Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 244925 times)

Offline kidpid

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #850 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 18:08:13 »
I've got a WKL e-white top that I'd like to trade for a regular or HHKB top. PM me if you're interested.

Offline boog

« Reply #851 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 18:45:05 »
Has anyone found the same sized bumpons but clear online anywhere?

I found these. I think they may be slightly smaller than the ones that came with the board, but I won’t know how well it works until it arrives (4 days from now).
3M Bumpon SJ5306 Clear Bumper/Spacer Pad - Hemispherical Shaped Bumper - 0.375 in Width x 0.15 in Height - 67560 [PRICE is per PAD] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080HNTH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wDF4CbBZ6E0M0

Ever so slightly smaller, but I think it looks way better than black.

Offline Nostril

• Synth Labs
« Reply #852 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:09:30 »

Huh, mine came with clear bumpons. I ordered the PC case.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #853 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:19:53 »

I think he is just wanting extras... or lost one maybe?

Offline boog

« Reply #854 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:49:05 »

I think he is just wanting extras... or lost one maybe?

Haha, nope. Mine came with black bumpons  :-[

Offline rooney

« Reply #855 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:54:07 »
Did the MX Universal PCB come with hotswappable sockets? I have a Tsangan PCB that I was looking to trade for a MX Universal PCB.

Offline Nostril

• Synth Labs
« Reply #856 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 00:01:42 »
Loving this board! It's my first gasket mount - which certainly gives it a nice feel.

I finished building a while ago but finally got around to sorting out the pictures.

Here's my unboxing/build log/photos if anyone is interested:
https://imgur.com/a/kVsbCGi

Offline rooney

« Reply #857 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 00:03:49 »
Loving this board! It's my first gasket mount - which certainly gives it a nice feel.

I finished building a while ago but finally got around to sorting out the pictures.

That is absolutely stunning! I love the photos, great build!

Offline Slimjim095

« Reply #858 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 03:24:27 »
I’ll buy someone’s spot if they don’t want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline E3E

« Reply #859 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 03:26:55 »
 ^-^
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 May 2019, 22:47:10 by E3E »

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #860 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 05:10:02 »
did anyone have problem with gaskets? mine is longer than the spot so its kinda hard to make then align to screw holes

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #861 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 07:52:13 »

Thanks for sharing.  Looks super nice.  Made me consider the zeal stabs for upcoming PC Think6.5.. hmm

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #862 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 08:32:38 »
Thanks for sharing.  Looks super nice.  Made me consider the zeal stabs for upcoming PC Think6.5.. hmm
Stay away from zeal stabs, they flip out of their seats quite easily when you try to pull the keycaps, especially with the spacebar's.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2019, 08:35:08 by LuiKang »

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #863 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 08:33:37 »
Stay away for zeal stabs, they flip out of their seats quite easily when you try to pull the keycaps, especially with the spacebar's.

Oh interesting. That would be annoying! Thanks for the heads up.

Offline reidd

« Reply #864 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 16:56:51 »
How did you guys turn on the lighting?

Offline Lormania

« Reply #865 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 20:26:06 »

I found these. I think they may be slightly smaller than the ones that came with the board, but I won’t know how well it works until it arrives (4 days from now).
3M Bumpon SJ5306 Clear Bumper/Spacer Pad - Hemispherical Shaped Bumper - 0.375 in Width x 0.15 in Height - 67560 [PRICE is per PAD] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080HNTH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wDF4CbBZ6E0M0

I ordered the same ones thanks to you! Much appreciated!

Offline boog

« Reply #866 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 20:36:52 »
How did you guys turn on the lighting?

By default mine was toggled with "fn + Q". Brightness lowered with "fn + W". Brightness increased with "fn + E", or if you are setting it up in QMK use: BL_TOGG, BL_DEC, BL_INC in your keymap.

Offline boog

« Reply #867 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 20:37:26 »

I ordered the same ones thanks to you! Much appreciated!

No problem, happy to help  :D

Offline rooney

« Reply #868 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 09:28:47 »
How do you setup rgb strip for under glow?

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #869 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 09:36:14 »
Dang, I didn’t realize there were clear bumpons, I got black ones with my PC case.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #870 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 10:52:32 »
Was there an option for polished brass weights? Mine was pretty rough. It's not a big deal if not but just curious.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #871 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 10:53:54 »
Yes there was. You had the option between sandblasted raw or PVD.
Was there an option for polished brass weights? Mine was pretty rough. It's not a big deal if not but just curious.

Offline cepate11

« Reply #872 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 21:42:42 »
Just built up my board. QMK configurator doesn't seem to have the default builds. Will they be added in again?

Offline lukelex

« Reply #873 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 01:56:19 »
Just built up my board. QMK configurator doesn't seem to have the default builds. Will they be added in again?
What do you mean? The key map is here https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/foxlab/leaf60/universal/keymaps/default/keymap.c

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #874 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 02:12:11 »
@cepate11 the defaults aren't included in QMK Configurator but they are included in QMK Firmware. With fast input mode, you can actually build the default in about 45-60 seconds on the QMK Configurator.

Offline cepate11

« Reply #875 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 14:54:43 »
Got it thanks!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #876 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 05:22:04 »
Anyone have a e-white leaf 60 in HHKB top they would like to sell this desperate fellow?

Offline eagleheardt

« Reply #877 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 22:27:49 »
HELP! Flashed Leaf 60 with QMK and now my backspace doesn't work

I used the online configurator https://config.qmk.fm/#/foxlab/leaf60/universal/LAYOUT_60_ansi and I know that the backspace button worked before I flashed, but not so much now.

$ sudo make foxlab/leaf60/universal:redux1:dfu

Suggestions?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #878 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 23:20:43 »

I used the online configurator https://config.qmk.fm/#/foxlab/leaf60/universal/LAYOUT_60_ansi and I know that the backspace button worked before I flashed, but not so much now.

Suggestions?

Can you try the LAYOUT_all macro and see which of the top keys works as backspace?
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2019, 13:19:32 by merlin64 »

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #879 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 22:29:03 »
Didn't find any posts on it yet, but has anyone managed to add underglow strips to the universal pcb?
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2019, 22:33:48 by Furikurichemy »

Offline yemeisong

« Reply #880 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 23:16:05 »
Didn't find any posts on it yet, but has anyone managed to add underglow strips to the universal pcb?
I did, check my previous response.

Offline eagleheardt

« Reply #881 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 08:21:58 »

Suggestions?

Can you try the LAYOUT_all macro and see which of the top keys works as backspace?

I used the LAYOUT_ALL as a guide and fixed it up. It seems the one on the website simply doesn't have anything mapped to that key

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #882 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 08:53:11 »
@eagleheardt can you send me your info.json? I need to figure out which of the two keys you used.

You can send it to me on discord mechmerlin#2999

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #883 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 09:31:10 »
I did, check my previous response.

Thanks a ton! Definitely missed that post.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #884 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 17:56:45 »
has anyone tried to add underglow strips?

Also looking for this answer, I want to add unnecessary RGB to all my stuff plz
I was able to solder WS1812 strips to the back of the PCB. Connect the 5v wire to the V pin on the PCB, Data to O, and Ground to G. It's an "open circuit", the arrows should be pointing away, and you don't need to 'close' the circuit by adding more wires.

However, there isn't enough space for the LEDs in the case so you may have to sand the bottom case.

Do you have any pictures of your set up? And are you saying that if you were to add individual rgb lights to the back or a stand-alone strip there’d be no space within the case? Thanks!

Offline spyruf

« Reply #885 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 16:45:52 »

I've posted way too many pictures of my leafs but I finally got a 7u spacebar. It's OEM or Cherry profile and a little higher than the aek profile but it looks better than having a shorter spacebar imo.

Offline open0700

« Reply #886 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 05:02:54 »
Give me a way to turn on the leaf60 light

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #887 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 07:29:52 »
Give me a way to turn on the leaf60 light

You can use the appropriate RGB_XXXXX or BL_XXXXXX keycodes for that.

Offline dk4one

« Reply #888 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 07:39:07 »
Sent you a message with problem on my order.

Offline davidL

« Reply #889 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 08:28:43 »

I was able to solder WS1812 strips to the back of the PCB. Connect the 5v wire to the V pin on the PCB, Data to O, and Ground to G. It's an "open circuit", the arrows should be pointing away, and you don't need to 'close' the circuit by adding more wires.

However, there isn't enough space for the LEDs in the case so you may have to sand the bottom case.

Do you have any pictures of your set up? And are you saying that if you were to add individual rgb lights to the back or a stand-alone strip there’d be no space within the case? Thanks!

just wanted to share how I wired up my RGB strips

https://imgur.com/a/aAavK1d

5V and GND are parallel between all the LED's, so you can bridge any two respective pads for >1 strip
Data In is series, so it starts at one end and you must bridge each discontinuity.
I ordered my strips from keebio, these seem to fit the hotswap pcb just fine. I would suppose the regular pcb has more clearance.
Also remember to correct the qty of LED's in the config.h file. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2019, 08:32:29 by davidL »

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #890 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 11:40:07 »

just wanted to share how I wired up my RGB strips

https://imgur.com/a/aAavK1d

5V and GND are parallel between all the LED's, so you can bridge any two respective pads for >1 strip
Data In is series, so it starts at one end and you must bridge each discontinuity.
I ordered my strips from keebio, these seem to fit the hotswap pcb just fine. I would suppose the regular pcb has more clearance.
Also remember to correct the qty of LED's in the config.h file. Hope this helps.

Thanks!! This is great information :)

Offline Hokabuki

[GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #891 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 15:07:23 »
The “Enter” stab hole on the universal E White plate is not large enough to fit the stabilizer housings through. I’ve tried GMK and some generic stabs that I have and neither fit. Anyone else have this issue?

Offline He1dra

« Reply #892 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 17:59:06 »
The “Enter” stab hole on the universal E White plate is not large enough to fit the stabilizer housings through. I’ve tried GMK and some generic stabs that I have and neither fit. Anyone else have this issue?

I got the wkl plate but I had the same issue with all the stab holes, had to cut them larger for GMK stabs.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #893 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 19:30:26 »

My E Red plate has similar problem. Turns out you just need to push it through harder and it will work. It's just a very tight fit. What I ended up doing is, try to get the stabs through the hole at an angle, eg try to get the bottom side of the stabs though, then push the top side of the plate with force and get the whole stab through that way.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #894 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 20:20:05 »

My E Red plate has similar problem. Turns out you just need to push it through harder and it will work. It's just a very tight fit. What I ended up doing is, try to get the stabs through the hole at an angle, eg try to get the bottom side of the stabs though, then push the top side of the plate with force and get the whole stab through that way.
I was able to force the stabs through. However, it’s so tight that the stab stems stick and won’t return to full heights after a key press. Luckily I haven’t soldered anything, just tested them out.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #895 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 23:27:42 »

I was able to force the stabs through. However, it’s so tight that the stab stems stick and won’t return to full heights after a key press. Luckily I haven’t soldered anything, just tested them out.

Hmm the stab stems don't touch the plate stab opening though. My plate, despite having tight stab holes, doesn't affect the stab stems at all. Are you sure it's the tight stem opening that causes this?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline cepate11

« Reply #896 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 17:35:52 »

I can confirm on my universal brass plate it seemed like it would not fit over the Enter stabilizer, but it just need to be pressed down a little more. It was snug but did not interfere with the operation of the stabilizer at all.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #897 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 21:46:20 »

I can confirm on my universal brass plate it seemed like it would not fit over the Enter stabilizer, but it just need to be pressed down a little more. It was snug but did not interfere with the operation of the stabilizer at all.

The size is okay, but it is upside down than usual 60% PCB. So be careful if you're using other PCBs
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #898 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 11:57:42 »
221515-0221517-1

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #899 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 23:41:44 »