Author Topic: [GB] 1976 - Flashback to the Colors of the 70's (SA Row 3) --- Shipped  (Read 193756 times)

Offline hermith

Now I've put in the orders for the two base sets as well. So a total of two base and two nordic/DE. Don't fail me now Jolikki and Engicoder, then I'll be screwed! :D

Offline Jolikki

I just added one 6.25u spacebar as well as two additional nordic sets which I'm going to sell later, to get it to tip.
6 more to tip the spacebar and 3 more to tip the nordic.
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline engicoder

I just added one 6.25u spacebar as well as two additional nordic sets which I'm going to sell later, to get it to tip.
6 more to tip the spacebar and 3 more to tip the nordic.
My final order has not been placed yet. I will clean up the Nordic and Spacebar set for you guys. I will wait until the last hour.

Offline goflo

We need some guys for the Ergodox Modifiers....go for it, only 6 more.

@engicoder
Thanks for cleaning up the Nordic Kit. That's just great to have a "correct" set of keys  :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:52:48 by goflo »
- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline engicoder

Last chance folks....The Man is shutting this thing down at  (3pm EST) 19:00 UTC

Offline kittykatmax

Gah...need 7 more for the Alternate Gradient to tip. /cry
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Data

Yeah the numbers on the base set keep going up but not the Alt Gradient.  Kind of a bummer.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Yeah the numbers on the base set keep going up but not the Alt Gradient.  Kind of a bummer.
I am considering adding the alt to see if I can help it tip. Its so close.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Since my plea pitch for the Speciality kit doesn't look like it did anything to help make it tip, I just added the alternate gradient kit to my order. Hope that child kit tips!

Offline engicoder

Zee Germans stepped up and brought and extras of the German/Nordic kit to get it to tip, you guys  could do the same with the Alt Gradient.  I'm willing to buy a couple, and with swill pitching in, it will be very close.

Update: Done...only need 3 more to tip.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 13:28:38 by engicoder »

Offline engicoder

Since my plea pitch for the Speciality kit doesn't look like it did anything to help make it tip, I just added the alternate gradient kit to my order. Hope that child kit tips!

Thanks, Mashby!!

Offline samsonite727

@engicoder

So as swill indicated the shipping to Canada is about $18?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Haha. Ya I have ordered the specialty kit (a while ago) and just added the alt grad kit to see if we can get it to tip.

Offline Data

Zee Germans stepped up and brought and extras of the German/Nordic kit to get it to tip, you guys  could do the same with the Alt Gradient.  I'm willing to buy a couple, and with swill pitching in, it will be very close.

Update: Done...only need 3 more to tip.
Done.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
@engicoder

Expect it to be 25$ to be safe. I would contact them if you are in Canada and ask them to ship it with standard USPS to make sure you get the cheapest shipping you can.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Haha. Ya I have ordered the specialty kit (a while ago) and just added the alt grad kit to see if we can get it to tip.

Only 2 more needed!

Offline engicoder

@engicoder

Yes, swill said "If I remember correctly it was like 18$.". I can't guarantee that you will be charged this. PMK shipping costs are still a mystery to me. On checkout I was charged 0.10 per item for shipping. I assume they will adjust this when the deal is finalized.

Offline kittykatmax

Just need two more to tip the Alt Gradient......thanks to those that have already helped to get us this close! /hug

Offline engicoder

Only 2 more needed!

Oh, so close...
If, by chance, it doesn't quite make it, I will lobby HARD to have it produced anyway.

Offline kittykatmax

Thanks, Engicoder!

Offline kittykatmax

One more to tip the Alt Gradient...thanks to whomever just placed an order. <3

Offline Data

Uuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhh.  I'm gonna rage if this stupid kit misses tipping by 1.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
One more to tip the Alt Gradient...thanks to whomever just placed an order. <3

It still shows as 7 on my screen.  How do you guys see these updates?

Offline kittykatmax

I reloaded the main 1976 GB page at http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/1976/

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
I reloaded the main 1976 GB page at http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/1976/

strange.  its not updating for me.  ok, fair enough...  :)

Offline kittykatmax

Alt Gradient is tipped.  Wewt!  Thanks to whomever pulled the trigger. /Cheers

Aside from liking the fact there are fewer brown keys (don't hate them, just like the other colors better), IMHO the Red/Orange/Yellow rows in the Alt Gradient look nicer with regards to the F keys.  So thanks again!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 13:57:10 by kittykatmax »

Offline engicoder

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Alt Gradient had tipped!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

haha, only 5 minutes to spare.

now the specialty kit is going to tip in the last 2 minutes (not likely, but i can't see the current number) and I am going to be in this GB for mad $$$.  haha...

Offline Data

In the final seconds!  One of the last 2 buyers tipped it.  That was close!

Offline kittykatmax

I'm showing the Speciality kit needs 13 more.  It's just so expensive for something that some of us will never use. :(

Update:  And it's over.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 14:01:49 by kittykatmax »

Offline Data

Here's what I'll be doing with mine, at least until Engicoder whips up another Specialty/Slang Kit buy for us (still hoping that happens).

Offline engicoder

Well, that's it....Phew!!

Thanks to everyone who ordered and special thanks to those of you who stayed to the end and helped a the struggling German/Nordic and Alternate Gradient kits to tip!!

Now the big wait.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 14:04:48 by engicoder »

Offline Jolikki

Pow! Good work guys :)

Offline kittykatmax

Darn I'm being chatty today....

Anyone know how the whole PayPal thing is handled?    I ordered in three bits across three days...two show as authorizations, one shows as an actual payment.  Presumably SP will figure out a total, including combined shipping, and deduct what they've already received before submitting for the balance?

Offline Data

Darn I'm being chatty today....

Anyone know how the whole PayPal thing is handled?    I ordered in three bits across three days...two show as authorizations, one shows as an actual payment.  Presumably SP will figure out a total, including combined shipping, and deduct what they've already received before submitting for the balance?

Those 2 authorizations will probably turn into payments once SP sorts everything out with your order.  They will probably have adjusted (lower) amounts when they come through as payments.  Just keep an eye on your PayPal and you'll see how they do it.  PP breaks it down for you.

Offline Jolikki

To everyone whose kits didn't tip - maybe this will cheer you up a bit.

Offline kittykatmax

Here's what I'll be doing with mine, at least until Engicoder whips up another Specialty/Slang Kit buy for us (still hoping that happens).

Show Image

That's sharp.  Using my lousy PhotoShop skills, this is what I'm toying with doing:

93872-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 14:40:13 by kittykatmax »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Kudos to engicoder for doing such a bang up job on the first phase of this group buy. It's a great design and you did a great job communicating with the community and working with PMK. It's a tall order, but you made it look easy.

Thank you.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Kudos to engicoder for doing such a bang up job on the first phase of this group buy. It's a great design and you did a great job communicating with the community and working with PMK. It's a tall order, but you made it look easy.

Thank you.

+1...  I think engicoder has done a great job with this buy.  Very well done...  :)

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
Bah, I hate timezones.
Here's hoping there will be spares :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Bah, I hate timezones.

Email PMK right away, historically they allowed people to submit (or at least update) orders on the same day the buy closed.

Offline samsonite727

Bah, I hate timezones.

Email PMK right away, historically they allowed people to submit (or at least update) orders on the same day the buy closed.

Do we email signature plastics? I can't find PMK email address.

Is this it:
sales@solutionsinplastic.com

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Bah, I hate timezones.

Is this it:

Ya, I would probably email that one since I think Melissa is on maternity leave right now.  She used to do all of the logistics, but there is someone new filling in for her right now I believe (read that somewhere else).

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Super excited for this set. :D

Offline Data

Bah, I hate timezones.

Is this it:

Ya, I would probably email that one since I think Melissa is on maternity leave right now.  She used to do all of the logistics, but there is someone new filling in for her right now I believe (read that somewhere else).

I think Melissa might be back.  I want to say Bob has gone back to his regular job.  My last few emails with her were just signed -Melissa.

I also heard she might be doing some work from home.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Bah, I hate timezones.

Is this it:

I think Melissa might be back.  I want to say Bob has gone back to his regular job.  My last few emails with her were just signed -Melissa.

I also heard she might be doing some work from home.
I saw that she may be working from home a bit, but she just had a baby, so she needs a break. ;) email sales and have them direct it on to whoever is doing this buy.

Offline hermith

The Nordic set actually hit 17! Thanks guys. I'm glad I put in 4 different orders because I don't want to know how much I spent. A year ago I wouldn't even spend 100 bucks on a set. :D Hobbies are dangerous.

Offline engicoder

The Nordic set actually hit 17! Thanks guys. I'm glad I put in 4 different orders because I don't want to know how much I spent. A year ago I wouldn't even spend 100 bucks on a set. :D Hobbies are dangerous.

They called it WalletHack for a reason.  ;D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I hope my order change goes through... since the winkeyless didn't make it I guess I really need a numpad so I can build my RSIII for this set.

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
The colemak didn't go through. Harsh. I guess it'll be another couple years for me where I'm typing colemak on a $100 qwerty set.  :'(

It makes me not very fond of the way these group buys function on PMK. I want to know what I'm buying, so I know what should go with it.

I bought enough caps for 3 sets... oh wait, no I didn't.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:03:26 by FingerPunch »