Author Topic: Feedback Thread for GON's KeyboardWorks  (Read 93765 times)

Offline GON

• * Maker
  • Skype ID : GonsKeyboardWorks
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
Feedback Thread for GON's KeyboardWorks
« on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 02:50:12 »
Mod Note: post feedback for GON's KeyboardWorks in this thread.

Dear guys,

I could not log-in Skype so far... I lost my password.
But I could manage to recover mine and logged in.

I will keep logged in to be in touch.

I will answer the calls if I'm not too busy or in bed.
But would you give me some help?

I could not log in the skype at first because I could not answer all the calls rushing in...
But I decided I should not logged out, because I have to be in touch.
I would not be able to update all your orders at the right time you called me, but I will talk with you so that I can give you trust that I won't run away. ;)

My Skype ID is the same

GONsKeyboardworks

Anyone who visit Korea can meet me at Somerset Palace Hotel in Seoul.
I have my office here. Very near from travel sites like Insa-Dong or Old Korean Palaces.

Dear Guys,

I'm not a scammer.
But I can't ship full-assembly orders right away...

I'm rarely taking full-assembly orders these days...
(Some of you would know it. I told recent customers to delay their assembly order because I can't work on it now.)

I will consult all the customers who would place full-assembly kbds, so that they can make a right decision.
I'm delaying assembly orders, not to be taken at the moment.

I'm on-line at Skype.
Anyone can contact me if I'm not too busy, driving a car, or in bed.

GONsKeyboardworks

So sorry guys....
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 02:06:01 by infiniti »
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
GON Artisan/Vendor Review
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 01:51:56 »
Hello users,

The mod team is currently undergoing an artisan/vendor review of GON, and will update this thread with more information as it comes. We will be attempting to contact GON during this process. Sorry for our delay in getting this started.

Please share any recent experiences if they have not already been posted in one of the other threads in this subforum.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: GON Artisan/Vendor Review
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 06:00:37 »
GON was last active today.

It's a shame if another established member has gone AWOL.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 06:11:22 »
He hasn't posted since jan 2015.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 22:19:24 »
Any more feedback? Positive or negative!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 22:26:16 »
I've personally never had a single issue with him but even I can't defend him anymore, the verdict should be pretty obvious.
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 05:28:12 »

When I say "last active", I'm simply referring to the text on the profile page.  According to that he was "last active" today.

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 16:58:15 »
My experience:  Ordered a preassembled board Dec 2014, the tally was about 500$.  Still haven't received anything.  Last reply from him was the 9th of March 2015, which was a reply to a post from the 7th of January 2015.  Since then I've sent him 10 emails no reply.  I've tried to contact him over some form on his website and via skype, nothing.  Since then I've tried asking him to just send me the parts with no assemble but no reply.  I've even said that I'd like to cancel the order and get a refund but no reply. 

Edit: and of course he asked me to send the payment as gift, so I couldn't do anything.  It never ocurred to me that this would happen as his reputation seemed to be good at the time of purchase. 
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 17:01:18 by asgeirtj »
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Naweo

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 17:12:05 »
2 years ago, when I first started getting knowledge of keyboards, I ordered a fully assembled GON keyboard, 75% size.

Today, I do not necessarily think I will find use of this keyboard - non-the-less - I would still very much like to receive it. Or even better, get my money back.

I miss everything of it, and I submitted my order 2 years ago.

I have been unable to get in contact - not a single response - for over a year. This includes hundreds of emails, phone calls and other attempts.

Offline rempire

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 17:26:26 »
Ordered a fully assembled nerd60 in Oct. 2015*.

I have sent a few emails regarding status. Only response was in May; no definitive completion time-frame was given.

I recently inquired about adjusting the layout. Hoping to receive a response.

Edit: corrected year
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 22:16:07 by rempire »

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 17:32:56 »
I ordered an unassembled kit from him, it arrived in 1 month. I recommended him to a friend who ordered an assembled keyboard from him in April 2015. He's still waiting. All emails and skype calls/messages from my friend have been ignored by GON. Won't be recommending GON ever again.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline mattycee

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 21:40:16 »
Ordered fully assembled TKL board from him last march. Have not replied since the day I purchased the board. Sent an email pretending to want to buy a board from him last month and he actually replied and encouraged me to buy a board. Seems like the only time this guy is replying is when you are planning to send him money.
Current: Das 4 MX Blues,  Poker II MX Clears

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 21:47:44 »
That's gotta be at least a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff that hasn't been fulfilled judging just from the last few comments, and while delays are fine going unresponsive for months on end is most definitely not.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline nugglets

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 22:12:48 »
Ordered fully assembled TKL board from him last march. Have not replied since the day I purchased the board. Sent an email pretending to want to buy a board from him last month and he actually replied and encouraged me to buy a board. Seems like the only time this guy is replying is when you are planning to send him money.

This right here is the biggest problem.

Actively ignoring inquiries from paid customers, many of whom have been waiting a year or more, while inviting more people to send you money for products and services you know you will not complete anywhere close to the timeframe quoted on the site.

I don't know what else you could possibly call that aside from straight up fraud.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 13:04:59 »
This right here is the biggest problem.

Actively ignoring inquiries from paid customers, many of whom have been waiting a year or more, while inviting more people to send you money for products and services you know you will not complete anywhere close to the timeframe quoted on the site.

Agreed.  That more than anything else, is very incriminating, and can't just be passed off.

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 20:13:46 »
Inquired about an assembled and I told him I was concerned about the delay and he said "I can do a Q.C. by GON which means I have someone do the build of the keyboard and I do the final tuning and inspection. I ensure it is as good as if I built it myself. That would take a month to complete." I agreed to the order. Several months passed and I received no keyboard and inquired about the status of the keyboard with no response. I then sent an email saying I would open a PayPal dispute if I hadn't heard back. He sent me a picture with the parts and said "My keyboard was ready to be built. Sorry for the delay." The PayPal dispute period passed and now he will no longer respond to my emails. He purposely baited me along. It has been around 9 months since my original order.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 07:17:34 »
I placed my order February 7th 2015, and paid in full the same day. I understood from the beginning that he has a long turnaround time, and was willing to wait a year plus.

After I placed my order, I made my first attempt to call him, June 2015. I was able to reach him on his cell phone, and he stated that there was an issue with the case and/or PCB and it would be another few months. I told him thank you for the update. I proceeded to contact him again around October 2015, for another update. This time, despite my repeated attempts at calling both his cell and skype, I was unable to get a hold of him. I tried to email him, and open a ticket up on his website, all to no avail. I tried this several times a month from October until March this year. My problem with this is not the wait time. I understand custom orders take a while, but it is the complete lack of communication. This communication breakdown has me worried, given the fact that I sent $618.70 via Paypal gift, with no recourse. I even went so far as to ask him for parts only, or any sort of modification to my order that he needed in order for me to receive SOMETHING, but each attempt at reaching out to him has gone unanswered. The fact that he will respond to potential clients, but not to people who have already paid is bad business, and also just plain rude.

My desired outcome - Money Back or a Keyboard, at this point I will take pretty much any comparable Korean custom.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 07:31:51 »
Handy form below. Hopefully this can quantify the outstanding orders, as well as the dollar amount and length of time.

Form Link https://goo.gl/forms/I45aoK4OvvtPnkhy2

Response Link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-LurYVItdxrx2J7V8HuMMHLERtldcT1JYzxZfe2mA-4/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2016, 21:59:00 by ManicMatt1125 »

Offline kingpilcrow

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 19:39:35 »

I'd say GON is gone.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 19:47:57 »

I'd say GON is gone.
I know reading is hard but Gon just posted a few days ago.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 21:42:25 »
Yes, he posted something about his new PCB taking precedence over our paid for orders

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 21:51:31 »
He also posted that his Skype is open again after password recovery.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 21:52:39 »
Two orders delivered in less than three weeks each, with no issues, they included PCBs, a case and small components like diodes, stabs, resistors, nothing assembled, though.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 14:28:07 »
Hi Mods, any update on this? I notice one individual has received a respond from GON.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 15:02:15 »
Placed an order and emailed twice, but no response.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 10:45:50 »

Update! He told me lead time was 1-2 weeks. I've paid via goods and bought a TKL housing and PCB. I will keep this thread updated on what happens.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 12:49:41 »

Update! He told me lead time was 1-2 weeks. I've paid via goods and bought a TKL housing and PCB. I will keep this thread updated on what happens.

Dang. when did he respond? I emailed a couple o' times re: the NerD TKL PCB.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 13:02:05 »

Dang. when did he respond? I emailed a couple o' times re: the NerD TKL PCB.
6 hours ago!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 05:13:39 »
Just emailed him asking for an update... I will update.

I've realized I'm basically ordering to test him, if it doesn't work out then he's already breaking a couple of rules using PayPal so I'll report him :))

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 17:16:38 »
Please delete
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 August 2016, 07:35:33 by ManicMatt1125 »

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 07:35:00 »
I just spoke with him via skype. He said he will ship me out parts only in 2 weeks. This is good enough for me

Offline mattycee

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 00:01:07 »

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 06:56:04 »
Please delete

LOL only you matter?
I was referring to comment

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 07:15:28 »
this may be the dumbest question of the year... but if I were to order a silencing pad and some LED's off his website, would I get the items in a timely fashion?

Edit: you know what, nevermind. I don't want to support someone treating other people badly.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 08:04:50 »
this may be the dumbest question of the year... but if I were to order a silencing pad and some LED's off his website, would I get the items in a timely fashion?

Edit: you know what, nevermind. I don't want to support someone treating other people badly.

Most parts and components that do not require assembly are shipped and delivered within reasonable times, often; but, anything that takes additional work may not.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 03:39:10 »
Test progress?

After sending 4 emails that were ignored, I started a dispute on PayPal. Shockingly, he got back to me the next day saying that he'll ship this week. I doubt it will happen, but he did show me this picture - I ordered the housing and PCB, both are in the picture.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 04:05:59 »
My housing and PCB was shipped today. Slight disbelief but we'll see.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 09:57:08 »
So all it takes is a dispute...  :))

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 10:38:43 »
So all it takes is a dispute...  :))
And poking a lot... I think 4 emails went unanswered in the end.

Quote from: GON
I shipped your order, but will take longer than normal because we have long holidays now.
Please allow me some more days for delivery. ;)
Time to hold my butt and wait.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 11:13:38 »
Quote from: GON
I shipped your order, but will take longer than normal because we have long holidays now.
Please allow me some more days for delivery. ;)
Time to hold my butt and wait.

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 23:56:46 »
hmm I kinda want an extra nerd pcb in case i ever have to rebuild my LZ-S. I've never had a problem with him in the past 3 or so times I've ordered but even I'm a little nervous now :(
I love Elzy

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 04:57:09 »
hmm I kinda want an extra nerd pcb in case i ever have to rebuild my LZ-S. I've never had a problem with him in the past 3 or so times I've ordered but even I'm a little nervous now :(
I guess you can just dispute, seemed to work fine

I will note that this shouldn't be necessary, as some people seem to think it's absolutely fine to dispute on a transaction/order.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 09:03:12 »
Tracking is showing something!!

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 10:50:19 »

what does it show though?

reading all these drama in gh is fun

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 11:25:51 »

what does it show though?

reading all these drama in gh is fun
It's moving bloody quickly. Its just landed in London.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 07:50:35 »

Got it today. Just over a month from order to receiving it. Many emails went un-responded, and I had to dispute on PayPal... But it got here. Your milage may vary.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 09:22:24 »
Show Image

Got it today. Just over a month from order to receiving it. Many emails went un-responded, and I had to dispute on PayPal... But it got here. Your milage may vary.

rip

it's over for people who cant dispute

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 09:58:50 »

Doesn't seem like the type of person that GH would want to have a section for.  But I suppose opinions vary.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 10:02:55 »

Doesn't seem like the type of person that GH would want to have a section for.  But I suppose opinions vary.

I think at this point, they need to have something here about GON. If you remove all trace of him, more people will keep getting screwed over.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 10:09:11 »
Show Image

rip

it's over for people who cant dispute
Pretty much, I'm still surprised I was actually able to get it.

I think it needs to exist so people are aware, and many people have been screwed over by him.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 10:47:43 »

I think it needs to exist so people are aware, and many people have been screwed over by him.

Having it as a vendor forum implies a certain amount of endorsement, however.  Collecting the negative experiences into a thread would seem to be enough.  Perhaps even post that in the root vendor area rather than him having his own forum.

Offline mattycee

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 20:36:22 »
so uh.... is there any mod's here. I swear they just made this post to shut everyone up.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 18:21:26 »
so uh.... is there any mod's here. I swear they just made this post to shut everyone up.

Vendor reviews take a long time, and a lot of internal discussion. The GH mod team is fairly small compared to other, similar size forums, and a lot more money changes hands.

Be patient, answers will come.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 03:56:50 »

Vendor reviews take a long time, and a lot of internal discussion. The GH mod team is fairly small compared to other, similar size forums, and a lot more money changes hands.

And also this particular case is slightly murky, as it seems that GON has been replying and sending some stuff out.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:07:26 »

And also this particular case is slightly murky, as it seems that GON has been replying and sending some stuff out.

Thanks to both of you for making those points.

Just to clarify, right now we're working on figuring out what will be best for the community in the long term, and we're looking into a few different options. More information is always useful, so if anyone has updates to post, please do so.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline FRnunurs

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:32:33 »
I ordered a TKL this summer (2016-08-05).
I Tried multiple times to contact GON (by skype call / skype messages / mail / website messages on order page) just to get a simple acknowledge of this order ... and possibly an ETA.

0 reply.

Gon if you reading this, please just drop me an ACK and tell us that you're still alive :-)
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:36:41 by FRnunurs »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:33:47 »
I ordered a TKL this summer (2016-08-05).
I Tried multiple times to contact GON (by skype call / skype messages / mail / website messages on order page) just to get a simple acknowledge of this order ... and possibly an ETA.

0 reply.

Gon if you reading this, please just drop me an ACK and tell us that you're still alive :-)
8th of May or 5th of August?

I wouldn't bet on him replying...

Offline FRnunurs

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:35:16 »

August  ;) ... I like to live on the edge but still ... I'm just asking for an ACK :/

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:37:38 »

August  ;) ... I like to live on the edge but still ... I'm just asking for an ACK :/
I ordered after you and have already got mine. I disputed. I would suggest the same as it seems obvious the dispute forced GON to ship or refund. Personally, don't risk it.

I ordered a TKL housing and PCB.

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 02:04:54 »
Does anyone have any news regarding GON? I also oredered a custom TKL keyboard (2016-05-20) with assembly. Have tried to contact him in the beginning of november about seven times through the website and through mail. Not a singel answer. Off course i payed in advance  :(
Before my buy i contacted him and told him i was intrested in a keybord, he got back to me instantly. Not answering his customers that have paid him money is just plain RUDE.
I begin to think my money is long gone by now....

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 02:23:14 »
Does anyone have any news regarding GON? I also oredered a custom TKL keyboard (2016-05-20) with assembly. Have tried to contact him in the beginning of november about seven times through the website and through mail. Not a singel answer. Off course i payed in advance  :(
Before my buy i contacted him and told him i was intrested in a keybord, he got back to me instantly. Not answering his customers that have paid him money is just plain RUDE.
I begin to think my money is long gone by now....

You're within six months so if you didn't pay by gift file a dispute - if GON doesn't respond at least you get your money back.

For the record I contacted GON posing as a potential customer wanting a board and he didn't even reply - this is an improvement on taking everyone's money and not sending goods, but a 'sorry I'm busy' would have been nice.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 02:37:14 »
Yes i have tried to dispute but i payed through paypal to his mailadress (he told me that was the way) and then you can't dispute. So yes, I know it was kind of a gamble but i had only heard good things about him and his work.
I can sure accept a long wait without a problem but not answering a mail just giving me an update that's not ok.
But lets hope his just really busy and start delivering keyboards again soon :)

Offline nugglets

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 03:39:17 »
Yes i have tried to dispute but i payed through paypal to his mailadress (he told me that was the way) and then you can't dispute. So yes, I know it was kind of a gamble but i had only heard good things about him and his work.
I can sure accept a long wait without a problem but not answering a mail just giving me an update that's not ok.

Don't give up. If you actually call PayPal they do have the authority to dispute even gift transactions. Explain that it was the only option you were given to pay for goods, that the seller has stopped responding and that you received nothing while he continues to operate using their service. Also mention that he has prior disputes on his account for the same reasons, which you have only recently been made aware of.

If they say there's nothing they can do, ask to speak to a supervisor. It is within their power, you just need to find someone willing to exercise that power. Keep calling back until you get someone who will act. You have 9 days left in the 6 month period, after which it will become more difficult (but still not impossible) to get your money back.

Even if you still want the board, we've seen examples where filing a dispute is what finally gets him to start responding and working with you.

Good luck =)
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 November 2016, 03:42:02 by nugglets »

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 03:47:24 »

Don't give up. If you actually call PayPal they do have the authority to dispute even gift transactions. Explain that it was the only option you were given to pay for goods, that the seller has stopped responding and that you received nothing while he continues to operate using their service. Also mention that he has prior disputes on his account for the same reasons, which you have only recently been made aware of.

If they say there's nothing they can do, ask to speak to a supervisor. It is within their power, you just need to find someone willing to exercise that power. Keep calling back until you get someone who will act. You have 9 days left in the 6 month period, after which it will become more difficult (but still not impossible) to get your money back.

Even if you still want the board, we've seen examples where filing a dispute is what finally gets him to start responding and working with you.

Good luck =)

OK, thanks for the advise. I will try and see if i have any luck :)

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 06:04:58 »
I finally got Paypal to start a dispute. took a bit of convincing to make the operator open a case. Has stated that i want my keybord as firts choise but if that's not possible i want a full refund.
He now has 10 Days to respond.
Hope more people take action and contact paypal if they don't get any communication back from him.
I absolutely don't have anything against GON himself but this is not a serious way to make business. If you have a huge backlog you can't take new orders until you are back on track.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 17:06:30 »
I finally got Paypal to start a dispute. took a bit of convincing to make the operator open a case. Has stated that i want my keybord as firts choise but if that's not possible i want a full refund.
Hope more people take action and contact paypal if they don't get any communication back from him.
I absolutely don't have anything against GON himself but this is not a serious way to make business. If you have a huge backlog you can't take new orders until you are back on track.

Yay! Happy to hear it worked out for you. Now hopefully GON will take notice and get your keyboard shipped. Beware, though. Do NOT close the dispute until you have the item in hand, no matter what GON says. Once it has been closed, that's it. Good luck! =)

Offline Nic3GreenNachos

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 23:37:53 »

I made an order in October for a keyboard with assembly. I now have concerns about the trustworthiness of GON. Can you tell me how you filed a dispute? I payed as a gift.

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 07:32:06 »

I made an order in October for a keyboard with assembly. I now have concerns about the trustworthiness of GON. Can you tell me how you filed a dispute? I payed as a gift.

Hi!

If you payed as a gift you can't start a dispute online (you may already now this).
 I called paypal and told them my problem (i also payed as a gift). The man from Paypal first told me there's nothing they could do. I then told him that i had friends that got their help with similar cases. After a little persuasion he finally helped me to start a dispute so i really hope this work. I've Heard nothing so far but he still have 8 Days to answer in the dispute.
Good luck to you and I hope that Paypal will help you.

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 07:48:01 »

Yay! Happy to hear it worked out for you. Now hopefully GON will take notice and get your keyboard shipped. Beware, though. Do NOT close the dispute until you have the item in hand, no matter what GON says. Once it has been closed, that's it. Good luck! =)

Thanks! Now we can only wait and hope thet GON will answer to the dispute. Have not Heard from him yet but it's still over a week left Before his time runs out.

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 01:41:16 »
UPDATE:

GON contacted me through mail monday night. He told me that he don't have time to assemble my keyboard at this moment but offered to send me the parts i ordered with a Pre-soldered PCB (diodes and resistors). As compensation for the assembly he offered me an extra Nerd60 PCB and UV Plate.
At this time i just want my parts so i accepted the offer and will do rest of the assembly myself. This morning i got the tracking number so hopefully i soon will have the parts in my hand.

If you have an ongoing order with included assembly i don't see any change regarding waiting time. What you can do is Contact him and ask for the parts instead. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Offline FRnunurs

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:55:09 »
UPDATE:

GON contacted me through mail monday night. He told me that he don't have time to assemble my keyboard at this moment but offered to send me the parts i ordered with a Pre-soldered PCB (diodes and resistors). As compensation for the assembly he offered me an extra Nerd60 PCB and UV Plate.
At this time i just want my parts so i accepted the offer and will do rest of the assembly myself. This morning i got the tracking number so hopefully i soon will have the parts in my hand.

If you have an ongoing order with included assembly i don't see any change regarding waiting time. What you can do is Contact him and ask for the parts instead. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Wow ... he replied to you ???? amazing !

I tried many times to ask him the same thing as you, he never showed any sign of life.
Can you ask him to reply to my mail ( CEPQMNOZU placed on 2016-08-05 - bvessemont (a.t ) gmail.com ) to make the same kind of deal ?

please :-/

I'm trying to reach him again in the meantime.

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 01:28:53 »
UPDATE:

I tried many times to ask him the same thing as you, he never showed any sign of life.
Can you ask him to reply to my mail ( CEPQMNOZU placed on 2016-08-05 - bvessemont (a.t ) gmail.com ) to make the same kind of deal ?

Sure, I will try. But he never answered any of the mails i send him before the dispute (about 10 mails).
Have you tried to open a dispute on paypal?

Offline FRnunurs

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 02:20:49 »
UPDATE:

Sure, I will try. But he never answered any of the mails i send him before the dispute (about 10 mails).

He finally replies to my latest mail... (After 4 month)
He Will send the parts to me with some bonus plate like he did for you.

I'm just hoping it Will not take ages to ship this :-/

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 02:31:20 »
UPDATE:

He finally replies to my latest mail... (After 4 month)
He Will send the parts to me with some bonus plate like he did for you.

I'm just hoping it Will not take ages to ship this :-/

Good to hear !
Yes hope we get our stuff soon :)

Offline Wknd_Warrior

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 02:20:05 »
Got my keyboardparts yesterday as promised  :thumb:

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 19:42:23 »
Got email from GON's website. My order, that was put in status "Preparation in progress" ~6 months ago when this forum started calling him a scammer and he finally reappeared to say he wasn't a scammer, just went back to "Payment accepted" status! I bet 6 months from now, it will say "Awaiting payment". Any year now!

Offline Nic3GreenNachos

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 11:25:31 »

Hi!

If you payed as a gift you can't start a dispute online (you may already now this).
 I called paypal and told them my problem (i also payed as a gift). The man from Paypal first told me there's nothing they could do. I then told him that i had friends that got their help with similar cases. After a little persuasion he finally helped me to start a dispute so i really hope this work. I've Heard nothing so far but he still have 8 Days to answer in the dispute.
Good luck to you and I hope that Paypal will help you.

So I got my order, kind of. After trying to contract Gon with Skype, email, website, etc. I got no response. So I filed a dispute with paypal, the kind gift as the wrong amount. By this time I said I'd accept the offer Gon gave me after I initially placed my order; that I can get my order as parts. I did this thinking it is better to get something than nothing for my money. Especially because I sent the payment as a gift. So I got my order for the GON NS NerD 108 as parts, and an additionally NerD 60 with faceplate as compensation for not having it assembled; not sure if this is adequate compensation. So I got a solder iron and soldered it myself, and I had a hell of a time. It is far from perfect and far from professional. However, the board seems to work fine.

In my opinion, Gon is probably not malicious in his unreliability. I think he is probably working a full time job, 40 hours a week, and running his keyboard business full time too. I think he should cease offering assembly for his boards all together and replace his assembly with full kits for his boards. I say never order assembly from Gon. I feel a bit bad because I was distraught and disrespectful to him when trying to contact him.

Offline Nic3GreenNachos

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 11:30:56 »
Handy form below. Hopefully this can quantify the outstanding orders, as well as the dollar amount and length of time.

Form Link https://goo.gl/forms/I45aoK4OvvtPnkhy2

Response Link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-LurYVItdxrx2J7V8HuMMHLERtldcT1JYzxZfe2mA-4/edit?usp=sharing

Can you remove me from the list since I got my order as parts?

Offline rempire

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 12:12:50 »
Anyone from the year+ club get their orders or any sort of update?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 21:41:52 »
So it's been 8 months.

mods pls
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:19:29 »
So it's been 8 months.

mods pls

At this point i wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately. There's so much **** that needs cleaning up around here, and honestly mods don't seem interested in doing any of it.

Shame really.

Offline fabluso

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:39:25 »
First and foremost i wanted to thank everyone who had reported issue(s) about GON not shipping orders after payment has been made. I took all the precautions and got my board in 8 days from ordering it.
I reached out first via e-mailing to show interest in purchasing a board.
Got a response right away asking to pay asap so the product could be shipped out.
Then we exchanged few more messages as i kept asking question about warranty/confirmation that the board will be sent out.
I then reached out to Paypal to make sure i will be protected with the buy and was re-assured of that.
Then i reached to GON about the fact that i cannot make the payment as a gift/send money to friends and family(this option would NOT give buyer any protection from Paypal ), he right away told me that "IF" i wanted buyer protection that i will have to pay
price of pcb ( listed on website )
shipping ( $25, normal for shipment coming out of that region to USA)
4.2% extra of the above amount
and $0.20 additional ( didn't ask about this because it is 20c and wasn't going to make much difference )
Also, on my payment to him i made a note that IF the product is not shipped within 2 weeks of the order date that i will cancel and report via Paypal. Also mentioned the fact that as per our discussion via e-mail you will ship the product this week, and if not then next week.
I agreed and paid last Thursday and received my board today
If someone needs any more info, please feel free to message me, anything i can do to help, would love to do so.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:52:39 »
First and foremost i wanted to thank everyone who had reported issue(s) about GON not shipping orders after payment has been made. I took all the precautions and got my board in 8 days from ordering it.
Got a response right away asking to pay asap so the product could be shipped out.
Then we exchanged few more messages as i kept asking question about warranty/confirmation that the board will be sent out.
I then reached out to Paypal to make sure i will be protected with the buy and was re-assured of that.
Then i reached to GON about the fact that i cannot make the payment as a gift/send money to friends and family(this option would NOT give buyer any protection from Paypal ), he right away told me that "IF" i wanted buyer protection that i will have to pay
and $0.20 additional ( didn't ask about this because it is 20c and wasn't going to make much difference )
Also, on my payment to him i made a note that IF the product is not shipped within 2 weeks of the order date that i will cancel and report via Paypal. Also mentioned the fact that as per our discussion via e-mail you will ship the product this week, and if not then next week.
If someone needs any more info, please feel free to message me, anything i can do to help, would love to do so.

just to let you know, that 20 cents is part of the paypal fee

its different region to region but often itll either be 3.9% + 20 cents or 4.2% + 20 cents, for my country for example when receiving foreign payments its 3.9% + 20 pence but some asian countries i believe have up to 5% plus extras

anyway just to let you know thats totally standard, and not anything untoward
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:33:46 »

Interesting, I really wonder what is going on..

Glad you got your board!
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline fabluso

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:43:53 »

its different region to region but often itll either be 3.9% + 20 cents or 4.2% + 20 cents, for my country for example when receiving foreign payments its 3.9% + 20 pence but some asian countries i believe have up to 5% plus extras

Thanks for the info and chiming in, i personally didn't care much about the 4.2% + .20 as it only added 4-5 $ more to the entire order. i felt i had to let everyone know so if someone was still going to order anyways ( like i did ) then they can at least take these precautions and hope that it would help them

Offline fabluso

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:46:22 »

Interesting, I really wonder what is going on..

Glad you got your board!

I am puzzled as well as to what's going on, i wish GON would come clean and make it up to the people he still owe $ or parts. I feel for everyone that has waited so long for their stuff and still nothing.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:48:08 »

Thanks for the info and chiming in, i personally didn't care much about the 4.2% + .20 as it only added 4-5 $ more to the entire order. i felt i had to let everyone know so if someone was still going to order anyways ( like i did ) then they can at least take these precautions and hope that it would help them

definitely wasnt insinuating you were making a big deal about it etc, just clarifying for you what that 20 cents was for and what it went towards, its a standard thing that i think a lot of people are aware of if they deal with paypal a lot but i can see how it seems a random thing for a vendor to request should you not know what it is
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline fabluso

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:53:45 »

definitely wasnt insinuating you were making a big deal about it etc, just clarifying for you what that 20 cents was for and what it went towards, its a standard thing that i think a lot of people are aware of if they deal with paypal a lot but i can see how it seems a random thing for a vendor to request should you not know what it is

No worries (: i must have come across as "complaining" or could have put it in a different way, english is my 2nd language ( more like 3rd )  but i genuinely was thanking you (: as i wasn't aware of that info, rarely ever use paypal, and have not used it for years. Again, thanks and i have read enough of geekhack to know you meant well so it is all g0od ;) have a good weekend

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 20:32:36 »
Wow, vendor review has been open almost a year and nothing yet...

Offline earplugs

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 02:47:10 »
I'm new here. However after going through several of these posts with a multitude of users reporting similar issues with this vendor, it boggles my mind that Gon has yet to be shut down. It's a damn shame because future users are vulnerable to being scammed out of their money as well.

Tons of red flags...

1) Vendor requests to be paid in gift format by default to avoid any responsibility for fulfilling the order
2) Vendor does not reply to emails unless they are inquiries prior to purchasing
3) Vendor only replies to buyers after they open a PayPal dispute
4) Vendor attempts to delay users from opening PayPal disputes within the allowed dispute period by saying it will take longer assemble/ship, then never replies once the buyer can no longer open a dispute
5) There are buyers who have bought upwards of $500 worth of items 1-2 years ago who have still not received their purchases

No reputable vendor would ever do any of the 5 things listed above.
Again, I'm new here. Have the mods always been this tolerant of sketchy vendors?
Gon has designed and built nice keyboards, but this continued fraudulent behavior as a vendor should be stopped.

Also these are not valid excuses:
1) it takes a long time to assemble a keyboard
2) it is difficult to assemble keyboards and sell them when you have a 40hour/week job

A vendor that respects its buyers would reject orders and report items as 'out of stock' when overwhelmed with too many orders.
If the vendor can't satisfy the volume of orders, then the vendor needs to limit the volume of orders or upscale either the size of the workforce or the time dedicated towards building and shipping the products.
You can't just take peoples' money and then never send them the item you promised. That's called theft.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 11:02:45 »
yeah nothing gets done around here except when someone wants to rename a thread from a few years ago.

nearly a year now since this thread opened and gon still has a vendor forum, nice
I love Elzy

Offline earplugs

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 17:51:51 »
yeah nothing gets done around here except when someone wants to rename a thread from a few years ago.

nearly a year now since this thread opened and gon still has a vendor forum, nice

:-X
I guess scamming is commonplace on this community. Even past mods have done it. I'll see myself out.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71507.msg2100322#msg2100322
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73572.msg2098692#msg2098692
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57897.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71995.500
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82065.msg2223647#msg2223647
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80867.msg2124238#msg2124238
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 June 2017, 18:02:23 by earplugs »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 19:43:39 »

:-X
I guess scamming is commonplace on this community. Even past mods have done it. I'll see myself out.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71507.msg2100322#msg2100322
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73572.msg2098692#msg2098692
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57897.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71995.500
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82065.msg2223647#msg2223647
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80867.msg2124238#msg2124238

you make it sound like more than one mod has done it

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Feedback Thread for GON's KeyboardWorks
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 02:08:36 »
FYI, the GON's KeyboardWorks sub-forum will be archived on 5 Sept 2017.

Kindly continue discussion here in the Feedback Thread for GON's KeyboardWorks: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83542.0
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 02:18:12 by infiniti »

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 13:41:50 »
Still waiting on 500$ order from Dec 2014. Last reply from him was from March 2015. Shouldn't we at least group together and report him to Paypal?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 20:01:59 »
Still waiting on 500$ order from Dec 2014. Last reply from him was from March 2015. Shouldn't we at least group together and report him to Paypal?

Im with you, although organization is not my strong suit. I can provide my details if needed. Im out over $600

My last play was to complain to the korean consumer agency,. They said since he is not a buisness they cant do anything

Offline arhetue

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 16:23:45 »
$750 order I paid for in October of 16, nothing. He emailed me in June and said he could send parts, then radio silence.  :-[

Offline brentaarnold

• An astonishingly decent man
    • Blog
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 20:41:29 »
Paid for a custom built GONpad in 2014 and never heard back from him.
My WTB/WTS/WTT Thread

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; and that which can be asserted without evidence may also be dismissed without it." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline joshie

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 12:42:29 »
Sorry for the bump but I was wondering if Gon has sent anyone anything lately? He has had my money for years and doesn't reply to email, which seems to be standard.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 14:26:42 »
friend paid $600 for a board back in 2015. still no board and have not heard anything from this dude.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 23:56:48 »
friend paid $600 for a board back in 2015. still no board and have not heard anything from this dude.

:(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 01:16:39 »
This is insane really.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 07:44:32 »
I'm thinking of buying a acrylic TKL case from GON's website store. Will there be any problems?

Offline rempire

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 16:05:21 »
Probably. Dont support a thief.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 20:07:53 »

I find it absurd some people have yet to receive their products from GON but then again I've seen many who have keyboards and parts from GON. Is it worth risking for $70?

I shouldn't support a "thief", but I haven't found such a perfect acrylic TKL case suited for a potential future build.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 August 2019, 01:55:47 by Nightcrawler »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 00:37:51 »

I find it absurd some people have yet to receive their products from GON but then again I've seen many who have keyboards and parts from GON. Is it worth risking for $70?

I shouldn't support a "thief", but I haven't found such a perfect acrylic TKL case suited for a potential future build.

I haven't purchased anything from GON myself, but I wouldn't considering the reputation that's being garnered. While GON's keyboards are what drew me into transparent keyboard design, I wouldn't risk it at this point.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 07:52:56 »

I haven't purchased anything from GON myself, but I wouldn't considering the reputation that's being garnered. While GON's keyboards are what drew me into transparent keyboard design, I wouldn't risk it at this point.

Thanks for letting me know. At this current point, I probably won't purchase from GON but I did email him regarding the product, so I'll see if I get a reply.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 01:46:23 »
GON replied to my email stating I can order the desired product, will this be indicative that he will fulfil my order?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 01:53:44 »
GON replied to my email stating I can order the desired product, will this be indicative that he will fulfil my order?

see

No one here can give you a guarantee that you will get what you order. If you really want to risk it, use paypal or something and know how long you have to dispute the payment. Get an email from GON giving a time frame and set out the use of tracked postage. If you don't get it before the end of the agreed time, dispute the payment.

I personally would not.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 16:12:01 »
I have been using GON PCB for years now. I damaged one myself, the other two are working pretty well, one may have required a new USB port soon, but nothing really bad. However, I would not try to buy anything from him now, that there are many other sources of good products.

Offline WPOTC

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 20:59:36 »
I ordered my keyboard four years ago. No keyboard yet and complete radio silence from Gon. Do not trust this guy. I mean I should've known when he demands a direct cash deposit via paypal.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 11:03:01 »
i've defended him a lot in the past but at this point, if you can help it, you should probably refrain from supporting him, even if you are confident in receiving what you order.
I love Elzy