they're formulas.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You're ignorant for buying snake oil without questioning. These guys claim to have designed the switch, they should bloody well be able to back up their claims.
Any JWK GB will sell out these days, so it's a risk free cash grab, the least we as a community can ask for is some transparency.

Don't drag the community into this. Reading most of the posts in this IC, you're the only one causing drama.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2020, 08:54:25 by Rynxe »

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 09:56:35 »
so you're advertising something as a certain material yet you don't even know how much uhmwpe is in the mold or if there is even any uhmwpe at all? how sad
That's quite normal. You are ignorant for calling him out. Switch manufacturers dont release they're formulas.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

it's not about the formula it's about whether UHMWPE is the main material or not. these people clearly advertise it as UHMWPE yet they wouldn't even know if they switch has like 5% UHMWPE and the rest is nylon lmao

Seems like people still aren't getting the point. THESE SWITCHES HAVE THE SAME MARKETING DILEMMA AS THE TANGERINE V2S. NOBODY EXCEPT JWK KNOWS HOW MUCH UHMWPE IS IN THE SWITCH. Trying to force information from the runners, information THEY 100% DO NOT HAVE, is pointless. If you have bought and enjoy Tangies, then you will likely enjoy this switch. Don't repeat the same information/arguments that were hashed out over and over and over and over again from every reddit post, geekhack thread, streamer vod, and discord discussion possible about the Tangies. No switch in existence is full 100% UHMWPE. It is physically impossible to get the color and transparency of the Tangie or this OA switch with full UHMWPE. This is common knowledge and plainly obvious by simply by looking raw UHMWPE. Unless C3 created a polymer mixture using exotic materials supplied to the factory, I suspect JWK will use whatever mix the Tangies are made of, as creating and prototyping an entirely new mix is costly and unnecessary.

If these switches are good, they will be a viable alternative to the Tangie by having the PC top housing to allow for a deeper, less clacky sound. Nobody knows what the mix is for the housing. If you have problems with this IC then vote with your wallet and move on. I for one am curious to see how a Tangie alternative will play out as the demand for Tangies from TKC is through the roof. GLWIC!

Thank you for understanding, what we can do now is to share more info when we have sample, sound test, send out some sample for reviews and let you know more about it.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 18:41:55 »
Is it full UHWMPE bottom or a mix?

Finally, JWK sales did not disclose this, just as we assume it should be a mix.

Offline Fearian

• 3D
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 19:07:47 »
Sounds interesting!

Offline xantiema

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 07:37:09 »
Well I am 100% in.

What top housing material did the Tangie C3 use in comparison to this switch?

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 01:48:29 »
so will you have a external vendor?

For EU?
Yes

Will start contacting some EU proxy recommeded on Reddit next week, hope to confirm one before GB. Will sure announce this in the post later.

EU proxy will be Candykeys  :)

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 23:20:28 »
I'm interested. A Canadian proxy would be nice (maybe apexkeyboards or deskhero?) but not a dealbreaker.

Offline Owl

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 09:31:28 »
I think this is a perfectly acceptable IC and I think it adds value to our community.

I am not sure what people are going on about in regards to "designers" for switches like this. From what I can tell, you did your research and you want to add color and a twist to an existing switch concept. Nothing inherently wrong with that. (That is what our entire community is built off of after all. Literally every keycap set, switch, stab, and keyboard ever made is an interpretation of an already existing constraint in keyboard functionality). You have the product you want produced laid out, pricing, vendors, manufacturer, ect. which is more than can be said about a lot of IC's these days.

Anyway, good luck with IC and you can count me interested in this. I really like the colors and renders and can't wait to see some samples and hear some typing tests. Thank you.

Offline alleneentrekin

• j
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 12:50:54 »
I live the colors, as well as the UHMPE bottom, but would you all consider doing UHMWPE stems as well? I think that would really set these switches apart from others on the market even more!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 07:23:13 »
I think this is a perfectly acceptable IC and I think it adds value to our community.

I am not sure what people are going on about in regards to "designers" for switches like this. From what I can tell, you did your research and you want to add color and a twist to an existing switch concept. Nothing inherently wrong with that. (That is what our entire community is built off of after all. Literally every keycap set, switch, stab, and keyboard ever made is an interpretation of an already existing constraint in keyboard functionality). You have the product you want produced laid out, pricing, vendors, manufacturer, ect. which is more than can be said about a lot of IC's these days.

Anyway, good luck with IC and you can count me interested in this. I really like the colors and renders and can't wait to see some samples and hear some typing tests. Thank you.

Thank you! Just updated samples at https://imgur.com/a/Yjx8iJg

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 08:40:48 »
I live the colors, as well as the UHMPE bottom, but would you all consider doing UHMWPE stems as well? I think that would really set these switches apart from others on the market even more!

The POM stem with PE bottom should be smoother than PE stems with Nylon or PC bottom TBH. If he introduced a PE stem it would cause stick/slip issues like Creams had, sliding the same plastic past itself is actually less ideal than 2 separate materials AFAIK.

Offline alleneentrekin

• j
Re: [IC]Original Aspiration (OA) Switch - Samples Updated
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 08:46:25 »
Oh **** your right I forgot about that.

Offline kwhilden

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 09:39:24 »
Looks good, although I was really attracted to the lighter, more neutral blue gray in the original IC render.  This is a darker medium blue.  Is that the final color? 

A lighter more neutral color will work better for RGB.

Offline JoltFX

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 13:00:40 »
I liked the muted tones in the previous render... sad it’s so bright and colorful

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 19:15:03 »

We tried to ask JWK for this, but they are super busy and failed to give us the sample so we will leave this chance for next time.

Offline alleneentrekin

• j
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 19:44:50 »

We tried to ask JWK for this, but they are super busy and failed to give us the sample so we will leave this chance for next time.
That's a shame, but thank you so much for reaching out. Any idea when these go live because I definitely want to pick them up!

Offline Bitmxp

• I’ll take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 22:59:00 »
Super excited for this!  :eek:

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 23:51:50 »
i second also liking the more muted blue-gray from the original render, but I also kinda dig this color as well

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 09:23:43 »

Do you think using a UMHPE stem with a UMHPE bottom would exhibit the stick/slip issue like Creams suffer from? As I understand it the reason Creams do that is because of using the same material for the stems & housing. Also it can only be mitigated to certain extent. Although it is well know that Creams lose the stick/slip after getting throughly broken in & lube will help mitigate it before then. I will say Invyr PE stems in Tangie housings do have stick/slip (not as bad as creams but noticeable) IME.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2020, 09:25:29 by Rob27shred »

Offline alleneentrekin

• j
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 09:44:34 »

Do you think using a UMHPE stem with a UMHPE bottom would exhibit the stick/slip issue like Creams suffer from? As I understand it the reason Creams do that is because of using the same material for the stems & housing. Also it can only be mitigated to certain extent. Although it is well know that Creams lose the stick/slip after getting throughly broken in & lube will help mitigate it before then. I will say Invyr PE stems in Tangie housings do have stick/slip (not as bad as creams but noticeable) IME.
I think there is definitely a possibility of that happening pre break in. But switches like Creams also have that issue a bit and everyone seems to love them anyway.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 09:47:03 »
Looks good, although I was really attracted to the lighter, more neutral blue gray in the original IC render.  This is a darker medium blue.  Is that the final color? 

A lighter more neutral color will work better for RGB.

We also notice this difference, but JWK may take another 1 month, and 1 month, and 1 month to get the color for us. We will see if we can get one more closer to the render in future GB. Personally, I also love that one! But this blue is also good  :))

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 12:03:44 »
The new blue is super saturated... may still pick up a few, but damn did I prefer that render...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 18:53:50 »
I don't mind the new blue, but the older blue in your previous renders was much better and in line with your 'theme/inspiration'. New one makes it just look like an aqua zilent with a white stem.
Given this is just a JWK linear switch variant, and not unique/innovative at all in any other regard, the only angle/appeal you have is your colour choice. Thus I'd put more emphasis on pursuing the more unique colour you had going for in your initial renders.

Offline KeebOnMe

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 21:13:52 »
I'm interested in the switches, when it's ready. I'll drop!

Offline taiminhle4920

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 22:43:31 »
Vendor for US?

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 02:35:46 »
Big fan of blue, but that subtle render will appeal to a lot of people. Lean toward that.

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 03:05:45 »
I don't mind the new blue, but I think I got my expectations for the original more subtle blue/grey color too high to really appreciate the new color. I believe I'm gonna get a batch of these regardless, but I really liked the original renders.

Offline Gnarled

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 07:26:54 »
If it ain't too late and ask for changes, make the housing more 'colorless' with a blue tint rather than blue through and through. With the saturated mono-colored housing and UHMWPE bottom, kinda gives off a C3 deviation vibe rather than your own design.

Offline Ramen Champ

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 19:28:12 »
Interested to see how these switches would feel in person compared to tangies
twitch.tv/ramenchamp_

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 06:54:50 »
Vendor for US?

Yes, will release US Vendor very soon!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 06:58:46 »

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 10:17:51 »

We already sent switches for review, feel free to join our discord for more duscussions :)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 10:20:28 »

We already sent switches for review, feel free to join our discord for more duscussions :)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:36:25 »
I'm interested in the switches, when it's ready. I'll drop!

GB will open very soon:)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:37:04 »
I don't mind the new blue, but I think I got my expectations for the original more subtle blue/grey color too high to really appreciate the new color. I believe I'm gonna get a batch of these regardless, but I really liked the original renders.
We may work on this with JWK in the future. Since this blue also look good, we go with this one first :)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 11:15:58 »

We will got review and live streaming!
**Andy V Nguyen**   
Review video will be published at 4 PM PST, Sep. 23th on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvQplPvMnmi-cjgqZBsnHA
Live stream at 6:30 PM PST, Sep. 23th Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/andyvnguyen

Offline thestateofmay

Re: [IC]Original Aspiration (OA) Switch - GB Opens on Sept. 24th
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 14:29:24 »
Your aspiration story makes it sound like every men gives up on their dream eventually... idk about that...

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 20:32:28 »
Should call it another name, now that it's no longer the original colour you actually wanted lol.
Revised Aspiration  ;D
They look like sapphires. I'm a sucker for blue, I'll get them regardless
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2020, 19:04:14 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Git2Gether

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 08:46:19 »
Where is Mech Land?  I can't google their site or find it anywhere?

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 23:49:44 »
Is it time!? :)  :D

Offline Ireojimayo

• Yo dayo
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 01:02:06 »

its mech.land
its linked in the reddit post and if youre wondering about the store itself the guy running it set up a channel in the wuque disc where you can ask him questions

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 19:02:51 »

its mech.land
its linked in the reddit post and if youre wondering about the store itself the guy running it set up a channel in the wuque disc where you can ask him questions

GB IS LIVE!!

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

Re: [IC]Original Aspiration (OA) Switch - GB is live
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 23:32:06 »
awesome! should be in for at least 70

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 06:36:06 »
120 Ordered.  Looking forward to these.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline BOOMISHOTYOU

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 23:42:53 »
In for 220 as 110 per 1

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 09:28:38 »

Will be sooner than you expect :))

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 09:30:12 »

Will be sooner than you expect :))

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 09:08:23 »
Arrived today safe and well.  Looking forward to using these in a build soon.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 14:50:21 »
Mine shipped over a week ago and died somewhere :(  The shipment hasn't moved since last Thursday.