Author Topic: [GB] 1976 - Flashback to the Colors of the 70's (SA Row 3) --- Shipped  (Read 193764 times)

Offline hermith

Just got a mail from them now, apparently 3/4 have been shipped to Engicoder, and 1/4 have been shipped to me. Though I only got a tracking number for the one shipped to me. I think the one that has been shipped to me was only one (of two) of the Nordic sets. So if all goes well I should be in the clear. :)

Offline engicoder

Just got a mail from them now, apparently 3/4 have been shipped to Engicoder, and 1/4 have been shipped to me. Though I only got a tracking number for the one shipped to me. I think the one that has been shipped to me was only one (of two) of the Nordic sets. So if all goes well I should be in the clear. :)

Good news!!

Offline Steveenn

Mine are out for delivery today, and I'm so excited! ;D
F107 | 1976 'Dox 62g TGreys | TA KÛL ES-87 Clears | '87 SSK

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
My order arrived this afternoon and I couldn't resist putting them on my board. This set ousted my beloved Penumbra (at least for now). Have to say I'm really digging the scoops!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
That looks amazing, might have to put mine on my Poker.

Offline Data

My order arrived this afternoon and I couldn't resist putting them on my board. This set ousted my beloved Penumbra (at least for now). Have to say I'm really digging the scoops!

Show Image

Show Image

Dammit I just spit all over my screen.

Offline BlueNalgene

Show Image

Show Image

I didn't want to waste more time dawdling at the house to put mine on the board.  I'll show off mine tonight probably.  Or maybe I will wait.  I just got a notification that the hydrodipped case I got to match this keyset is on its way. 

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Mine unexpectedly arrived in the mail! Will find some board or other to put them on later.

Offline engicoder

Looks great Mashby!! Thanks for the pics!!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby

Thank YOU my good sir. Such a creative design and like nothing I've seen, so thank you for putting this group buy together.

My only hope is that we can get some excitement for the Add Ons GB  that you're running.  :thumb:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Thank YOU my good sir. Such a creative design and like nothing I've seen, so thank you for putting this group buy together.

My only hope is that we can get some excitement for the Add Ons GB  that you're running.  :thumb:

+1 for the Add Ons GB...  :)

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
I got mine as well.

The colors are even better in person. They are quite impressive to look at. Very rich and vivid contrasts. Just beautiful.

Offline meirish

Got mine this afternoon and put them on my QFR:

Thanks for much for running this!

Offline Jolikki

Looking good :) Mine's in LA now.. it has a looong way to go.
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Looks like I'll add this set to my want list, pictures of the set on a 60% look so nice.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

Show Image

Show Image

Looks like a super nice set!  Thank you for sharing the photos.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline BlueNalgene

I loaded up the set and took some pics.  I had to take a couple, since all of the colors wouldn't come out correctly at the same time.

I blame the dim lighting in my apartment.

I was also messing around with color balance, trying to solve the afore mentioned problem, when I accidentally stumbled on this, and it looked cool.

Offline Steveenn

I got my sets in the mail today.

I haven't seen an Ergodox set here yet, so here you go.

This is my first SA keycap set. I really love the feeling of the smooth caps. These colors really work well together, much better than I had imagined with just the renders to ogle.

Offline kittykatmax

According to the U.S.P.S., mine are due to arrive....yesterday. /sigh  Really, they have the worst tracking ever. 

My keycaps supposedly left Washington State on the 12th (received on the 11th at the post office), so hopefully I get them at least by Saturday.

Friday Update:

This morning, still hasn't arrived anywhere or been scanned since it left Washington.  Having driven from the West Coast to Illinois more than once, and knowing it is a two day drive for non-truckers, I can only conclude they decided to drive it around the world West (amphibious truck?), perhaps stopping in Hawaii or Europe along the way.......or perhaps they went back to using the Pony Express, using miniature ponies (short legs, so trip takes longer).  Also still showing it should have arrived two days ago.

I would rather pay more for UPS and get reliable shipping.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 07:03:44 by kittykatmax »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline billputer

• hi

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is my first SA keycap set. I really love the feeling of the smooth caps. These colors really work well together, much better than I had imagined with just the renders to ogle.

Oh wow, I really like the Ergodox. Looks beautiful!
CM Storm QFR-i | Matias Ergo Pro (pre-ordered) | M$FT Natural Ergonomic 4000

Offline engicoder

According to the U.S.P.S., mine are due to arrive....yesterday. /sigh  Really, they have the worst tracking ever. 

My keycaps supposedly left Washington State on the 12th, so hopefully I get them at least by Saturday.

Hang in there. Maybe mine on the same truck/aircraft as yours, because my tracking says the same. Called USPS and the conversation with their crack technical staff went as follows: (BTW, was a callback because expected hold time was 25-37 minutes.)

Me: I checked the online tracking and my package was last scanned leaving Washington on the 12th with and expected delivery on the 13th, but it hasn't arrived.
USPS: Can I have you tracking number:
Me: Oh, sorry, let me get it. I though you would have it. I entered it when I called before and requested a call back. I thought your system would have it for you.
USPS: Went we are passed the call, we don't even know its a callback.
Me: Ah, nice system....(give her the tracking number)
USPS: Hmm....(typing)... It left Washington on the 12th..
Me: (after she says nothing else) It hasn't arrived, do you have anymore information?
USPS: No its not due until tomorrow.
Me: But its marked Priority 2-Day.
USPS: 11...12...13...Oh well sometimes they take an extra day.
Me: Yes, today was the extra day, it still hasn't arrived.
USPS: Sometimes it takes a little longer. Wait another day.
Me: Ok, thanks for your help.

So basically online tracking is much more useful than calling.

Offline engicoder

I loaded up the set and took some pics.  I had to take a couple, since all of the colors wouldn't come out correctly at the same time.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I blame the dim lighting in my apartment.

I was also messing around with color balance, trying to solve the afore mentioned problem, when I accidentally stumbled on this, and it looked cool.

Show Image

Thanks for posting the pics. Hadn't seen it on a white case yet!!

Offline engicoder

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for the pictures. ErgoDox does look great! To bad the legends kit didn't tip.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline Jolikki

I just realised that the slash is actually a backslash on the ISO 7 key. Not a big thing, but anyways.
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline hermith

Oh.. I kind of wish you never said anything, can't un-see that!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy

Always.  Those people are just sitting in front of the same website you're using.

I hate to break it to ya, but I'd put down good money that they lost the package. :(

Offline engicoder

Always.  Those people are just sitting in front of the same website you're using.

I hate to break it to ya, but I'd put down good money that they lost the package. :(

My fear too....worse than just mine, I am proxying for Swill and hermith.  :'(

Update: Tracking finally updated. Says out for delivery today...disaster averted. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 08:54:51 by engicoder »

Offline Data

1976 received rather unexpectedly yesterday.  I was thinking it would be another day at least.  I haven't even had time to put them on a board yet, but I can already tell they are amazing.

Thanks for putting this together, engi.

Edit:  If you paid for USPS Guaranteed 2-day Delivery then you can request a refund and USPS has to honor it.  The only catch is, SP has to request the refund (they are the shipper) and then you can haggle with them about getting it credited back to you.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 09:18:19 by Data »

Offline engicoder

1976 received rather unexpectedly yesterday.  I was thinking it would be another day at least.  I haven't even had time to put them on a board yet, but I can already tell they are amazing.

Thanks for putting this together, engi.

Edit:  If you paid for USPS Guaranteed 2-day Delivery then you can request a refund and USPS has to honor it.  The only catch is, SP has to request the refund (they are the shipper) and then you can haggle with them about getting it credited back to you.

Thanks for the info..I think it was their Priority 2-Day which in the fine print essentially says " 2 days....probably, may take longer"

Offline kittykatmax

That is my fear.  What good is tracking when it's pretty much a black hole between departure and arrival?  Fed Ex Ground can be like that, too.

« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 11:37:44 by kittykatmax »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Haven't seen a lot of full-size shots. I'm loving the numpad.  :cool:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
I thought this was unicorn puke at first, but it is just too organized with the contrasting then matching legends. Kind of has a flow to it, if you know what I mean. Not bad at all!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline engicoder

Haven't seen a lot of full-size shots. I'm loving the numpad.  :cool:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Great Pics!!

Offline kittykatmax

JUST got an update.  My shipment bypassed my state and is in Indianapolis.  So I should (hopefully) get them no later than Monday.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
It is indeed prettier than I thought it would be. Well done all of you who purchased it!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline engicoder

Good news! Caps finally arrived.

100785-0

Offline cuongcan2020

If anyone ends up not keeping this set, please pm me.

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
I'm so excited to see more pics of people's setups! Especially the people with custom cases planned.

I bought extra blanks for a split matrix/planck style keyboard, where I plan on using an alternate horizontal color scheme. It might take me a while to get pics of it up though.

Is it just me, or do these keycaps look way better in person than in the photographs? It's like my eye can pick up a wavelength that the cameras can't. Maybe my monitor is the problem.

Offline Data

Is it just me, or do these keycaps look way better in person than in the photographs? It's like my eye can pick up a wavelength that the cameras can't. Maybe my monitor is the problem.
It's more likely than you might think.

Offline Steveenn

(Attachment Link)

Good lord man, how many sets did you order?

Offline engicoder

(Attachment Link)

I'm acting as proxy for a couple people, ordered a few and got a free set for every deal that reached 25 orders. ;D

Offline BlueNalgene

If anyone ends up not keeping this set, please pm me.

It is actually a limiting phenomenon of all displays.  It's called colorfulness.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

(Attachment Link)

I spent entirely too much money on this groupby (already), so a bunch of that is me...

Offline IMBoddy

If anyone has a set including color numpad PM me I will totally buy!

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
If anybody just happens to have an extra set of blank home keys (unlikely), or an unused set of blank bump homes, I will buy.

I have a custom arrangement color mismatch issue I didn't predict (need homes of same color).

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
this was not a set for me but i am really happy you guys pulled this through, its very unique, good job everyone

Offline tom.smykowski

put mine on a v60 mini. alternate gradient. The brown goes well with my wrist rest.

Offline engicoder

put mine on a v60 mini. alternate gradient. The brown goes well with my wrist rest.

Show Image

Great photo. It does look great with that wrist rest!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
gotta get my ass in gear and build my new board so it is ready for this set.  im too damn slow.  haha...

edit: that means there is no rush to proxy for me engicoder, i am on vacation for the next week and the board this is going on is not even built, so im not stressed about these right now.  get some rest and think about it in a couple weeks.  :)

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
I'm loving it