Author Topic: MechanicalKeyboards.com Customer Feedback Thread  (Read 57235 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
MechanicalKeyboards.com Customer Feedback Thread
« on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 15:55:31 »
Welcome to our Vendor Feedback thread here on GeekHack!

We look forward to reading the good and bad (hope not) things we have done for you. We also are eager to assist you with any issues or questions you may with regard to your customer experience with us.  Please keep all posts on topic, and include factual information.

Have a spectacular day, and as always, thank you for choosing MechanicalKeyboards.com!

:thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 May 2016, 20:30:40 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: The MK Customer Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 16:42:02 »
You guys have been great and I'm glad you guys are always expanding your offerings.

One of these days I'm gonna make a trip down there to say hi.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: The MK Customer Feedback Thread
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 21:30:33 »
You guys have been great and I'm glad you guys are always expanding your offerings.

One of these days I'm gonna make a trip down there to say hi.

Please do.

Offline BeachFort

Re: MechanicalKeyboards.com Customer Feedback Thread
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 17:24:48 »
I've ordered three keyboards for myself as well as one for a family member from MechanicalKeyboards.com, and I've had nothing but good experiences. The free shipping on pretty much everything that they sell is a huge plus, and everything that I've ordered has shipped super fast and has arrived in perfect condition. From what I've seen the staff is also active in the community and very responsive to feedback, etc.  :thumb:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 17:30:13 »
I've ordered three keyboards for myself as well as one for a family member from MechanicalKeyboards.com, and I've had nothing but good experiences. The free shipping on pretty much everything that they sell is a huge plus, and everything that I've ordered has shipped super fast and has arrived in perfect condition. From what I've seen the staff is also active in the community and very responsive to feedback, etc.  :thumb:

We do all we can

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 21:41:29 »
From a forum perspective, mk.com forum participation is excellent, not only in mk.com threads, but in other threads across the board. :thumb:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 21:49:14 »
From a forum perspective, mk.com forum participation is excellent, not only in mk.com threads, but in other threads across the board. :thumb:

Thanks Rowdy!

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 22:12:03 »
I've been getting the majority of my parts from mk.com for almost a year now without any issues at all. 
The keyboard selection looks extensive, but what draws me is the components - PCB's, cases, switches, springs and keycaps. 

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 07:19:05 »
I've been getting the majority of my parts from mk.com for almost a year now without any issues at all. 
The keyboard selection looks extensive, but what draws me is the components - PCB's, cases, switches, springs and keycaps.

Then you'll be pleased to know that we are working to expand our catalog of DIY even more. Thanks for the feedback.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 10:56:51 »
I have some feedback for your website.

I think it would be awesome to provide a little more information on the different features of your many keyboards (and other items to).

For instance this keyboard https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1554  I assume is the same as this http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/Ducky-One-non-backlit/

If so that board has a ton of features most people probably don't even know about.

This applies to most of the items you guys sell there just isn't much information given to help make a purchase.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 June 2016, 11:57:00 by SpAmRaY »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 11:00:49 »

I think it would be awesome to provide a little more information on the different features of your many keyboards (and other items to).

For instance this keyboard https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1554  I assume is the same as this https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1554

If so that board has a ton of features most people probably don't even know about.

This applies to most of the items you guys sell there just isn't much information given to help make a purchase.

The two links are identical.

With regard to your other suggestion, this is certainly something we are working towards making available across our entire catalog. Please stay tuned for updates.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 11:02:53 »

For instance this keyboard https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1554  I assume is the same as this https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1554

With regard to your other suggestion, this is certainly something we are working towards making available across our entire catalog. Please stay tuned for updates.

Oops I goofed this should have been the second link http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/Ducky-One-non-backlit/

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 11:51:45 »

Oops I goofed this should have been the second link http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/Ducky-One-non-backlit/

Absolutely correct, RaY. As usual the teacher has caught us not doing our homework. We will try to overhaul a few key features on our website, and more importantly update the descriptions of all our currently stocked items. We are certainly aware of scant details. Rest assures, we are on it, sir.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 12:15:05 »
Just ordered for MechanicalKeyboards for the first time.  I was really impressed with the speed of shipping and the overall order process.  Great experience!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 12:17:18 »
Just ordered for MechanicalKeyboards for the first time.  I was really impressed with the speed of shipping and the overall order process.  Great experience!

We are glad to be of service. Thank you for the feedback!

Offline pomk

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 06:49:25 »
Hi,

I posted a question on your feedback form some days ago, but haven't gotten a response.

My question concerned the international shipping costs. I was trying to purchase a couple of switches from you (300), but was turned off because of ludicrous shipping charges of 70 USD! In order to better understand what is going on here, I checked the shipping charges of a retail keyboard with greater volume and weight just to have a good laugh. I was surprised to see that the shipping cost was less for the weighty keyboard, than for some pesky switches. I then proceeded to check how the shipping cost accumulated over different products and concluded that you add some kind of an additional service fee per item in the basket. As you sell switches only in packs of ten, the shipping cost rises to absurd degrees very quickly because of this 'per item fee'.

I understand that your free shipping applies only to USA and I'd be more than happy to pay for the difference. What I don't understand is why you would charge money for a service which is independent of the actual shipping cost, while you do not charge that for USA residents. As I understand 'free' in this case means that the service fee is already included in the price of the products.

Best regards,
Panu

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 07:04:44 »
Hi,

I posted a question on your feedback form some days ago, but haven't gotten a response.

My question concerned the international shipping costs. I was trying to purchase a couple of switches from you (300), but was turned off because of ludicrous shipping charges of 70 USD! In order to better understand what is going on here, I checked the shipping charges of a retail keyboard with greater volume and weight just to have a good laugh. I was surprised to see that the shipping cost was less for the weighty keyboard, than for some pesky switches. I then proceeded to check how the shipping cost accumulated over different products and concluded that you add some kind of an additional service fee per item in the basket. As you sell switches only in packs of ten, the shipping cost rises to absurd degrees very quickly because of this 'per item fee'.

I understand that your free shipping applies only to USA and I'd be more than happy to pay for the difference. What I don't understand is why you would charge money for a service which is independent of the actual shipping cost, while you do not charge that for USA residents. As I understand 'free' in this case means that the service fee is already included in the price of the products.

Best regards,
Panu

This is certainly not the case. Once I get to the office today I will explain more fully. We apologize for any delay and we look forward to assisting you with a better shipping cost. Thank you for choosing MechanicalKeyboards.com!

Offline pomk

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 07:11:13 »
Thank you for the prompt response!

Offline JPVann

Awesome Customer Support
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 08:54:07 »
Bought a wonderful IKBC MF87 from them - had to wait 6 weeks for their next shipment.  Keyboard was wonderful but had an anomaly on the USB port - cable would not seat correctly.

I emailed them Monday and by Friday I had my replacement on its way via FedEx.  Everyone I dealt with was great, took ownership of the situation without question and were very professional and helpful.

I buy a tremendous amount of tech gear online.  These folks are as good as Amazon!