Author Topic: [IC] RGB-Y Kit  (Read 31016 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: [Interest Check] RGB-Y Kit
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 08:42:46 »
When he talks about what is missing and why I will make it the decision on whether or not to run a group buy for the rest (he may have plans or want to do it)
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:14:30 »
Woah, what happened to me running this?

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:30:34 »

Smalls, you posted earlier that your folks had to talk about it. Did they reach a decision?

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline remmeh

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:22:34 »
Interested!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:30:47 »
You talked about your parents not wanting you to do this possibly, and sherry ordered a large quantity of RGB kits already but with unknown to us issues concerning 1.75x shift, no yellow or orange, and pretty sure no iso keys either so we may still need a group buy for those parts, and potentially extra shifts if people think they may wear them out gaming.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:40:35 »
I have yet to hear back from them, so I'm not sure.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:10:40 »
You talked about your parents not wanting you to do this possibly, and sherry ordered a large quantity of RGB kits already but with unknown to us issues concerning 1.75x shift, no yellow or orange, and pretty sure no iso keys either so we may still need a group buy for those parts, and potentially extra shifts if people think they may wear them out gaming.

I think smalls can do a buy for everything if he so chooses, personally I'd rather get everything from one place. This is assuming he can do it! Go smalls!

Cheers,

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:17:30 »
Well sherry kind of ordered a LOT of sets. I suspect SP messed something up on the 1.75 shift and yellow mods. I guess proceed as before, or wait for sherryton to chime in with his sale and information.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:42:50 »
Well sherry kind of ordered a LOT of sets. I suspect SP messed something up on the 1.75 shift and yellow mods. I guess proceed as before, or wait for sherryton to chime in with his sale and information.

Meh, I sort of feel like that's KS' problem, and leave it at that. I say march on with this buy, and let KS utilize its sub-forum for publicizing its sets.

Cheers,

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:14:22 »

Meh, I sort of feel like that's KS' problem, and leave it at that. I say march on with this buy, and let KS utilize its sub-forum for publicizing its sets.

Cheers,

That's fine if you want to proceed with this.  I don't mind.  I can't stop you guys from doing it.

Offline metafour

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 18:35:11 »
That's fine if you want to proceed with this.  I don't mind.  I can't stop you guys from doing it.

I would suggest marketing your stuff a little more. Even stuff that is coming up as long as it's something that is going to ship. Since the community can have some of this stuff produced on its own, the sooner we know that you are working on this and it's actually going to ship, like you've placed the order with SP, then we know to just have patience. Maybe I missed it but from what I saw you posted in this thread pretty late letting people know that you had this in production and were going to sell them on your store. I had placed a WTB in the classifieds for white on RGBY double shots. That would have been a perfect time for you to market directly to me via PM letting me know you had some in production with SP and could buy them from you in the near future. I think the WTB threads in the classifieds are what initiated this thread. I know I had suggested in someone else's WTB thread that someone should do exactly what you were trying to do, have them in stock on a regular basis.

I just went to your Subforum to see if you had posted any more information on the Korean Springs you said you were going to put up in your store after you didn't get the response you wanted from advertising them on a thread here. Unfortunately it looks like all the threads have been removed and I still don't see them on your store.

Don't take this as anything other than constructive feedback as that is what it is meant as.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 18:46:44 »

I would suggest marketing your stuff a little more. Even stuff that is coming up as long as it's something that is going to ship. Since the community can have some of this stuff produced on its own, the sooner we know that you are working on this and it's actually going to ship, like you've placed the order with SP, then we know to just have patience. Maybe I missed it but from what I saw you posted in this thread pretty late letting people know that you had this in production and were going to sell them on your store. I had placed a WTB in the classifieds for white on RGBY double shots. That would have been a perfect time for you to market directly to me via PM letting me know you had some in production with SP and could buy them from you in the near future. I think the WTB threads in the classifieds are what initiated this thread. I know I had suggested in someone else's WTB thread that someone should do exactly what you were trying to do, have them in stock on a regular basis.

I just went to your Subforum to see if you had posted any more information on the Korean Springs you said you were going to put up in your store after you didn't get the response you wanted from advertising them on a thread here. Unfortunately it looks like all the threads have been removed and I still don't see them on your store.

Don't take this as anything other than constructive feedback as that is what it is meant as.

To be honest, I don't mind at all.  I know people rather purchase from a group buy because it's cheaper.  I'm fine with everything.  I know people will still come to me for some RGB kits.

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 00:24:07 »
In for white legends standard for my filco.
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 00:44:42 »
Let's make it an rgbyo set and maybe use slightly different shades of the colors? Include solo keys, 1.75 shift, and iso. How does all that sound?

Offline eon

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 02:45:00 »
Souds very nice to me :)
Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline MadScientist46

• Snaged his first CCs -> HappyScientist now ^_^
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 05:03:54 »
Let's make it an rgbyo set and maybe use slightly different shades of the colors? Include solo keys, 1.75 shift, and iso. How does all that sound?

I love that idea, too!
Noppoo Choc mini MX-Reds | KBT Pure MX-Reds/Green LEDs

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 06:53:40 »
cool.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 07:27:59 »
Tis what I wanted to do... a RGB-Y+O kit! I'm going to figure out the if I can do this soon...sorry for the delays guys. I really want to put this into action!

Offline houlty

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 07:30:23 »
Brilliant.

Have you had a quote for these yet?  Just wondering if there's an idea of cost.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 07:50:30 »
As much as I like all these ideas , can we all please wait for SmallFry to tell us what's going to happen please?
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 08:48:03 »
As much as I like all these ideas , can we all please wait for SmallFry to tell us what's going to happen please?
+1. C'mon Smalls!

Cheers,

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Re: [Interest Check] RGB-Y Kit
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 09:57:15 »
One, thanks for the support, and two, thanks for spelling SmallFry correctly. Also, thanks OrangeJewce!

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 11:06:25 »
You're welcome? :p
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 14:12:43 »
I have bad news guys. I think my parents shot down my group buy aspirations. I'm sorry guys, but somebody else will have to run this.

EDIT: Parents are debating it.
Any word? Are they cool with you managing a large order consisting of thousands of dollars of other peoples money if this ends up being your first group buy? I'm curious how you are trying to sell this to them, and if you are trying to conceal any details like I probably would have from my parents when I was in high school. No way I would let my high school self run a group buy :p college, financial responsibility, and a real job works wonders for credibility and reliability.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 18:53:30 »
Shot down. Locking this thread... Please PM me if you want to run one so that I may try and help, if you don't mind me helping. I had some ideas to kick around...

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 18:59:34 »
In for at least 7x 1.25 set and 7x 1.5 set, both with white legends. Will also pick up some with black legends, at least 5 of each.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 19:00:54 »
locked by request of OP

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.