Author Topic: Vendor Review: kbdhub  (Read 88406 times)

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
Vendor Review: kbdhub
« on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 00:36:00 »
The purpose of a vendor forum on geekhack is to provide vendors both small and large a place to interact with their customers (our community), resolve issues, and post news about their goods. It is the expectation of the community that the vendors we give space to are trustworthy, timely, and are actually interested in communicating with our members.

Recently, there has been a lack of communication by sethk_, many users have expressed concern about items not being shipped, and have been concerned about the lack of a visible storefront or online presence. Sethk_ will be given 48 hours to respond to this post in a satisfactory manner, or we will have to consider revoking vendor status. A copy of this post has also been sent by email.

Community members, please feel free to respond to this announcement with your comments.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Vendor Review: kbdhub
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 05:10:59 »
It seems that he is active online, and irl.

He also seems to be aware of the situation with outstanding orders.

Hopefully he does respond in time to clarify the situation.

I'll also post think link here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77470.msg1952936#msg1952936

To his last communication where he stated his plans for resolving the current outstanding items.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 05:46:20 »
Since I was the main reason this happened with my thread : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77470.0 I'll post my experience.

sethk_ has always been a pleasure to deal with, very helpfull and seemingly hard working : taking lot of orders and building a various number of board for GH user (if the user that had boards built by him would show up that would be nice too).

We were talking daily through skype and knowing his young age I was finding it odd how many **** he was able to buy (clothes, pricy boards & keycaps ... ) even if he has a shop and seemed to build boards all week long. In the latest day before he stopped communicating he was trying to sell stuff that I would have never imagined him selling (favorite board, and other various items), so it got me intrigued.

That was for the background.

I proxied two europeans board for him on my money expecting to get it back later on the shipping of a Viper he sold me. But the Viper shipping got delayed forever. So I was getting worried of loosing this proxy money (that wasn't under any paypal protection).

So I had 2 payments under paypal protection (leds GB and Viper) but 100€ out on which I couldn't use any protection.

This got me really worried and I started the thread above. I had to go public because I knew he could possibly get more stuff send to him and it wasn't right for people to be uninformed about the situation. (I tried to talk in private with moderator but never had answer).

With no answers to the thread, I transformed my paypal disputes into claims.
He finally talked to me on skype thursday telling me that my Viper was moving. I hadn't checked the tracking in forever and it's indeed moving my way. I wait on receiving it then will pay him back what I owe him (Viper price+ shipping of Viper - proxy) as my paypal claims will most likely get me my money refunded.
And that should be the end of the situation for me.

Other things he got on the way and that I'm aware of:

-his led & sip socket GB : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73443
no one ever seems to have gotten stuff even if the leds exist, he seems to be refunding people that open paypal disputes.

- someone contacted me because sethk_ has his Kmac and parts for a build , sethk_ offered to solve it through skype

- he has over 1200$ worth of stuff from one individual person that used his proxy service

-and probably a lot of other stuff

He seems to want to fix his wrongs, not sure what happened and why he stopped communicating. But that's the worste thing to ever do in this kind of situation.

I hope this will all get sorted out

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:27:28 »
Seth claims to have sent out my board on Thursday (I'm the Kmac guy), but the shipping information still has not updated past "Pre-Shipment". But he has been communicating, although not much lately, and I really hope to have this sorted out quickly.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:45:09 »
I pre-ordered some stuff from him

He since then maintain very minimal communication, or very little words on the communication
And one day just disappeared

Decided to open a dispute on paypal for one of the transaction late November and got a respond saying that he will be sending the item on the 4th of December, and asked me to close the dispute
I replied saying that I will be waiting for the tracking no, and will only close the dispute if the item is in "transit" - since some members experienced misleading tracking label from him

No news since then, and on the 9th of December he agreed to refund me

That's only one transaction of some, while the rest I could not dispute since it's already pass the regulated length
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:54:01 »
Seth claims to have sent out my board on Thursday (I'm the Kmac guy), but the shipping information still has not updated past "Pre-Shipment". But he has been communicating, although not much lately, and I really hope to have this sorted out quickly.

Hey man, be wary of this :

I replied saying that I will be waiting for the tracking no, and will only close the dispute if the item is in "transit" - since some members experienced misleading tracking label from him

for other people, use your paypal protection before it's too late.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 10:27:49 »
I have a $100 PP claim against him for the LED GB. I offered to help him ship via PM, and later directly in the thread after he asked for some help. I sent him another PM and later again posted in the thread before opening my dispute. It was open for 29 days with no response, even though I updated it twice asking for one. On the 29th day I escalated to a claim. He still hasn't responded to me once. The claim closes on the 19th, and I expect to be refunded via PP.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline uJalled

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 10:29:43 »

Hey man, be wary of this :

for other people, use your paypal protection before it's too late.

Yea, I was hoping it was because he gave me the wrong tracking number, but he hasn't responded at all on Skype after telling me it was sent out on Thursday, and now it's Saturday and still not in transit. Especially since I need the board before Christmas because it's a gift

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:18:41 »
Here's a timeline on what happened to me:

October 22, 2015: Sent a PM to sethk_ regarding status of inventory for immediate purchase.
October 22, 2015: Received a response from sethk_ indicating that the 62G springs I'm interested in are in stock.
October 22, 2015: Purchased two sets of 62G springs shortly after.
October 26, 2015: I sent a PM to sethk_ regarding status of shipping and tracking.
October 29, 2015: Sethk_ responded stating that my package will be shipped out on the same day.
October 30, 2015: Received a PM from Sethk_ stating that my package was shipped and that tracking won't work for packages bound for Canada.
October 30, 2015: Sent sethk_ a PM still requesting for a tracking number.
October 30, 2015: Received a PM indicating that sethk_ is at school and that I'll receive a PM when he's home.
November 1, 2015: Sent a follow up PM requesting for an update with the tracking number.
November 4, 2015: Sent another follow up PM requesting for an update.
November 5, 2015: Initiated a PayPal dispute claim.
November 5, 2015: Received a PM from sethk_ indicating that he has troubles locating my tracking number and asks me to resend him my shipping information.
November 5, 2015: I respond to sethk_'s PM by providing him with my information.
November 5, 2015: Shortly after, I receive a tracking number and a screen shot of the shipping information. I notice that there's an error with my shipping information and that the label was created on November 6?
November 5, 2015: Sethk_ states that the first package may have been lost and he'll send out a replacement package? At this point, I'm completely frustrated.
November 6, 2015: I request for a refund.
November 9, 2015: I receive a PM from sethk_ that my refund will be coming shortly.
November 13, 2015: I receive a refund from PayPal.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:50:05 »
While seth seems like he hasn't just completely vanished, and he's around and (relatively) active, it looks like there have been a lot of problems with various shipments and communication. To me it looks like maybe he just isn't up to the task handling a large amount of orders, which makes me think geekhack shouldn't be endorsing him as a vendor.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 23:06:19 »
I was going to have him build a couple boards for me but since I saw posts about how he may not be fulfilling his duties, I have switched the shipping addresses on them. However, I have already sent him the zealios I wanted for him to put on my boards. He hasn't been responding to messages to ship them to me since November 24.
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline fatb0y

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 08:52:52 »
I ordered and received an 1800 PCB from him, shipping was quick. 

Considering the popularity of leeku's 1800 keyboards, I am guessing that Sethk_ wasn't really prepared for the workload.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:49:35 »
sethk_ has been removed as a vendor and is no longer a moderator of this vendor subforum. This subforum will stay active for the near future, but will eventually be archived.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 03:20:44 »
I hope everyone gets their stuff from him
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 23:09:14 »
It's a bit late since the decision regarding his vendor status has been made but is there anything I can do to get my money back from Seth if I sent the money via family/friends? I figured nothing could go wrong given his vendor status but because of how I sent the money, I can't get paypal involved in this case. The only feasible way of getting my money back is getting him to refund me directly but he hasn't even replied to my last PM.

The events of my transaction are something along these lines: Contacted on /r/mechmarket > Exchanged money via paypal for 1 set of 62g springs > Waited 3 weeks, didn't receive them  > Attempted to contact him though reddit, got no reply > contacted him on GH, got a reply days later saying wait a bit longer > Contacted him on GH saying they haven't arrived after a month > Got a reply a few days later saying he'll ship another set > Contacted him a month later because those ones haven't arrived yet and still have no reply to this day.

I ended up buying steel springs off a mechmarket user in my country when they appeared so I don't have a use for seth's springs anymore but I still want them since I paid for them. Either that or my money back pls :(
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 23:12:09 »
It's a bit late since the decision regarding his vendor status has been made but is there anything I can do to get my money back from Seth if I sent the money via family/friends? I figured nothing could go wrong given his vendor status but because of how I sent the money, I can't get paypal involved in this case. The only feasible way of getting my money back is getting him to refund me directly but he hasn't even replied to my last PM.

The events of my transaction are something along these lines: Contacted on /r/mechmarket > Exchanged money via paypal for 1 set of 62g springs > Waited 3 weeks, didn't receive them  > Attempted to contact him though reddit, got no reply > contacted him on GH, got a reply days later saying wait a bit longer > Contacted him on GH saying they haven't arrived after a month > Got a reply a few days later saying he'll ship another set > Contacted him a month later because those ones haven't arrived yet and still have no reply to this day.

I ended up buying steel springs off a mechmarket user in my country when they appeared so I don't have a use for seth's springs anymore but I still want them since I paid for them. Either that or my money back pls :(

Did you pay with funds already in your account, or through your bank? You can try to go through your bank, but it may not do much good.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 23:12:13 »
It's a bit late since the decision regarding his vendor status has been made but is there anything I can do to get my money back from Seth if I sent the money via family/friends?

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, barring Seth voluntarily giving you your money back. By sending money as a friends/family gift, you're waiving any buyer protections afforded by PayPal.

Edit: What whmeltonjr said above might be true depending on how long ago you sent the money, especially if you payed with a credit card or something similar.

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 08:59:28 »

Did you pay with funds already in your account, or through your bank? You can try to go through your bank, but it may not do much good.

I paid through a bank account linked with paypal. Not much I can do, I can just hope Seth returns and honours our transaction :x

Love the TSM avatar by the way! As a fellow TSM fan, lets hope they do well this year with their roster :)
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 12:07:12 »
I know the (correct) decision has already been reached. Even so, i wanted to close the loop on my personal experience. PP refunded me this morning. Seth never responded to me once. PP also indicated that his account has a negative balance but that would not affect my refund.

I can't suggest strongly enough for people to open a claim if it is at all possible for them.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 15:53:14 »
I know the (correct) decision has already been reached. Even so, i wanted to close the loop on my personal experience. PP refunded me this morning. Seth never responded to me once. PP also indicated that his account has a negative balance but that would not affect my refund.

I can't suggest strongly enough for people to open a claim if it is at all possible for them.
Good follow up!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 15:59:06 »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:49:03 »
I wonder if this will affect his credit history in the future?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:00:21 »
Around here? Haha. Give it ~6 months and if he showed up selling some more custom parts or boards etc you'll see more suckers lining up.

Offline MeltingTeeth

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:40:34 »
This place needs a vendor ****list.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:26:54 »
Around here? Haha. Give it ~6 months and if he showed up selling some more custom parts or boards etc you'll see more suckers lining up.

I meant his bank credit history. As in for later when he decides to get a loan from the bank for a house etc.

You pull something like this off in Australia and you're screwed for 10 years. Bye bye any chance of getting a home loan.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:28:03 »

I meant his bank credit history. As in for later when he decides to get a loan from the bank for a house etc.

You pull something like this off in Australia and you're screwed for 10 years. Bye bye any chance of getting a home loan.
I doubt this could have any affect on that.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:30:52 »
PP can't affect a credit score as far as I know. And he is a minor anyway.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:34:05 »

If his account is linked with a credit card and his balance is in the negatives i think it will.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:38:20 »
If his account is linked with a credit card and his balance is in the negatives i think it will.
can a minor even have a CC? I haven't been one in a while.  :p

Regardless, I'm sure his parents will get involved to help clear up this mess. One of the benifits to being a kid.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:54:11 »
can a minor even have a CC? I haven't been one in a while.  :p

Regardless, I'm sure his parents will get involved to help clear up this mess. One of the benifits to being a kid.
I dont think a minor can have a paypal account. Wasn't someone perma banned from paypal because they put fake details in to get an accont and when pp wanted the account verified they got banned. Could happen here also?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 23:54:37 »

sadly, probably not wrong.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 23:59:32 »

That's why I've been starting my own personal blacklist, I like to trust anybody but it only takes one to ruin it.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 00:06:58 »

That's why I've been starting my own personal blacklist, I like to trust anybody but it only takes one to ruin it.
Sad knowing I'll probably never see my board again =( makes it hard to trust people online again

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 00:13:24 »

Sad knowing I'll probably never see my board again =( makes it hard to trust people online again

I like to have a little faith in him, he did end up finally shipping azhdar his board. I probably live pretty close to him, I wouldn't mind completing the projects for him so people can at least get their boards back. It's a shame he doesn't respond at all.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 00:15:16 »
I'm hoping he actually sends his secret santa something.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 01:42:43 »
I'm hoping he actually sends his secret santa something.

If not, I believe there are several seconds standing by.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline uJalled

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:46:25 »
Yea he's been non-responsive, and he has one of my boards. very unfortunate

Offline OTD

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 07:27:25 »

Paypal actually sends user account for collections if your balance goes negative after a certain period of time and I'm sure that the amount of money a user owes them is a great factor. This is one of the reason why sometimes going directly to a bank to cancel a payment or gift sent via paypal is bad because once the bank reverses that charge, the user's account has a - and can bring that account to a negative balance.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:43:11 »
I like to have a little faith in him, he did end up finally shipping azhdar his board. I probably live pretty close to him, I wouldn't mind completing the projects for him so people can at least get their boards back. It's a shame he doesn't respond at all.

At this point this looks like a pretty great option lol
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:53:17 »

I had just sent sethk a pm stating that I would be glad to take over the projects as long as the owners of the items agree to do so. I have so much free time currently that I could knock out a couple a day. I will be heading back to college(2 hour drive) on January 10th but I also will be driving home every weekend. I also have a pretty awesome schedule for next semester where I have no classes after 12 p.m. on MWF so that gives me a lot of free time as well. I have built three boards, one including resistors and diodes, but have had experience in the past. On one of my previous posts I thought I would may have to take a leave of absence from geekhack but that has since change, in fact I actually have more free time than ever.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:14:17 »

I had just sent sethk a pm stating that I would be glad to take over the projects as long as the owners of the items agree to do so. I have so much free time currently that I could knock out a couple a day. I will be heading back to college(2 hour drive) on January 10th but I also will be driving home every weekend. I also have a pretty awesome schedule for next semester where I have no classes after 12 p.m. on MWF so that gives me a lot of free time as well. I have built three boards, one including resistors and diodes, but have had experience in the past. On one of my previous posts I thought I would may have to take a leave of absence from geekhack but that has since change, in fact I actually have more free time than ever.

Hell, mine doesn't even need more work, just needs to be shipped :(

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:23:14 »

Hell, mine doesn't even need more work, just needs to be shipped :(

Well that's easy enough haha, it's a shame he can't even stop by the post office or even schedule for a pick-up. I am more than willing to help out, just hoping that he replies.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:24:02 »
Well that's easy enough haha, it's a shame he can't even stop by the post office or even schedule for a pick-up. I am more than willing to help out, just hoping that he replies.

The label has even been printed for over a week. Literally won't even bother to schedule a pickup

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:25:42 »

The label has even been printed for over a week. Literally won't even bother to schedule a pickup

There's literally no excuse for that, it's a shame that people bite off more than they can chew. They usually start out with good intentions but then just get too swamped and don't know what to do.

Offline uJalled

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 19:33:27 »
My label has been scheduled since December 8th...

Offline OTD

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 19:34:50 »
Not speaking for myself because I never dealt with him but a friend of mine ordered stickers from one of his GB and never got it.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 19:30:43 »
Still no reply from sethk_... I'm going to send another email, not that it will do any good.

Offline OTD

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:29:05 »
Still no reply from sethk_... I'm going to send another email, not that it will do any good.
He mentioned in a post from before that he won't be responding temporarily and he will instead focus on finishing out the stuff he needs to for other people.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:32:27 »
He mentioned in a post from before that he won't be responding temporarily and he will instead focus on finishing out the stuff he needs to for other people.

Oh ok thank you for letting me know. I've been in contact with others who have better means of talking to him, I'm willing to do anything to help people get their items. Even with just shipping the items out, since he can't seem to schedule a pick-up but creates the shipping labels.

Offline uJalled

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 18:44:38 »
Just an update on the situation thus far:

My tracking has been updated to show that Seth sent out my board, along with the parts. He's been communicating openly with me on Twitter, and seems to be working hard to resolve any remaining issues.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 19:22:34 »

My tracking has been updated to show that Seth sent out my board, along with the parts. He's been communicating openly with me on Twitter, and seems to be working hard to resolve any remaining issues.
It is great to hear you are going to receive your stuff. I hope more people get the same experience. It is never too late to set things right.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 22:38:26 »

It is great to hear you are going to receive your stuff. I hope more people get the same experience. It is never too late to set things right.

Sort of in line with what he said a while back - that he would be working in the background to get peoples' stuff out gradually.

I'm still hoping for the LEDs ...

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 19:43:23 »
Hey SethK. Are you going to give me back my money?

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 01:35:45 »
RIP my TGR-Jane R1  :'(
Digilog Realforce 87u - 45g - GMK Dolch
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB
GoN Nerd Crystal TKL - 62g Mx Blacks - JTK PoW
Duck Octagon - Gateron Blacks - Miami Odessa R4

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 06:13:58 »

What??
What happened?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 06:30:03 »

Dude what happened? tell us bro!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 08:27:28 »

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 11:21:49 »
What??
What happened?
Dude what happened? tell us bro!
?

Sent him my TGR-Jane R1 kit for assembly right around the November 2015. He responded to my request, provided his shipping address, gave me a 1st week update then vanished in December 2015.

Items that I sent him (currently in his "possession") - I put possessions in quotes only on the possible chance Seth sold my items on another forum.

• Titanium Grey TGR-Jane R1 w/Stainless steel plate
  • Linear 65g Zealios
  • Lost time spent attempting to contact him
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 12:01:30 »
Bro, that's awful. I hope you hear back pronto.

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 13:54:36 »
Thanks. I saw that posting on r/mechmarket for a Jane-R1 listed at $1200 now $850. It reminded me of a nice board I never got to use haha.
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 17:48:26 »
Seriously that is a total scam. Hope you got it sorted

Did you manage to get in touch with him?

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 17:56:14 »
Nope, no luck. Emails and PMs have all gone unanswered.
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 15:21:11 »
I reached out to Seth today on instagram.
He immediately deleted all of my comments.

edit: seems he's blocked me now. Cant see his insta anymore.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 15:24:31 »

:thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 16:42:47 »

Sounds like he's gone full scammer to me.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 13:58:38 »
Mods pls, how the fk is kbdhub STILL a vendor?
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 March 2017, 14:01:13 by dgneo »

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:05:00 »
Rip my TGR Jane grey titanium.
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:07:40 »

Wait, what?

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:58:37 »

Wait, what?

I asked Sethk to assemble my TGR Jane about a year ago. He responded and provided his mailing address. About 2 months after that he disappeared and stopped responding. I think steezyus even offered to try contact sethk to retrieve the lost Jane, but no luck there.
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:33:03 »

Wait, what?

I asked Sethk to assemble my TGR Jane about a year ago. He responded and provided his mailing address. About 2 months after that he disappeared and stopped responding. I think steezyus even offered to try contact sethk to retrieve the lost Jane, but no luck there.

Holy cow, man. I really hope you get it. There aren't many out there. :(

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 18:31:53 »

Wait, what?

Holy cow, man. I really hope you get it. There aren't many out there. :(

Haha yea I'm not holding my breath on seeing that beauty ever again.  :'(
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 23:09:46 »
Mods pls, how the fk is kbdhub STILL a vendor?

He is a vendor because he has a subforum. He has a subforum so that people can still post about problems they are having with him. He cannot start anything new on geekhack. This is the only unlocked thread, so that users like dakuzo have somewhere to post.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 11:41:02 »
He has a subforum so that people can still post about problems they are having with him.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 14:22:59 »
He has a subforum so that people can still post about problems they are having with him.

Show Image

Show Image

Do you have a point you're trying to make here? Every thread in this sub, save for this one, is locked. This is the thread for discussing issues. Based on people having posted here within the last week, I'd say there's still need for it.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 14:25:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Do you have a point you're trying to make here? Every thread in this sub, save for this one, is locked. This is the thread for discussing issues. Based on people having posted here within the last week, I'd say there's still need for it.

Had I not posted, I have a funny feeling no one would have.

My point would be there seems to be a lot of cleaning up needed on this forum (GH in general, not just kbdhub), and it honestly seems like no one wants to do anything about it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 March 2017, 14:27:28 by dgneo »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 15:13:10 »

Had I not posted, I have a funny feeling no one would have.

My point would be there seems to be a lot of cleaning up needed on this forum (GH in general, not just kbdhub), and it honestly seems like no one wants to do anything about it.

Fair enough.

I understand how it might look that way from the outside. There are many things in the pipeline, and only so much time in a day, particularly when all the mods have jobs and responsibilities outside of GH. Sometimes things that seem simple don't end up being simple due to having to coordinate enough people for enough time to get things done properly. Doing a proper cleanup of the vendor forums (for instance) is one of those things. It's absolutely something we're working on and haven't forgotten, but it's unfortunately a more complicated process than just one person hitting a few buttons.