Author Topic: issue with 'ghost inputs' on keyboard  (Read 1355 times)

Offline CurlyGirly_

issue with 'ghost inputs' on keyboard
« on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 14:54:22 »
my brother asked to help fix his nuphy air75, reporting 'weird inputs whenever i type fast' i found that whenever i type at around anything around more than 80wpm~, and press space (sometimes other keys but most consistently with space) a bunch of random inputs are sent, sometimes its everything on the first row, sometimes its some random function keys, i cant decipher any rhyme or reason to this. this issue happens over different os (linux, windows, and mac) and over differenct connections (wired and bluetooth). the keyboards firmware is up to date, all the switches work in my keyboard, the pcb isnt obviosly damaged, and i just cant figure out what the problem is. is my brother just playing a weird prank to drive me insane? or do i just need to buy a new pcb. pls help i feel like im going crazy

Offline CurlyGirly_

Re: issue with 'ghost inputs' on keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 15:59:09 »
turns out after more testing its not just when typing fast, using my tweezers to check individual connections, it was doing some super weird stuff, like inputting everything in the f row being pressed (specifically when i was testing f5 and f6, which coincidentally dont seem to work on their own now) it just happens randomly now whatever keys i press

Offline CurlyGirly_

Re: issue with 'ghost inputs' on keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 16:54:55 »
the issue is with the sockets being also connectwd to something else, connecting the right socket and a printing on the pcb, or the case, cause such behaviour, and thats whats causing the issue, i think this should be resolved with a mod like the tape mod, but on both sides, protecting the pcb from the case parts
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 July 2023, 18:21:39 by CurlyGirly_ »