Author Topic: Durock springs, are they worth a buy?  (Read 4836 times)

Offline method_

Durock springs, are they worth a buy?
« on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 05:37:58 »
Been away for some time, and for my new board all the Sprit springs I used to buy (62g) are out of stocks. How are Durock's gold springs compared to the Sprit? Same ? Is it worth a buy?

thock program.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Durock springs, are they worth a buy?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 06:49:23 »
I haven't tried any of their aftermarket packaged springs, but I did roll with the 62g Durock factory springs in my Alpacas & would say they are just as good as spirit 62g supreme (his regular linearly weighted springs) springs IMHO. As long as you're not looking for something with a different feel like progressive or slow curved I think the 62g Durock springs would be fine to go with.

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 15:11:46 »
As long as the "62g" is measured at the same deflection and the length is the same, there should be no difference in the springs.
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 07:36:38 »
Bumping this if anyone else cares to share opinions on Durock vs Sprit. Thanks.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 21:19:32 »
I've tried durock stock springs (which I believe are the same as the one they sell) and in my experience I don't really like then, I felt the consistency of the springs was really bad (as bad as other stock springs) and they had some issues with ping and crunch, I'd recommend tx springs, They have the consistency that I look for, they minimize crunch and ping while also being half of the price, but there are many other options nowadays.
fjell | hhkb bt