Author Topic: Back, was fun at Computex '15.  (Read 69125 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Back, was fun at Computex '15.
« on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 17:57:25 »
back, removed content.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2015, 17:27:44 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline tbc

kitkats are safe yes?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Yikes!

Having seen what can happen when a building floods (the building where I work has has floods of varying degrees about 6 times now) I can sympathise.

You are lucky that not much was damaged.

The worst part for us was the musty smell for months afterwards.  Ceiling tiles can always be replaced.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DrunkenDonut

Ouch. I've seen some flooding in commercial and in houses. Commercial can be somewhat easier to deal with.

With that colour water and mix of fluids, I'd definitely be looking at pulling that carpet too, and maybe going with a plain floor, at least until you're sure things are clean and dry. Odd smells and mold would suck.

Nothing wrong with investigating a drip either! But how'd they manage to turn it into a flood? :(
*Hang on to your wallet!*
BTC E5X5R5BTC-5339R-0 (\'90), MS Natural Keyboard Pro (\'99), Sun Type 5c, 2x 1391401, DASK3ULT (\'08), ABS M1, Dell AT101W, M4-1
FKBN87M/EB (\'09), FKBN87ML/EB (\'09), FKBN87Z/EB (\'09), FKBN87MC/NPEC (\'09), G80-3000LQCDE-2 (\'11)

Offline jamster

Guessing that you're covered by building insurance?

Give me a shout if you stop over in HK.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
That stinks dude. At least it wasn't your fault so maybe someone else will pay for some of the damage.

My 3 year old flooded our apartment a few months ago, and the one under us. Stinks when it's your fault and you cause all the trouble for others.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
That sucks man, glad to hear nothing of much value was damaged.
Is there gonna be a water damage sale? Lol
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition