Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stealth | Group buy is live + GIVEAWAY | Dec 16th - Jan 16th  (Read 128623 times)

Offline WetRacoon

Re: [IC] GMK Stealth | Revision 2
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 14:09:02 »
Any chance of a proper 40s kit?  Really want to put this on the whimsy, but it doesn't look like it has the 1.25 enter.  The only other 1.25 is the tab which would be used, and the shift is R4, not R3.  No 1.5 shift, but I could always use one of the other keys for that (like the control or stealth key).

What are the chances of a full 40s kit? :P

Offline JoltFX

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 19:21:30 »
Any chance of a proper 40s kit?  Really want to put this on the whimsy, but it doesn't look like it has the 1.25 enter.  The only other 1.25 is the tab which would be used, and the shift is R4, not R3.  No 1.5 shift, but I could always use one of the other keys for that (like the control or stealth key).

Would be interested in a 40s as well

“𝙁𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙙𝙞𝙢.”

Offline aiwa501

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 22:05:54 »
Blackout Base Kit and I'm in.

Offline Assthetic

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 22:06:34 »

Amen, brother. I'd be all over this.

Offline Xaiful

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 01:23:21 »
I'm all in for Base and Novelties, as well as both RAMAs and all deskmats!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 04:53:15 »

There is going to be one more kitting update before the GB. You guys will be happy with the updated 40s kit — the Shift has been fixed, and there is a 1.25u Enter. As a prospective Whimsy owner myself, I also appreciate this addition. :)

Offline Sun

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 15:48:46 »

Amen, brother. I'd be all over this.

Same. I am 40% in the way it is right now because of how much more it would be to buy the Blackout alphas. If Blackout Base, then I'm 100% in.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 19:31:46 »
I actually tend to agree. I really only like this kit for the blacked out alphas - it would be cool if we could avoid having to buy the grayed out alphas - like a TKL extension set with both alpha groups separate?

Offline mozaic

• [IG] Mozaic
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 21:24:47 »
Any chance for the icon mods to have centered icons, instead of on the top left? Similar to GMK 9009 R3

Offline eyeon

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 22:20:06 »
Any chance for the icon mods to have centered icons, instead of on the top left? Similar to GMK 9009 R3

That's how the kit originally was in the first iteration and it got changed presumably based on comments earlier in the thread, so I doubt it would change back now.

Offline eyeon

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 22:36:13 »
I think this kit absolutely needs mods and alphas to be a different color, if the base was all blacked out (and it became essentially just a gray on black set) i would be out on this set.
The kitting is much better than it was earlier especially like the 1.5U super/stealth keys in the base kit, only other addition I could think of are these two:

1. maybe a 1.5U R4 function key somewhere in the kit.
2. given the icon only control has such a small icon have a stepped icon control option.

Offline Sun

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 00:37:56 »
I don't think anyone suggested the original grey alphas be removed.

It would just be more affordable if there was a full Blackout base kit available as well for those only interested in the all black look.

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 06:35:49 »

Do you want Emir to come in here screaming? Because he will come in here screaming. Also: Please keep the classic modifiers and complete the 40s kit. Thank you. :)

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 16:43:38 »

There is going to be one more kitting update before the GB. You guys will be happy with the updated 40s kit — the Shift has been fixed, and there is a 1.25u Enter. As a prospective Whimsy owner myself, I also appreciate this addition. :)

Well this is awesome news then.  100% in.

Offline zxer

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 04:27:48 »
Will ISO be added back for blackout.
Is it worth doing a poll to see if enough folks want a full blackout base kit?

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 13:30:13 »
I think this kit absolutely needs mods and alphas to be a different color, if the base was all blacked out (and it became essentially just a gray on black set) i would be out on this set.
The kitting is much better than it was earlier especially like the 1.5U super/stealth keys in the base kit, only other addition I could think of are these two:

2. given the icon only control has such a small icon have a stepped icon control option.

This is just preference. I feel the exact opposite - I am only interested in a blackout kit. That's why I think it would be best to have an independent TKL Mods kit and sell the two different alpha sets separate, as SO many other keysets have done recently.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 15:22:42 »

This is just preference. I feel the exact opposite - I am only interested in a blackout kit. That's why I think it would be best to have an independent TKL Mods kit and sell the two different alpha sets separate, as SO many other keysets have done recently.

I don't think GMK does kits like that.

It's only like that for KAT, KAM or JTK sets (and whatever other profiles there are now).
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2020, 15:25:07 by elmo »

Offline Freeaboo

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 18:25:08 »

I don't think GMK does kits like that.

It's only like that for KAT, KAM or JTK sets (and whatever other profiles there are now).
In theory GMK will make any kitting you throw at them, but in practice having alphas separate from mods is really impractical with the way GMK's pricing is set up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Caspid

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 02:01:05 »
Only interested in the blackout kit as well; would rather avoid having to buy the gray alphas.

Offline jlndk

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:57:08 »
I made an account just to +1 this.

Especially to express my support for the NORDEUK kit

Offline jonnybueno

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 21:39:32 »
Also registered to share feedback... Please make a standalone blackout kit.

Offline mrvco

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 22:49:00 »
I really like the base kit w/ the black mods and anthracite alphas, but I'd have to add the Blackout kit to get the ESC and Return keys sans orange (that's a big spend for two keys).  I'd rather spend that money on one of the Rama artisans, but then I'd still have the orange accented Return key.  I'll be looking forward to seeing the updated kitting.

Offline paulforgione

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:55:41 »
Just voicing support for the base kit to be blackout or for a way to opt out of the grey alphas.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 01:37:35 »
Pretty excited for this set if you can make this kits more.. normal.

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
Re: [IC] GMK Stealth | going live on December 16th! | Kitting fixed
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 16:44:53 »

Stealth is going live on December 16th!

The kitting had some rework. Should be better now.

Offline zxer

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 16:51:07 »
Full ISO blackout still not possible to achieve anymore. This was possible in the first kitting arrangement.

Offline arremkay

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 17:08:12 »
This is super tempting, especially with the current kitting (as someone who uses ansi enter 60-tkl boards).

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #227 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 17:14:03 »
Full ISO blackout still not possible to achieve anymore. This was possible in the first kitting arrangement.

The failure to include ISO-UK support in blackout is very disappointing. 

Offline clackeys

• Clackeys
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 17:19:27 »
Big fan of this colorway design

Offline zxer

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 17:26:28 »

Personally I prefer the blackout and would have it as a main kit, with blackout nordeuk.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 18:14:38 »

Personally I prefer the blackout and would have it as a main kit, with blackout nordeuk.

Guys, one thing really needs to be said here, and that's that despite the fact that both of you seem to have created Geekhack accounts for the sole purpose of commenting about ISO-UK support in this and a few other GMK ICs, actual ISO-UK users as a whole still remain a statistical minority that is hardly worth a keyset designer going especially out of their way to support. Community surveys show this, and group buy sales statistics also show this. There's also the issue of the remaining 95%+ of users having to pay extra for your keys, keys which most of them have no use for. You hardly ever see other groups of ISO users (some of which are larger, e.g. NorDe) be this fussy about keys for their layouts. Why can't you be happy with the basic ISO compromise solution that seems to work fine for everyone else?
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2020, 19:24:18 by konstantin »

Offline zxer

« Reply #231 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 18:28:15 »
Thanks for your reply.
I’m aware - but got to voice preference. I see more support for ISO options in recent group buys.
Also ISO-UK was catered for in the original blackout kitting. It is also catered for in the grey colour option.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2020, 18:30:03 by zxer »

Offline Techichi

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 18:50:04 »
Ready!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 18:54:10 »
Thanks for your reply.
I’m aware - but got to voice preference. I see more support for ISO options in recent group buys.
Also ISO-UK was catered for in the original blackout kitting. It is also catered for in the grey colour option.

Of course, voicing preference is always a good thing, and it's what ICs are for — no issues there. It's just that at some point it can start to feel a bit repetitive and overbearing. Take it from me, I've been guilty of it many times in the past. Now, I can't speak for the designer, but since the gray colorway is the main colorway of the set and blackout is an alternative option, it makes sense that they wouldn't have the same amount of compatibility offered. Maybe if there's a R2 run of the set, blackout can be made the main colorway with enough demand. As for the other thing, I suspect that it was done to cut the cost of the kit by a bit.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 19:04:25 »
FWIW I prefer the standard, not blackout base. I just want to make sure there is vocal support for the kits as planned. Also, I want to thank konstantin for the measured and very well written response.

Offline JoltFX

« Reply #235 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 19:05:27 »
FWIW I prefer the standard, not blackout base. I just want to make sure there is vocal support for the kits as planned. Also, I want to thank konstantin for the measured and very well written response.
Agree with this... I know there’s a variety of opinion but I plan on both kits :)

Offline Desperado.

« Reply #236 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 20:07:33 »
are the legends doubleshot or see through? just curious if they allow rgb through. the color makes it seem that way.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 20:21:39 »
are the legends doubleshot or see through? just curious if they allow rgb through. the color makes it seem that way.

The legends are double shot

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 22:47:10 »
the theme of this set is great
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Ram

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 00:18:09 »
Great Minimal Set

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 04:16:28 »
Dude the forced accent keys in the base kit are the worst... Can you be hip/gimmicky in a non obtrusive way so adults who don't use accent keys can buy your keyset?

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 04:46:03 »
Man, I really had high hopes for the kit. But having no choice but to use those orange Esc and Enter on 40s is a huge letdown.
GL with the GB anyway. I do still like the overall theme, and I'll be getting that RAMA artisan.

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 04:56:31 »
Guys, one thing really needs to be said here, and that's that despite the fact that both of you seem to have created Geekhack accounts for the sole purpose of commenting about ISO-UK support in this and a few other GMK ICs, actual ISO-UK users as a whole still remain a statistical minority that is hardly worth a keyset designer going especially out of their way to support. Community surveys show this, and group buy sales statistics also show this. There's also the issue of the remaining 95%+ of users having to pay extra for your keys, keys which most of them have no use for. You hardly ever see other groups of ISO users (some of which are larger, e.g. NorDe) be this fussy about keys for their layouts. Why can't you be happy with the basic ISO compromise solution that seems to work fine for everyone else?

I use QWERTY for compatibility with other keyboards in my household and workplace.  It is important for me that my family and colleagues can use my keyboard without any confusion.  Since I live in the UK, I exclusively use ISO-UK since it is the layout on all the keyboards around me.  The basic compromise of ISO-US still has a few keys wrong which has, when I've tried it, lead to confusion in the past.  I accept that ISO-UK is a minority compared to others and acknowledge that I won't always be able to buy every kit I want.  However, of course I will speak up for representation when a kit is in IC and the kitting has yet to be finalised!  This hobby is all about preference and people rock all sorts of unusual layouts and strange kittings.  I'm just making sure that kit designers recognise that the "basic ISO comprimise" doesn't work for everyone and they may be missing out on at least one more sale due to the lack of one particular kind of support - just like many other people asking for particularly sized shifts etc.  The kit designer is free to do what they want.

Unusually, this particular set was first launched with ISO-UK support in the base kit and the blackout kit.  I got very excited when this kit was launched!  There have been a few GMK kits which do this since I got into the hobby and I have participated in the GBs for two of them.  However, in this case, ISO-UK support was later removed from the base kits and put into the expensive NorDeUK kit.  I much prefer this option to no support at all but obviously the economics of purchasing the set change given NorDeUK kits often cost ~€75.  It's particularly disappointing on this set since I have lost any way of having a blackout ISO-UK set when I had already got excited about it.

And, yes, I use this account almost exclusively to request ISO-UK support.  I'm active on other forums in this hobby where I do much more than say "ISO-UK pls" (I say that there too) but am under the impression that this site is the best way to provide feedback during IC, so I created an account for this purpose. 

Offline zxer

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 05:13:37 »
Of course, voicing preference is always a good thing, and it's what ICs are for — no issues there. It's just that at some point it can start to feel a bit repetitive and overbearing. Take it from me, I've been guilty of it many times in the past. Now, I can't speak for the designer, but since the gray colorway is the main colorway of the set and blackout is an alternative option, it makes sense that they wouldn't have the same amount of compatibility offered. Maybe if there's a R2 run of the set, blackout can be made the main colorway with enough demand. As for the other thing, I suspect that it was done to cut the cost of the kit by a bit.

I don't think there was anything overbearing about the mentions of ISO support in this thread? There are four or five folks mentioning thanks for inclusion initially.

I'd be keen to see anyone that is interested in ISO support for blackout make this clear by posting the thread. I think this keyset has potential to be a big seller, and as such more likely to meet minimum order quantities on less common options.

Guys, one thing really needs to be said here, and that's that despite the fact that both of you seem to have created Geekhack accounts for the sole purpose of commenting about ISO-UK support in this and a few other GMK ICs, actual ISO-UK users as a whole still remain a statistical minority that is hardly worth a keyset designer going especially out of their way to support.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't create my account here to voice support for ISO UK. We have five folks in this thread alone voicing support for ISO UK. Yes a minority but why not at least attempt to cater for the minority too? It's only a few extra keys.

You hardly ever see other groups of ISO users (some of which are larger, e.g. NorDe) be this fussy about keys for their layouts. Why can't you be happy with the basic ISO compromise solution that seems to work fine for everyone else?

I don't think I am being fussy - it is just the layout I've been used to for decades - with keys in different places, different layouts are annoying to use and I only consider keycap options that support ISO UK. I've no interest in kicking up a stink here, but your tone reads a little confrontational - like you have history with this particular matter that is a bit sour? I see your name is mentioned in the help with kitting. Was it your recommendation to remove ISO UK support from the blackout option? Something like https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-olivia-iso_1489/ would cover everything.

Now, to put ISO UK to the side again - and back to subject the blackout kit. I've already mentioned my preference is the darker blackout colour. I see it is also the colourway used first image in the thread. Like it is the dominant option. I think a separate blackout base kit and blackout nordeuk kit is worth throwing into the mix. If min order quantities are not met, then fair enough. I would buy one of each in this case. I think blackout may even end up the more popular option though if it were a separate kit.

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2020, 05:17:36 by zxer »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 06:34:50 »
I have to say that I am very happy to have seen a lot more UK ISO additions to kits overt the past year and I welcome it.  I prefer ISO as a layout on everything but Ergo and living in the UK I obviously welcome the few additional keys needed to make it UK in layout.  I understand when the only way this happens is via a Norde/UK full kit and to that end I always buy that kit when it is offered.

Specifically with this set (GMK Stealth) I still feel that the minimal, sleek, understated design is somewhat ruined by the lettering on the space bars and the enter caps.  Having said that, I will most likely be buying all sets in this.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline zxer

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 06:45:53 »
I think the orange accent ESC and ENTER keys would be better as optional too - perhaps in the extension, or just omit them, and if folks want accent colours they can use the novelties?

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 11:02:31 »
Guys, one thing really needs to be said here, and that's that despite the fact that both of you seem to have created Geekhack accounts for the sole purpose of commenting about ISO-UK support in this and a few other GMK ICs, actual ISO-UK users as a whole still remain a statistical minority that is hardly worth a keyset designer going especially out of their way to support.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't create my account here to voice support for ISO UK. We have five folks in this thread alone voicing support for ISO UK. Yes a minority but why not at least attempt to cater for the minority too? It's only a few extra keys.

That minority has been catered to, which is why most sets don’t offer ISO-UK, since it’s such a minuscule number. Adding “a few extra keys” doesn’t seem like a big deal until it adds $15 to the NorDe kit and causes people to not buy that kit. 

I think the orange accent ESC and ENTER keys would be better as optional too - perhaps in the extension, or just omit them, and if folks want accent colours they can use the novelties?

The orange is the defining factor of this design, otherwise this is a slightly different GMK Dark. The accents allow just the slightest pop of color that gives this set character.

Not everyone gets the novelties, and like others have mentioned, the multicolored kit is the vision of the set as the designer intended.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 11:15:34 »

The orange is the defining factor of this design, otherwise this is a slightly different GMK Dark. The accents allow just the slightest pop of color that gives this set character.

Not everyone gets the novelties, and like others have mentioned, the multicolored kit is the vision of the set as the designer intended.

I agree with this.

Offline zxer

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 11:49:45 »

That minority has been catered to, which is why most sets don’t offer ISO-UK, since it’s such a minuscule number. Adding “a few extra keys” doesn’t seem like a big deal until it adds $15 to the NorDe kit and causes people to not buy that kit. 

Can you confirm what you mean by "That minority has been catered to"? Like I already mentioned, the more popular the set, the less likely ISO kits are to not meet MOQ. I am not sure what your point is here. This kit does have a full NORDEUK kit already that does have the "few extra keys" to achieve ISO UK layout.

I think there needs to be some balance in the thinking here. It's easy enough for folks to say don't bother as it's a minority when they are not in that minority. However I think folks that prefer ISO already know they have to fork out more to get the kit they want, and as such buy NORDEUK kits when they can. The problem here is not that ISO options are not available at all, just that they are not available for the blackout option.

I know the more that is added, the more complex kit decisions become for folks, and can detract from sales when one option competes with another. Inclusion of a blackout NORDEUK would sort things out in terms of options. However it could split things too much in terms of sales depending on how popular the group buy is (I'm expecting it may be pretty popular). Something like the attached image may be worth considering?

I don't dislike the orange in the design and don't want to detract from the designers vision - as it is great. I think there should at least be an combination of options to not have the orange ESC and ENTER if you didn't want them, like others have mentioned ;-)

Is this thread the only 'official' discussion for this group buy, or is there a discord or similar too where things have been discussed in more depth already?
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2020, 11:51:31 by zxer »

Offline Sun

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 19:25:03 »

I agree with this.

I completely agree that the set designer should stick to their vision and include the keys they feel are essential to the set. I personally like those keys and would use them myself. But the lack of an optional non orange in the base might keep people from buying it. I am not a fan of these small base sets because I like the flexibility of a large kit. I end up paying more money having to buy multiple child kits. But this is just my personal opinion and might not be what is best for a GB run.